MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
- Rinse and scrub mussels under cold running water. Using your fingers or a paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussels' shells), and discard.
- In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes. Add mussels.
- Cover, and increase heat to high. Cook until all mussels are open, about 5 minutes. Stir in herbs and butter. Remove from heat. Divide mussels and broth among four bowls. Serve immediately.
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC AND PARSLEY
This is absolutely the simplest way to cook mussels, and perhaps the most satisfying. A big pot of them makes an easy, festive dinner any night of the week.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by David Tanis
Categories easy, quick, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat broiler. Put olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper and let sizzle for 30 seconds without browning. Add the mussels, stir to coat and increase heat to high. Add the wine or water, and put on lid. After 2 minutes, give the mussels a stir, then replace lid and continue cooking until all mussels have opened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Paint cut sides of the baguette pieces with oil and place cut side up under broiler to toast. Rub toasts with the remaining garlic cloves.
- Stir the chopped parsley into the mussels, then ladle mussels and broth into bowls. Serve with the garlic toasts.
MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE AND BUTTER
In this classic French recipe, the juices released by the mussels help create a flavorful sauce that is perfect for sopping up with a piece of crusty bread.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Right before cooking, scrub mussels with a stiff sponge or brush under cold running water. (If the "beards" are still attached, trim them with a knife.)
- While cleaning mussels, discard ones with broken shells. Lightly tap the hinge end of any open shells on a work surface. Discard those that don't close.
- In a large pot with a lid, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add white wine and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer over high.
- Add mussels; stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until mussels open, 5 minutes, stirring once. Discard unopened mussels.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and remaining butter until butter is melted. Serve with crusty bread.
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE
Simmer Ina Garten's recipe for Mussels in White Wine on the stovetop with garlic, saffron and plum tomatoes for an easy yet elegant meal.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To clean the mussels, put them in a large bowl with 2 quarts of water and the flour and soak for 30 minutes, or until the mussels disgorge any sand. Drain the mussels, then remove the "beard" from each with your fingers. If they're dirty, scrub the mussels with a brush under running water. Discard any mussels whose shells aren't tightly shut.
- In a large non-aluminum stockpot, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes; then add the garlic and cook for 3 more minutes, or until the shallots are translucent. Add the tomatoes, saffron, parsley, thyme, wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, stir well, then cover the pot, and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until all the mussels are opened (discard any that do not open). With the lid on, shake the pot once or twice to be sure the mussels don't burn on the bottom. Pour the mussels and the sauce into a large bowl and serve hot.
This seriously delicious drunken mussels recipe is one of the quickest shellfish preparations known to man. Bring a flavorful, wine-based broth to a boil, add mussels and cover; cook until they open, and eat. That's it!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add garlic and let sizzle for about 30 seconds. Season with red pepper flakes and lemon zest, stirring for about 45 seconds.
- Quickly pour in wine into the pan and season with black pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, stir in mussels, and cover immediately. Shake pot and let boil for 1 minute.
- Stir mussels, replace cover, and let boil for 2 more minutes. The shells will begin to open. Stir in parsley, cover pot, and cook until all shells are open, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with grilled bread and lemon wedge.
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
Make and share this Mussels in White Wine and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by kyle martin
Yield 4 bowls, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse and scrub mussels under cold water.
- Using your fingers or paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard.
- In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, and salt.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add mussels, cover, and increase heat to high.
- Cook until all mussels are open, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in herbs and butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide mussels and broth among four bowls.
- Serve immediately.
GARLIC WINE MUSSELS
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes with all their juices. Cook and stir until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour wine and clam juice into the pot. Bring to a gentle boil; add mussels. Simmer, covered, until mussels have opened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add parsley. Stir in butter until melted, about 1 minute.
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion appetizers lunch main-dish seafood dinner-party finger-food holiday-event romantic stove-top dietary seasonal comfort-food mussels shellfish taste-mood equipment presentation
People also searched
More recipes about "mussels in white wine and garlic recipes"
MUSSELS WITH CHILLI, GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE ...
