MOROCCAN VEGETARIAN STEW
This fragrant, spicy chickpea stew can be served over couscous or with warm pita bread. Try topping this Moroccan dish with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream to cool it down. -Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Add seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute., Stir in squash, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until squash and potatoes are almost tender, 15-20 minutes. , Add zucchini and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 5-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 174mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW
This warming one-pot stew is packed with nourishing ingredients like fibre-full chickpeas and iron-rich lentils
Provided by Justine Pattison
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole or saucepan and gently fry the onion and leeks for 10-15 mins until well softened, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 2 mins more.
- Stir in the ground coriander, cumin, chilli and cinnamon. Cook for 2 mins, stirring occasionally. Season with plenty of ground black pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes, peppers, chickpeas, lentils, sweet potatoes, orange peel and juice, half the nuts and 400ml/14fl oz water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 mins, adding a splash of water if the stew looks too dry, and stir occasionally until the potatoes are softened but not breaking apart.
- Remove the pan from the heat and ladle the stew into bowls. Scatter with coriander and the remaining nuts and top with yogurt, if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 63 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 26 grams sugar, Fiber 15 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND WHOLE GRAIN COUSCOUS
A flavorful chicken stew that uses exotic spices and nice vegetables served over whole-grain couscous. This recipe was actually a real chicken contest winner! Vegetables and even meat can vary according to taste, but I find squash, carrots, bell peppers, and lamb work well in this recipe. Even though the spices seem strange, the flavors are subtle but fragrant! A real favorite at home.
Provided by Myleen Sagrado Sjödin
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook onion until tender. Mix in bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Place chicken in the pot, and cook until well browned. Pour garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and broth into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Mix carrots and zucchini into pot. Season with salt. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve stew over cooked couscous.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399.4 calories, Carbohydrate 50.7 g, Cholesterol 66.8 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 33.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 1539 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
ROASTED VEGETABLE STEW WITH MOROCCAN COUSCOUS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Transfer the cut vegetables to prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, tomatoes, cumin, and thyme. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Stir in all but 2 cups of the roasted vegetables (reserve 1 cup of the roasted vegetables for the Eggplant Caponata and 1 cup for the Chicken Curry). Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cook couscous according to package directions, adding apricots and cinnamon before the addition of boiling water.
- Remove vegetable stew from heat and stir in cilantro. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon cooked couscous into shallow dinner bowls and top with vegetable stew.
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS
Low fat, simple and very tasty. This is a great way to get back on track after the Holidays but it's great at any time of the year! Save time by purchasing the squash already cut into cubes.
Provided by Annacia
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add carrots, squash, and onion and cook until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garbanzo beans, stewed tomatoes, prunes, cinnamon, salt, crushed red pepper, and 1 and 1/2 cups water.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous as label directs, but use vegetable broth in place of the water called for on label.
- Stir cilantro into stew.
- Spoon stew over couscous to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.1, Fat 5.3, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 878.9, Carbohydrate 89.9, Fiber 12.8, Sugar 10.2, Protein 14.1
MOROCCAN VEGETABLES WITH COUSCOUS
- In a large heavy pot heat oil over medium high heat. Stir in the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in spices and cook until aroma is released. Stir in carrots, potatoes and squash and toss to coat. Cook vegetables for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and water. If necessary add enough water so that all the vegetables are submerged. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in zucchini and continue to cook for 20 more minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and season with salt and pepper, Tabasco and cilantro. Serve hot with couscous and warm pita bread.
MOROCCAN CHICKPEA AND VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS
This is delicious stew. Very flavorful from the spices, but not too spicy, just right. There is no meat in it, and you most likely won't miss it, as the chickpeas are very "meaty" themselves. But I don't see why you couldn't add some meat if you really wanted to. It also goes from prep to table in about 30 minutes, great for weeknight dinners. From Cooking Light.
Provided by ciao4293
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the zucchini, onion, carrot and garlic.
- Saute 5 minutes.
- (For a time-saver, use the matchstick carrots from the produce department) Stir in the broth, and the next 9 ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- While the stew simmers, bring the 1 1/2 cups water to a boil, stir in couscous, and remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve stew over couscous.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358.9, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 781.1, Carbohydrate 67, Fiber 10.2, Sugar 6.4, Protein 13.5
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS
This hearty vegetarian stew combines fantastic fall/winter vegetables with a spicy Moroccan flair. Stands alone as a complete meal.
