EASY PECAN PIE RECIPE
This homemade pecan pie is a classic old-fashioned dessert that's perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has the best combination of sweet and salty! Plus, it's so easy to make that the kids can help with every step of this recipe.
Provided by Shelly
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Karo® Light Corn Syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour the mixture into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for at least 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 slice, Calories 304 calories, Sugar 46.7 g, Sodium 54.6 mg, Fat 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 48.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 3 g, Cholesterol 61.9 mg
OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE
- Roll out half the dough (one disk) on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper to 1/4-inch thickness (about a 12-inch circle). Fit into a 9-inch pie plate, crimping edges as desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine maple syrup and next 3 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart sauce-pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes. Whisk in butter and salt. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Spread pecans evenly in prepared crust. Carefully pour syrup mixture over pecans.
- Place in preheated oven and reduce heat to 325°F. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or just until filling is set and center jiggles slightly when gently shaken.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE
It's impossible to go wrong with pecan pie. Especially one that is really loaded with nuts, has a little verve from orange zest, and isn't overly sweet-exactly like the one here. Taking the time to track down new-crop pecans will push things right over the top.
Provided by Andrea Albin
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F with a baking sheet on middle rack.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 12-inch round and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim edge, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Fold overhang under and lightly press against rim of pie plate, then crimp decoratively. Lightly prick bottom all over with a fork. Chill until firm, at least 30 minutes (or freeze 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in corn syrup, vanilla, zest, and salt. Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in corn syrup mixture.
- Put pecans in pie shell and pour corn syrup mixture evenly over them. Bake on hot baking sheet until filling is set, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool completely.
This pie was always a favorite for birthdays while my children were grouping up. They never liked the typical party cakes. My mother gave me the old-fashioned recipe for lard crust...it turns out every time!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, beat eggs just until blended but not frothy. Add the sugar, salt and corn syrup. Stir butter and vanilla just until blended. Spread pecans in the bottom of pie shell. Pour in filling. , Place in a 350° oven and immediately reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441 calories, Fat 18g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 96mg cholesterol, Sodium 238mg sodium, Carbohydrate 70g carbohydrate (39g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
OLD-FASHIONED HONEY PECAN PIE
- In a saucepan bring the honey to a boil. Quickly beat the eggs into the honey. Add butter, vanilla, nuts, and nutmeg. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403.9 calories, Carbohydrate 47.3 g, Cholesterol 81.2 mg, Fat 23.5 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 175.6 mg, Sugar 35.6 g
CLASSIC PECAN PIE
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.2 calories, Carbohydrate 69 g, Cholesterol 77.4 mg, Fat 26 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 35.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 222.8 mg, Sugar 37.8 g
OLD FASHION PECAN PIE
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, but don't let it brown.
- Mix in the sugar and corn syrup and cook, stirring over medium heat, until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in eggs; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour in pie shell and bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour, or until firm when shaken.
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE
Recipe courtesy of Cooks.com via PBS. I thought I made one mean pecan pie but this one did catch my eye and my son said "PLEASE make that pie". Posting here for easier access and of course to share. Prep/Cook time does not include making of the pie dough or chill times.
Provided by CindiJ
Yield 1 9-inch pie, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make Filling: Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Heat sugar, syrup, cream, and molasses in saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Whisk butter and salt into syrup mixture until combined. Whisk in egg yolks until incorporated.
- Bake Pie: Scatter pecans in pie shell. Carefully pour filling over. Place pie in hot oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake until filling is set and center jiggles slightly when pie is gently shaken, 45 to 60 minutes. Cool pie on rack for 1 hour, then refrigerate until set, about 3 hours and up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612.4, Fat 36.9, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 174, Sodium 288.1, Carbohydrate 69.2, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 52.8, Protein 5.7
More about "old fashioned pecan pie recipes"
CLASSIC OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN PECAN PIE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Pies & PastriesCalories 432 per serving
- If using a homemade crust, prepare the pie crust by placing it into an ungreased, regular 9-inch glass pie plate and fluting the edges.
OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (172)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsServings 1Calories 415 per serving
- Flute the edges decoratively., Melt the butter and set it aside to cool. , In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the milk and eggs and beat well., Stir in the vinegar, vanilla, and flavoring, then the butter and diced pecans., Pour the mixture into the crust and scatter the pecan halves on top., Bake the pie for 47 to 50 minutes.
- When done, the top will be puffed up and set, and the center should just barely wobble when you jiggle the pan. , Remove the pie from the oven (the pie will finish setting up as it sits) and cool completely before slicing., Store any leftover pie in the refrigerator for a day or so; freeze for longer storage.
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE WITHOUT KARO SYRUP - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE RECIPE - MISSOURI NORTHERN PECANS GROWERS
PECAN BOURBON OLD FASHIONED COCKTAIL | VINTAGE KITTY
PECAN PIE RECIPE | TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE | EASY, HOMEMADE, DELICIOUS,
EASY OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN PECAN PIE | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
MOMMY'S KITCHEN : OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN PECAN PIE
OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE - COOK'S COUNTRY
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN PECAN PIE RECIPE - THE FARMER'S LAMP
A BAKER’S DOZEN DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS VINTAGE PECAN PIE RECIPES
CLASSIC SOUTHERN PECAN PIE - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE DESSERTS TO MAKE TONIGHT — EAT THIS …
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY PECAN PIE RECIPE (BEST OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE!)
OLD FASHION PECAN PIE • LOAVES AND DISHES
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE – A CLASSIC HOLIDAY DESSERT
DEEP SOUTH DISH: CLASSIC OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN PECAN PIE
THE BEST PECAN PIE – OLD FASHIONED RECIPE (EASY TO MAKE!)
OLD-FASHIONED SOUTHERN PECAN PIE | COOKSTR.COM
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE | THE CAGLE DIARIES
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE — GOODSON PECANS
OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE - THANKSGIVING RECIPES - DESSERTS
HOW TO MAKE OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE - THAT SUSAN WILLIAMS
OLD FASHIONED PECAN PIE RECIPE WITHOUT CORN SYRUP
OLD FASHION NEW ORLEANS PECAN PIE - TASTE THE WORLD COOKBOOK
MY FAVORITE PECAN PIE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE RECIPE - LITTLE HOUSE BIG ALASKA
OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE – MODERN HONEY
OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE RECIPE - STL COOKS
GRANDMA'S PECAN PIE - KIM'S CRAVINGS
THE BEST OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE (NO CORN SYRUP)
OLD-FASHIONED MOCK PECAN PIE - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
THANKSGIVING RECIPE: OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE RECIPE | KCET
RECIPE: OLD-FASHIONED PECAN PIE | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
AMISH MOCK PECAN PIE » AMISH 365
#time-to-make #preparation #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love