PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE
Celebrate the Season - Fall Baking Recipe Magazine Contest 2010 shared by Lily Julow from Gainesville, FL
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and apple pie spice. Cut in 1/2 cup butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like rolled oats. Stir in 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and the brown sugar; set aside.
- Peel and core apples. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter crosswise in half. Repeat with pears. In 4-quart Dutch oven, combine 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted; stir in apples. Partly cover; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pears; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, depending on ripeness of pears. In small bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the cornstarch and cinnamon; add to fruit mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Spoon fruit mixture into ungreased 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate. Spoon topping evenly over fruit. Place pie plate on cookie sheet.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Serve warm or cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 51 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 4 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 30 g, TransFat 1/2 g
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
This great dessert is from The New Vegetarian Epicure. I've used it with several combinations of fruit - basically whatever I have on hand - and it's always been good. While the apple and pear combination is excellent, I've also had great results with mixed berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, cherries). An easy dessert with ingredients you probably have on hand.
Provided by pattikay in L.A.
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Prepare fruit (peel, pit, whatever it takes). If large, cut into 1/4 thick slices.
- Toss in a bowl with lemon juice, sugar and raisins and a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon (I usually add allspice because I love it).
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and spices.
- Cut in the butter and mix till mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. There should be no big chunks of butter left. (I usually do this with my hands - don't have a food processor).
- Sprinkle in the ice water, mix till the crumble mixture holds together and forms little clumps.
- Add the rolled oats and mix. If the mixture seems sticky, add more oats.
- Spread fruit evenly in a large glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Scatter topping evenly over the fruit, leaving some of it in larger chunks and some in fine crumbles.
- Bake the Crumble at 375 for about 40-45 minutes or until the top is crisp and brown and the juice is bubbling up around the edges.
- Serve it hot or warm, with ice cream, whipped cream, or all by itself.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410.4, Fat 8.3, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 19.1, Sodium 92.7, Carbohydrate 85.8, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 58.9, Protein 3.5
APPLE AND PEAR CRISP
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and cut the pears and apples into large chunks. Place the fruit in a large bowl and add the zests, juices, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch oval baking dish.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, until the mixture is in large crumbles. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit, covering the fruit completely.
- Place the baking dish on a sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is brown and the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm.
PEAR-APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
- Prepare the crust: Roll out the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp the edge with a fork or your fingers. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Peel and thinly slice the pears and apples and transfer to a large microwave-safe bowl; add the dried fruit, honey, granulated sugar, flour, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the apples and pears are tender and juicy, 5 to 7 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Make the topping: Whisk the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using your fingers, work the butter into the oat mixture until small clumps form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the pie crust on a baking sheet. Add the filling, slightly mounding it in the center. Press the crumble topping evenly over the filling. Bake until the topping is browned and the filling is bubbling, about 1 1/2 hours. (Tent with foil if the topping browns too quickly.) Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix oats, flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl until crumbly.
- Mix apples, pears, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl; spread into the bottom of a 9x9-inch glass pan. Sprinkle oat mixture atop apple-pear mixture; top with almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.2 calories, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 91.2 mg, Sugar 34.1 g
EASY APPLE, PEAR, AND BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 9-inch pie tins.
- Mix flour, margarine, and sugar together in a bowl using your hands until mixture is crumbly.
- Layer apples and pears in the bottom of the 3 pie tins; sprinkle blackberries over apples and pears. Evenly distribute flour mixture over the fruit mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fruit is soft and topping is light brown, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 115.1 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- Grease a deep 1.5 litre (6 cups) ovenproof dish.
- Peel, core and quarter apples and pears; slice fruit thickly.
- Combine fruit, sugar and the water in a large saucepan and cook covered for about 10 minutes or until fruit is just tender.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- While the fruit is cooking make the crumble topping by mixing all the dry ingredients well together and then fold in chopped butter.
- Place apples and pears into prepared ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the crumble topping.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.3, Fat 18.6, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 32.1, Sodium 115, Carbohydrate 83.6, Fiber 9.5, Sugar 58, Protein 4.3
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
This crumble is perfect for warming you in winter. The crumble topping is made from the Jordans Honey Country Crisp and honey, it is best served with silky soft cinnamon cream.
Provided by wildcardpr
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ fan 170 F/ Mk 4. Butter a 1 litre ovenproof baking dish with 25g of the butter.
