PALAK PANEER RECIPE | SPINACH PANEER
Palak paneer recipe - Indian cottage cheese simmered in onion tomato spinach gravy. This palak paneer is one of the best you can make at home. Tastes simply delicious, creamy and easy to make. Serve with roti, basmati rice or naan.
Provided by Swasthi
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Pluck only the young & tender spinach leaves and discard the stems as they may leave a bitter taste. If using baby spinach you can use the stems as well.
- Add them to a large pot of water. Rinse them well few times & drain to a colander.
- Allow the water to drain completely otherwise it will let out lot of moisture while cooking.
- Heat half tablespoon oil in a pan. Saute green chilies, cashews and spinach for 3 to 4 mins until the leaves wilt off thoroughly & raw smell of spinach has gone away. [OR another option is to blanch the palak in 4 cups of hot water with ¼ tsp salt for 2 mins. Then immerse in ice cold water. Drain completely.]
- Cool this completely. Blend this along with ¼ cup water to a smooth puree. The puree should be smooth and thick. You may add 1 to 2 tbsps more water to help in blending.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and half tablespoon oil to the same pan, Once they melt, add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves & cumin seeds.
- When the spices begin to sizzle, add onions and fry till they turn transparent to golden.
- Next saute ginger garlic paste for 1 to 2 minutes or until you begin to smell it nice.
- Then add tomatoes with salt. Saute until they break down and turn mushy.
- Add garam masala & saute until the masala smells good. This may take 2 mins. (for a smoother curry refer notes)
- Pour ¾ cup water and cook covered until onions are completely soft. There should be some water left in the pan. (for consistency check video)
- Lower the flame, add kasuri methi and pureed spinach. Mix well and cook until it begins to bubble for about 2 to 3 mins. If the curry is too thick you may add a few tbsps of hot water.
- Avoid overcooking. Add paneer & mix well. Turn off and remove to a serving bowl. Optionally garnish with cream.
- Serve palak paneer with naan, roti or Jeera rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350 kcal, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 10 g, Fat 30 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Cholesterol 54 mg, Sodium 739 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PALAK PANEER (INDIAN FRESH SPINACH WITH PANEER CHEESE)
Creamy and rich, a delight to eat. A dish I fell in love with at a local restaurant and adapted a recipe to closely resemble theirs.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cut spinach into shreds and cook in 3 tablespoons water until tender; remove from heat.
- Saute onion, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger in 1-2 tablespoons ghee or oil until onion is translucent.
- Then add garlic and chopped tomatoes, and reduce heat.
- Cook this briefly and slowly blend in yogurt a little at a time to prevent curdling.
- Add coriander, garam masala, paprika, and salt, mixing well.
- Add cooked spinach with liquid, cover and simmer on low heat for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take half of spinach mixture and puree in food processor or blender, and return to mixture and stir.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream, and heat through on low heat.
- Add paneer cubes.
PALAK PANEER - INDIAN SPINACH CURRY WITH HOMEMADE FRESH CHEESE
Recipe video above. A dish this iconic demands to be made properly - from scratch, with lots of fresh spinach and homemade paneer (Indian fresh cheese!) This is a magnificent vegetarian curry, packed with an extraordinary amount of nutrition and goodness!
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Saute onion & spices: Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, fenugreek, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes until onion is softened but not golden.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato and chilli, cook for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add spinach: Add about 1/3 of the spinach - or as much as you can handle in the pot (!) - and stir until wilted. Then add more spinach along with the water, cook again until wilted. Repeat until all the spinach is wilted.
- Cook 10 minutes: Cook, stirring every now and then, for 10 minutes still on a medium heat.
- Cream & lemon: Add the cream and lemon juice. Cook, stirring gently, for 3 minutes.
- Puree half spinach: Remove half the spinach into a tall container and blend it to a puree using a stick blender. Pour pureed spinach back into the pot, and stir to combine.
- Add Pan Fried Paneer: Gently stir in golden pan-fried paneer (see below). Stir gently to mix through.
- Serve over basmati rice with fluffy, chewy homemade naan on the side!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510 kcal, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 16 g, Fat 39 g, SaturatedFat 24 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 127 mg, Sodium 647 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 20 g, ServingSize 1 serving
I LOVE PALAK PANEER (SPINACH AND CHEESE CURRY)
This luscious spinach and cheese dish comes from Northern India, the home of paneer, a fresh cow-milk cheese similar to ricotta. It's sold near the feta and haloumi in supermarkets, either of these two cheeses can replace paneer here, but the results wont be exactly the same. When I made this, I did use a soft feta, which melted into the spinach and gave me the most creamy rich curry you can imagine. I also upped the amount of the garam masala, to give a hotter result, and I sauteed some shrimps in garlic and butter, and served them with the curry, we enjoyed an excellent meal! The recipe is taken from Australian Womens Weekly, New Curries UPDATED to add ( thank you Peggy :) ), that previously step 2 said to add half the spinach at that step, I've changed it to say, add all the spinach.
