PENNE WITH TOMATOES AND PANCETTA
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add onions, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onions are golden, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Seed tomatoes, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Add reserved tomato juice and carrots to the pan. Cook until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low; add tomatoes, beans, and chopped sage. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and pasta; cook until al dente. Meanwhile, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Fry sage leaves until they begin to curl. Blot on paper towels. Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add sauce; toss to combine. Top with fried sage and Parmesan.
ROASTED TOMATO AND PANCETTA PENNE
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes with onion, oil, and red-pepper flakes; season, and top with pancetta. Roast at 450 degrees until tomatoes burst, 20 minutes, rotating pan once. Cook pound penne, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Toss penne with tomato mixture, parsley, and pasta water; season.
PENNE WITH PANCETTA, ZUCCHINI, AND CHERRY TOMATOES TOPPED WITH CRUMBLED GOAT CHEESE
- In a large skillet set over moderate heat cook the onion in the olive oil, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the Pancetta and cook the mixture, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and salt and pepper to taste and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes more. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or just until heated through. In a large bowl combine the pasta with the pancetta mixture, the goat cheese and the basil. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.;
RED PEPPER PENNE WITH CHERRY TOMATO PUTTANESCA
Puttanesca sauce, or "streetwalkers' sauce," is a favorite in our house, but the women that made this sauce famous (or infamous) probably didn't have to walk too many streets to lure in their customers. They simply put the ingredients for this sauce in clay pots and let the sauce bake in the windows of their houses all day before tossing the tomato and anchovies with pasta. No one knows if the men came in for the ladies or the sauce--my bet is they had hopes of getting truly lucky and enjoying both. Regardless of its history, you do feel naughty when you eat this spicy, salty, wildly delicious concoction.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, heat the oil (4 turns of the pan) over medium heat. Add the anchovies, cover the pan with a splatter screen or lid, and shake until the anchovies begin to break up. Reduce the heat a bit, uncover, and stir until the anchovies melt into the oil. Add the garlic and chiles and stir for 2 minutes. Add the vermouth.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet, then add the olives and capers. Add the basil and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes to break down the tomatoes. Add chicken stock if liquid gets too low.
- To serve, cook 1 pound pasta to al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Toss together the sauce, starchy water, parsley, Parmesan and pasta.
PENNE AL BAFFO (CREAMY TOMATO-HAM PASTA)
"Al Baffo" is said to be the abbreviated version of an Italian expression "da leccarsi i baffi," which translates to "it is so good you'll lick your whiskers," because the sauce is abundant, thick and creamy. Tomato, ham and cream come together in this simple pasta sauce to form a comforting and easy weeknight meal. Cooked ham (as Italians call it, "prosciutto cotto"), is a hearty addition, as it provides texture and necessary salt. This recipe calls for deli ham, but you can substitute prosciutto or even pancetta if the mood strikes. An extra shower of Parmigiano before serving is a must for this filling meal.
Provided by Anna Francese Gass
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium. Add the shallot, garlic and red-pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until shallots and garlic soften but are not yet brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ham and stir to coat, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée. Add ¼ cup of the boiling salted water from the pot to the can, stir to loosen any purée, then add the liquid to the pan. Season the sauce with salt. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring it to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta in the boiling water according to package instructions until al dente; drain well.
- Reduce the heat to low and then add the cream, cheese and salt; stir to combine. Add the drained pasta, and toss to coat. Transfer pasta to a serving dish and top with more cheese.
PENNE PASTA WITH PEPPERS
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers and saute for 10 minutes or until tender. Pour this vegetable mixture over cooked pasta and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.9 calories, Carbohydrate 79.9 g, Fat 7.8 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 9.7 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
PENNE WITH PANCETTA, ONION AND TOMATO
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Penne and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic and saute until golden. Add pancetta (or bacon) along with its juices and onions. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until onions are soft. Add rosemary, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper and stir for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and simmer for 6-7 minutes. Swirl butter into sauce.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly absorbed by the pasta.
