a turkish variation on a much-loved middle eastern dish said to have been invented by the ladies of the sultan's harem - to win his favours!from one of my favourite cookbooks the complete meze table.
Time: 45 minutes
- grill the aubergines- under a medium heat first , then a high heat after about 7 mins , until well blackened and soft , about 20-25 mins
- remove the skin while holding under a cold tap , then gently squeeze to get rid of the juices
- blend the flesh in a processor
- add garlic and about 75mls tahina blend again
- add lemon juice , paprika and salt to taste , then whizz until very smooth
- now taste to see if you want to add any extra of the ingredients
- pour into a dish and drizzle the olive oil on the top and the chopped mint
- serve with pitta bread or sesame bread
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- tahini paste
- lemon, juice of
- olive oil
MUTABBAL (EGGPLANT SALAD)
There are a variety of eggplant salads in Palestinian cuisine, but this is one which you will find in every restaurant as part of the traditional "Meza".
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Palis Favorites
Yield 1 Mutabbal, 4 serving(s)
- Remove the head of the eggplants, and make two horizontal incisions with the knife on each side of the eggplant.
- Place the eggplants under the grill for 30 minutes, until the skin is almost burnt. In the meantime, mix the two tablespoons of Tehina with the lemon juice until it becomes a smooth light beige uniform paste.
- Remove the eggplants, and place them on a plate.
- Bring a deep dish and open up the eggplants.
- Start removing the inside of the eggplants and placing it in the deep dish. Make sure you don't take any of the skin.
- The insides of the eggplant will be slightly watery, so mix it with a fork which would at the same time cut it into smaller pieces, almost a paste though not uniform in any way.
- Add the Tehina paste and mix well with the fork.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the chili pepper and add to the mixture.
- Mix well. Add salt and olive oil to taste.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 green chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation low-protein healthy appetizers side-dishes vegetables asian middle-eastern barbecue vegetarian dips turkish dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat low-calorie low-carb healthy-2 low-in-something equipment grilling
You'll also love
More recipes about mutabbul recipes
Mutabbal (Eggplant dip) - Delicious Recipes for Real Life
Recipe From : littlesunnykitchen.com2019-11-09 · Mutabbal is a very popular Middle Eastern dish that is made with roasted eggplants, garlic, tahini (sesame paste), lemon, and a pinch of salt! It’s a very simple recipe and it’s usually served as … ...
- First you need to roast the eggplant by placing it directly over the fire on your stove top. Roast it for about 15 minutes by turning it from side to side until it's black and the pulp is soft and tender.
- Once the eggplant is done, you need to peel off the skin, and then mash it using a fork or a potato masher.
- Add minced garlic, salt, and juice of a lemon, mix. Then add the Tahini sauce (which is made by mixing the tahini paste with cold water and lemon juice - unless you have used all of the juice in the previous step)
- When serving, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, and garnish with Summaq and parsley or crushed mint leaves. Serve warm or cold with pita or taboun bread.
Moutabel Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-07-10 · Place eggplants on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until soft and seared. Step 3 In a food processor, grind together garlic, … ...
Mutabal - Traditional Middle Eastern Recipe | 196 flavors
Recipe From : 196flavors.com2019-09-25 · The essential ingredients of Armenian mutabal are eggplant, tahini, garlic, lemon, cumin and onion. In Georgia, it is called badrijnis khizilala, meaning simply … ...
- Roast whole aubergines (with skin) in direct contact with a flame or embers until the skin becomes black and the flesh is soft.
Mutabbul | Recipes Wiki | Fandom
Recipe From : recipes.fandom.com1 Description 1.1 Ingredients 2 Directions 2.1 Other Links 3 See also A Turkish variation on a much-loved Middle Eastern dish said to have been invented by the ladies of the Sultan's harem - to win his favours! 3 large aubergines (Eggplants) 3-4 cloves garlic, skinned and crushed 75-100 ml tahini paste 1 lemon, juice of 1 pinch paprika salt Grill the aubergines- under a medium heat first, then ... ... Show details
Mutabal Recipe (Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip) Step by Step ...
Recipe From : whiskaffair.com2018-02-28 · To prepare Mutabal at home, grill the eggplant on direct fire to give it a smoky flavor and it is then blended with other ingredients and spices in a food processor. You can also roast the eggplant … ...
