This dish is zesty and yummy! It is very easy to make, as well as very deserving of 3 exclamation points!!! Spoon meat onto toasted sandwich buns, and top with additional barbecue sauce.
Provided by CORWYNN DARKHOLME
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over chuck roast. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chuck roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork, and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking approximately 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 65.4 mg, Fat 16.2 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 562.3 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
STEAMED BARBECUE PORK BUNS
You don't need much experience at all to make beautiful barbecue pork buns, aka. char siu bao. Instead of that mysterious, gelatinous red sauce that Chinese restaurants use, I filled these buns with regular barbecue pork for a more savory version. Regardless of what filling you choose, I hope this helps shape your technique.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pour water into a bowl. Sprinkle in yeast and let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 10 minutes. Add vegetable oil, sugar, and self-rising flour. Mix using a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto your counter and knead into a smooth ball, about 10 minutes. Transfer dough ball into a lightly oiled bowl. Flip to lightly coat. Cover and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Combine pork, green onions, cayenne pepper, sesame oil, and hoisin sauce in a separate bowl. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Add a couple inches of water to a Dutch oven and set a bamboo steamer on top.
- Poke dough down to deflate and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Cut dough in half and roll each half into a long tube. Divide each tube into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and press into a disk. Roll each disk until about 1/8-inch thick and 4 to 5 inches wide. Roll out edges so they are slightly thinner than the center.
- Transfer a spoonful of filling onto the center of each dough circle. Pinch edges together to form multiple small pleats, moistening edges with water if needed. Squeeze pleats together at the top to seal in the filling. Place pork buns on individual squares of parchment paper. Transfer them to the cold steamer, cover, and let proof until noticeably puffed, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bring the water in the Dutch oven to a boil over high heat. Set timer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave buns covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and transfer to plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.7 g, Cholesterol 23.3 mg, Fat 3.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 369.1 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
- Stir together 2 cups flour and the yeast. In a separate bowl, heat milk, water, oil, sugar and salt to lukewarm in microwave. Add all at once to the flour mixture, and beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough, 2 to 3 cups. Mix well. Dust a flat surface with flour, turn dough out onto floured surface, and let rest under bowl for about 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into 12 slightly flat balls, and place on greased baking sheet to rise until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.4 calories, Carbohydrate 45.3 g, Cholesterol 1.6 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 204.2 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
QUICK BEEF BUNS
One of my husband's favorites! My sister gave me the recipe many years ago. Not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination but definately good food!
Provided by Lvs2Cook
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook beef, pepper & onion in skillet over med. heat until brown. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs, barbecue sauce and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375º. Separate crescent roll dough in 4 rectangles on lightly floured board. Roll dough in 8x4 rectangle-cut crosswise in half. Place 2 tbsp of meat mixture on each half. Top with some mozzarella. Pull corners of dough toward the center and twist. Pinch to seal. Place buns on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with rest. Makes 8 buns.
- In small cup, beat egg yolk and 1 tsp water with fork until blended. Brush top of buns.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden.
BARBECUE BEEF ON BUNS (A FANTASTIC RECIPE!)
My husband gives this recipe thumbs up with a 10 star rating. I hope this gives you an indication of just how good this barbecue beef is. DON'T LET THE LENGTH OF THIS RECIPE SCARE YOU-IT'S REALLY A VERY, VERY EASY RECIPE! I clipped the recipe out of our local Sunday newspaper several years ago. The recipe received such rave reviews they decided to run the recipe a second time. The barbecued beef must be refrigerated at least 8 hours before serving in order for the sauce flavors to absorb into the meat. You will find that the prepared bbq beef freezes extremely well, without sacrificing any flavor (see Note). One 4.16-pound chuck roast will give you approximately 15 servings (1/2 cup each).
Provided by Lindas Kitch
Yield 14 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the chuck roast in a very large pot and cover with water. The water level must be at least 2 inches above the top surface of the roast. If you don't have a large enough pan a large soup pot will work, but the water level fills the pan over three-fourths full, and you will have lots of splatters on your stovetop (to alleviate this problem, cover your entire stovetop, except for the heating element you have your pan sitting on, with aluminum foil). It's imperative that you always keep the water level at least 2 inches above the roast. If you use a soup pot, add more water about every 30 minutes! When I cook the roast I USE A LID to partially cover the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil, and cook for about 3 hours until the meat is tender. (I keep the heat a little lower than medium-high, which is a fairly strong boil. Recently I cooked a chuck roast weighing 4.16 pounds and it took 3 hour and 15 minutes, I'm sure the cooking time will vary according to the weight of the meat and how hard the meat boils).
- Meanwhile, make the barbecue sauce. BARBECUE SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS: Into a LARGE saucepan thoroughly combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, chili powder, vinegar, sugar, and onion. Cover and refrigerate for later use. Don't use a medium saucepan because the sauce gets so hot that it can pop out of the pan and can burn your hand.
- When the roast is done, remove it from the water with a sharp meat fork and place it on a platter to cool slightly.
