FRESH PAPAYA JAM
- Stir together papaya, orange juice, and pectin in a very large pot over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Stir constantly as the mixture heats. Once boiling, stir in the sugar, and return to a boil, stirring constantly. Once the jam has returned to a boil, start a timer, and boil for exactly 1 minute.
- Ladle the hot jam into the hot, sterilized canning jars and seal with lids and rings. Allow to cool to room temperature, and refrigerate any jars that do not seal.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.2 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.3 mg, Sugar 16.3 g
Provided by Food Network
Yield 12 jars
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Bring water to a boil. Put peaches in the boiling water for just 1 minute or under. Take them out with a slotted spoon and place them in cold water. Peel and slice peaches. Discard peach pits. Put peaches into a large (wide-open) heavy bottom pot and add the sugar. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil mixture and stir frequently. Mixture will thicken in approximately 45 minutes to an hour. As mixture thicken, you must stir more frequently to ensure that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. To test whether the jam is ready, place a cold metal spoon in the mixture and tilt. The jam should form a single stream.
There are many different varieties of peach, but the main distinction is between clingstone and freestone. You can use either for this recipe: The peaches will cook down into jam, so how well you cut the fruit or separate it from the pit isn't a concern. To boost the citrusy tartness, try adding a few strips of lemon peel (discard them when you take out the cloves).
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put the sugar, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, vanilla and cloves in a heavy, nonreactive skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peaches to the skillet and stir once to coat. Raise the heat to medium-high, and bring to a visible simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and jam-like and the peach pieces are very soft, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on ripeness of the peaches. Check the pan midway, you may need to lower the temperature to medium if the mixture starts to brown.
- Crush the peaches with a potato masher, until most of the mixture is smooth and there are only a few chunky pieces left. (The longer the mixture cooks, the thicker the jam will be after it cools.) Remove from the heat, stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, and let cool before refrigerating. Cool completely in the refrigerator before using. Discard the cloves before serving. The jam will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
PRETTY PEACH JAM
This homemade jam has been a favorite in my family for as long as I can remember. It's a delicious medley of fruits, including peaches, cherries, pineapple and orange. -Theresa Beckman, Inwood, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 13 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse thirteen 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. , In a blender or food processor, cover and process fruits and cherry juice in batches until smooth. Transfer to a large stockpot; stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. , Remove from heat. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. , Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
AUNT PATSI'S EASY PEACH JAM
I got this recipe from my great-aunt and tried it the first time on some fresh summer peaches. It was super easy and super yummy. It also works with frozen fruit. Store in a cool, dark place.
Provided by bethanylanell
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat five 12-ounce jars in simmering water until ready for use. Wash lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Fill a large pot with water; bring to a boil. Add peaches; cook until skin loosens, about 20 seconds. Drain and cool until easily handled. Peel, pit, and cut the peaches into chunks.
- Measure out 5 cups of peach chunks into the pot. Mash with a potato masher. Add sugar, peach gelatin, lemon juice, and almond extract; mix well. Bring to a rolling boil and cook jam for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Pack jam into hot jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Wipe rims with a clean, damp cloth. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower in jars using a holder, placing them 2 inches apart. Pour in more boiling water to cover the jars by at least 1 inch. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool, about 12 hours. Press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that lid does not move up or down and seal is tight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.8 calories, Carbohydrate 21.3 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 16.2 mg, Sugar 21.2 g
- Working in batches, pulse peaches in a food processor until chunky. Transfer to a small saucepan, and add sugar, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil, continuing to stir, until bubbles slow, foam subsides, fruit rises to the top, and jam sticks to a spoon when lifted, about 12 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
PEACH PAPAYA JAM
Combine peaches with papaya and other tropical flavors foran easy jam recipe.
Provided by Renee Pottle
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Add all ingredients except lime zest to a large Dutch oven or other cooking pot.
- Rub butter along the inside pot lip. This will reduce the chance of the mixture boiling over!
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the heat up a little and cook rapidly, stirring often to prevent sticking, until the jam reaches the gelling point.
- Use the plate method to check for gelling or use a digital thermometer. Gelling is reached at 220 degrees or 8 degrees above the boiling point of water.
- Add lime zest to the bubbling jam, and stir to distribute throughout the mixture.
- Spoon the hot jam into prepared jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Wipe the lip of each jar with a damp paper towel. Top the jars with a lid and lid ring.
- Process the jars in a water bath canner for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Makes about 6 (1/2 pint) jars.
