PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAMY CHICKEN SAUCE
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until it releases its juices and is almost cooked through, about 7 minutes. Add onion and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a rapid simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and add to sauce, tossing to combine and adding enough pasta water to create a creamy sauce that coats pasta. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 746 g, Fat 42 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 33 g
- Whisk the "00" flour and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, then make a well in the center. Whisk the whole eggs and egg yolk with the olive oil and 2 tablespoons water in a measuring cup, then pour into the well. Stir together until a craggy dough forms. (If the dough is too crumbly, add up to 1 more tablespoon water.) Turn out the dough onto a generously floured surface and knead, folding the dough onto itself, until smooth, about 10 minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate overnight; bring the dough to room temperature before using.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Cover 3 of the pieces and set aside. On a semolina- dusted surface, roll out the remaining piece of dough as thin as possible with a rolling pin so it is nearly see-through. Roll up the sheet into a thin log. Slice crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick strips. Transfer the pasta to a baking sheet dusted with semolina, then sprinkle with more semolina. Repeat with the remaining dough. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to cook.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pappardelle and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Toss with your sauce, adding the reserved cooking water as needed to loosen.
PAPPARDELLE WITH BOLOGNESE SAUCE
- Put the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the ground meats, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until thoroughly browned and crisp, about 12 minutes. Add more oil as needed if the meat is sticking to the pan.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and a heavy pinch of salt to the meat and continue cooking, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk together the tomato paste and white wine in a small bowl. Add to the pot and use a wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the bottom of the pan is dry, about 8 minutes.
- Tie the thyme and sage together with some twine to form a bundle and add to the pan. Stir in the chicken stock and season with salt. (Taste to check the seasoning.) Bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce the heat to maintain a low simmer. Cover and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce simmers, make the pappardelle: Divide the Fresh Pasta dough in half, working with one half at a time and keeping the other half wrapped. Set up a pasta roller attachment on a stand mixer (or secure a hand roller to the side of your work surface) and set it on the widest setting. Lightly dust a baking sheet and work surface with semolina and roll out your dough with a rolling pin until it is thin enough to pass through the pasta roller. Turn on the pasta roller and pass the dough through once, then fold in half, dust with semolina, and put through the roller again. (Keep dusting lightly with semolina flour as needed if the dough seems sticky or damp.) After the second pass through the roller, fold the dough into thirds (like a letter) and roll out one side slightly with a rolling pin so it is thin enough to pass through the machine. Pass through the machine, fold in half again, and pass through one more time. Go to the next setting and pass the dough through twice without folding. Go to third setting and pass through twice. Repeat with the fourth and fifth settings, passing the dough through twice on each.
- Coat the rolled dough with semolina and cut the long sheet of pasta into 10- to 12-inch pieces (you should have three). Stack them on top of each other, sprinkling semolina flour between each sheet. Once all the pieces are stacked, fold the stack in half, then fold in half again. Cut the dough crosswise into strips that are 3/4 to 1 inch wide. Unfold and separate the noodles and place on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are coated with semolina. (If not cooking right away, make 3 small nests, put in resealable plastic bags and freeze until ready to cook.) Repeat the rolling and cutting process with the remaining pasta dough.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a rapid boil.
- When the sauce is thick and the flavors are well developed, remove the herb bundle. Stir in the cream and set aside until ready to serve.
- Drop 3 servings of pasta (half the full amount of noodles) into the boiling water and stir immediately. Leave the pasta to cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer about 1 1/2 cups sauce to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the noodles are done, use tongs to transfer them to the pan. Allow some of the pasta water to get in the pan to help thicken the sauce. Toss well and add more sauce if necessary; simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Finish with grated Parmesan and toss again. Divide among 3 bowls and serve with more Parmesan. Repeat with the remaining pappardelle and sauce (you will have some sauce left over).
- Mound the flour in the center of a clean countertop or cutting board. Make a well in the center of the flour 3 to 4 inches wide.
- Crack the eggs into the well and add a pinch of salt. Using a fork, break the yolks and begin to beat the eggs as you would if making scrambled eggs.
- Continue stirring the eggs with a fork in large circles, slowly incorporating the flour. When the eggs form a thick mass and become difficult to stir, about 3 minutes, fold the loose flour from the edges into the pile with a bench scraper and knead until a smooth dough forms. Discard any excess flour.
- Shape the dough into a flat disk, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and set aside to rest for 20 minutes before rolling. If waiting more than 1 hour, refrigerate or freeze the dough. The dough will keep refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM AND PINE NUT SAUCE
Anyone who likes mushrooms and enjoys their pasta sweet and creamy should try this. I normally prefer spicier food, but made this for dinner last night and thought it was delicious. I heated the left-overs in the microwave for lunch today, and the sauce tasted even better. I used lite cream and penne rigate in place of the pappardelle. Recipe was recently featured on Australian television cooking show, Fresh.