- When the roast is cool enough to handle, shred the meat by hand (I shred the beef with a dinner fork, and then pull the larger pieces of meat apart with my fingers).
- Remove the barbecue sauce from the refrigerator, and over high heat, stirring constantly, bring the sauce to a boil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour the sauce over the meat, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving in order for the sauce flavors to absorb into the meat.
- When ready to serve, reheat the meat on the stove, in the microwave, or in an electric slow cooker.
- Serve on buns.
- Note: I freeze any meat that I don't use up within 3 to 4 days. I use fold-top plastic sandwich bags, placing 1/2 cup barbecue beef in each bag. I then, place all the little bags within a large freezer bag and place them in the freezer. One 4.16 pound beef chuck roast will give you approximately 15 servings (1/2 cup each).
BARBECUED BEEF ON BUNS
My mother-in-law gave this recipe to me, and my family loves it. I like to serve it at buffet meals when company comes over.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place beef, onion and celery in a Dutch oven; add water to almost cover meat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; strain and reserve cooking liquid. Trim and shred meat; return to Dutch oven. Add 2 cups of strained cooking liquid (save remaining cooking liquid) and chill. Skim and discard fat. Add ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If mixture becomes too thick, add additional reserved cooking liquid. Serve on hamburger buns.
Nutrition Facts :
BEEF AND PORK BUNS
- Distribute the meat evenly over the bottoms of the kaiser rolls. Place approximately 2 ounces of the barbecue sauce over the meat. Place the top of the roll on the meat and serve with a knife and fork.
MY AUNT MARGARET'S BEEF BARBECUE IN BUNS
- 1. In a large skillet or saucepan,lightly brown ground chuck and onions, then drain off any fat.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, put remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 3. Pour sauce over meat and simmer for 1 hour. Serve on sandwich buns, onion rolls or your choice of bun. Enjoy with a side of chips or french fries.
More about "my aunt margarets beef barbecue in buns recipes"
SLOW COOKER BARBECUE SHREDDED BEEF - BUNS IN MY OVEN
Ratings 5Calories 196 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, chipotle powder, and parsley to a small bowl and stir to combine. Remove 1 tablespoon of dry rub and set aside for later.
- Liberally coat the roast in the dry rub. You may not need all of the rub. Store any excess in a covered container for another use.
SLOW COOKER BBQ BEEF ON A BUN - FEISTY FRUGAL & FABULOUS
5/5 (5)Total Time 8 hrs 5 minsServings 8
PULLED BEEF BBQ ON A HOMEMADE BUN WITH SIDES - …
SMOKEY BBQ BEEF ON A BUN - | BAKERSBEANS (WANDA BAKER)
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SUMMERTIME ALBERTA BARBECUE BEEF ON A BUN - TALKING IN ALL ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ASIAN BEEF BUNS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Cuisine ChineseEstimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 10Calories 254 per serving
EVERYONE'S FAVORITE BUNS RECIPE - LAND O'LAKES
4.9/5 (21)Calories 140 per servingServings 24
MARINATED BEEF ON A BUN RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
BEEF BARBECUE BUNS - 1MRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
STEAMED PORK BUNS (CHAR SIU BAO) RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (26)Calories 259 per servingServings 10
BAKED BBQ PORK BUNS (CHAR SIU BAO ... - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
5/5 (11)Calories 224 per servingCategory Bakery
MY AUNTIE'S STICKY BUNS! - HOME EC 101
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
55 RECIPES WE STOLE FROM THE FAMILY REUNION - TASTE OF HOME
DIVA'S FORGOTTEN MEMORIES: 2015 - BLOGGER
BIEROCKS GERMAN HAMBURGER AND CABBAGE FILLED BUNS - PINTEREST
BBQ CHICKEN TORTILLA PIZZA RECIPE - THEONLYEXEPTIONX3
MY AUNT MARGARETS BEEF BARBECUE IN BUNS BEST RECIPES
BARBECUED BEEF ON BUNS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put on a beef on a bun?This is classic beef on a bun goodness! Use your favorite BBQ and serve on fresh kaiser buns. Top with sliced red onion, coleslaw, mustard, horseradish – it’s up to you! The recipe is delicious and you can tweek it to make it your own with toppings.
How long do you cook buns in the oven at 375?Shape each half on lightly floured surface into 12 buns. Place buns onto 2 greased (15x10x1-inch) baking pans. Brush with reserved melted butter. Cover; let rise 1 hour or until double in size. Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
What is the best way to cook pulled beef buns?Bake your homemade buns at 375 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Next up, let’s get to work on the Pulled Beef BBQ! Rub chuck with BBQ seasoning and salt and pepper. Let rest for 1/2 hour or more. Brown chuck on all sides in 3 T olive oil.
What is a BBQ pork bun?The bun is a variation on my milk bread recipe. For the baked BBQ pork buns, it’s a more simplified version that skips the condensed milk without compromising the result. The buns are super soft and fluffy – the perfect vessel to contain that tender pork. PS. If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can use my pineapple bun recipe to fill the BBQ pork.