PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE
We don't care for regular cranberry sauce, so I usually perk it up with other fruit. This pear version is the one my family requests most often. It's sweet, tangy and a beautiful ruby-red color. Since it keeps well in the refrigerator, I often make it in advance.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until the cranberries have popped and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring several items. , Discard cinnamon sticks. Mash sauce if desired. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 1mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (33g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
PEAR-HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Combine the sugar and water in a large saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in the diced pears, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cranberries and honey, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until the cranberry skins pop.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the grated lemon rind and lemon juice. Cover and chill thoroughly.
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE
Refreshingly sweet, tart and tangy - this recipe is incredibly easy and it's a great change of pace from the usual boring cranberry sauce. The flavor of the cranberries mingles wonderfully with the pear, honey and lemon. It freezes well too!
Provided by Sue S.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the water and sugar over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Stir in pears, and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes, then stir in cranberries and honey. Continue to cook until cranberries pop and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Cool to room temperature, then store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176.9 calories, Carbohydrate 47.3 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 2.4 mg, Sugar 42.5 g
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH HONEY AND PEARS
This spicy cranberry sauce uses honey and pears to sweeten it instead of sugar. I try to prepare this at least a few hours ahead of time to allow all the flavors to blend, but if you don't have time to wait, it's still delicious. A beautiful sweet/tart addition to any feast.
Provided by Leah IL
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine honey, apple cider, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and simmer, stirring frequently, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Add pears and cranberries and return to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled and flavors have blended, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.4 calories, Carbohydrate 52.6 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 5 mg, Sugar 44.6 g
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PEARS AND FRESH GINGER
- Bring water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and salt to boil in medium nonreactive saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Stir in cranberries and pears; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until saucy, slightly thickened, and about two-thirds of berries have popped open, about 5 minutes. Transfer to nonreactive bowl, cool to room temperature, and serve. (Can be covered and refrigerated up to 7 days; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.)
Skip the canned variety and whip up this naturally delicious chunky cranberry sauce instead. Pears and dried cherries give it an extra touch of natural sweetness, allowing you to cut down on added sugar.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a medium-size, heavy-bottom non-aluminum saucepan, combine cranberries, pears, sugar, dried cherries, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently to prevent scorching, until berries have popped and are tender, about 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 g
More about "pearhoneycranberrysauce recipes"
HONEY & PEAR CRANBERRY SAUCE - RADIANT LIFE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
CRANBERRY PEAR SAUCE - DELICIOUS HEALTHY RECIPES MADE WITH ...
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 61 per serving
- When boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool before refrigerating. Serve chilled or room temperature. Makes 3 1/4 cups.
DELICIOUS PEAR-HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - COMFORT + THYME
Servings 8-10Total Time 20 minsCategory Holiday
- In a medium pot, add water, tangerine juice, honey, sugar, and pears. Simmer for 4 minutes or until pears are tender.
HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE - FEASTING NOT FASTING
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 59 per serving
BAKED PEARS WITH HONEY, CRANBERRIES AND PECANS - THIS GAL ...
4.9/5 (46)Total Time 45 minsServings 8Published 2018-12-16
CANNING PEAR AND CRANBERRY - SBCANNING.COM - HOMEMADE ...
Ratings 13Servings 35Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - SOOPERCOOKING.COM
APPLE PEAR CRANBERRY COMPOTE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CRANBERRY SAUCE NUTRITION FACTS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GLAZED PEAR RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
RECIPE FOR PEAR HONEY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE - TFRECIPES.COM
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE - COOKAHOLIC WIFE
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - ALLRECIPES.COM ...
PEAR-HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE – TEAS 2 TAPAS: A COMPANION ...
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | THE EXCHANGE BOOK
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE | RECIPE | CRANBERRY SAUCE ...
21 EASY OVERRIPE PEAR RECIPES - HAPPYMUNCHER.COM
PEAR HONEY CRANBERRY SAUCE - PINTEREST.COM
You'll also love