MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until combined. Beat in egg, then molasses, until smooth. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Drop rounded measuring teaspoonfuls of dough onto 2 ungreased (or parchment-lined) baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until centers are dry to the touch, 12 to 15 minutes; rotate pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Make Creamy Molasses Filling: Whisk butter with molasses until smooth. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar; whisk until smooth and spreadable. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Spread a rounded measuring teaspoonful of Creamy Molasses Filling on the flat side of a cookie; place another cookie on top, and gently press. Repeat until all cookies are filled. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day, or refrigerate up to 3 days (cookies may soften during refrigeration).
MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICHES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust the oven rack to middle. Line 2 sheet trays with parchment.
- Whisk the brown sugar in a large bowl to get rid of the lumps. Add the butter and stir until smooth. Stir in the molasses, vanilla and egg, mixing until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger , cinnamon, cloves and salt in a separate medium bowl. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and stir until well incorporated and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the granulated sugar onto a plate. Divide the dough into 12 equal-size balls and roll them in the sugar. Arrange the dough on the prepared sheet trays at least 2 inches apart. Press gently to flatten. Bake about 17 minutes. Let cool completely on the sheet trays.
- Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread between 2 cookies and sandwich them together. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted margarine, 1 cup sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in the molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger; blend into the molasses mixture. Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until tops are cracked. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.8 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Cholesterol 6.2 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 178.8 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
MOLASSES AND SPICE LEMON SANDWICH COOKIES
It's really hard to imagine what a wonderful combination this is. Make it once and you'll be hooked! Why this recipe works: these cookies combine the best of two worlds - a chewy molasses cookie with a tart lemon filling. To keep the cookies soft and chewy, take care not to overbake them. They are done when the cookies puff and just start to crack on top (they should sink into flat cookies when you take them out of the oven). For the best flavor, use fresh spices (replace your spices if they are more than one year old) and dark (or robust) molasses, avoiding black-strap molasses, which will make the cookies bitter.
Provided by Wish I Could Cook
Yield 40 cookies, 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients and sugar in one bowl, dry ingredients in another, then combine.
- Chill for about in hour so the dough is easy to work with.
- Form into balls and roll in sugar and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops just start to crack a bit. Remove from oven and cool completely before filling.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons margarine, lemon juice, and confectioner's sugar in bowl and whisk until smooth. Spread heaping teaspoon filling over bottoms of half of cooled cookies. Top with remaining cookies and let filling set 1 hour.
- When cookies are cool, and filling is ready, just frost the bottom of one cookie with the frosting and place another cookie on top to make a sandwich.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.5, Fat 0.2, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 126.1, Carbohydrate 38.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 25.4, Protein 1.7
MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES WITH COFFEE CREAM
Adding ground coffee to both the cookie dough and the filling turns these cookies into something deeply more interesting than your average holiday spice treats. A filling and drizzle made with blond chocolate, or Dulcey (which is caramelized white chocolate), pairs especially well with the sweet spices and coffee, but milk chocolate can be used too.
Provided by Tara O'Brady
Yield Makes 20
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make the Cookies:
- Whisk flour, coffee, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and allspice in a medium bowl.
- Whisk butter, brown sugar, molasses, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl until smooth (it may stiffen and separate at first; keep whisking until it loosens up). Whisk in egg.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon just until combined. Cover and chill dough until firm, at least 20 minutes or up to overnight.
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°F. Place granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Working with about one-quarter of dough and chilling remaining dough while you assemble and bake, scoop dough by the tablespoonful and roll into balls; you should get 10 per batch. It's important to bake only 1 sheet of cookies at a time; they're very temperature-sensitive and will spread too much otherwise. Roll balls in granulated sugar, then arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing 2" apart.
- Bake cookies until centers are cracked and edges are set, 5-7 minutes. Resist the urge to bake the cookies longer; the aim is to maintain their chew and they will continue to crisp as they cool. If cookies are puffed, tap pan against counter as soon as they come out of the oven to deflate. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pan and let cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough for a total of 4 batches and 40 cookies.
- Do Ahead:
- Dough can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled. Unfilled cookies can be made 5 days ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Make the Filling and Assemble:
- Place butter and 6 oz. chocolate in a large bowl. Bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, then stir in coffee, vanilla, and salt. Pour hot cream mixture over chocolate and butter and whisk until smooth. Chill until ganache is cooled and thickened, about 20 minutes. Beat with an electric mixer or vigorously by hand with a whisk until lightened in color and stiff.
- Melt remaining 2 oz. chocolate in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Transfer to a pastry bag and snip off end of bag (or use a resealable plastic bag and cut off 1 corner) to make a very small opening.
- Place 1 rounded tablespoon of filling on half of cookies. Press remaining cookies on top. Pipe thin lines of melted chocolate over in desired design.
- Do Ahead:
- Filled cookies can be made 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
More about "molasses cookie sandwiches recipes"
CHEWY MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
4.6/5 (7)Calories 120 per servingServings 42
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 3/4 cup butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add egg and molasses; continue beating until well mixed. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Place 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls; roll each in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 5-7 minutes or until edges are set. (Cookies will have cracks.) Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
MOLASSES COOKIES | RICARDO
CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICHES WITH CREAM …
MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICHES - TOTS FAMILY
BEST EVER MOLASSES COOKIES | THE RECIPE CRITIC
PERFECTLY SOFT AND CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES - THE FOOD …
CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICHES WITH CREAMY CREAM …
4.7/5 (6)Total Time 17 minsCategory DessertCalories 375 per serving
30 BEST COOKIE SANDWICHES FOR A SWEET TREAT - INSANELY GOOD
OLD FASHIONED CHEWY MOLASSES COOKIES - THE SEASONED MOM
MOLASSES COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
MOLASSES COOKIES AND CINNAMON ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
MOLASSES COOKIE RECIPE (50 YEAR OLD FAMILY ... - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICHES - PLAIN.RECIPES
SOFT MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES - THE VIEW FROM GREAT …
MOLASSES COOKIES - COOKING CLASSY
MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES - BIG FLAVORS FROM A TINY KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE MOLASSES COOKIES: CHEWY, SPICY AND SO GOOD
MOLASSES COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GINGER MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES WITH BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPE - DELISH
SOFT MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
MOLASSES COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICH RECIPE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
PUMPKIN MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES | MY BAKING ADDICTION
MOLASSES COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - FRAMED COOKS
MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES » BIG FLAVORS FROM A TINY KITCHEN
VANILLA ICE CREAM AND GINGER MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICHES
MOLASSES SPICED COOKIE SANDWICH WITH ORANGE CREAM | RECIPE
MOLASSES BOURBON SANDWICH COOKIES - BAKING BITES
MOLASSES LACE COOKIES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE FILLING RECIPE - THE …
SERIOUSLY SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SOFT AND CHEWY GINGER MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICH - FROLIC & FARE
SOFT MOLASSES GINGER COOKIE SANDWICHES RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICHES – RECIPES NETWORK
MOLASSES COOKIES (READY IN 30 MINUTES!) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SOFT MOLASSES GINGER COOKIE SANDWICHES WITH COOKIE BUTTER …
MOLASSES COOKIE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
GINGER MOLASSES COOKIE SANDWICHES WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE …
MOLASSES ICE CREAM COOKIE SANDWICHES - FOODNESS GRACIOUS
CHEWY GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES - ENTERTAINING WITH BETH
SPICY MOLASSES COOKIES WITH MALT ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
You'll also love