ORZO WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
This recipe is a slight variation of a wonderful summer dish invented by Sarah Leah Chase in her book The Open House Cookbook.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the eggplant, bell peppers, onion, and garlic with the olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large sheet pan. Roast for 40 minutes, until browned, turning once with a spatula.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo in boiling salted water for 7 to 9 minutes, until tender. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the roasted vegetables to the pasta, scraping all the liquid and seasonings from the roasting pan into the pasta bowl.
- For the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and pour on the pasta and vegetables. Let cool to room temperature, then add the scallions, pignolis, feta, and basil. Check the seasonings, and serve at room temperature.
SARAH'S RICE PILAF
- Melt the butter in a lidded skillet over medium-low heat. Cook and stir orzo pasta until golden brown. Stir in onion and cook until onion becomes translucent, then add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Mix in the rice and chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Carbohydrate 40 g, Cholesterol 17.8 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 524.3 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
ORZO AND RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES
- Heat oil and butter in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté orzo, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add rice and sauté, stirring, until coated with oil and butter.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly stir in zucchini, then let stand, covered, 5 minutes. (Zucchini will steam.) Stir in parsley and serve sprinkled with almonds.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add orzo, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, and carrot, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini, and cook for 2 minutes more. Pour in 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and deglaze pan. Reduce heat to medium low, and season with salt and pepper. Add orzo to skillet, then stir in remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294.7 calories, Carbohydrate 48.6 g, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 30.8 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
GARLIC, HERB, ORZO AND RICE PLIAF
Garlic and fresh herbs flavor this orzo/rice combination pilaf. Vegetable broth may be used for chicken broth.
Provided by Outta Here
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to burn.
- Add orzo and rice; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. (Add more water as needed if rice and pasta are not done before liquid is absorbed).
- Stir in the onions, basil, parsley and salt.
- Serve. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top if desired.
MEDITERRANEAN ORZO VEGETABLE PILAF
This pilaf is flavored with white wine and spiced with mediterranean vegetables such as; olives, capers and chickpeas in addition to the regular onion and bell pepper. Makes a wonderful side dish.
Provided by Trisha W
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 10 inches skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, then stir in the uncooked orzo, and green onion.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the orzo is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and wine and heat until boiling, then reduce heat, cover and simmer about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peppers, chickpeas, olives and capers, and cook covered another 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most liquid is absorbed.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with the 2 T of parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309, Fat 9.6, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 2.2, Sodium 313.7, Carbohydrate 43.4, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 1.3, Protein 8.9
More about "orzo and rice pilaf with vegetables recipes"
PERFECT RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
LEMON ORZO AND RICE PILAF ~ VEGAN RECIPE ~ THIS WIFE …
STOVETOP RICE PILAF WITH ORZO - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
TURKISH RICE PILAF WITH ORZO RECIPE (FLUFFY PILAV) - GIVE …
RICE PILAF WITH ORZO – PLUS 4 FLAVOR VARIATIONS
EASY RICE PILAF WITH ORZO PASTA - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
ORZO RICE PILAF RECIPE - JUST SAY NO TO THE BOX - PEG'S …
RICE PILAF RECIPE (WITH VERMICELLI) - FLAVOR MOSAIC
ORZO AND BROWN RICE PILAF : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ORZO SALAD WITH EGGPLANT - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORZO AND RICE PILAF - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
RECIPE: RICE PILAF WITH ORZO - RECIPELINK.COM
EASY RICE PILAF WITH ORZO - A COMMUNAL TABLE
FOOD LOVIN' FAMILY - EASY, FAMILY FRIENDLY RECIPES.
TURKISH RICE PILAF WITH ORZO - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
ORZO AND RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES STEP BY STEP RECIPE WITH …
ORZO AND RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BROWN RICE PILAF WITH ORZO - COOKIN CANUCK - HEALTHY SIDE DISH
ORZO AND RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES | RECIPE | RICE PILAF, PILAF ...
BROWN RICE & ORZO PILAF RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
PERFECT RICE PILAF WITH ORZO AND SLIVERED ALMONDS
VEGGIE BROWN RICE & ORZO PILAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SEHRIYELI PILAV (TURKISH RICE PILAF WITH ORZO) RECIPE
GARLIC, HERB, ORZO & RICE PILAF RECIPE | RICE PILAF, RICE PILAF RECIPE ...
ORZO AND RICE PILAF : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ORZO AND RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES - THE DAILY DISH
TURKISH RICE PILAF WITH ORZO RECIPE - UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
ORZO AND RICE PILAF RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
ORZO SALAD - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
MOROCCAN RICE PILAF WITH SAFFRON RECIPE
ORZO AND RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
VEGETABLE RICE PILAF RECIPE • VEGGIE SOCIETY
ORZO AND RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES | RECIPE | RICE PILAF, ORZO, PILAF
RECIPES > APPETIZERS > HOW TO MAKE LEMON ORZO PILAF
QUICK AND EASY ORZO PILAF RECIPE WITH VEGGIES | QUICK AND TASTY …
MUSHROOM AND SAUSAGE RICE PILAF - THERESCIPES.INFO
MEDITERRANEAN ORZO VEGETABLE PILAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love