SPICED APPLESAUCE BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, oil, eggs and milk; beat well. Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt; stir until smooth. Fold in the pecans. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.6 g, Cholesterol 31.3 mg, Fat 13.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 187.8 mg, Sugar 19.7 g
ORANGE SPICE YEAST BREAD (BREAD MACHINE)
I can't wait to try this very different yeast bread recipe that I found on the internet. Can't go wrong with the flavors of orange zest and spices together. Cook time is according to your bread machine.
Provided by Marie
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place ingredients in bread machine in order as per manufacturers directions.
- Use light baking or sweet bread setting.
DATE NUT SPICE BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom of an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, then butter and flour the pan.
- Combine the dates and orange liqueur in a small bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl. With the mixer on low, add the egg, vanilla, and orange zest. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. With the mixer still on low, add the flour mixture alternately with the orange juice to the creamed mixture, beating only until combined. By hand, stir in the dates with their liquid, and the pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, sugar, and orange zest on medium speed until just combined.
- Slice the bread and serve with the orange cream cheese on the side for spreading.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nuts.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter or margarine and 1 cup sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in rind and 1/2 cup juice. Pour in flour mixture, and stir until moistened. Turn into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until done. Remove loaf from oven, but not from pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup orange juice with 1/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat and stir to dissolve sugar. Spoon glaze over hot loaf. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes before removing loaf to rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.3 calories, Carbohydrate 40 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 278.2 mg, Sugar 22.9 g
ORANGE SPICE DATE NUT BREAD
This is a very old recipe from a church cook book. I changed a few things to make it my own.Just being a orange bread is unique. It is full of orange flavor. Yummy!!! Enjoy!!
Provided by Nor Mac
Categories Other Breads
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. beat the butter,sugar,and egg together.
- 2. in another bowl mix the flour,baking soda,baking powder,cinnamon.,cloves,and nutmeg. add to the sugar mixture,and stir really well.
- 3. Stir in the dates,nuts,and orange rind to the mixture.. Add in the orange juice last and stir until combined really well.
- 4. put mixture in to a greased and floured bread pan,and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes,or until pick comes out clean.
"This recipe from my grandma is an oldie but a goodie," promises Sue Gronholz from Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. "The peel of an orange (not the juice) provides the sunny flavor in these nut-studded loaves. Slices are especially yummy spread with cream cheese."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 mini loaves.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Peel orange (save fruit for another use). Place the peel in a small saucepan and cover with water; cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Drain. Cover peel again with water and cook for 3 minutes; drain. Finely chop peel; set aside. , In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in nuts and orange peel. Pour batter into three greased and floured 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 172mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
ORANGE-SPICE PUMPKIN BREAD
This pumpkin loaf has wonderful flavour and great texture, and is easy to make. I love the combination of spices. From Williams-Sonoma, the recipe came with a pumpkin loaf pan and I'm posting it for someone who lost the recipe.
Provided by Cookin-jo
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease loaf pan.
- Sift first 8 ingredients together.
- In mixer bowl beat together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and orange zest (the 2 tsp) on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree and beat another 2 minutes.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in, by hand and in two additions, the sifted dry ingredients until just barely mixed.
- Pour into the pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes on a rack and then turn upside and tap gently to remove loaf from pan.
- For the glaze:.
- Whisk all glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Pour through a sieve into a heatproof bowl.
- Brush onto warm loaf.
ORANGE-SPICE PUMPKIN BREAD
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 350F (180C). Grease the loaf pan. To make the bread, over a sheet of waxed paper, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and orange zest on medium speed until well-blended, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and pumpkin puree and beat until incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour mixture in two additions just until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make the glaze: in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the water, orange zest, ginger and granulated sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour the glaze through a fine-mesh sieve set over a heatproof measuring cup. Tap the loaf pan gently on a work surface to loosen the bread. Set the rack over a sheet of waxed paper, invert the pan onto the rack and lift off the pan. Turn the loaf upright. Using a pastry brush, brush the bread with the warm glaze. Let cool completely or serve slightly warm. Serves 10.
ORANGE SPICE BREAD
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest, allspice, cardamom and nutmeg together with a wire whisk.
- Mix the butter, honey, milk, eggs, and almond extract.
- Mix the two groups together with a wooden spoon. Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake 55 to 60 minutes.
More about "orange spice bread recipes"
HARVEST SPICE BREAD - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
5/5 (74)Category Bread
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger together in a large bowl until combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, shredded apple, shredded carrot, and milk together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently whisk until *just* combined. Fold in the walnuts. Batter will be semi-thick.