Provided by Soobeeoz
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to packet instructions until al dente; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large fry pan over medium heat and cook garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and cook a further 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Stir in cream, half the cheese, pine nuts and sultanas and simmer gently until heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add sauce to hot pasta and stir through flat-leaf parsley.
- Serve pasta topped with remaining parmesan.
More about "pappardelle with creamy chicken sauce recipes"
CREAMY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM PAPPARDELLE - SCRUMMY …
4.4/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 637 per serving
- Heat up the oil in a large pan, then stir fry the chicken for a few minutes until cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the mushrooms to the pan you cooked the chicken in and cook until softened (a few minutes). Add the garlic and cook for a minute longer, then add the drizzle of wine and let sizzle for a moment.
- Add the zest to the pan, followed by the crème fraiche or cream and parsley. Lift the pappardelle out of the cooking water and add directly to the pan using tongs.
ANTONI'S CREAMY PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND BACON …
4.2/5 (187)Category EntréesAuthor Antoni Porowski
10 BEST CHICKEN PAPPARDELLE PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAPPARDELLE PASTA RECIPE - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAMY CHICKEN SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
CHICKEN PAPPARDELLE WITH CAMBOZOLA CHEESE SAUCE – …
CREAMY LEMON PASTA - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
CREAMY CHICKEN ALFREDO PAPPARDELLE - KATHRYN'S KITCHEN
PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAMY CHICKEN SAUCE - PUTTING IT ALL …
PAPPARDELLE WITH A CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE | ITALY …
PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAMY CHICKEN SAUCE - MEAL PLANNER PRO
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 35 minsCategory DinnerCalories 591 per serving
CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN PAPPARDELLE - WITH SPICE
CHICKEN BREAST WITH PAPPARDELLE AND CREAMY SPINACH SAUCE
RECIPE: SAUTéED CHICKEN BREAST WITH PAPPARDELLE AND CREAMY …
PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAM SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
10 BEST CHICKEN PAPPARDELLE PASTA RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN LIVERS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE
PAPPARDELLE PASTA WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE WITH PAPPARDELLE PASTA - CUCINABYELENA
30 PAPPARDELLE PASTA RECIPES - CHEFS & RECIPES
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE | BERTOLLI
PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAMY CHICKEN SAUCE | SIMPLE YET DELICIOUS …
20 BEST PAPPARDELLE PASTA RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAMY CHICKEN SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPE | SAUCE FOR ...
PAPPARDELLE PASTA WITH SEAFOOD SAUCE RECIPE | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SAUCE RECIPES - PAPPARDELLE'S PASTA
CREAMY PARMESAN CHICKEN PAPPARDELLE - EVERY NOOK
CREAMY PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND BACON RECIPE
CREAMY BRAISED CHICKEN WITH PAPPARDELLE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
PAPPARDELLE RECIPE CHICKEN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND LEMON-ANCHOVY CREAM SAUCE
CREAMY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOMS PAPPARDELLE - ALEXA'S CUISINE
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE | RECIPE
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM PAPPARDELLE BEST RECIPES
10 BEST CHICKEN PAPPARDELLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
15 BEST PAPPARDELLE PASTA RECIPES - TOP RECIPES - TOP TEEN RECIPES
PAPPARDELLE WITH MUSHROOMS AND TOMATO CREAM SAUCE RECIPES
PASTA RECIPE: CREAMY BRAISED CHICKEN WITH PAPPARDELLE
CHICKEN THIGH RAG WITH PAPPARDELLE BEST RECIPES
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN AND CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
PAPPARDELLE WITH CHICKEN, SUN DRIED TOMATO AND SPINACH WHITE …
PAPPARDELLE WITH CREAMY CHICKEN SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPE | PASTA …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pappardelle pasta with chicken?Season the chicken, add the crushed garlic and saute till fragrant. Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for a few minutes before adding in the dijon mustard and cooked mushrooms back to the pot. Add in the whole milk or cream along with the Pappardelle pasta. Simmer on a high heat for 2 minutes, stirring the pot.
How do you cook pappardelle with cream?Add the zest to the pan, followed by the crème fraiche or cream and parsley. Lift the pappardelle out of the cooking water and add directly to the pan using tongs. Toss everything together well, then add enough cooking water to make the dish loose and silky.
What can I use instead of pappardelle sauce?Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta and add to sauce, tossing to combine and adding enough pasta water to create a creamy sauce that coats pasta. Serve immediately. Instead of pappardelle, try the recipe with tagliatelle or fettuccine.
What is pappardelle pasta made of?It is made with white mushrooms, whole chicken breasts and fresh parsley. Which comes in a creamy sauce that is sure to make enhance the flavor of the pappardelle noodles. pasta has large flat type noodles, similar to fettuccine and originates from Tuscany.