BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS
One of the easiest recipes for onions you can find. Great as a side dish or on an antipasti platter.
Provided by Deborah Mele
Categories Vegetables - Onions
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the onions and slice crossways in half.
- Put olive oil along with the butter into an ovenproof casserole large enough to hold all of the onion halves.
- Whisk in the vinegar, wine, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Place the onion slices side by side in the dish, cut side down.
- Cover loosely with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn onions over, and brush with juices in the pan.
- Uncover, and bake another 20 to 25 minutes or until onions are tender and browned.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature, topped with fresh chopped herb of choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226 calories, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 15 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 9 grams fat, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 2 halves, Sodium 153 grams sodium, Sugar 23 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams unsaturated fat
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS
This is a recipe I got in epicurious. It is one of those 'perfect' things you so rarely come across - nothing can be improved upon. Epicurious says it feeds 10. My husband and I say 'HA!!!' (it sometimes never makes it to the table and is eaten directly out of the pan).
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Position 1 rack in center and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 500°F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with foil.
- Cut onions crosswise nearly, but not quite, all the way through. Make two or three more sectional cuts - always stopping before you cut through, so that onion is in 3/4-inch-thick wedges (the onion stays attached at one end and resembles an onion 'flower' (with very thick petals ;-) ).
- Place in medium bowl; toss with oil.
- Arrange onions, cut side down, on baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until onions are brown and tender, rotating pans in oven and turning onions once, about 45 minutes (they will caramelize and be quite dark in parts but, if you have coated them well with olive oil, will not have a 'burnt' taste).
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vinegar.
- Return to heat.
- Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- (Onions and balsamic glaze can be made 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover separately and chill. Rewarm onions in 375°F oven about 15 minutes. Stir glaze over low heat to rewarm.) Arrange onions on platter.
- Drizzle glaze over.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.7, Fat 12.5, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 18.3, Sodium 70.7, Carbohydrate 22.4, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 12.9, Protein 2.1
PAN-ROASTED TOMATOES WITH QUICK BALSAMIC JAM
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until smoking. Add the tomatoes to the dry pan and cook, turning a few times, until charred on all sides but still holding their shape, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onions and then immediately pour in the vinegar. Stir in the confectioners' sugar until dissolved. Cook, stirring often, until the onions soften and the vinegar thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. (The onions should retain some bite; the vinegar should be reduced and be slightly syrupy.) Pour into a serving bowl, making sure to scrape out all the contents of the skillet. Season with the flaky sea salt and drizzle olive oil over the top. Garnish with the basil.
PAN-ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS
We mixed leeks with equal amounts of red and white pearl onions and cipollini (flat little Italian onions), but you can use any combination of small, sweet onions.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dinner Recipes Dinner Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add white and red pearl and cipollini onions, and boil for 1 minute. Drain. Let stand until cool enough to handle, then carefully peel, leaving root and stem ends intact. Transfer to a large bowl, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, remove any damaged outer leaves from leeks, then trim and discard dark-green tops. Trim roots of leeks without cutting off the base. Cut them in half lengthwise, and let soak in a large bowl of cold water for 5 to 10 minutes to rid them of dirt and sand. Lift leeks from water, pat dry, and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and leeks. Saute leeks until slightly tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove leeks from skillet, and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil and white, red, and cipollini onions to skillet, and saute turning occasionally, until browned all over, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and add balsamic vinegar and stock; cover skillet, and cook until onions are tender, 20 to 30 minutes, adding the leeks to pan after 10 to 15 minutes. Uncover, and add butter; increase heat to high, and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until liquid reduces to a glaze and coats the onions, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper if desired, and serve immediately.
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS
- Cut ends off onions, leaving stem and core intact. Quarter onions through core and peel away skin.
- Place onions in a large resealable bag with balsamic dressing, tarragon, and garlic. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove onions from refrigerator 30 minutes before roasting and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place onions cut side up in prepared baking pan and pour marinade over top. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until fork tender. (If onions begin to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil.)