2021-02-10 · Add mussels and wine, cover with a lid and shake occasionally until mussels open (2-3 minutes). Strain, reserving liquid, and arrange mussels on a platter. Return liquid to saucepan over high heat, add chopped tomato and canned polpa, and bring to the boil. Add herbs, then pour over mussels…
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Make a small cross incision on the base of each tomato and blanch until skin starts to peel off (30-40 seconds), then place in iced water, peel off skin and coarsely chop tomatoes, discarding seeds.
- Combine extra-virgin olive oil, garlic and chilli in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mussels and wine, cover with a lid and shake occasionally until mussels open (2-3 minutes). Strain, reserving liquid, and arrange mussels on a platter. Return liquid to saucepan over high heat, add chopped tomato and canned polpa, and bring to the boil. Add herbs, then pour over mussels. Season to taste, scatter with extra herbs and serve with toasted ciabatta.
BEST STEAMED MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE RECIPE - HOW TO COOK ...
2017-07-13 · In a pot over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until fragrant and soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. …
- Add onion and cook until fragrant and soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add mussels and simmer until all shells are open. (Discard any shells that aren’t open.) Garnish with more parsley and serve with grilled bread.
QUICK AND EASY WHITE WINE GARLIC MUSSELS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2020-06-13 · This recipe for mussels cooked in the most delicious white wine garlic sauce is the easiest dinner recipe, perfect served with crusty bread for dipping. The perfect gluten free dinner or appetizer for a crowd. If you’ve never tried cooking mussels …
- Add the mussels then cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes or until they are all open. Discard any mussels that don't open (if using whole mussels)
MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE AND GARLIC RECIPE
2019-07-25 · Once the wine is at a boil, add the mussels. Stir so the mussels are coated in the wine mixture. Cover with a lid and steam for about 5-7 minutes, or until all the mussels have opened. Sprinkle the minced parsley on top and squeeze the juice of a lemon all over the mussels.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add the minced shallots, garlic, dried chilies and salt. Stir often and cook until the shallots are tender, about 3-5 minutes.
HOW TO COOK MUSSELS WITH GARLIC WHITE WINE SAUCE ...
2019-07-23 · Fundamentally, the only ingredients you need to make really tasty mussels is garlic, white wine and butter or olive oil. Everything else you see below are extras …
- Turn heat up to high, add wine and bring to boil. Simmer 2 minutes until the harsh alcoholic smell is gone.
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE BROTH - EASY RECIPES FOR ...
2021-01-24 · When the butter begins to bubble, stir in the shallot and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock, white wine, and mussels then give …
MOULES MARINIèRE WITH CREAM, GARLIC AND PARSLEY RECIPE ...
2014-10-03 · Soften the garlic and shallots in the butter with the bouquet garni, in a large pan big enough to take all the mussels - it should only be half full. Add the mussels …
MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE, GARLIC & CREAM RECIPE | DRIZZLE ...
2020-02-28 · Add the garlic and thyme stalks and cook for about another minute but keep stirring to prevent the garlic from going brown. Add the white wine and then the mussels. Put the lid on the pot and steam for about 3 minutes until the shells are open. Scoop the mussels …
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH WINE, GARLIC & PARSLEY - RECIPE ...
2005-12-01 · Pick them over, pulling off any beards and discarding any mussels that are broken or gaping open. In a large pot with a lid, heat the oil and butter over medium …
MUSSELS AND LINGUINE WITH GARLIC BUTTER & WHITE WINE PASTA ...
10 BEST MUSSELS WHITE WINE GARLIC RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-06 · Mussels in White Wine Sauce Chef Julie YOon onion, lemon, salt, chopped parsley, garlic, plum tomatoes, unsalted butter and 4 more White Wine Garlic Mussels #WeekdaySupper Noshing With The Nolands garlic, mussels, salt, olive oil, green onions, bread, parsley …
See details ››
MUSSELS, WHITE WINE AND GARLIC OVER PASTA RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
2020-06-26 · Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain and reserve. To assemble: In a large skillet, place 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, onion, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, thyme and wine. Bring to a boil and lower heat; cook for 2 minutes. Add mussels…
MUSSELS IN LEMON GARLIC-BUTTER SAUCE | WITH A BLAST
2018-12-02 · Melt the Butter in a large skillet (with a lid) – saute the Onion, Garlic and Chili Flakes until soft Add the White Wine and simmer until reduced by two thirds – add the Cream and simmer 2 – 3 …
- Add the White Wine and simmer until reduced by two thirds – add the Cream and simmer 2 – 3 minutes
- Add the Mussels and cover the skillet – over low heat, steam the Mussels until cooked – about 8 – 10 minutes
- Remove from heat – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – stir through the Lemon Juice, finely grated Zest and Parsley
SAUVIGNON BLANC-STEAMED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC TOASTS RECIPE ...