- Make a few incisions on the eggplant and roast directly on a gas stove or in an oven till the skin turns black and the flesh is softened.
Mutabal (Eggplant dip) – Syrian Cooking
Recipe From : syriancooking.com2009-08-11 · In a mixing bowl, add the other ingredients except the olive oil and mix well. Cut the eggplant into rough chunks and add to the previous mixture. Scoop in a serving platter and drizzle with olive oil. It tastes best when it is cool, so you can take it out of the refrigerator and set aside for 10-15 mintues before severing. ... Show details
Mutabbaq Recipe (Saudi Street Style Partha) | I Knead to Eat
Recipe From : ikneadtoeat.com2020-06-22 · Heat oil in a frying pan, and add the meat and ginger garlic paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the spices. Cook for about 8 minutes while stirring until the meat is golden brown and cooked through. In a mixing bowl, add two eggs. ...
Mutabbaq Recipe | Arabian Recipes in English
Recipe From : kfoods.comTo Prepare Meat Filling: 1.Take a saucepan and heat oil. 2.Add chopped onion, salt, ginger, red chilli, dhanya powder and turmeric powder, 3.Stir-fry for about 1 to 2 minutes, add meat mince. ...
Best Tabbouleh Recipe - Cookie and Kate
Recipe From : cookieandkate.com2019-07-09 · Cook or soak the bulgur until tender according to package directions. Drain off any excess water, and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, combine the diced cucumber … ...
MUTABBAL RECIPE - lookandcook
Recipe From : lookandcook.comMutabbal recipe (LC14236) : Mutabbal is a cold appetizer made with roasted eggplants & is a popular middle eastern dish. Prep Time : 10 Min Cooking Time : 30 Min Resting Time : 40 Min Ingredients. Instructions. Equipment. Recipe Recommendations. SPINACH & CHEESE FILO RECIPE Spinach Cheese Filo Recipe (#LC14087) : Flaky Filo sheets are layered with a savoury spinach and cheese … ... Show details
Moutabal recipe - Great British Chefs
Recipe From : greatbritishchefs.com2013-06-24 · Baked aubergine is one of my favourites: slice the aubergine in half, slash the flesh and rub it with something tasty like pesto, salsa macha or chermoula. Even something as simple as olive oil, salt and pepper will do. Bake flesh-side up at 180C for 40 minutes or until the aubergine … ...
Best Mutabbal Recipe (متبل) | Levantine Eggplant Dip
Recipe From : norecipes.com2018-01-14 · Mutabbal (متبل, sometimes transliterated M’tabbal) is a delicious Levantine condiment made with smoky roasted eggplant and creamy tahina with pungent garlic and the citrusy tang of lemon juice. It makes for a delightful dip for flatbreads and veggies, but it can also be used as a condiment for roasted meats, or in sandwiches. ...
Mutabal - A Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip | Greedy Gourmet
Recipe From : greedygourmet.com2020-12-01 · Keywords: mutabal, mutabbal recipe, eggplant dip, vegan arabic recipe, Middle East eggplant dip, roasted aubergine dip, moutabel, vegan aubergine recipe. Did you make this recipe? Tag @greedygourmet on Instagram and hashtag it #greedygourmet. Facebook Tweet Pin Yummly 1 Share 1. DON’T MISS A THING! New recipes… ...
- Place each eggplant on a gas hob and turn a quarter every 5 minutes. The process should take 20-30 minutes in order for the eggplants to be completely charred all over and completely cooked through. They will have a “collapsed” appearance.
- In a food processor blitz the eggplant, along with all the remaining ingredients, until a smooth paste is formed.
- Serve with flatbread, crudités or breadsticks as part of a main meal, light lunch or simply a snack on its own. Enjoy!
Mutabal - A Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip Recipe | Saffron Trail
Recipe From : saffrontrail.com2016-06-06 · On a chopping board, add 2 pinches of salt to the peeled garlic cloves and mash them with the side of the knife blade until you get a coarse paste. Mash the eggplant flesh with a fork, adding the tahini, yogurt, salt, garlic paste, juice of two lemons. Remove this into a … ...
