TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE
This a no-bake recipe, so on a hot summer day you don't have to turn on the oven, other than to bake your crust. If using frozen blueberries, drain them and use juice instead of water.
Provided by Elaine
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water and 1 cup of blueberries. Cook and stir over medium heat, until thick, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add butter and let cool about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining blueberries.
- Pour into baked pie shell and cool in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219 calories, Carbohydrate 39.8 g, Cholesterol 3.8 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 113.1 mg, Sugar 26.6 g
CONTEST-WINNING FRESH BLUEBERRY PIE
I've been making this blueberry pie recipe for decades since the ingredients for the filling are readily available in Michigan. Nothing says summer like a piece of fresh blueberry pie! -Linda Kernan, Mason, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a floured surface, roll dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim and flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights. Bake on a lower oven rack until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-6 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Add 3 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly., Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and remaining berries; stir until butter is melted. Cool. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 150mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
OPEN-FACED FRESH BLUEBERRY PIE
Quick and easy Open-Faced Fresh Blueberry Pie recipe, one cup of berries is cooked to form a syrup. The remaining three cups of berries are heated in this syrup just enough to turn the blueberries a midnight blue with overtones of purple. The filling is then spooned into a prebaked crust.
Provided by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Make the crust:
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. If necessary, allow it to sit for about 10 minutes or until it is soft enough to roll.
- Using a pastry cloth and sleeve rubbed with flour or two sheets of plastic wrap lightly sprinkled with flour, roll the dough 1/8 inch thick or less and large enough to cut a 13-inch circle. Use an expandable flan ring or a cardboard template and a sharp knife as a guide to cut out the circle. Transfer the dough to the pie pan, fold under the excess, and crimp the border using a fork or your fingers. Cover it loosely and refrigerate it for a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Line the pastry with parchment, pleating it as necessary so it fits into the pan, and fill it with rice or dried beans. Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully lift out the rice or beans with the parchment. With a fork, prick the bottom and sides, and bake 5-10 minutes, or until the crust is pale golden. Check after 3 minutes and prick any bubbles that may have formed.
- Cool the crust on a rack for 3 minutes, so it is no longer piping hot, then brush the bottom and sides with the egg white.
- Make the filling:
- Measure out 1 cup of the blueberries, choosing he softest ones. Place them in a medium saucepan together with the 1/2 cup water. Cover and bring them to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and the remaining 2 tablespoons of water. Set it aside.
- When the water and blueberries have come to a boil, lower the heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes or until the blueberries start to burst and the juices begin to thicken. Stirring constantly, add the cornstarch mixture, the sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Simmer for a minute or until the mixture becomes translucent. Immediately remove it from the heat and quickly fold in the remaining 3 cups of blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the baked pie shell and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before serving. When set, the berries will remain very juicy but will not flow out of the crust.
- Just before serving, if desired, pipe or spread the whipped cream around the sides of the pie, leaving the center unadorned and brilliantly glistening.
- Room temperature, up to 2 days (without the whipped cream).
BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY PIE
Field editor Earlene Ertelt of Woodburn, Oregon shared this lovely fruity dessert that tastes like summer. She notes, "This is one of the very best pies I have ever made."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Beat the egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush over crust. Set aside., In a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, vanilla and cinnamon. Gently stir in the berries. Pour into the crust., Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over the filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with remaining water; sprinkle with remaining sugar., Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 512 calories, Fat 24g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 320mg sodium, Carbohydrate 70g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "topless blueberry pie recipes"
EASY EATS: TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE - WHITANDWHIMSYBLOG.COM
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir in ¾ cup of water and 1 cup of blueberries. Cook and stir over medium heat, until thick, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
BLUEBERRIES & CREAM PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
SINGLE CRUST BERRY PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
FROZEN BLUEBERRY PIE FILLING - BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES
EASY BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FROZEN BLUEBERRIES - BAKING WITH BUTTER
STAR EMBELLISHED BLUEBERRY PIE BY TOPLESSBAKER | QUICK & EASY …
CRUSTLESS BLUEBERRY PIE | RECIPE | BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES ... - PINTEREST
BLUEBERRY PIE FILLING RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE | RECIPESTY
CRUSTLESS BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE (SO EASY!) - AVERIE COOKS
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE - BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES - ANNA OLSON
FROZEN YOGURT BLUEBERRY PIE (NO-BAKE!) – KEVIN LEE JACOBS
BLUEBERRY PIE – THE NAKED KITCHEN
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE | RESCOOKING.COM
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE | LESLIE'S BLOG
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE SO TASTY - DINNER IDEA RECIPES EASY
BEST BLUEBERRY PIE! - LOVE-THE SECRET INGREDIENT
POPULAR RECIPES TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE - ALL BEST RECIPES
BLUEBERRY PIE FILLING RECIPE WITHOUT CORNSTARCH POWDER
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE PHOTOS RECIPE
NO BAKE BLUEBERRY PIE (USING FRESH OR FROZEN BLUEBERRIES)
NO CRUST BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BLUEBERRY PIE – TOPLESS BAKER
EASY FRESH BLUEBERRY DESSERT RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE
10 BEST NO SUGAR BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CRUSTLESS BLUEBERRY PIE - THE DIZZY COOK
PIN ON TREATS FOR BABY ♥️ - PINTEREST.COM
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE GOOD RECIPES - ANNUAIRE-VALAIS
PIN ON DESSERTS, MUFFINS, COOKIES, ETC.
TOPLESS BLUEBERRY PIE FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
You'll also love