STANDARD GRILL MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN
This came from the Standard Grill in NYC by way of Ina Garten. The best part of the meal is the bread that bakes under the chicken according to some. Make sure it is stale and thick, preferably sourdough. I had a 41/2 lb chicken and adjusted the cooking time. I did not have Aleppo pepper and subbed paprika and cayenne 4-1 ratio.
Provided by surus
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- The day before you plan to cook the chicken, season inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff with quartered lemon, bay leaf, garlic and thyme. Refrigerate.
- On the day you plan to cook the chicken take it out 30 minutes before you plan to roast it. Set oven to 425-450.
- in a pan just large enough to hold the chicken ( I used a cast iron skillet) oil the pan lightly and place the bread in the pan. Only use as much bread as will be under the chicken or else it will burn. Place the chicken on the bread.
- drizzle the bird with olive oil and place in the oven for 40-50 minutes, basting every 15 minute if there are any juices.
- While the chicken roasts make the glaze by combining the creme fraiche with the lemon zest, juice, shallot and pepper.
- When the chicken is almost done brush on a bit of the glaze and cook another 5 minutes. The glaze will caramelize. Repeat a second time.
- When the chicken is done remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. The bread should be crisp on the bottom (mine was black) and moist and juicy on the top. Cut the bread into 2-3 pieces and serve with the chicken.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and maldon salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 700.3, Fat 52.1, SaturatedFat 18.6, Cholesterol 227.9, Sodium 250.5, Carbohydrate 10.2, Fiber 1, Sugar 1.1, Protein 45.9
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - MOROCCAN STYLE
This recipe originally won first prize ($1 Million) in a national cook-off of some sort (I think Pillsbury) several years ago. I can see why - it is a wonderful combination of flavours. The recipe is quite easy to make and is very economical. I have also substituted the chicken thighs for boneless, skinless breasts and it works just fine. The thighs are definitely better though as they are more moist. Do try this - you'll love it.
Provided by Just Call Me Martha
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add almonds and cook until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add garlic and chicken to same skillet that almonds were cooked in.
- Saute, turning once, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Mix together salsa, water, currants, honey, cumin and cinnamon.
- Add mixture to chicken and stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook.
- Stir and baste occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Serve over couscous or rice.
- Top with chopped almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 660.2, Fat 36.9, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 157.9, Sodium 568.5, Carbohydrate 41.8, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 9.8, Protein 40.1
More about "million dollar chicken standard grill recipes"
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN BAKE · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - URBANCOOKERY
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - EASY EVERYDAY RECIPES FROM …
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN | CARNALDISH
RECIPE: THE STANDARD GRILL'S "MILLION DOLLAR" CHICKEN - INSIDEHOOK
Author Evan Bleier
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - GONNA WANT SECONDS
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - FOOD NETWORK
FUN IN THE CITY | BAREFOOT CONTESSA: MODERN COMFORT FOOD - FOOD …
THE STANDARD GRILL MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN RECIPE NETWORK
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - SPARKLES TO SPRINKLES
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - HEARTLANDCOOKING.COM
THE STANDARD GRILL’S MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - MUSTARD WITH MUTTON
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN BRAID - PLAIN CHICKEN
MILLION DOLLAR GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST MARINADE
MILLION DOLLAR RECIPES ARCHIVES - PLAIN CHICKEN
RECIPE: THE STANDARD GRILL’S “MILLION DOLLAR” CHICKEN
MILLION DDOLLAR CHICKEN – NANA'S RECIPES
THE STANDARD GRILL MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN – RECIPES NETWORK
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN CASSEROLE - CHEFS & RECIPES
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - ROAST CHICKEN WITH CREME FRAICHE
THE STANDARD GRILL MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN RECIPE : FOOD NETWORK
STANDARD GRILL'S MILLION DOLLAR ROAST CHICKEN | MILLION DOLLAR …
THE STANDARD GRILL'S RECIPE FOR MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN WILL COST YOU ...
FOOD NETWORK - HOW TO MAKE THE STANDARD GRILL'S MILLION DOLLAR …
THE STANDARD GRILL MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN
BIG GREEN EGG MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - THE BBQ BUDDHA
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - COOKING PROFESSIONALLY
THE STANDARD GRILL’S RECIPE FOR “MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN” WILL COST …
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
THE STANDARD GRILL MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN - PINTEREST
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN RECIPE – RECIPE CHOICE
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN, DINNER RECIPES, RECIPES - PINTEREST
THE STANDARD GRILL MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN | RECIPE | CHICKEN RECIPES ...
MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I MADE THE MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN RECIPE OPRAH HATED BETTER
STANDARD GRILL MILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a chicken in a Million Dollar sauce?Place the hens and bread into your preheated oven on the middle rack, and roast uncovered for 50 minutes. Meanwhile, mix all of the Million Dollar Sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside in the fridge to chill. After 50 minutes, remove the hens from the oven.
How to make big green egg million dollar chicken?This recipe for Big Green Egg Million Dollar Chicken is the famous dish from the Standard Grill modifies for the Big Green Egg. Mix crème fraiche, grated shallot, and Harissa together in a small bowl. Stir 2 tablespoons lemon juice and lemon zest into sauce.
How much is a Million Dollar chicken at the standard?The Standard’s Million Dollar Chicken is priced at a half bird for $30. Although Million Dollar Chicken may sound fancy, that roast chicken flavor is really all the Standard is going for. “A roast chicken is something everyone can relate to. I mean, everyone’s bought a roast chicken from a grocery store at some point,” Lourdes says.
What is a lighter version of the Million Dollar chicken bake?For a lighter version of the Million Dollar Chicken Bake, use reduced-fat cream cheese and mayonnaise, and cut the amount of Colby jack cheese that is blended in by half a cup. Because of this change, there will be fewer calories and less fat in the meal.