QUICK-BUT-YUMMY OYSTER STEW
- Stir the evaporated milk and water together in a large pot over medium-low heat; bring to a gentle boil.
- Stir butter into the liquid. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts completely, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir the oysters into the liquid; continue cooking at a simmer until the edges of the oysters begin to curl, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 155.3 mg, Fat 41.1 g, Protein 13.3 g, SaturatedFat 25.1 g, Sodium 426.5 mg, Sugar 11.4 g
OYSTER STEW WITH EVAPORATED MILK
- Place the carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, and bouillon cubes in a stock pot; pour enough water over the vegetables to cover. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; allow to boil for 30 minutes. Add the oysters with their juices and 1 teaspoon black pepper; boil another 3 minutes; reduce heat to low. Stir in the evaporated milk and butter; cook and stir until the butter melts completely. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.1 calories, Carbohydrate 48.1 g, Cholesterol 69.7 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 13.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 991.4 mg, Sugar 10 g
- In a large saute pan, melt the 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, stirring constantly and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onions and celery and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the milk and oyster liquid. Season the mixture with salt, cayenne and black pepper. Bring the liquid up to a simmer. Simmer the liquid for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the oysters, garlic and parsley. Bring the liquid back up to a simmer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the oysters curl. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remove from the heat. Ladle the soup into the terrine.
OYSTER STEW SUPREME
Don't let the list of ingredients intimidate you - this actually goes together very quickly and makes a perfect last minute hearty and satisfying dinner.
Provided by Sherri Dodsworth
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Sauté diced bacon in a non-stick soup pot over low heat until rendered.
- Add butter and heat until melted.
- Add onions, celery and garlic and continue to cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until translucent, taking care not to let them brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, pinch of cayenne, thyme and Wondra or other fine white flour, whisking steadily to make a roux.
- Cook, whisking steadily, for several minutes.
- Slowly whisk in clam juice, whisking until smooth, then sherry, whisking until smooth.
- Whisk in cream, whisking until smooth, then whisk in evaporated milk, whisking until smooth.
- Raise heat slightly, stir while bringing just until it starts to boil, then lower heat and whisk until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in oysters with their liquor, several dashes of Worcestershire sauce and the chopped parsley.
- Continue to heat, stirring occasionally, until oysters curl at the edges indicating they are heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.8, Fat 35.2, SaturatedFat 20.7, Cholesterol 136.2, Sodium 367.2, Carbohydrate 14.6, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 2.1, Protein 10.5
OYSTER STEW WITH VEGETABLES
- Cut up any large vegetables.
- In a 3 quart saucepan combine vegetables, onions, bouillon granules, peppers, bay leaf and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes.
- Do not drain.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Heat through.
- Add undrained oysters to vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until edges of oysters curl, stirring frequently.
- If using canned oysters, just heat through.
- Remove bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245.9, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 70.7, Sodium 316.3, Carbohydrate 22.1, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 0.5, Protein 16.4
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and celery; cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Do not brown. Add milk, cream, salt, cayenne, white pepper, and liquor. Bring just to a boil; cook, barely simmering, 5 minutes. Add oysters; cook just until edges curl, 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish with paprika; hot sauce, if using; and crackers. Serve.
- Heat butter in saucepan and add celery and onion. Cook, stirring, without browning, about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and cream and bring to the simmer. Add Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add oysters with their liquor and let simmer about three minutes or until oysters start to curl. Do not overcook or oysters will toughen. Serve in heated soup bowls with equal portions of parsley sprinkled on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 494, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 25 grams, Sodium 808 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "oyster stew with evaporated milk recipes"
OYSTER STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
OYSTER STEW | RECIPIES FROM SAVANNAH, GA RESTAURANTS | SAVANNAH ...
EASY OYSTER STEW RECIPE - BLESSED BEYOND CRAZY
OYSTER STEW RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
CLASSIC OYSTER STEW RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
OYSTER OR SALMON STEW RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
OYSTER STEW RECIPE | QUICK AND EASY - YOUTUBE
EASY OYSTER STEW RECIPE | A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
OYSTER STEW, THE OLD-FASHIONED WAY: #RECIPE
10 BEST OYSTER STEW WITH FRESH OYSTERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
MAMA MACIE’S OYSTER STEW - PAULA DEEN
SPECIAL OYSTER STEW RECIPE BY MICROWAVE.LADY | IFOOD.TV
OYSTER STEW WITHOUT MILK - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY OYSTER STEW - DEEP SOUTH DISH
MARYLAND OYSTER STEW RECIPE | VISITMARYLAND.ORG
EASY HOMEMADE OYSTER STEW RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
OYSTER STEW EVAPORATED MILK - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
LOW CARB OYSTER STEW - FARM TO JAR FOOD
CLASSIC CREAMY OYSTER STEW - THE SPLENDID TABLE
CLASSIC OYSTER STEW WITH FENNEL RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
EASY OYSTER STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OYSTER STEW - GYPSYPLATE
10 BEST OYSTER STEW BUTTER AND MILK RECIPES | YUMMLY
OYSTER STEW RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
OLD-FASHIONED OYSTER STEW – A COALCRACKER IN THE KITCHEN
OYSTER STEW RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
BASIC AND EASY OYSTER STEW RECIPE ONLY 30 MINUTES - FISHERMEN'S …
OYSTER STEW | WILLIAMS SONOMA
CLASSIC CREAMY FRESH OYSTER STEW RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
BEST OYSTER STEW RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
OYSTER STEW WITH EVAPORATED MILK | RECIPE | OYSTER STEW, COOKING …
OYSTER STEW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
FAMILY FAVORITE OYSTER STEW - SWEET & SAVORY
VIRGINIA OYSTER STEW - THE SEASONED MOM
OYSTER STEW WITH COCONUT MILK - OYSTER OBSESSION
THE 10 BEST OYSTER STEW RECIPES - BOSS OYSTER
OYSTER STEW SUPREME RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | OYSTER STEW, …
OYSTER STEW RECIPE WITH CANNED OYSTERS - SNACK RULES
You'll also love