MUSTARD-AND-CHILE-RUBBED ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
For parties or picnics, meat that you've prepared the day before is a time-saving trick worth adopting. Everyone knows that beef tenderloin, served hot, is a fail-safe dish for a dinner party. It comes out of the oven caramelized, glistening and perfect. If the primary goal is to serve it chilled or room temperature, however, the trick is to swab the meat with flavor - lots of chile powder, oregano, garlic, mustard and olive oil - before sliding it into the oven (roast it rare so it stays tender and juicy). The next day all you need to do is slice and serve, no compensatory condiments necessary. The flavors of mustard and chile, carried by the fat in the olive oil, have penetrated the meat beautifully.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, roasts, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Tie roast with kitchen string in three evenly spaced places to help keep its tubular shape.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon oil, the mustard, oregano, chipotle chile, chile powder, cumin, black pepper and garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil until very hot. Season beef generously all over with salt. Place it in pan and sear bottom without moving until it forms a golden brown crust, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and repeat with remaining sides.
- Transfer beef to a rimmed baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, smear mustard-chile rub all over beef. Roast until a thermometer registers 115 degrees for rare and 120 for medium-rare (beef will continue to cook as it rests), 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely, then wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 427, UnsaturatedFat 18 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 29 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 378 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHILE-RUBBED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH GARLIC-HERB OIL
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together the ancho chile powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne, garlic powder, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the olive oil on the tenderloin, then rub evenly with the spice mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a large ovensafe skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-high heat. Sear the tenderloin (bending it to fit in the skillet if necessary) until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the tenderloin reads 130 degrees F (for medium rare), about 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the string and slice the tenderloin crosswise. Spoon over some of the Garlic-Herb Oil and sprinkle the meat with additional salt. Serve the remaining Garlic-Herb Oil in a bowl on the side.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan. Turn the heat to medium low and gently poach the garlic for 5 minutes; the oil should be at a very bare simmer but not boiling, otherwise the garlic will burn. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Remove the garlic from the oil and discard; transfer the oil to a bowl. Add the parsley, cilantro, chives, red pepper flakes and salt to taste to the oil and stir to combine.
MUSTARD-ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- Let beef stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season beef all over with salt and pepper. Whisk together butter and mustards; coat beef all over with mixture. Roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the upper third of the oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 135 degrees (for rare) to 140 degrees (for medium-rare), about 40 minutes (time will vary depending on thickness of cut). Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
MUSTARD-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
This tenderloin has a very nice crust on it. Some minced garlic in the mustard mixture adds a nice kick. I have also used the same mustard crust on a pork tenderloin, and that works very well too. Can be served cut into thin strips and served over a spinach salad with a vinegar based dressing in the summertime. This is adapted from Gourmet magazine, August 2000.
Provided by Scoutie
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Stir together mustards, brown sugar, pepper, salt and lemon zest.
- Pat beef dry and season generously with salt. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke, then brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer to an oiled shallow baking pan and coat with mustard mixture.
- Roast beef in middle of oven until a thermometer inserted 2 inches into thickest part of meat registers 125°F for medium-rare, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let stand until cool, at least 10 minutes.
CAJUN BEEF TENDERLOIN
Warm up holiday gatherings with this hot spicy entree from Sue Dannahower in Fort Pierce, Florida. "The dry rub keeps the tenderloin moist and tender," Sue promises. Because it's so fuss-free, just pop it in the oven or grill, then sit back and make merry with guests...maybe catch the Super Bowl! TASTY TIP: For a festive change of pace from beef, resolve to try this spicy Cajun rub on pork tenderloin, too!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Tie tenderloin at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Combine the seasonings; rub over beef. Lightly oil the grill rack., Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill beef, covered, over indirect medium heat for 50-60 minutes, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), turning occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing., To roast the tenderloin, bake on a rack in a shallow roasting pan at 425° for 45-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 50mg cholesterol, Sodium 788mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH MUSTARD AND PEPPERCORNS
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Using sharp knife, cut meat lengthwise down center through 2/3 of the thickness. Spread the meat open and pound lightly to flatten slightly.
- Spread meat with mustard and scatter peppercorns evenly, pressing into meat with hands. Sprinkle with course ground peppercorn blend.
