CRISPY PARMESAN EGGS
How can you make runny-yolked fried eggs even better? Give them edges of crisp, salty Parmesan. The addition takes just a few extra minutes and adds an incredible layer to a dish that's already deeply lovable. Make sure to skip preground Parmesan here: You'll want to shred the cheese yourself on the largest holes of your grater. And use a nonstick skillet or well-seasoned cast-iron pan to fry the eggs. They may never come off a regular pan. Eat them alone, lay them over asparagus, or use them to top a sharp, lemony salad. When something's this perfect, it's hard to go wrong however you serve it.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Brush 1 teaspoon olive oil into a thin layer on the bottom of a 10-inch nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet and place over medium heat. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan in an even layer covering the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
- Crack eggs onto cheese, then cover pan and cook until eggs are starting to set but are not cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover and turn heat to medium-high to finish cooking eggs for another 1 to 2 minutes, until edges are crisp and golden brown. Make sure the cheese doesn't get too brown; if it goes past light golden, turn down heat. To serve, season eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
Simple, easy to prepare, different, and good. From the Belle de Jour Inn in Healdsburg, CA. We like this with toasted Italian bread for breakfast.
Provided by MTDavids
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter an individual ramekin, then dust with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Break egg into ramekin and cover with cream.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until white is set.
- Serve hot in ramekin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.2, Fat 24.7, SaturatedFat 14, Cholesterol 245.9, Sodium 331, Carbohydrate 1.2, Sugar 0.3, Protein 10.6
CRISPY PARMESAN EGGS WITH RADICCHIO AND PEA SALAD
The true stars of this main course salad are the Parmesan fried eggs, which have lacy, golden edges that are almost fricolike in their crunch. As the runny yolks leak onto the radicchio and vegetables, they mix with the lemony dressing, making the whole salad creamy and rich. It's best to shred the Parmesan yourself, using the largest holes on your grater; the preground stuff is usually too fine. Then be sure to use a nonstick skillet or well-seasoned cast-iron pan to fry the eggs; otherwise, they are liable to glue themselves onto a regular pan. And if you aren't an anchovy fan but still want to add a saline bite, a tablespoon of drained capers also works well.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Fill a bowl with water and ice. Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and blanch for 1 minute. Drain the peas well and add to ice water to cool for a minute or two. Drain, pat dry, and halve the peas.
- Make the dressing: Combine lemon juice, garlic, salt, black pepper and red-pepper flakes in small mixing bowl. Whisk in olive oil, then taste and add more lemon juice or salt, or both, if needed. Set aside.
- Cook the eggs: Brush a thin layer of olive oil over the bottom of a 10-inch nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet and place over medium heat. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan in an even layer covering the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
- Crack eggs onto cheese, then cover pan and cook until eggs are starting to set but are not cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover and turn heat to medium-high to finish cooking eggs for another 1 to 2 minutes, until edges are crisp and golden brown. Make sure the cheese doesn't get too brown; if it goes past light golden, turn down heat.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste. While eggs are cooking, in a large mixing bowl, toss remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan, snap peas, radicchio, olives, cherry tomatoes and cucumber with the dressing. Taste and add salt or lemon juice, if needed. To serve, spread radicchio salad on large serving platter and place eggs on top. Grind on more pepper and garnish with anchovy fillets if you'd like.
FRIED EGGS AND ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN
- Set oven rack in upper third of oven, then preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook asparagus in a large deep skillet of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer with tongs to paper towels to drain.
- Generously butter gratin dishes using 1/2 tablespoon butter total, then divide asparagus between them. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with half of cheese.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then fry eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper, until whites are barely set, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully transfer 2 eggs to each gratin dish with a slotted spatula, placing on top of asparagus. Sprinkle eggs with remaining cheese and drizzle with any butter remaining in skillet.
- Bake in upper third of oven until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked as desired, 4 to 5 minutes for runny yolks.
