MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: olive oil, medium yellow onion, cremini mushroom, garlic, dried thyme, pepper, salt, dry white wine, vegan worcestershire, flour, vegetable broth, almond milk, fusilli pasta, fresh parsley
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until most of the juices have evaporated.
- With your spoon, make a space in the center of the pot. Drizzle in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and add the garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Then, add the white wine and vegan Worcestershire sauce and stir until incorporated.
- Add flour and stir until fully combined. Then add the vegetable broth, almond milk, and pasta, and stir until well-combined.
- Cover and increase the heat to medium-high. Let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid is creamy and pasta is cooked.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 760 calories, Carbohydrate 85 grams, Fat 39 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 13 grams
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles, and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- At the same time, melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring until softened. Turn the heat up to medium-high, and add sliced mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are limp and browned. Remove to a bowl, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir in vegetable broth, being sure to stir in any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, and cook until the mixture has reduced by 1/3. Reduce heat to low, and return the mushrooms and onion to the skillet.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir together the sour cream and flour; then blend into the mushrooms. Return the skillet to the burner, and continue cooking over low heat, just until the sauce thickens. Stir in the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525.2 calories, Carbohydrate 53.3 g, Cholesterol 101.4 mg, Fat 30.1 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 17.4 g, Sodium 295.4 mg, Sugar 5 g
Meaty portobello mushrooms and tender shiitakes make this a dish that is both comforting and filling. Serve it with buttered egg noodles for a meal your family will enjoy on meatless Mondays - or any night of the week.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Slice the portobellos into 1/2-inch-thick strips, then cut each strip in half crosswise. Repeat with the shiitakes, keeping the two mushrooms separate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the foam starts to subside, add the portobellos and cook, tossing once or twice, about 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and a generous pinch of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, juicy and tender but firm, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the skillet, let it sizzle, then add the shiitakes and toss for about 30 seconds. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a generous pinch of pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender but still firm, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the portobellos to the skillet and sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms. Then toss, scraping the bottom of the skillet, until the flour disappears, about 30 seconds. Stir in half the broth and all the soy sauce and mustard, scraping the bottom of the skillet until it's clean, then stir in the remaining broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 6 minutes. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Stir in the goat cheese.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the sour cream and parsley. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. Serve the stroganoff over buttered egg noodles.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and soften the onion for about 5 mins.
- Add the paprika and garlic, then cook for 1 min more. Add the mushrooms and cook on a high heat, stirring often, for about 5 mins.
- Pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, bubble for 5 mins until the sauce thickens, then turn off the heat and stir through the soured cream and most of the parsley. Make sure the pan is not on the heat or the sauce may split.
- Heat the wild rice following pack instructions, then stir through the remaining chopped parsley and serve with the stroganoff.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
MEATLESS MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
A surprisingly authentic-tasting meatless stroganoff. It's everything a stroganoff should be--creamy, full of mushroom flavor, and hearty--but without the meat. Tasting is believing! Serve over rice or egg noodles.
Provided by MELLY28
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are limp, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add condensed soup, broth, and sherry. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine walnuts and stuffing mix in the bowl of a food processor. Process, pulsing machine quickly on and off, until nuts are ground. Do not overprocess.
- Beat eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Add ground walnut mixture, mayonnaise, soy sauce, and parsley; blend well. Use your hands to form the mixture into meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter. Drop meatballs into the simmering mushroom sauce, cover, and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir sour cream and horseradish. Heat through, but do not boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.4 calories, Carbohydrate 28.9 g, Cholesterol 80.8 mg, Fat 38 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 11.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 1044.5 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
Looking for a classic French dinner? Then check out this delicious noodles and mushroom stroganoff made using Gold Medal® all-purpose flour - ready in 15 minutes.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook noodles as directed on package, omitting salt and oil; drain.
- Generously spray 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven with butter-flavor cooking spray; heat over high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place flour in medium bowl. Gradually beat in milk with wire whisk until smooth. Beat in sherry, butter, salt and pepper. Pour cooked mushroom mixture into large bowl. Gradually add milk mixture to hot Dutch oven, stirring with wire whisk. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly with whisk, until slightly thickened.
- Stir sauce and noodles into mushroom mixture. Stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fat 1, Fiber 4 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 400 mg
- In large nonstick frying pan, melt butter and oil. Add onions and mushrooms and cook, covered, for about 3 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms start to soften. Remember, leave the lid on to keep it from drying out. When mushrooms have softened, add lemon juice along with seasonings and sour cream. Mix well. Add cooked pasta and heat thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper, if needed, and serve.
More about "mushroom stroganoff recipes"
MUSHROOMS STROGANOFF RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
4.8/5 (13)Calories 187 per servingServings 2 See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE | SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
5/5 Category MainServings 4Total Time 35 mins
- In a large, wide, deep frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on a medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add both types of paprika, plus the cayenne, if using, and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently. Tip the onions into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then add all the mushrooms, and fry on a high heat for about 5 minutes until golden brown all over. Once browned, return the onions to the pan, add the wine and reduce by a third.