Provided by Mike Lashbrook
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and leek; saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, coriander, cumin, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Pour in vegetable broth. Stir in butternut squash, chickpeas, potatoes, turnips, carrots, harissa, tomato paste, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Bring water, couscous spice packet, and remaining olive oil to a boil in a separate saucepan. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand until couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and honey to the stew. Place 1/2 cup couscous into each serving bowl and top with 1 cup stew. Squeeze a lemon wedge into each dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.4 calories, Carbohydrate 66.5 g, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 10.1 g, Protein 11.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 1371 mg, Sugar 10.8 g
More about "moroccan vegetable stew with couscous recipes"
MOROCCAN COUSCOUS WITH SEVEN VEGETABLES - TASTE OF …
4.8/5 (23)Total Time 2 hrs 35 minsCategory MainCalories 940 per serving
- Soak the dried chickpeas in a large bowl of water overnight. (Or, use a quick soak method: boil the dried chickpeas for 4 or 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave them to soak for an hour.)
- Brown the meat or chicken with the oil, onion, tomatoes and spices in the base of a couscoussier over medium-high heat. Continue cooking, uncovered and stirring frequently, for about 10 to 15 minutes, until a very thick and rich sauce begins to form.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of oil over the couscous. Toss and roll the couscous around between your hands for a minute to distribute the oil evenly and break up any balls or clumps. Add 1 cup of water and work it into the couscous in the same way--tossing and rubbing the couscous until all is well blended and there are no clumps.
- Turn the couscous back into your gsaa or bowl. Allow it to cool briefly, then work in 1 cup of water, using the same tossing and turning as you did before. (You may need to use a wooden spoon if the couscous is too hot, but move to using your hands when it has cooled enough.)
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
RECIPE: MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH WHOLE WHEAT …
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS - BIGOVEN
MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW WITH COUSCOUS - VEENA AZMANOV
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS — GATHER A TABLE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH WHOLE WHEAT COUSCOUS
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS | RECIPE | MOROCCAN …
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS - KHIRAYA.LIFE
MOROCCAN BEEF STEW WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOROCCAN STEW WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHICKPEAS
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE COUSCOUS RECIPE – CURRYSTEW.ORG
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS – DEFIANCE
MOROCCAN CHICKPEA-AND-VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE COUSCOUS | RICARDO
MOROCCAN LAMB STEW RECIPE WITH COUSCOUS - JESSICA GAVIN
MOROCCAN-STYLE VEGETABLE COUSCOUS - VEGETARIAN RECIPE
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE POT AND COUSCOUS WITH PINE NUTS AND DILL
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS - STEWS
MOROCCAN LENTIL STEW WITH COUSCOUS (VEGAN) - SIMPLE SPRINKLE
SLOW COOKER MOROCCAN CHICKPEA STEW WITH COUSCOUS
VEGETARIAN MOROCCAN DISHES - THERESCIPES.INFO
MOROCCAN STEW WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS - LET'S GET COOKING AT …
MOROCCAN SPICED VEGETABLE COUSCOUS - ERREN'S KITCHEN
AUTHENTIC MOROCCAN COUSCOUS RECIPE - PETIT APRON
MOROCCAN LAMB AND VEGETABLES COUSCOUS - FASHION PARADOXES
MOROCCAN STEW WITH CHICKPEAS AND QUINOA COUSCOUS
COUSCOUS PIZZA | TRAIL RECIPES
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS | RECIPESTY
MOROCCAN SEAFOOD STEW WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STEWS RECIPE: MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS BY MIKE …
NIGEL SLATER’S RECIPE FOR POTATO AND TOMATO STEW WITH HARISSA
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COUSCOUS | RECIPE CART
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #soups-stews #beans #vegetables #african #easy #vegetarian #moroccan #stews #dietary #comfort-food #chick-peas-garbanzos #squash #tomatoes #taste-mood #savory
Noodle Passport | Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew with Couscous91 views-07:21
Moroccan Couscous With Lamb & Vegetable Stew I BANDANA UMESH139 views-16:51
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST COUSCOUS WITH VEGETABLE STEW |COUSCOUS RECIPE |COUSCOUS |MOROCCAN COUSCOUS142 views-01:55
Seafood Tajine or Tagine, classic Moroccan stew with couscous301 views-13:18
You'll also love