- Sprinkle in parsley and cheese. Toss together and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 855, Fat 39.3, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 26.3, Sodium 1094.9, Carbohydrate 116, Fiber 17.9, Sugar 14.1, Protein 16.6
PENNE WITH SPICY VODKA TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Remove casing from sausage and add to skillet. Cook, breaking up the meat, until brown. Add garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring until garlic is golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add vodka and cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and add pasta, toss for 1 minute. Stir in fresh parsley and serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 434.9 calories, Carbohydrate 52.7 g, Cholesterol 29.3 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 13.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 544.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
PENNE WITH PANCETTA AND TOMATO-CREAM SAUCE
- Cook pancetta in large skillet over medium-low heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels to drain. Add olive oil and garlic to pancetta drippings and sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes with juices, wine, and cream. Bring sauce to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup basil. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta and divide among 4 plates. Spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle pasta with pancetta and remaining 1/4 cup basil and serve.
PENNE WITH TOMATO PROSCIUTTO SAUCE
- Heat oil in a wide heavy medium pot over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then sauté onion until golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until golden, about 1 minute. Add prosciutto and sauté until golden, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes with reserved juice, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool, uncovered, then chill, covered, at least 8 hours (to allow flavors to develop).
- Cook penne in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente. Drain well.
- While pasta cooks, reheat sauce over medium heat.
- Toss pasta with some of sauce in a serving bowl and serve remaining sauce on the side.
PENNE WITH TOMATO SAUCE PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onion, and cook until the onion is translucent, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chile flakes and garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Save ½ cup (120 ml) of pasta water, then drain.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce. Stir well, adding a little pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce. Season with salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, Sugar 7 grams
More about "penne with tomatoes pancetta and red pepper recipes"
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, AND TOMATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PENNE PASTA WITH PARMESAN GARLIC AND RED PEPPERS
PASTA WITH PANCETTA, RICOTTA AND TOMATO - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
RECIPE - PENNE WITH PANCETTA, TOMATOES AND VODKA
PANCETTA PASTA WITH CREAMY RED SAUCE - EVERCLEAR
PENNE WITH PANCETTA AND TOMATO-CREAM SAUCE FROM ... RECIPE
PENNE WITH PANCETTA AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE
PENNE WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND RED PEPPERS
PENNE WITH PANCETTA, TUNA, AND WHITE WINE - LUNCH RECIPES
PENNE WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND TOMATOES - LIVING THE GOURMET
10 BEST PENNE PASTA WITH POTATOES RECIPES - YUMMLY
RECIPE - PENNE WITH PANCETTA, TOMATOES & VODKA
PENNE WITH TOMATOES PANCETTA AND RED PEPPER RECIPE
BAKED PENNE WITH TOMATOES, PEPPERS AND MOZZARELLA RECIPE
PENNE WITH YELLOW PEPPERS AND TOMATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE TOMATOES, PANCETTA, & RED PEPPER PENNE
PENNE WITH PANCETTA, TUNA AND SPINACH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PENNE WITH RED PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE - SCOTT CONANT | FOOD & WINE
PENNE WITH PANCETTA AND TOMATO CREAM SAUCE FROM ... RECIPE
PENNE WITH PANCETTA AND TOMATO-CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - BON APPéTIT
PENNE WITH YELLOW PEPPERS AND TOMATOES RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL
PENNE WITH PROSCIUTTO & VODKA SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PENNE ALL'ARRABBIATA RECIPE - RECIPES FROM ITALY
BEST CHINESE FOOD RECIPES: PENNE WITH PANCETTA, ZUCCHINI, …
PENNE ARRABBIATA RECIPE | MUTTI
PENNE WITH BELL PEPPERS AND PANCETTA - STEFAN'S GOURMET BLOG
CREAMY CHERRY TOMATO AND ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA
PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, TOMATO & RED PEPPER SAUCE
ROASTED TOMATO & PANCETTA PENNE | THEBROOKCOOK
PIN ON INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN ITALIAN RECIPES - PINTEREST
RECIPE TOMATOES, PANCETTA, & RED PEPPER PENNE - MYDAILYMOMENT
You'll also love