- Meanwhile cook the rice in another pan according to the pack instructions. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Turn down the heat under the mushroom mixture, add the mustard and stock. Let this bubble away for a few minutes, then stir in the crème fraîche. Add the zest of the lemon and a squeeze of juice to taste. Season, finely chop the parsley, and stir in.
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF | JAMIE OLIVER MUSHROOM RECIPES
Servings 2Total Time 20 minsCategory Healthy Vegetarian RecipesCalories 251 per serving
- Get all the prep done before you start cooking: trim the mushrooms, tearing up any larger ones and leaving any smaller ones whole, peel and finely slice the red onion and garlic, and finely slice the pickled onions and cornichons.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat, throw in the mushrooms and red onions, shake into one layer, then dry-fry for 5 minutes (this will bring out the nutty flavour), stirring regularly.
- Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the garlic, pickled onions, cornichons, parsley stalks and capers.
CREAMY MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - DAMN DELICIOUS
5/5 (43)Category EntreeServings 4Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Main Course See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 Servings 4Cuisine ContinentalTotal Time 40 mins See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF | THE COZY APRON
Reviews 19Category EntreeCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- Place a large, heavy-bottom skillet, pan or braiser over medium-high heat, and add in the olive oil and the butter; once melted, add in the finely diced onion and allow that to cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute just to soften, then add in the sliced mushrooms.
- Add a good pinch of salt and pepper to the mushrooms and onions, and saute them together for about 10-12 minutes, allowing the mushrooms to release their liquid and begin to brown a bit.
- Next, add in the garlic and stir that in just until aromatic; then, pour in the white wine and allow that to simmer and reduce for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in (as evenly as possible) the flour, and stir that in to incorporate; then, pour in the mushroom stock, whisking or stirring all the while to avoid lumps from forming.
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - GIMME SOME OVEN
4.8/5 (123)Total Time 30 minsServings 4-6
- Cook egg noodles al dente in boiling, generously-salted water according to package instructions. (For optimal timing, I recommend actually adding the egg noodles to the boiling water at the same time that the vegetable stock is added to the stroganoff.)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and mushrooms, and stir to combine. Continue sautéing for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and tender. Add the white wine, and deglaze the pan by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the sauce simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable stock, Worcestershire and flour until smooth. Pour the vegetable stock mixture into the pan, along with the thyme, and stir to combine. Let the mixture simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Then, stir in the Greek yogurt (or sour cream) evenly into the sauce. Taste, and season with a generous pinch of two of salt and pepper as needed.
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - SKINNYTASTE
4.8/5 (42)Total Time 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 268 per serving
- Cook noodles in a pot of salted water according to package directions, I like to under-cook them a bit so I can mix it with the sauce and let it finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, while the water starts to boil for the noodles, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add onions to the pan. Cook 2 - 3 minutes over medium-low heat. Add flour; stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds.
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (6)Total Time 20 minsServings 4
- Heat olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and next 4 ingredients, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Add flour and remaining butter, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in broth, and bring to boil, whisking constantly; boil, whisking constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and parsley, and serve over noodles.
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF — EVERGREEN KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - THE BEST CREAMY RECIPE!
5/5 (49)Calories 64 per servingCategory Main Course See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, Weekday, Vegetables, Main Course See details »
VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.7/5 (23)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, PastaCalories 448 per serving See details »
CREAMY MUSHROOM STROGANOFF | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (9)Total Time 35 minsServings 4 See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE INSTANT POT - 23+ COOKING ...
See details »
EASY MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE | MONTANA HAPPY
See details »
EASY VEGAN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - VEGAN COCOTTE
See details »
VEGAN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF – 247 TASTY RECIPES
See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE / WATCH COOKING INSTRUCTIONS ...
See details »
MUSHROOM STROGANOFF RECIPE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
See details »
#weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #vegetables #hungarian #easy #european #dinner-party #vegetarian #russian #dietary #one-dish-meal #mushrooms #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make mushroom Stroganoff in a frying pan?Method Heat a frying pan or wide saucepan over a medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion along with a pinch of salt and cook the onion gently for 5–7 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic to the pan and continue to cook for 2 minutes, then add the sliced mushrooms.
What's the best way to make portobello mushroom Stroganoff?This is a rich and meaty vegetarian stroganoff made with portobello mushrooms, and served over egg noodles. It is quick to make, and tastes delicious. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles, and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
Is the mushroom gravy in mushroom Stroganoff vegan?This homemade mushroom stroganoff recipe is vegan, soy free, and can easily be gluten free. It’s one of my favorite plant-based comfort food meals, especially on a chilly Fall or winter evening, because the blanket of thick mushroom gravy will warm you right up.
What can I use instead of egg noodles for mushroom Stroganoff?You can use any regular pasta (like corkscrew or penne) in place of the egg noodles. To make this recipe truly vegetarian, replace the Worcestershire sauce with soy sauce to taste. Up the veggies by adding in a cup of frozen spinach when you add in the vegetable bouillon and water.