FRENCH ONION POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of sliced onions on the bottom of the baking dish. Add a sprinkle of French onion soup mix and a layer of bacon pieces, followed by layers of potato slices, shredded cheese, and cream. Continue adding layers of the remaining ingredients, ending with a layer of shredded cheese on the top.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes and onions are tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until nicely browned and bubbly, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 30.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 788.3 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
ONION ROASTED POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add onion soup mix, potatoes, and olive oil or vegetable oil, in a large bowl.
- Stir to coat.
- Put potatoes on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
CANDIE'S EASY POTATO AND ONION DISH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a 9x13 inch casserole dish, mix the potatoes, onions, butter, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake covered in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246 calories, Carbohydrate 33.4 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 163.6 mg, Sugar 4 g
ROASTED POTATOES AND ONIONS - EASY AND DELICIOUS
If you are sick and tired of mash potatoes, fries, chips and all the other ways potatoes are prepared but don't have the time for a complicated roasted vegetables dish than this is an easy and flavorful way to get 'er done.
Provided by curryfamily2012
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine potatoes and onion in a roasting pan; cover with canola oil and olive oil. Add garlic, onion soup mix, rosemary, and black pepper and stir until potatoes and onion are evenly coated. Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue to roast until potatoes and onion are browned and edges are crispy, 15 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474.3 calories, Carbohydrate 34.3 g, Fat 37 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 424.2 mg, Sugar 3 g
BAKED SEASONED POTATOES AND ONIONS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter baking dish and lay out a single layer of potatoes. Top with a layer of onions. Sprinkle with some parsley, salt and pepper and paprika. Dot with dabs of butter. Continue layering remaining ingredients. Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
ONION BAKED POTATO
This is an excellent thing side dish to bring to a bar-b-que to throw on the grill and, "Forget-about-it!" (must use your best Boston accent). I'm sorry for anybody out there who needs measurements in absolute terms-this recipe is fail proof (as long as you don't use an obscene amount of onion soup mix), so the measurements are just based on your own personal preferences and how many servings you need.
Provided by mojoloh
Yield 1-2 per potato, 1-2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Slice potato(s) into 1/2 inch thick slices (vertically, not lengthwise), and slice onions also in 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place the end potato slice on a piece of heavy duty tin foil that's big enough to roll around the newly expanded entire potato a couple times. Then, layer side by side as you reassemble the potato first a piece of potato, then a pat of butter, then and onion, then a pat of butter, then a potato again -- until it is back in a potato shape.
- Then, place some slices of butter on top of the potato and sprinkle about 1-2 tablespoons of the Lipton's Onion Soup Mix over the butter.
- Roll the whole thing up in the tin foil making sure that you seal it tightly and cook it, turning once when it is half way cooked (you may want to put a pan lined with more tin foil below it to catch any butter that may squeek out if you are oven cooking it).
- You may bake it in a 350°F preheated oven for an hour and a half, but my favorite way to cook this is to place the tin foil wrapped rolls directly on the coals of a bar-b-que for at least an hour (this will char it just a tad and add a great smokiness).
CRUNCHY ONION POTATO BAKE
- 1.) Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 3-quart saucepan, heat milk, water and margarine to boiling. Stir in contents of both pouches of potatoes (from potatoes box) just until moistened; let stand 1 minute. Stir with fork until smooth. Stir in corn.
- 2.) Spoon half of potato mixture into dish. Sprinkle with ½ each of the cheese and onions. Top with remaining potatoes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- 3.) Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden.
- * Try a new cheese, like a Mexican blend, to add extra flavor.
BAKED POTATOES WITH ONION SOUR CREAM
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick potatoes in several places with a fork. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until easily pierced with the tip of a knife, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make onion sour cream: In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Add sour cream to onion; mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato; push ends together to open. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon some onion sour cream over each potato, and sprinkle with chives. Serve.
BAKED POTATOES ON THE GRILL WITH ONION
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Slice potatoes carefully through a long side, almost to the bottom but not through, to create even, fan-like cuts.
- Pull slices apart gently and sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Place onion and butter slices between potato slices. Wrap each potato in heavy-duty aluminum foil and seal well.
- Bake on the preheated grill until soft, turning occasionally, about 1 hour. Remove from grill and let sit 10 minutes before unwrapping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533 calories, Carbohydrate 75.1 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 23.5 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 14.7 g, Sodium 228.9 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
Slightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, these potatoes are a hit with the family. This side dish is one of my favorites because the soup mix glazes the potatoes so nicely and it's very simple to prepare. -Schelby Thompson, Camden Wyoming, Delaware
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Combine all ingredients in a large plastic bag; shake until well coated. Empty bag into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY LIPTON ONION OVEN ROASTED POTATOES
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces, leaving the skin on.
- Add the potatoes, soup mixes, and olive oil to a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange potatoes in a single layer.
- Use two pans if you need to keep from crowding.
- Top potatoes with any oil/soup mix left in the bowl. Season with black pepper and garlic to taste.
- Bake at 425 for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden and crispy, flipping once halfway through cooking.
- Serve with sour cream and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.4, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 771.8, Carbohydrate 43.4, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 2.1, Protein 5
ROAST POTATOES AND ONIONS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Split potatoes in half lengthwise and cut onions in half crosswise.