- Place sage leaves down the middle and tie meat back together with twine. Sprinkle outside with peppercorn blend and salt. Reshape tenderloin and place seam side down in shallow roasting pan. Slip bay leaves underneath twine.
- Roast for 30 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565.4, Fat 41.5, SaturatedFat 16.6, Cholesterol 192.8, Sodium 198.5, Carbohydrate 0.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.1, Protein 44.8
HORSERADISH AND MUSTARD-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
I've been cooking for longer than I care to mention, but it is only recently that I tried roasting Beef Tenderloin. Although it is a little more expensive, it is well worth the extra money. In my opinion, you won't find a more flavourful cut of beef. And as for leftovers.....well, I doubt it. ;) If you want to ''wow' someone, this is the *perfect* cut for the job. This has been slightly modified from a Cooking Light recipe. Note: Prep time doesn't not include refrigeration time.
Provided by Diana 2
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine mustard, crushed peppercorns and horseradish.
- Spread evenly over tenderloin.
- Pat bread crumbs onto mustard mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate anywheres from 3 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unwrap tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin in a shallow casserole dish or roasting pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 2 hour. (Medium - Well).
- Place tenderloin on a cutting board; cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
More about "mustard and chile rubbed roasted beef tenderloin recipes"
MUSTARD AND CHILI RUBBED ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
BEST BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE
ROAST BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH GARLIC, MUSTARD & HERB CRUST
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH HOLIDAY RUB - WOODLANDFOODS.COM
ROAST BEEF RECIPE WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE - THE MOM …
10 BEST BEEF TENDERLOIN RUB RECIPES - YUMMLY
MUSTARD-AND-CHILI-RUBBED ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
MUSTARD AND CHILE RUBBED ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - NANCY'S …
10 BEST BEEF TENDERLOIN RUB RECIPES - YUMMLY
HORSERADISH AND MUSTARD-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE
MUSTARD-AND-CHILI-RUBBED ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE | EAT …
SPICE-RUBBED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MUSTARD-AND-CHILE-RUBBED ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE
BOBBY FLAY BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST CROCK POT - THERESCIPES.INFO
21 BEST BEEF TENDERLOIN RUB - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND COLLECTIONS
MUSTARD AND CHILE RUBBED ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN FOOD
COOKING A TENDERLOIN - MUSTARD AND CHILE RUBBED ROASTED BEEF …
MUSTARD CRUSTED ROAST BEEF #ROASTPERFECT - CURIOUS CUISINIERE
BOBBY FLAY BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
SLOW-ROASTED ROAST BEEF WITH MUSTARD, GARLIC, AND THYME - FOR …
CREOLE MUSTARD AND HERB WRAPPED BEEF TENDERLOIN - EMERILS.COM
BEEF ROAST RUB RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
DRY RUB FOR BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEEF TENDERLOIN MUSTARD RUB RECIPES | BIGOVEN
BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
21 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR BEEF LOIN TENDERLOIN - BEST RECIPES IDEAS …
MUSTARD-AND-CHILE-RUBBED ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - MASTERCOOK
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH MUSTARD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST BEEF TENDERLOIN ROASTING TIME - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND …
CHILE POWDER RECIPES - NYT COOKING
MUSTARD AND CHILI RUBBED BEEF TENDERLION - AT80GALLERY
SPICE-RUBBED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH ANCHO CHILE MUSTARD SAUCE
BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH MUSTARD-THYME CRUST - CHATELAINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beef tenderloin with butter and mustard?1 beef tenderloin (3 1/2 pounds), tied together with kitchen twine at 2-inch intervals Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper 4 to 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Directions Instructions Checklist Step 1 Let beef stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Advertisement Step 2
What is the best way to cook beef tenderloin?Directions. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season beef all over with salt and pepper. Whisk together butter and mustards; coat beef all over with mixture. Roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the upper third of the oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 135 degrees (for rare) to 140 degrees (for medium-rare),...
How to cook a beef chuck roast in the oven?Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Tie roast with kitchen string in three evenly spaced places to help keep its tubular shape. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon oil, the mustard, oregano, chipotle chile, chile powder, cumin, black pepper and garlic. In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil until very hot.
How much butter do you put on a beef tenderloin?1 beef tenderloin (3 1/2 pounds), tied together with kitchen twine at 2-inch intervals Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper 4 to 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard