NEVER FAIL BISCUITS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and pour in the milk. Stir until dough begins to pull together then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Press dough together and then roll out until 3/4 inch thick. Cut into 2 inch round biscuits and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464.7 calories, Carbohydrate 53.1 g, Cholesterol 64.7 mg, Fat 24.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.2 g, Sodium 834 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
MONICA'S NEVER FAIL ROLLS
- Place 1 cup milk with shortening in a saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until shortening melts. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Pour milk and margarine into a large bowl. Add remaining cup of milk and dissolved yeast. In a separate bowl, sift together sugar, 4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually flour mixture to milk mixture, using a wire whisk or electric mixer. Place uncovered bowl on stove. Allow dough to rise 2 to 2 1/2 hours until doubled in bulk.
- Stir remaining 1 1/2 cups flour into dough and mix well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half. Roll out until 1/8 inch thick. Brush with melted margarine and cut with biscuit cutter . Fold each roll in half and dip in melted margarine, place on greased cookie sheets. For immediate use continue to let rolls rise 2 hours or until doubled in bulk. Refrigerate or freeze rolls if you do not plan to use at once.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. When using frozen rolls, remove from freezer at least 4 hours before serving. When using refrigerated rolls, allow 3 hours for rolls to rise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.8 g, Cholesterol 1.1 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 177.1 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
NEVER-FAIL YEAST BISCUITS
A high-rising yeast biscuit that still tastes like a baking powder one. If I want biscuits for breakfast, I make up the batter the night before and let it rest in the bowl, covered, on the counter overnight. In the morning, I just flop it out on a floured surface, fold it a few times, pat it out, cut and bake.
Provided by Lise in Indiana
Yield 18 biscuits
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Dissolve yeast in water, set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients in order given, then cut in shortening until it's the size of small beans.
- Stir in the buttermilk and yeast mixture. Dough will be very sticky.
- Cover bowl with towel and let sit until ready to use. (At least 1 hour, but it is fine if it sits for a couple hours.)
- Scrape out onto well floured board. Flip the dough over and knead or fold lightly (4-6 times).
- Roll out about 1/2" thickness and cut with sharp biscuit cutter. (Cutting with a dull cutter or water glass "seals" the dough and won't let the biscuit rise as they should.)
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet and let raise slightly (10-30 minutes).
- Bake at 400º F until light brown, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.9, Fat 6, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 0.5, Sodium 199.3, Carbohydrate 15.6, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 2.1, Protein 2.4
NEVER-FAIL YEAST ROLLS
This simple recipe produces sweet, tender rolls and requires no kneading. It's the perfect way for a child to make an impressive contribution to a meal. It's also nice for an adult who wants homemade rolls without the usual fuss.-Karen Gentry, Eubank, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in the flour, dry cake mix and salt (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. , Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up, beginning at the wide end; place point side down on greased baking sheets. Brush with butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes. , Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts :
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS
- mix dry ingredients.
- cut in butter.
- beat egg and milk slightly in separate bowl.
- milk together.
- kneed on floured surface.
- roll till desired thickness.
- cut out with a glass or cookie cutter.
- bake 350 for till golden brown.
More about "never fail yeast biscuits recipes"
PERFECT HOMEMADE BISCUITS EVERY TIME! | MOM ON TIMEOUT
THE BEST FLAKY HOMEMADE YEAST BISCUITS - JOANNE EATS …
NEVER-FAIL BISCUITS - KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (125)Total Time 15 minsServings 12Calories 98 per serving
SWEAT YEAST NIGHT LIKE SMELLS - KRJ.MEDIAZIONE.LAZIO.IT
LIKE SMELLS SWEAT YEAST NIGHT - TUA.NOTIZIE.CALABRIA.IT
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS | RECIPESTY
CLOUD NINE NEVER-FAIL BISCUITS – THE YORKES FAMILY
NEVER-FAIL BISCUITS - YOUTUBE
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS - PINTEREST
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS- WIKIFOODHUB
OVERNIGHT YEASTED FLAKY BISCUITS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS - YUM TASTE
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
NEVER FAIL YEAST BISCUITS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
NEVER-FAIL YEAST ROLLS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
YEAST BISCUITS - ROBERT ST. JOHN
NEVER FAIL, SKY HIGH BISCUITS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
2-INGREDIENT NEVER-FAIL CREAM BISCUITS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
TIP GARDEN: 2 INGREDIENT NEVER FAIL BISCUITS
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS | RECIPE | BEST BISCUIT RECIPE, RECIPES, BISCUIT …
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS - PLAIN.RECIPES
NEVER FAIL YEAST BISCUITS- WIKIFOODHUB
NEVER-FAIL BISCUITS RECIPE - I DO MAKE MY OWN SELF-RISING FLOUR FOR ...
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS | WE EATT
HOUSE RECIPE CRACKERS - CJWAG.MALUSIN.PL
EASY YEAST ROLL BISCUITS (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
SMELLS LIKE YEAST SWEAT NIGHT - ZGK.ESTETISTA.TORINO.IT
NEVER FAIL BISCUITS | RECIPE | BISCUIT RECIPE, BAKING, RECIPES
WALMART FLOUR BULK BREAD
130 BREADS, MUFFINS AND BISCUITS IDEAS IN 2022 | RECIPES, YUMMY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make biscuits with yeast?DIRECTIONS 1 Dissolve yeast in warm water and let set for 5 minutes. 2 Mix together dry ingredients and add yeast mixture. 3 Add shortening and mix. 4 Roll out 1/4" thick and cut into biscuits. 5 Dip in melted butter and place on baking sheet. 6 Let rise for 1 1/2 hours. 7 Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. More ...
How do you make biscuits from scratch?DIRECTIONS. 1 Dissolve yeast in warm water and let set for 5 minutes. 2 Mix together dry ingredients and add yeast mixture. 3 Add shortening and mix. 4 Roll out 1/4" thick and cut into biscuits. 5 Dip in melted butter and place on baking sheet. 6 Let rise for 1 1/2 hours. 7 Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
How do you make biscuits with shortening?Yield is approximate." Dissolve yeast in warm water and let set for 5 minutes. Mix together dry ingredients and add yeast mixture. Add shortening and mix. Roll out 1/4" thick and cut into biscuits. Dip in melted butter and place on baking sheet. Let rise for 1 1/2 hours. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
How much flour do you need to make biscuits?Ingredients 1 10 ounces (about 2 cups) self-rising flour 2 2 tablespoons sugar (if making sweet shortcake-style biscuits) 3 10 ounces (about 1 1/4 cups) heavy cream, plus more for brushing