STEAK WITH ROASTED SWEET ONIONS IN BALSAMIC VINEGAR
This is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Perfect for a romatic meal (with leftovers) or for a fancy barbeque with your favorite friends! Prep time includes marinating the steaks overnight.
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Prepare steak: Marinate the steak overnight in the refrigerator with the garlic, rosemary, olive oil and soy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare onions: Peel the onions and slice them 3/4-inch thick.
- In heavy saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Arrange onion disks in pan in a single layer so they all touch the bottom.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes without turning, until brown on one side.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper.
- Turn the onion disks over without separating them.
- Cook on the other side for 6 to 8 minutes.
- When brown, add half the vinegar and reduce until nearly evaporated.
- Stir the onions, separating them into rings.
- Add remaining vinegar to the pan and cook until almost evaporated.
- Remove onions from pan and allow to cool.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper, and grill on both sides to desired doneness (about 8 minutes total for medium rare).
- Slice steak and arrange on plate, garnished with the onions.
I love Roasted Onions - no peeling, and the cut surfaces turn rich caramel brown.
Provided by Ben S.
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Onion
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position; heat to 425 degrees.
- Cut onions in half; toss with oil and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place, cut-side down, on a lipped cookie sheet.
- Roast until tender and cut surfaces are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Adjust seasonings; drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.3 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 148.6 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS
Categories Onion Side Roast Quick & Easy Vinegar Winter Bon Appétit
Yield Makes 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Position 1 rack in center and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 500°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Cut onions through root end into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. Place in medium bowl; toss with oil. Arrange onions, cut side down, on baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until onions are brown and tender, rotating pans in oven and turning onions once, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add vinegar. Return to heat. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. (Onions and balsamic glaze can be made 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover separately and chill. Rewarm onions in 375°F oven about 15 minutes. Stir glaze over low heat to rewarm.)
- Arrange onions on platter. Drizzle glaze over. Sprinkle with parsley.
More about "pan roasted balsamic onions recipes"
BALSAMIC ROASTED SWEET PEPPERS AND (OPTIONAL) ONIONS - RECIPE …
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED BALSAMIC MUSHROOMS & ONIONS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS - STAY AT HOME MUM
PAN ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED RED ONIONS | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
PAN-ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CIPOLLINI ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE (CIPOLLINI AGRODOLCE)
ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST RECIPES, CHICKEN …
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS - PLAIN.RECIPES
PAN ROASTED SWEET ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC. - SIMPLE JOYFUL FOOD
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS ***** – NANA'S RECIPES
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BALSAMIC-GLAZED RED ONIONS
BALSAMIC-ROASTED RED ONIONS | RECIPE | FOOD & STYLE
ASTRAY RECIPES: PAN ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS
PAN-ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS - PAULA DEEN
BALSAMIC GLAZED RED ONIONS RECIPE – DOWNLOAD RECIPE VIDEOS
ROASTED BALSAMIC ONION RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS RECIPE
PAN ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS | BALSAMIC ONIONS, ONION RECIPES, …
PAN ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS « RECIPICKS.COM
SWEET BALSAMIC ROASTED CARROTS AND ONIONS - KITCHEN DIVAS
PAN-ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS RECIPE
BALSAMIC LONDON BROIL WITH ROASTED ONIONS - JAMIE GELLER
BALSAMIC ROASTED APPLES AND ONIONS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SEARED STEAK WITH BALSAMIC RED SPRING ONIONS
ROASTED CIPOLLINI ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC - PORTSIDE CUISINE
GREEN BEANS AND PAN-ROASTED RED ONIONS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED BALSAMIC CHICKEN WITH BRUSSELS SPROUTS - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
BALSAMIC CHICKEN WITH ROASTED POTATOES, RED ONION, TOMATOES
RECIPES: PAN ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS | WEELICIOUS
ROASTED BALSAMIC PEARL ONIONS RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
SHEET PAN CHICKEN SAUSAGES WITH BALSAMIC PEPPERS & ONIONS
BALSAMIC HERB SHEET PAN ROASTED VEGETABLES - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
ONE PAN PORK CHOPS WITH BALSAMIC MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
POT ROAST WITH BALSAMIC ONIONS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love