Muttabal - Recipes are Simple
Recipe From : recipesaresimple.com2019-06-29 · Mutabbal A Middle Eastern dip made with Eggplant, sesame paste (tahini), garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. In some cases, thick yogurt is also added (and sometimes) tahini is substituted … ...
- If using the large, fat type of eggplant: Prick the eggplant in few places so the steam has someplace to go. ( If the eggplants are long and thin, I skip this step ).
Mutabbal Recipe - Look and Cook step by step recipes | How ...
Recipe From : youtube.comFULL RECIPE FOR GUIDED COOKING WITH VIDEO & INGREDIENT QUANTITIES, CLICK HERE: https://lookandcook.com/recipe/mutabbal-recipe/ #Mutabbal recipe (LC14236) : M... ... Show details
Mutabbal Beitinjan (Eggplant Mutabal/ Baba Ghanouj) – Dima ...
Recipe From : dimasharif.com2010-08-08 · In a food processor, place the peeled eggplants, the garlic until, tahina, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Process until the mixture form a smooth paste, add enough water to loosen the paste out, if necessary. Taste and check the seasoning. Place in serving platter, sprinkle with sumac and cumin seeds, then top with loose pomegranate seeds. ...
Lebanese Mutabbal: A Delicious Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip ...
Recipe From : food52.com2016-11-30 · Mutabbal is a staple dish in the Lebanese cuisine, usually served as part of “Mezza,” which is an elaborate assortment of appetizers that can be served as a … ...
Baba Ganoush and Mutabbal (Middle Eastern Dips)
Recipe From : recipesaresimple.com2013-03-07 · Baba Ganoush and Mutabbal. Ba·ba gha·nouj or Baba Ganoush is a middle eastern dip primarily made of eggplant (aubergines), with the addition of … ...
Mutabbal Recipe : Latest News, Videos and Photos on ...
Recipe From : india.com2020-07-07 · Mutabbal or Arabic Eggplant Dip Recipe: Follow The Steps to Make This Brinjal Dip at Home. India.com Staff | July 7, 2020 6:35 PM IST. You might be surprised that a … ... Show details
Lebanese Mutabbal: A Misunderstood Eggplant Dip ...
Recipe From : yaansoon.com2016-11-30 · Mutabbal: The Recipe In our household, we make Mutabbal with grilled aubergine/eggplant, garlic cloves, Tahini, yoghurt, olive oil, and parsley for garnish. I’ve seen other recipes that suggest … ...
- Make two horizontal incisions with the knife on each side of the eggplant/aubergine (so it won't explode), and roast it on the stove top. You can place it on a skillet, or a piece of tin (the latter is the way my Grandma used to do it).
- Grill for 30 minutes. Keep changing the position of the eggplant or aubergine so all sides are fire-kissed, and until the skin is slightly burnt on at least two sides. Remove the eggplants, place them on a plate and wait until they've cooled down a bit. Remove the inside of the eggplant and place it in a deep dish. Mash into smaller pieces until almost a paste.
- Now, add the Tahini paste and the yoghurt and mix well with a fork. Add the crushed garlic with a pinch of salt and mix.
- To serve, create a well in the middle of the deep serving bowl, and add a drizzle of olive oil and chopped parsley for garnish.
Mutabal - Syrian recipe - just arabic food - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comMutabal is a Syrian eggplant salad, prevalent in many Arab countries. It is very nutritious, with a creamy taste due to the sesame paste (tahina) and yogurt.... ... Show details
Baba Ganoush | Little Sunny Kitchen
Recipe From : littlesunnykitchen.com2020-07-10 · In Arabic, it’s called Mutabbal and often served within the mezze with fresh pita bread. It might sound confusing to you, but what is called Baba Ganoush in the West is called Mutabbal in the Middle East. And what’s called Baba Ganoush in the Middle East, is a traditional eggplant dip that is made with more vegetables and no tahini. You can find the traditional Baba Ganoush recipe … ...
- To roast the eggplants, place them on a sheet pan and roast in the oven until they're tender and collapsing. This should take 35-45 minutes.
- Once they're roasted, remove the sheet pan from the oven and allow the eggplants to cool down so they're cool enough to handle. Peel the skin off using your hands, or 2 forks. I like to leave a few black bits for smoky flavor but that's optional.
- Transfer the eggplant flesh to a bowl, and mash with a fork to break it down (do not use a food processor).