- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Leaving peel on, cut the potatoes into 6 lengthwise to make long wedges, about 3/4-inch to 1-inch wide. Combine the potatoes, oil, salt and cayenne on the baking sheet and toss to combine. (1 less bowl to wash) Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, so a cut side is in contact with the pan, but evenly spaced so the potatoes aren't touching each other. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 30 minutes. Slip a spatula under the potatoes to turn them over and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and serve immediately.
CRISPY LAYERED THYME POTATOES
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slice the peeled potatoes as finely as possible on a mandolin, with the fine slicing blade of a food processor, or with a very sharp knife. (The more finely you slice them, the quicker and more evenly they will cook.)
- Pat the potatoes dry with a clean tea towel and tip into a large bowl. Pour over the melted butter, sprinkle over the thyme and some salt (preferably sea salt or rock salt), and toss until each slice is coated in butter.
- In a roasting tin, measuring about 20 x 20cm, assemble the potato slices vertically, tightly packed together like a deck of cards, until the dish is full and you've used all the potatoes. Sprinkle with a little more salt and place in the oven for 45-50 mins until crisp and cooked. Use a skewer or small sharp knife to check that the potatoes are completely soft and cooked in the centre. Serve from the tin alongside the lamb.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 55 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
OVEN-FRIED POTATO WEDGES
Looking for a flavorful side dish? Then check out these oven-fried potato wedges mixed with salt, sugar, paprika, mustard and garlic powder - ready in 40 minutes!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 425°. Mix salt, sugar, paprika, mustard and garlic powder.
- Gently scrub potatoes, but do not peel. Cut each potato lengthwise in half; cut each half lengthwise into 4 wedges. Place potato wedges, skin sides down, in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Spray potatoes with cooking spray until lightly coated. Sprinkle with salt mixture. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork. (Baking time will vary depending on the size and type of the potato used.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 450 mg
OVEN-FRIED POTATO CHIPS WITH THYME
- Preheat oven to 400°F Brush 2 large baking sheets with some oil or spray with PAM*.
- Peel the potatoes and slice very thin, using a mandoline or slicer. Immediately arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking sheets. Brush with remaining oil or spray with PAM*.
- Bake in the center of the oven until golden, 12--15 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks while still hot.
- Sprinkle chips with thyme and salt to taste.
- Cool completely.
- Chips may be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.8, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 2.7, Sodium 9.9, Carbohydrate 28.2, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 1.3, Protein 3.3
OVEN-FRIED POTATO CHIPS WITH THYME
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush 2 large baking sheets well with some oil.
- Peel potatoes and with a mandoline or other hand-held slicing device cut length-wise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Immediately arrange potatoes in one layer on baking sheets and brush with remaining oil.
- Bake potatoes in middle of oven until golden, 12 to 15 minutes, and while still warm transfer with a metal spatula to racks. Sprinkle with thyme and salt to taste. Chips may be made 3 days ahead. Cool chips completely and keep in an airtight container at room temperature.
QUICK & CRISPY HOME FRIES
- Arrange potato pieces evenly on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until just tender, about 4 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Cut potatoes into bite-size chunks.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When butter melts and starts to turn brown, swirl the pan and add the potatoes. Shake pan to arrange in an even layer. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- As potatoes brown, toss them and keep turning them every few minutes until they are crusty and crispy-edged and a rich reddish-brown color, 10 to 12 minutes. If potatoes seem to be cooking too quickly, reduce heat to medium. Serve topped with chopped chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612.5 calories, Carbohydrate 101.1 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 7.4 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 146.9 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
More about "oven fried potato chips with thyme recipes"
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS (OVEN-BAKED) - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
5/5 (24)Total Time 25 minsCategory SnacksCalories 92 per serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the potato slices (2 cups) and olive oil (1 tablespoon). Mix well so every surface of every slice of potato is covered evenly- you may want to use your hands for this, since the sliced potatoes may stick together.
- Place the sliced potatoes on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they don't overlap (but they can touch a little on the edges). Sprinkle them evenly with the kosher salt (1 teaspoon) and any other spices you want to use. Bake in the top half of the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Turn OFF the oven and allow to sit in oven while it cools off 15-30 minutes (this is optional if you're in a hurry, but highly recommended, as it will make the potatoes crispier. Keep an eye on them though- the residual heat can quickly burn them if you aren't careful!).
OVEN FRIED POTATO CHIPS | RECIPELION.COM
Category VegetablesEstimated Reading Time 1 min
OVEN-FRIED POTATO CHIPS RECIPE
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory Side Dish, Snack, PotatoCalories 430 per serving
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED POTATOES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (152)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 306 per serving
NEW POTATO 'OVEN FRIES', THYME FOR COOKING EASY SIDE DISH.
10 BEST OVEN FRIED POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
OVEN-BAKED POTATO CHIPS WITH ROSEMARY | EASY POTATO CHIPS ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory SnackServings 4Total Time 27 mins
- In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Dip the potato slices into a bowl and toss to lightly coat.
OVEN BAKED POTATO CHIPS - VEENA AZMANOV
Ratings 5Total Time 30 minsCategory SideCalories 111 per serving
OVEN FRIED POTATO CHIPS WITH THYME RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 1230 per serving
OVEN FRIED POTATO CHIP CHICKEN - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
5/5 (53)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanCalories 540 per serving
OVEN ROASTED PARMESAN POTATOES WEDGES - ALL INFORMATION ...
OVEN FRIED POTATO CHIPS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FRIED ROSEMARY POTATOES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
OVEN FRIED POTATO CHIPS RECIPES
BAKED POTATO WEDGES RECIPE OVEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
OVEN BAKED POTATO ROUNDS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
DEEP FRIED POTATO CHIP RECIPES - FOOD-FAQ.COM
OVEN-FRIED POTATO CHIPS WITH THYME
FRIED POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - FOOD-FAQ.COM
POTATO CHIPS AND THYME RECIPES (23) - SUPERCOOK
DEEP FRIED POTATO CHIPS RECIPE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #lunch #snacks #oven #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook potato chips in oven?Instructions Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F. Wash the potatoes well. If you prefer peel potatoes ( I prefer to leave the potato skin on). Slice them as thin as you can. The thinner the slices the crispier the chips. Place them in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and any seasoning you want (such as rosemary, lemon, garlic, paprika).
How to cook baked potatoes in oven?Instructions 1 Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. ... 2 In a large bowl, mix together the potato slices (2 cups) and olive oil (1 tablespoon). ... 3 Place the sliced potatoes on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they don't overlap (but they can touch a little on the edges). ... 4 Serve potato chips plain or with your favorite dipping sauce.
How do you make fried potatoes crispy?The potatoes are cubed and oven-fried to golden perfection with some garlic and chunks of onion. Due to the high temperature, the surface of the potatoes comes out golden brown and crispy.
How do you make potato chips with nori?All you have to do is crush some nori in a food processor until it's coarse, then sprinkle them on the potato chips as soon as they are out of the oven. Nori is a bit salty, so add less seasoning to the potatoes. Potatoes - It's best to use baking potatoes like Yukon gold for these as they hold their shape better.