- Toss the apples and pears in the honey, 30g of the sugar, and the vanilla extract. Spoon into the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub together the remaining butter with the flour. Stir in the remaining sugar, and the Jordans Honey Country Crisp. Spoon this over the apples and pears in the dish, and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- To serve, whip the cream until thick, and stir in the cinnamon. Sweeten with extra honey if desired. Serve the crumble warm with the cream on the side.
More about "pear and apple crumble recipes"
SPICED APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE - A BAKING JOURNEY
4.7/5 (15)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 315 per serving
- Peal, core and slice the Pears and Apples into small cubes. Place them in a large bowl and add the Brown Sugar, Cornstarch, Lemon Juice and Spices. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the Rolled Oats, Plain Flour, Shredded Coconut, Brown Sugar and Spices in a large bowl.
- Place the Fruits and juices at the bottom of a large baking dish (see note 1). Completely cover the fruits with the crumbles then bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the crumbs look golden brown. Eat warm.
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | SO DELICIOUS
5/5 (1)Calories 431 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
EASY APPLE PEAR CRUMBLE - A MUMMY TOO
BEST EVER FRUIT CRUMBLE | FRUIT RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
APPLE, PEAR AND BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE | BALDHIKER
PEAR AND GINGER CRUMBLE RECIPE - RAYMOND BLANC OBE
APPLE, PEAR, AND BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - COOKING WITH FUDGE
PEAR, APPLE, AND CHERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - NEW RECIPES - 2022
HEALTHY APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE (WITH PEAR) | CARROTS & COOKIES
PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE - MY FRENCH COUNTRY HOME
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | FRUIT CRUMBLE RECIPES | SBS FOOD
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE - YUM TASTE
PEAR APPLE CRISP | CANADIAN LIVING
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | NOT-SO-SERIOUS EATS - FOOD BLOGS
RICH CINNAMON PEAR AND APPLE BAKED CRUMBLE | FOODTALK
BRAMLEY APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - BRITMUMS
POACHED PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE - CRAVINGS OF A LUNATIC
PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
APPLE, CRANBERRY AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VEGAN APPLE OR PEAR CRUMBLE - THE VEGAN ATLAS
EASY APPLE PEAR CRUMBLE - SIMPLY SCRATCH
PEAR-APPLE CRUMBLE - EASIER THAN PIE - PLANETARIAN LIFE
THE BEST EVER APPLE PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE | EASY HEALTHY SWEET TREATS
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
TINNED PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SKINNYTASTE PEAR APPLE CRUMBLE DESSERT RECIPE
PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE | PRODUCE FOR KIDS
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE | TESCO REAL FOOD
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE - FABULOUS FAMILY FOOD BY DONNA DUNDAS
PEAR MUFFINS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
PEAR AND APPLE CRUMBLE CAKE - VEGAN | FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
EASY APPLE & BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - THE HAPPY PEAR
APPLE PEAR RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
Cranberry Pear & Apple Crumble Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com44K views-14:45
Apple-Pear Ginger Crumble Pie57K views-03:12
Cinnamon & Ginger Pear Crumble Recipe (Gluten Free, Vegan Option)5.2K views-03:48
Pear and apple crumble recipe - Healthy Dessert12K views-02:44
Pear apple crumble - gluten, dairy and refined-sugar free755 views-02:05
How to make Pear & Blackberry Crumble easy recipe5.2K views-08:55
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make pear crumble?This is the crumble topping. To make the filling, boil the water and sugar together, then carefully drop in the pear chunks and simmer gently for a couple of minutes. Add the chopped ginger and the lime zest and juice to the pan and stir. Spoon the mixture into one large ovenproof dish or four small ones.
What is the best recipe for Apple and pear bread?Directions. Mix oats, flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl until crumbly. Mix apples, pears, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl; spread into the bottom of a 9x9-inch glass pan. Sprinkle oat mixture atop apple-pear mixture; top with almonds.
How do you make apple and pear pie?Mix flour, margarine, and sugar together in a bowl using your hands until mixture is crumbly. Layer apples and pears in the bottom of the 3 pie tins; sprinkle blackberries over apples and pears. Evenly distribute flour mixture over the fruit mixture. Bake in the preheated oven until fruit is soft and topping is light brown, about 40 minutes.
How long do you cook pear apple crumble in the oven?When ready to serve, simply place the Pear Apple Crumble back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes (or until the fruits are warm and the crumble is crunchy). You can also re-heat individual portions in the microwave.