- Pour oil on a jellyroll pan, preferably aluminum. Sprinkle salt over potatoes and onions; place them cut side down in one layer on oiled pan.
- Place the pan on the bottom rack of the oven (or if you want the undersides of your vegetables very crusty, on the oven floor). Bake for 40 minutes, until the potatoes and onions are tender when pierced with a fork, lightly browned on top and dark brown on the underside.
- Set aside for 10 minutes. Remove the onion skins; lift the vegetables with a spatula, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 242, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 209 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams
CARAMELIZED ONION-STUFFED BAKED POTATO
Recipe comes courtesy of Cooking Light magazine (March 2005 edition). This is definately a different way to stuff a potato and it is very delicious! Only adjustment I made to the recipe was the cooking process of the end potato. Recipe says to microwave the fully stuffed potato to melt the cheese, but I placed them in the oven for about 5 minutes with the other dish I was preparing and it worked just fine. If you like potatoes, definately give this one a try.
Provided by Chippie1
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; arroange on paper towels in microwave.
- Microwave on High for 10 minutes or until done.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Combine potato pulp, 1/4 cup cheese, sour cream, salt& pepper.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into shells.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sugar; saute 8 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in sherry, worcestershire sauce, thyme,& garlic.
- Cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Top each potato half with about 2 tablespoons onion mixture and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Microwave on high 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- (Note: can also warm potatoes in oven for a few minutes if you're already using your oven.).
CRUNCHY ONION POTATO BAKE
Potluck potatoes for a crowd! Topped with crunchy onions and layered with cheese, this dish is ready in just 30 minutes.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, water and butter to boiling. Stir in potatoes just until moistened; let stand 1 minute. Stir with fork until smooth. Stir in corn.
- Spoon half of potato mixture into dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 each of the cheese and onions. Top with remaining potatoes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 450 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
ROASTED POTATOES AND ONIONS
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray or grease lightly with olive oil.
- Put a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the dish, top with a layer of onion, sprinkle with garlic, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over it then season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until all potatoes and onion are used.
- Bake about 35-40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
ROASTED ROSEMARY ONION POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet with a rim.
- Mix onion, vegetable oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; add potato pieces and toss to coat. Spread potatoes into prepared pan in a single layer.
- Bake, turning occasionally, until potatoes are lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 113.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 151 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
TRIPLE-ONION BAKED POTATOES
I've been making twice-baked potatoes since I got married 19 years ago, and I'm constantly changing my recipe. This version features a rich filling of onions, bacon, sour cream and cheese. I like to serve these potatoes with baked ham. -Char Shanahan, Schererville, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute red and yellow onions until tender; set aside. , When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving an 1/8-in. shell. In a bowl, beat the pulp, sour cream and milk until creamy. Stir in sauteed onions, American cheese and 1 cup of bacon. Spoon into potato shells., Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, green onions and remaining bacon. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374 calories, Fat 18g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 565mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
More about "onion baked potato recipes"
27 BEST BAKED POTATO RECIPE IDEAS | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY …
SKINNY POTATO AND ONION BAKE - LIFE CURRENTS
ONION PARMESAN ROASTED POTATOES | CHEW OUT LOUD
BAKED POTATOES ONION - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
20 BEST BAKED POTATO RECIPES - FULLY LOADED BAKED POTATOES
POTATO AND ONION BAKE (BOULANGèRE POTATOES)
ONION-ROASTED POTATOES | LIPTON KITCHENS
FRENCH ONION BAKED STUFFED POTATOES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
10 BEST POTATO ONION BAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED POTATOES WITH ONIONS - EAT AT HOME
BAKED POTATOES IN FOIL BEST RECIPES
BAKED POTATOES AND ONIONS - LIDIA
POTATO ONION BAKE | MCCORMICK
FRENCH ONION TWICE BAKED POTATO - I AM HOMESTEADER
OVEN ROASTED POTATOES ONIONS AND PEPPERS RECIPES
ROASTED POTATOES AND ONIONS RECIPE - BUILD YOUR BITE
BAKED POTATOES WITH BUTTER AND ONION | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
10 BEST SLICED POTATOES AND ONIONS BAKED RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED ONION POTATOES | MCCORMICK
ONION BAKED POTATO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
45 DELICIOUS BAKED POTATO RECIPES WORTH TRYING TONIGHT
CARAMELIZED ONION-STUFFED BAKED POTATO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SIMPLE POTATO CAKE WITH ONIONS | COOKTORIA
ONION BAKED POTATOES IN FOIL (3 INGREDIENTS) - FOOD MEANDERINGS
CHEDDAR CHEESE ONION POTATOES - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONION AND MUSHROOM LOADED BAKED POTATO …
ONION SOUP ROASTED POTATOES - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
10 BEST SLICED POTATOES AND ONIONS BAKED RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONION BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
CARAMELIZED ONION TWICE-BAKED POTATOES RECIPE
RöSTI SWISS POTATO CAKE WITH ONION RECIPES
BAKED POTATOES AND ONIONS - FEED YOUR SOUL TOO
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #oven #barbecue #easy #beginner-cook #holiday-event #picnic #dietary #independence-day #low-in-something #onions #superbowl #to-go #camping #equipment #grilling #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love