VEGAN PASTA E FAGIOLE
Rosemary, garlic, and smoked paprika lend depth of flavor to this thick, creamy, dreamy pasta-and-bean soup. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with a hunk of bread and you've got just about the coziest dinner ever!
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Set a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Add olive oil. When hot, add the onion. Saute until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary, and smoked paprika. Saute, stirring constantly, for one more minute.
- Add TWO cans of beans to the pot, liquid included.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture right in the pot (you can also puree in a blender and return the mixture to the pot).
- Drain the remaining can of beans and add to the pot, along with the broth, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once boiling, add the pasta. Cook until al dente (the exact time depends on package directions - usually about 8 minutes).
- Taste, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a drizzle of olive oil, parmesan (for the non-vegans) or vegan parmesan if using, and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes if desired. Don't forget the crusty bread served alongside!
PASTA E FAGIOLI
- Combine the onion, celery, carrot and oil in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices, bay leaf, rosemary sprig and 3 cups of the broth. Bring to simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and rosemary sprig. Add the remaining cup of broth and the pasta. Add the beans and simmer gently until the pasta is cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Taste the soup and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
PASTA FAZOOL (PASTA E FAGIOLI)
This classic Italian-American comfort food works with any kind of sausage, but I like the fennel and anise flavors of sweet Italian sausage with the beans--it's a hearty soup that's fast and easy to put together.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown sausage while breaking it into small pieces, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add diced celery and chopped onion. Cook until onions are translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add dry pasta. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste until evenly distributed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 3 cups broth. Raise heat to high and bring to a simmer. Add salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, and oregano. When soup comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let it simmer about 5 minutes, stirring often. Check soup consistency and add more broth, if needed.
- Place chopped chard in a bowl. Cover with cold water and rinse the leaves; any grit will fall to the bottom of the bowl. Transfer chard to colander to drain briefly; add to soup. Cook and stir until leaves wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in white beans; continue cooking and stirring until pasta is perfectly cooked, another 4 or 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in grated cheese. Serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 887.6 calories, Carbohydrate 77.3 g, Cholesterol 83.7 mg, Fat 43.8 g, Fiber 12.5 g, Protein 43.8 g, SaturatedFat 13.9 g, Sodium 4199.5 mg, Sugar 10 g
PASTA E FAGIOLI
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Wrap the thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf in a piece of cheesecloth and secure closed with kitchen twine. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, pancetta, and garlic and saute until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add the broth, beans, and sachet of herbs. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, then decrease the heat to medium and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, about 10 minutes. Discard the sachet. Puree 1 cup of the bean mixture in a blender until smooth*. Before putting the puree back into the soup, add the macaroni and boil with the lid on until it is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Return the puree to the remaining soup in the saucepan and stir well. Season the soup with ground black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle with some Parmesan and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil just before serving.
- *When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.
My older relatives brought this recipe from Italy and made it often as I was growing up . It is truly a comfort food and a balanced meal, besides. -Barb Swatz Davisburg, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter and oil. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, spinach and salt. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts :
PASTA AND BEANS: PASTA E FAGIOLI
I could live on this recipe -- a quick version of my Gran'pa Emmanuel's masterwork.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 6 BIG servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat and add oil and pancetta. Brown the pancetta bits lightly, and add herb stems, bay leaf, chopped vegetables, and garlic. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Add beans, tomato sauce, water, and stock to pot and raise heat to high. Bring soup to a rapid boil and add pasta. Reduce heat to medium and cook soup, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente. Rosemary and thyme leaves will separate from stems as soup cooks. Remove herb stems and bay leaf from soup and place pot on table on a trivet. Let soup rest and begin to cool for a few minutes. Ladle soup into bowls and top with lots of grated cheese. Pass crusty bread for bowl mopping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calorie, Fat 10 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 13 milligrams, Sodium 1101 milligrams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 18 grams, Sugar 8 grams
20 MINUTE PASTA FAGIOLI (FAZOOL)
A quick hearty soup, similar to Olive Garden's. I love making this and serving it with oven baked bread and salad.
Provided by Chicago Girl
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Brown Italian sausage, rinse and drain.
- Place sausage in a soup pot.
- Add garlic, Chili mix and Italian seasoning and stir.
- Add tomato paste, pizza sauce, water and beans (do not drain).
- Boil 10 minutes while you cook the pasta in separate pot.
- Drain pasta, add to soup.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525.5, Fat 26.4, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 62.3, Sodium 1100, Carbohydrate 45.9, Fiber 10.9, Sugar 4.3, Protein 25.9
PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: garlic, rosemary, olive oil, shallot, carrot, tomato sauce, beans, vegetable stock, short pasta
Provided by Francesca Tieghi
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sauté whole garlic, fresh rosemary shallot and carrot in some olive oil until soft.
- Then add tomato sauce, mix and add half of the cooked beans. Now add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add your pasta and make sure it's submerged. Add more if it absorbs too much. Cook for 10-12 minutes (check the package). When the pasta is al dente. turn the heat on high so some of the water evaporates (it should not be too much like a soup, but it should be creamy).