2013-12-07 · Add the shallot and sliced garlic, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until the garlic is softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the mussels and...
- Preheat the broiler. Brush the bread with olive oil and transfer to a baking sheet. Broil the bread a few inches from the heat, turning once, for 2 minutes, until golden and toasted. Lightly rub the whole garlic clove over the toasts.
- In a large, deep pot, heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the shallot and sliced garlic, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until the garlic is softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the mussels and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine, cover and steam the mussels until they open, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to 4 deep bowls, discarding any mussels that do not open.
- Add the butter and parsley to the broth, swirling and shaking the pot until the butter melts. Slowly pour the broth over the mussels, stopping before you reach the grit at the bottom of the pot. Serve the mussels with the garlic toasts.
MUSSELS WITH WHITE WINE, CHILLI AND GARLIC - DOWN THE COVE
Heat a little olive oil in a saute pan or deep frying pan and fry the shallots over a medium heat for a few minutes until they start to soften Add the garlic and cook for another minute Add the wine and boil for a couple of minutes Add the chopped red chilli and then the prepared mussels
MUSSELS WITH ANGEL HAIR PASTA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Saute all together until garlic is roasted. Add green onions and season with salt and pepper. Add tomato juice, wine and basil. Cover and let cook until all the mussels have opened, about 5 minutes.
10 BEST MUSSELS WHITE WINE GARLIC PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-14 · Mussels in White Wine Sauce Become Betty olive oil, parsley, shallot, garlic, mussels, butter, white wine and 1 more Seafood Pasta Casserole with White Wine Always Use Butter mussels, butter, salt, dried marjoram, dry white wine, yellow onion and 10 more
See details ››
QUICK AND EASY WHITE WINE GARLIC MUSSELS - VYNNLIFE.COM
2021-07-27 · White wine garlic mussels. This recipe for mussels cooked in the most delicious white wine garlic sauce is the easiest dinner recipe, perfect served with crusty bread for dipping. Print Pin Rate. Course: Easy Dinner. Cuisine: American, Mediterranean. Keyword: How to cook mussels, Mussels, Mussels recipe. Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 10 minutes. Total Time: 25 minutes. …
See details ››
MUSSELS STEAMED IN WHITE WINE RECIPE BY JAMES P. DEWAN
1 day ago · 1 Cup dry white wine; 2 Pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded; 1/4 Cup fresh parsley or other herbs, minced, divided; Salt as needed ; Crusty bread for serving; Directions. Step 1: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add 1 large diced shallot and 2 cloves minced garlic and sweat, stirring occasionally, until wilted and translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Step 2: Add 1 ...
See details ››
HOW TO CLEAN MUSSELS & RECIPE FOR STEAMED MUSSELS IN WHITE ...
2021-07-27 · WRITTEN RECIPE: INGREDIENTS: 1.5 – 2lb black mussels, scrubbed, cleaned & debearded 1 tbsp olive oil 4 cloves garlic, minced 2 shallots, chopped 3/4 cup cooking white wine 1/8 tsp salt, or to taste dash of black pepper, or to taste 3 tbsp room temp unsalted butter handful of parsley, roughly chopped crusty bread/toasted baguette Parmesan ...
See details ››
STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
2021-07-28 · Add the butter let it melt. Add the garlic and chili flakes to the pot and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the white wine and bring the mixture to a simmer; do not boil. Place the mussels in the pot along with the salt and pepper. Cover the pot, then simmer for 5-7 minutes or until mussels …
See details ››