PARMESAN FRIED EGGS WITH BITTER GREENS
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium until a shred of cheese dropped in begins to sizzle. Spread 1/4 cup cheese in an even layer over bottom of skillet. Heat without disturbing until cheese begins to bubble, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Crack 1 egg directly on top of cheese. Cook until edges are just set, about 2 minutes. Cover and continue cooking until white is set but yolk is still runny, about 1 minute, 30 seconds more. Season with salt and pepper. Run a spatula around edge of egg and cheese to loosen. Transfer to a plate with spatula. Repeat with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and egg.
- Top eggs with greens. Squeeze lemon over top and drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper and serve.
PARMESAN SCRAMBLED EGGS
I am constantly trying to find ways to make egg's taste less like eggs, since I have a very picky 7 year old eater who despises eggs. This recipe is very easy and uses things that I always have on hand so that's very important to me. My 'non-egg eater' even ate them!
Provided by alhardin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put Smart Balance in a small saute pan on medium heat to melt.
- Put eggs, Parmesan, half-and-half, salt, pepper, chives, parsley and liquid butter into a blender (I use my magic bullet) or you can use a mixer, and mix shortly just until well blended (if you blend too long it will get foamy).
- Pour mixture into your pan with the melted butter and start whisking with a rubber whisk. Whisk constantly or the eggs will start to stick to the pan and you will not get the same taste.
- When the eggs are starting to get thicker add the shredded cheese and continue whisking until mixture is well cooked (you don't want them totally dry, just a bit moist).
- Take out of pan and serve while still warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.1, Fat 14.4, SaturatedFat 5.9, Cholesterol 226.1, Sodium 542.5, Carbohydrate 1.1, Sugar 0.5, Protein 10.7
CRISPY PARMESAN EGGS
Make a boring breakfast a little more special with these Crispy Parmesan Eggs. Use crusty Italian bread to soak up the runny yolks. Start your day with a smile and these delightful Crispy Parmesan Eggs.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Breakfast & Brunch
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Brush oil onto bottom of 10-inch nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet; place over medium heat. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese evenly onto bottom of skillet; cook 2 min. or until cheese begins to melt.
- Slip cracked eggs, one at a time, over cheese, leaving spaces between eggs; cover skillet with lid. Cook 3 to 4 min. or until egg whites are almost set; remove lid. Cook eggs additional 2 to 3 min. or until whites are set, edges of whites are crisp and golden brown, and yolks are cooked to desired doneness. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle eggs with remaining cheese. Serve with toast slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 205 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.96 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 16 g
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH SPINACH & PARMESAN
Pull the eggs off the heat when they still look a little loose; carryover cooking will do the rest.
Provided by Meghan Sutherland
Categories Egg Breakfast Brunch Quick & Easy High Fiber Parmesan Spinach Bon Appétit Quick and Healthy Sugar Conscious Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Whisk 2 large eggs in a small bowl; season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 3 cups baby spinach and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 1 minute. Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally, until just set, about 1 minute. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons grated Parmesan. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
BAKED EGGS IN TOMATO-PARMESAN SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set four 12-ounce ovenproof bowls or ramekins on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and rosemary; cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes (with juice), crushed tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Season tomato sauce with salt and pepper.
- Divide tomato sauce among bowls, reserving 1 cup. Crack 2 eggs into each bowl. Dividing evenly, top with reserved sauce and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake until egg whites are just opaque (yolks should still be soft), 24 to 28 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through.
EGGPLANT PARMESAN II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.4 calories, Carbohydrate 62.1 g, Cholesterol 72.8 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 8.8 g, Protein 24.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 1663.1 mg, Sugar 19.9 g
More about "parmesan eggs recipes"
CREAMY PARMESAN BAKED EGGS - JO COOKS
4.4/5 (27)Total Time 20 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 300 per serving
- Add Ingredients: Add 2 tbsp of heavy cream in each ramekin. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
PARMESAN EGGS (CREAMY AND CHEESY) - RASA MALAYSIA
4.6/5 (8)Total Time 10 minsCategory American RecipesCalories 446 per serving
- Using a six-inch skillet, heat one tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add half of the the cream mixture to the skillet and cook until the mixture is bubbling all the way through, about 1 minute. Crack two eggs into the skillet and cook until the egg whites are set but yolks are runny, about two minutes. Cover the skillet with its lid to help cook the egg whites faster, and before the Parmesan cheese is burnt or turn dark brown.