- Spread the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 – 65 minutes. (I like to loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent heavy browning on top.) Baking times vary so keep an eye on yours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out *mostly* clean with zero raw batter. Remove the bread from the oven.
- Cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack before removing and slicing. Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to about 10 days.
ORANGE SPICE BANANA BREAD - SIMPLY SATED
4.6/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory Breakfast, Quick BreadTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Place chopped nuts on baking pan and toast nuts until fragrant, 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
ORANGE SPICE HONEY BREAD | EPICURICLOUD (TINA VERRELLI)
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Bread, Breakfast, Breakfast/BrunchCalories 435 per serving See details »
ORANGE SPICE DATE BREAD | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
SPICED ORANGE POUND CAKE - MY SEQUINED LIFE
Reviews 8Category CakeCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed until creamy, about one minute. Add sugar and salt and mix on medium to medium-high speed for a few minutes until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, and nutmeg and beat until all mixed in. Add flour and beat until just combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the edges are golden and a tester (such as a toothpick) inserted into the center of the loaf comes to clean. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, and then loosen the edges with a paring knife. Carefully remove pound cake and let cool completely on a wire rack.
ORANGE-SPICED FRUIT BREAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Recipes, Healthy Bread RecipesCalories 232 per servingTotal Time 24 hrs
- Mix dough: Soak raisins, cranberries and figs in hot water for 10 minutes; drain well and let cool to barely warm. Thoroughly stir 2 cups bread (or all-purpose) flour, whole-wheat flour, aniseed, allspice, yeast and salt in a 4-quart (or larger) bowl. Thoroughly whisk 1 1/4 cups ice water, honey, molasses, oil and orange zest in a medium bowl. Vigorously stir the honey mixture and drained fruit into the dry ingredients, scraping down the sides and mixing just until the dough is thoroughly blended. The dough should be moist and somewhat sticky, but fairly stiff. If the mixture is too dry, stir in just enough additional ice water to facilitate mixing, but don't overmoisten. If the dough is too wet, stir in just enough flour to stiffen slightly. Lightly coat the top with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- First rise: Let the dough rise at room temperature (about 70 degrees F) for 12 to 18 hours; if convenient, stir once partway through the rise. For convenience (and improved flavor), you may refrigerate the dough for 3 to 12 hours before starting the first rise.
- Second rise: Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan (or similar pan with a center tube) with oil. Vigorously stir the dough to deflate it. If it is soft, stir in just enough bread (or all-purpose) flour to yield a firm but moist dough (it should be fairly hard to stir). Transfer the dough to the pan. Lightly coat the top with oil. Smooth out and press the dough evenly into the pan with oiled fingertips or a rubber spatula; if the dough springs back and is resistant, let it rest for 10 minutes, then proceed. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise at warm room temperature until the dough is about 1 inch below the pan rim (of a 10-cup pan) or until an indentation stays when pressed into the dough (if a larger pan is used), 1 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours. (For an accelerated rise, see Tip.)
SPICED ORANGE CRANBERRY BREAD - ONE HOT OVEN
4.7/5 (24)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory BreadCalories 250 per serving See details »
ORANGE SPICE BANANA BREAD - GOLDILOCKS KITCHEN
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory SnackCalories 278 per serving
- Move an oven rack to middle position and set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F. Prep a 9X4 bread pan by either spraying generously with non-stick spray, or coating with crisco and dusting with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of orange zest, sugar, mashed banana, melted butter, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla.
- Gently stir the contents of the second mixing bowl (wet ingredients) into the first mixing bowl (dry ingredients) with a wooden spoon just until no more white streaks of flour remain. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer in the center comes out clean. Dump out loaf and cool on a wire rack.
ORANGE SPICE BREAD - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCategory Bread See details »
ORANGE-SPICE PUMPKIN BREAD | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 10 See details »
ORANGE SPICE BREAD RECIPE | RECIPELAND
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrServings 1Calories 253 per serving See details »
ORANGE-SPICE BANANA BREAD | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
Servings 1 See details »
ORANGE-SPICE PUMPKIN BREAD | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
5/5 See details »
ORANGE SPICE ZUCCHINI WALNUT BREAD | CANADIAN LIVING
See details »
HONEY ORANGE BREAD BEST RECIPES - FOODRECIPESS.COM
See details »
ORANGE SPICE BREAD RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
See details »
ORANGE SPICE BREAD – EASY DESSERTS RECIPE
See details »
ORANGE SPICE BREAD | HOLIDAY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
See details »
ORANGE SPICE BREAD (ABM) RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love