- Cut the carrots in thirds crosswise. Then cut each piece lengthwise into halves or fourths, depending on the width of the carrots. This should create spears that have at least one flat side.
- Add the oil to a cast-iron skillet and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, place the carrots in the oil cut-sides down and cook without turning until tender, about 6 minutes. The cut sides will be very, very dark. Some may even call it burnt. Don't worry, it'll taste great!
- Add the honey, togarashi and 1/4 cup of water to the skillet and stir up all the carrots. Cook, stirring constantly, until most of the water has cooked off and the carrots are coated. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the chopped parsley. (This will add a fresh flavor and it looks really pretty.)
- Serve right away to your impressed and amazed friends!
GLAZED BABY CARROTS
For a zippy side dish, try this recipe. These brown sugar-glazed carrots come together in no time at all. -Anita Foster, Fairmount, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook carrots in a small amount of water until tender. Drain. In a saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar; heat until sugar dissolves. Add carrots and toss to coat. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 152mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- Quarter and cut carrots into 2-inch lengths.
- In a skillet, bring carrots, sugar, 1/2 cup water, butter, and salt to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, partly covered, 6 minutes.
- Cook uncovered, over high, tossing often until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128 g, Fat 6 g, Protein 1 g
"THE SWEET TASTE of the glaze not only enhances these carrots, but it is very compatible with the rest of the meal. Another great thing about this vegetable dish is that it adds a nice colorful touch to the table. Whenever Mom fixed this dish I was never disappointed!"
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Peel carrots and cut in half lengthwise. Boil in salted water until tender; drain well. Melt butter in a heavy skillet; add lemon juice and brown sugar and stir until mixture thickens. Add carrots; stir until well glazed and heated through.
Nutrition Facts :
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add carrots. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 6 to 9 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook remaining ingredients over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Stir in carrots. Reduce heat to low. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are glazed and hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 310 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 0 g
BROWN SUGAR-GLAZED CARROTS
Not only do they add a bright burst of color to any plate, but carrots are often the first vegetable that most little ones will consider eating. Their natural sweetness is given some amplification by making these caramelized carrots with a brown sugar, orange peel and butter glaze. Even big kids will be asking for seconds of these delicious glazed carrots.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat 1 inch water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add carrots and, if desired, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered 12 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- While carrots are cooking, heat brown sugar, butter, orange zest and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Be careful not to overcook or the mixture will taste scorched. Remove from heat.
- Drain carrots. Stir carrots into brown sugar mixture. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently, until carrots are glazed and hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Carbohydrate 28 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 380 mg
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS
Turn up the stove for Sunny Anderson's healthy Honey-Glazed Carrots recipe from Cooking for Real on Food Network.
Provided by Sunny Anderson
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add salt and then carrots and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the carrots and add back to pan with butter, honey and lemon juice. Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
Bring some excitement to dinnertime with Glazed Carrots! These tasty Glazed Carrots are dressed up with balsamic, brown sugar, butter and parsley.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook carrots in boiling water in large saucepan on medium heat 4 to 6 min. or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook dressing, sugar and butter in small saucepan on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain carrots; return to saucepan. Add sauce; stir. Cook 2 to 3 min. or until carrots are heated through and evenly coated with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Fat 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 140 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 1 g
- Bring brown sugar, butter, broth, water, and salt to a boil in a 10-inch heavy skillet, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add carrots and simmer, covered, until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer carrots with a slotted spoon to a bowl and boil liquid until reduced to a glaze (about 1 1/2 tablespoons). Return carrots to skillet and cook over low heat, stirring, until heated through and coated with glaze. Stir in lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Place carrots into a large saucepan, pour in enough water to reach depth of 1 inch, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer carrots until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the same saucepan; stir brown sugar, salt, and white pepper into butter until brown sugar and salt have dissolved. Transfer carrots into brown sugar sauce; cook and stir until carrots are glazed with sauce, about 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.6 calories, Carbohydrate 17.6 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 193.8 mg, Sugar 12.1 g
More about "glazed carrots recipes"
BROWN SUGAR GLAZED CARROTS | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (17)Total Time 35 minsCategory SideCalories 191 per serving
- Cut carrot on the diagonal into 4cm / 1.75” lengths. Halve thicker end so they are all roughly the same width.
- Roast 15 minutes. Toss, then roast a further 10 minutes until soft and caramelised on the edges with plenty of glaze left on the tray.
BEST EVER GLAZED CARROTS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsServings 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. In a medium sized bowl, add the carrots, olive oil, butter, brown sugar, garlic, and salt and pepper and combine.
- Spread the carrots in an even layer on the cookie sheet. Roast for 10 minutes and toss. Then roast for another 10 minutes until the carrots are tender and caramelized. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
CLASSIC GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.8/5 (16)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side Dish, Carrot, Root VegetablesCalories 135 per serving
10 BEST GLAZED CARROTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BUTTERY GLAZED CARROTS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
4.9/5 (26)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 227 per serving
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook 8-10 minutes or until carrots are just becoming tender when pierced with a fork.
GLAZED CARROTS | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
4.3/5 (7)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory SidesCalories 443 per serving
- Heat the butter in a shallow sauté pan. Add the carrots and cook over medium heat, just until the carrots begin to turn golden.
- Add the carrot juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and cook until the liquid has reduced. Taste for salt. Serve warm.
GLAZED CARROTS | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETABLE RECIPES
Category Vegetables RecipesCalories 115 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- Melt the butter and the dripping, if you’ve got it, in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Crush the unpeeled garlic cloves with the flat side of your knife, then add to the pan, turning after 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in the thyme sprigs (they’ll crackle a bit), squeeze in the clementine juice and add the honey, bay and a splash of water.
- Add the carrots, sprinkle with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then jiggle the pan to coat them in all that flavour.
GLAZED CARROTS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (23)Calories 149 per servingCategory Side
GLAZED CARROTS | RICARDO
5/5 (44)Category AppetizersServings 4Total Time 25 mins
GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Calories 48 per serving
BROWN SUGAR GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 442Calories 100 per servingCategory Side Dish, Dinner
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - MY BAKING ADDICTION
MISO MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | OUR PLANT-BASED WORLD
GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE EASY : THE VERY BEST MINI MEATLOAVES ...
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE BROWN SUGAR / BROWN SUGAR ...
GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE WITH MAPLE SYRUP - MAPLE BACON ...
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE TIN - WATCH RECIPE VIDEOS ...
GLAZED CARROT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #american #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #pacific-northwest #healthy-2 #low-in-something #carrots
You'll also love