- At this point add the blended beans and mix to combine. Remove whole garlic and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1223 calories, Carbohydrate 124 grams, Fat 69 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 20 grams
TWIG'S PASTA FAGIOLI (PASTA FAZOOL)
This is my version of Pasta Fagioli that I came up with by taking bits of recipes and putting them together to make what pleased my palate. I'm quite pleased with the result. This is a very thick soup. You could easily add more stock if you want a thinner soup. Feel free to substitute the beans you like best.
Provided by Twiggyann
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot.
- Saute carrots, celery, garlic, and onion for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add diced tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Add beans and remaining spices.
- Simmer for 60 minutes.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking, add the macaroni.
- When serving, top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243.8, Fat 4.6, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 3.6, Sodium 292.9, Carbohydrate 38.4, Fiber 8.8, Sugar 5.8, Protein 13.3
More about "pasta fazool pasta e fagioli recipes"
PASTA E FAGIOLI (PASTA FAZOOL) - AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseAuthor Mike BenayounTotal Time 50 mins
MARISA'S PASTA FAGIOLI (PASTA FAZOOL) - HOMEMADE …
THE BEST AUTHENTIC PASTA E FAGIOLI - SIMPLE RECIPES!
"SAY, PASTA FAZOOL." PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE - LEMON THYME …
OLIVE GARDEN PASTA E FAGIOLI - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY PASTA FAZOOL RECIPE. LEARN TO MAKE PASTA FAGIOLI …
EASY VEGETARIAN PASTA FAGIOLI RECIPE - THE …
OLIVE GARDEN PASTA E FAGIOLI (PASTA FAZOOL)
PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE (ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS)
PASTA E FAGIOLI RECIPE (PASTA FAZOOL): ITALIAN SOUP
5/5 (3)Servings 4Cuisine ItalianCategory Soup
PASTA E FAGIOLI (PASTA AND BEANS) - THE CLEVER MEAL
BUDGET TUESDAY - PASTA FAGIOLI.... - JACQUES PéPIN FOUNDATION
PASTA E FAGIOLI ( PASTA FAZOOL) - SOLO-DOLCE
PASTA E FAGIOLI MAKES A QUICK HEALTHY DINNER - MIA'S CUCINA
PASTA FAZOOL (PASTA E FAGIOLI): ITALIAN BEANS AND PASTA
PASTA E FAGIOLI PASTA AND BEANS - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
PASTA FAZOOL - CLASSIC PASTA FAGIOLI - ITALIAN GRANDMA' GINA
PASTA E FAGIOLI OR PASTA FAZOOL - WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE …
PASTA E FAGIOLI (PASTA FAZOOL) CHEF PASQUALE
WHAT IS PASTA FAZOOL? | ALLRECIPES
PASTA E FAGIOLI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
PASTA E FAGIOLI (OLIVE GARDEN SOUP RECIPE) - FOODIE AND WINE
PASTA E FAGIOLI | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
(RECIPE) HOW TO MAKE PASTA FAZOOL (PASTA E FAGIOLI)
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN PASTA FAGIOLI RECIPE - ITALIAN FOOD FAST
RECIPE PASTA FAZOOL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CLASSIC ITALIAN PASTA E FAGIOLI SOUP - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
PASTA AND BEANS / PASTA E FAGIOLI - CIAO ITALIA
COOKING WITH 'FRIENDS': DEANA MARTIN’S PASTA FAGIOLI | FOX NEWS
PASTA FAZOOL (PASTA E FAGIOLI) | ALLRECIPES
AUTHENTIC PASTA E FAGIOLI - GRANDMA'S RECIPE - YOUTUBE
PASTA FAZOOL (PASTA E FAGIOLI) RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
PASTA FAGIOLI - PASTA FAZOOL RECIPE - YA'EAT
PASTA FAZOOL (AKA PASTA E FAGIOLI) - KYLEE COOKS
PASTA E FAGIOLI (ITALIAN PASTA AND BEANS) - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
PASTA FAZOOL (PASTA E FAGIOLI) | RECIPE - PINTEREST
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to Cook Pasta e fagioli?Grab a bowl of Pasta E Fagioli soup for a rich, hearty and comforting meal. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large soup pot or dutch oven and heat over medium high heat. Once heated, add the ground beef and cook until browned (about 6-7 minutes) breaking into crumbles as it cooks.
What is pasta Fazool?Pasta Fazool (also known as Pasta Fagioli or even Pasta Fazol) is a traditional hearty soup made from pasta and beans, and many versions contain some form of pork. Every Italian family has their own version of Pasta Fagioli Soup, and I have always made it with ham.
What does'pasta e fagioli'mean?"'Pasta e fagioli' translates to 'pasta and beans,'" says executive chef Stephen Ennamorati of Pazza on Porter in Boston, Mass. While I'm writing the American version as "pasta fazool" in this piece, that has more to do with the dish's pronunciation than with any official change in the spelling of "pasta e fagioli."
What is Olive Garden pasta e Fagioli made of?Sorry, Olive Garden lovers. This traditional Italian pasta e fagioli recipe is not tomato based, nor does it contain carrots, celery or ground beef. This pasta e fagioli has a combination of small pasta shells, cannellini beans, pancetta and rosemary, which gives it an earthy, smoky flavor that's to die for.