Provided by Karen Elizabeth
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in large frying pan; cook spices, onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens.
- Add lemon juice and spinach: cook, stirring, until wilted.
- Blend or process spinach mixture until smooth, return to pan, stir in cream.
- Add in paneer, cook over low heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on steamed rice.
PALAK PANEER (INDIAN SPINACH AND PANEER)
- Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; fry paneer cubes until lightly browned on each side, about 5 minutes. Transfer paneer to a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in the same skillet used to cook paneer over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and cook until seeds are slightly red. Stir water, spinach, tomato, garlic, chile peppers, ginger, curry powder, ground coriander, and ground turmeric into cumin seeds. Season with salt.
- Bring spinach mixture to a boil and simmer until garlic is very soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add spinach puree and paneer cubes. Simmer until hot, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.1 calories, Carbohydrate 16.3 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 586.3 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
EASY PALAK PANEER
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, red pepper flakes, curry powder, cumin, and salt; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix water, spinach, tomatoes, and ginger into the onion mixture; simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir paneer until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir pureed spinach mixture into skillet with paneer. Cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16.3 g, Cholesterol 11.3 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 14.6 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 772.6 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
More about "palak paneer indian fresh spinach with paneer cheese recipes"
INDIAN-STYLE FRESH CHEESE WITH SPINACH: PALAK PANEER ...
Cuisine AsianCategory Main-DishServings 6Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
BEST PALAK PANEER: SPINACH WITH INDIAN CHEESE RECIPES ...
2.9/5 (41)Total Time 30 minsServings 3
INSTANT POT PALAK PANEER / SPINACH WITH COTTAGE CHEESE ...
PALAK PANEER/SEASONED SPINACH WITH PANEER CHEESE
PALAK PANEER RECIPE : SBS FOOD
PALAK PANEER - SPINACH AND COTTAGE CHEESE)
FOOD SAFARI'S PALAK PANEER | INDIAN RECIPES | SBS FOOD
PALAK PANEER RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE PALAK PANEER | SPINACH ...
THE BEST HOMEMADE PALAK PANEER RECIPE - FEASTING AT …
PALAK PANEER RECIPE | RESTAURANT STYLE AND HOMESTYLE …
INDIAN-STYLE FRESH CHEESE WITH SPINACH: PALAK PANEER ...
HOW TO MAKE PANEER (FRESH INDIAN CHEESE) | RECIPETIN EATS
PALAK PANEER RECIPE | INDIAN COTTAGE CHEESE IN SPINACH ...
SPINACH WITH FRESH INDIAN CHEESE (SAAG PANEER)
PALAK PANEER – INDIAN SPINACH CURRY WITH CHEESE – MIDORI ...
PALAK PANEER INDIAN FRESH SPINACH WITH PANEER CHEESE ...
PALAK PANEER CURRY (SPINACH COTTAGE CHEESE)
PALAK PANEER RECIPE | SPINACH WITH INDIAN CHEESE - FEAST ...
PALAK PANEER - INDIAN SPINACH DISH WITH FRESH CHEESE ...
PALAK PANEER - FRESHFARM
PALAK PANEER | INDIAN CURRY WITH PANEER(CHEESE) AND SPINACH
INDIAN PALAK PANEER (SPINACH -CHEESE CURRY ...
PALAK PANEER – INDIAN CHEESE WITH SPINACH - RECIPE | SPICE ...
PALAK PANEER RECIPE (INDIAN SPINACH CURRY WITH PANEER ...
PALAK PANEER- SPINACH WITH INDIAN COTTAGE CHEESE - COOK ...
PALAK PANEER - PUREED SPINACH WITH COTTAGE CHEESE
PALAK PANEER (SPINACH PANEER CURRY): TIPS AND EASY PALAK ...
PALAK PANEER RECIPE || COTTAGE CHEESE AND SPINACH RECIPE ...
MASALA PALAK PANEER - SAUTEED SPINACH WITH CHEESE
HEALTHY MUSHROOM PALAK PANEER-SPINACH WITH INDIAN COTTAGE ...
You'll also love