More about "peach papaya jam recipes"
PEACH AND PAPAYA SUGAR FREE JAM RECIPE
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Condiments And JelliesTotal Time 40 mins
- In a large, deep, heavy-bottomed pot, combine peaches, papaya, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Stir in sweetener until dissolved. Add sugar, stirring constantly. Return to a full boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to medium and boil rapidly for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
10 BEST PAPAYA JAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
PEACH AND PEPPER JAM - DEEP SOUTH DISH
HOMEMADE GINGER PEACH JAM - HELLO GLOW
PEACH JAM RECIPES – PEACH VANILLA AND FUZZY NAVEL – EASY, LESS …
QUICK & EASY PEACH JAM - THE FOOD HUSSY
PINEAPPLE-PAPAYA JAM - THE PEACH KITCHEN
PEACH AND PEPPER JAM - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
10 BEST PAPAYA JAM WITHOUT PECTIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE PEACH JAM - QUICK AND EASY ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS
PEACH, MANGO, PAPAYA AND APRICOT JAM RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
PEACH-PAPAYA JAM FROM 1001RECIPES2SEND.COM RECIPES DATABASE
PEACH JAM | RICARDO
THE BEST HOMEMADE PEACH JAM - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
PEACH JAM RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
EASY PEACH JAM - CELEBRATING SWEETS
PAPAYA JAM WITH LIME RECIPE - MASALA HERB
PEACHES | SEED TO PANTRY
SWEET & SPICY JALAPENO PEACH JAM | WILL COOK FOR FRIENDS
PEACH JAM - FLOUR ON MY FACE
PAWPAW JAM - CREATIVE SOUTHERN HOME
EASY HOMEMADE PEACH JAM (NO PECTIN) RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE PEACH JAM, STEP BY STEP | EPICURIOUS
PEACH JAM RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
PEACH SLOW COOKER JAM RECIPE | THE FAMILY FREEZER
MAI TAI PAPAYA JAM RECIPE - BOWL ME OVER
CHAPTER 41: PAPAYA JAM - 67 JAM RECIPES
PEACH PRESERVES RECIPE - BOWL ME OVER
HOMEMADE PAPAYA JAM RECIPE - NO PRESERVATIVES - YUMMY TUMMY
PINEAPPLE-PAPAYA JAM - THE PEACH KITCHEN | RECIPE | JAM RECIPES, …
CLASSIC PEACH JAM – THE FOUNTAIN AVENUE KITCHEN
PEACH JAM RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PEACH JAM - DELISH.COM
PEACH JAM RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
FRESH PAPAYA JAM - JAMS AND JELLIES RECIPES
SUGAR FREE PEACH JAM | DIABETIC RECIPE - DIABETIC GOURMET …
PEACH JAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEACH PAPAYA JAM RECIPE | RECIPE | JAM RECIPES, PAPAYA JAM …
EASY PEACH TURNOVERS - JUST A TASTE
How to make Pineapple and Papaya Jam / Fruit Jam Recipe / Pineapple Jam/Homemade Jam/Easy Jam Recipe1.6K views-03:01
Papaya Pineapple Jam Recipe1.5K views-03:12
Papaya Strawberry Peach Pie!!389 views-03:43
Papaya Jam recipe | Fresh and delicious Papaya Jam with no preservatives | only two ingredients57 views-02:24
Tasty papaya jam recipe in tamil|பப்பாளி ஜாம்3K views-03:15
How to Make Mango Jam Recipe| | Papaya Jam (Microwave Recipes)282 views-04:11
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make papaya and pectin Jam?Stir together papaya, orange juice, and pectin in a very large pot over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Stir constantly as the mixture heats. Once boiling, stir in the sugar, and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
How do you make Peach Jam?Measure out 5 cups of peach chunks into the pot. Mash with a potato masher. Add sugar, peach gelatin, lemon juice, and almond extract; mix well. Bring to a rolling boil and cook jam for 1 minute.
How to make spicy peaches and jalapeno Jam?To the pot with the peaches, add the sugar, 2 TBSP lemon juice, cider vinegar, lemon zest, ginger, and pectin. Stir to combine, and let sit for 10-15 minutes to macerate. Meanwhile, prep your jalapenos. Remove the stems, and cut the peppers in half lengthwise. If you want a spicy jam, leave all of the seeds and veins in the peppers.
What kind of peaches do you use for jam?Peach Jam. There are many different varieties of peach, but the main distinction is between clingstone and freestone. You can use either for this recipe: The peaches will cook down into jam, so how well you cut the fruit or separate it from the pit isn't a concern.