- Season the eggs with a wee bit of salt, ground black pepper and garnish with some chopped parsley. Repeat the step above and cook the remaining. Serve the eggs with a hot sauce, if you like.
PARMESAN SCRAMBLED EGGS - 9KITCHEN - NINE.COM.AU
10 EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
FLUFFY PARMESAN SCRAMBLED EGGS - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
PARMESAN DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
EASY VEGETARIAN EGGPLANT PARMESAN - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
CRISPY PARMESAN EGG - 24 CARROT LIFE
PARMESAN CLOUD EGGS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
25 BEST EGG RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH EGGS - FOOD COM
EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE WITH PARMESAN CHEESE - MELANIE COOKS
GARLIC PARMESAN BAKED EGGPLANT RECIPE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
PARMESAN EGGS IN A HOLE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
BABY ROMAINE WITH GARLIC-PARMESAN VINAIGRETTE AND LEEK AND …
GARLIC AND PARMESAN SCRAMBLED EGGS + MOTHERS' DAY BRUNCH …
PARMESAN BAKED EGGS RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CHRISSY TEIGEN'S BREAKFAST RECIPE FOR CREAMY, PARMESAN SKILLET …
WHAT’S BETTER THAN FRIED CHEESE? FRIED CHEESE WITH EGGS
BEST PARMESAN EGG-IN-A-HOLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN …
BAKED ASPARAGUS WITH EGGS AND PARMESAN - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
PASTA WITH EGG AND CHEESE - COPYKAT RECIPES
FLUFFY PARMESAN SCRAMBLED EGGS - HEY KETO MAMA
BAKED EGGS WITH PARMESAN & NUTMEG - VEGETARIAN COMFORT FOOD …
EASY EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE ( W/ TIPS & VIDEO) | THE …
VEGGIE, PARMESAN AND EGG PUFF PASTRIES | GET CRACKING
BEST BAKED EGGPLANT PARMESAN - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CRISPY PARMESAN FRIED EGG WITH SPINACH - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
EGGPLANT PARMESAN: THE TRADITIONAL RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
ITALIAN BAKED EGGS - DAMN DELICIOUS
10 BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN NO EGGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED EGGS WITH TOMATOES AND PARMESAN - SLENDER KITCHEN
GRILLED EGGS WITH PROSCIUTTO AND PARMESAN RECIPE
CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN SCRAMBLED EGGS - RACHEL GURJAR
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #breakfast #eggs-dairy #easy #cheese #eggs #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook eggs with Parmesan cheese and milk?Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese and whisk with the fork. Add the egg mixture to the frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the eggs are set. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp of Parmesan.
What is in a baked egg made with Parmesan?The simplicity of these Parmesan baked eggs is what makes them so amazing! Butter, shallot, herbs, garlic, eggs, and cream. In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil. Add shallot and saute until soft and fragrant, 3-5 minutes. Add herbs and salt; remove from heat and stir to combine.
Do you add salt to scrambled eggs with Parmesan cheese?I put Parmesan cheese inside the scrambled eggs, and also sprinkle it on top of the eggs once they are on a plate. Since the Parmesan cheese can be salty, I don’t add salt to the eggs. Taste the scrambled eggs once they are done, and add salt if needed.
What is the best way to make eggplant parmesan?Directions In a medium bowl, whisk together the Parmesan cheese, cream, parsley, salt, and pepper. Using a six-inch skillet, heat one tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Season the eggs with a wee bit of salt, ground black pepper and garnish with some chopped parsley.