PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine peppercorns, 1 tablespoon salt, the sugar, and red-pepper flakes. Rub all over tenderloin to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat until almost smoking. Add oil, and brown meat, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven, and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reaches 120 degrees, about 16 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with grainy-mustard aioli and squash.
PEPPERCORN ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place the tenderloin on a roasting rack. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt and sugar, which will deepen the savory flavors.
- Press the crushed peppercorns all over the surface of the meat. Insert a meat thermometer and place in the oven until the beef registers 120 to 125 degrees F for medium-rare/rare. Beef will probably cook in 20 to 25 minutes depending on its temp before it goes in the oven.
- While the meat is roasting, melt the butter with the garlic in a small skillet, and allow the butter to slightly brown. Remove the garlic and discard.
- Remove the meat when it's done and pour the garlic butter over gently (it should sizzle when it hits the meat). Cover the meat loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
PEPPERED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- Coarsely grind the peppercorns in a spice or coffee grinder and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the parsley, mustard, butter and 1 tablespoon salt in a medium bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined. Rub the spiced butter all over the tenderloin, rolling the beef in the portions that fall off to coat completely. The beef can be prepared up to this point, covered, and refrigerated up to 1 day in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the beef on a rack and set over a baking sheet. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 130 degrees F for medium rare, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer the beef to a cutting board, preferably a meat board with a reservoir to catch the juices, and garnish with the parsley.
- Spray six 4- to 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Stir together the sour cream, Dijon, horseradish and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Heat the half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it just barely comes to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, put the gelatin in a large bowl, add 3 tablespoons warm water and stir until completely dissolved. Gradually pour in the warm half-and-half while whisking constantly.
- Add a splash of the half-and-half mixture to the sour cream mixture and stir to loosen, then add the sour cream mixture to the large bowl with the half-and-half mixture, whisking gently until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins (the ramekins will not be full) and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours. The panna cottas can be kept refrigerated, covered with plastic wrap, up to 2 days
- When ready to serve, run a thin knife along the edge of each ramekin and invert the pana cottas onto plates. Sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately.
PEPPERY BEEF TENDERLOIN
- Mix all the spices together well.
- Rub into the tenderloin.
- Place on rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 400* for 45 minutes----rare; 60 minutes---medium rare; 65 minutes---medium; 73 minutes---well done.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
SOUTH BEACH DIET - PEPPER CRUSTED TENDERLOIN OF BEEF
The secret behind The South Beach Diet is the perfect blend of palette-pleasing foods and healthy ingredients. This was served to me in one Miami's, South Beach restaurants and it was just wonderful! It was really delightful and is easy to prepare! It is fabulous served cold - I brought some home and had it cold the next day and am hard pressed to tell you which way is the better.
Provided by Manami
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan.
- Immerse the onions in boiling water for about 2 minutes, then shock them with cold water.
- Cut off the root tip of each onion and squeeze it out of the skin.
- Heat 2 Tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and saute for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Rub the beef with olive oil.
- Combine the pepper, salt, garlic, rosemary and orange zest, if using, and pat the mixture on the beef.
- Increase the heat to high and sear the beef in the pan on all sides.
- Add the pearl onions and place the skillet directly in the oven.
- Roast until a thermometer reads 145 degrees for medium rare.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1366.3, Fat 103, SaturatedFat 36.2, Cholesterol 385.6, Sodium 2560.1, Carbohydrate 15.9, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 3.5, Protein 91.2
PEPPERED BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST
A pepper rub gives this moist, tender beef a bit of a zippy taste. It takes just minutes to prepare, and the meat slices well. Lining the baking pan with foil makes it a breeze to clean up, too. -Denise Bitner, Reedsville, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix first five ingredients., Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan; rub with pepper mixture. Roast until desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 40-60 minutes. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 197mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PEPPERED BEEF TENDERLOIN
When you're cooking for a crowd that really savors meat, this peppery, tempting tenderloin is perfect! It's important to let it rest for a few minutes before carving to allow the juices to work through the meat. -Margaret Ninneman, La Crosse, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine seasonings and rub over entire tenderloin. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. , Bake, uncovered, at 425° until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179 calories, Fat 7g fat, Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 67mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate, Fiber 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PEPPERCORN-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
- Heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Let tenderloin rest at room temperature 1 hour. Pat meat with paper towels to dry, then lightly coat all over with oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt and ground peppercorns, gently pressing to help them adhere.
- Set a cast-iron griddle or large roasting pan over two burners and heat over high until hot. Carefully rub griddle lightly with oil. (If using a roasting pan, add enough oil to barely coat the bottom of the pan.) Heat until hot but not smoking, then place the tenderloin on the griddle and sear on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Use tongs to transfer beef to a rack set in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 125 degrees for medium-rare, 20 to 30 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Transfer tenderloin to a carving board and slice to desired thickness (about 1/2 inch is a nice size) before serving.
HERB AND GARLIC-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH RED AND YELLOW PEPPER RELISH
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Rub 1 tablespoon oil over each beef piece. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 2 large nonstick skillets over high heat. Add 1 beef piece to each; brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Place beef pieces in large roasting pan. Mix 6 tablespoons oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons thyme and 2 tablespoons rosemary in small bowl. Coat top and sides of beef pieces with mustard, then with herb mixture. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into center of beef registers 125 °F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes. Transfer to platter. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut beef into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon each of thyme and rosemary and serve with pepper relish.
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Trim fat from tenderloin, rub with oil, tie with string, combine the breadcrumbs,parsley,pepper and salt. Rub tenderloin with crumb mixture, coat with cooking spray. Place on the rack of a boiler pan or roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of tenderloin. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or so depending on temp. Increase temp to 425 (do not remove roast from oven) Bake additional 10 minutes or until internal temp is 140 degrees for medium-rare to 155 degrees for medium. This higher temp also browns roast. Remove from oven, place on plater and cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes or so. Temp of roast will increase 5 degrees while resting. Slice and serve
- see above
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE
Provided by MooK
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Prepare Ingredients Coarsely crack enough whole black peppercorns to yield ½ cup. If using pepper mill, start with ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons peppercorns. Place cracked pepper in fine-mesh strainer and tap strainer to remove fine dust. Discard dust. Most mills will yield about 2 tablespoons dust along with ½ cup cracked pepper. Grate zest from 1 medium orange to yield 1 tablespoon. Prepare and Cook Roast Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees. Combine 4 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar, and ¼ teaspoon baking soda in bowl; set aside. Heat cracked peppercorns and 6 tablespoons olive oil in small saucepan over low heat until faint bubbles appear.Continue to cook at bare simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until pepper is fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Using fine-mesh strainer, drain cooking oil from peppercorns. Discard cooking oil and mix peppercorns with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, grated orange zest, and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg. Set 1 (6-pound) whole beef tenderloin, trimmed, on sheet of plastic wrap. Sprinkle salt mixture evenly over surface of tenderloin and rub into tenderloin until surface is tacky. Tuck tail end of tenderloin under about 6 inches to create more even shape. Rub top and side of tenderloin with peppercorn mixture, pressing to make sure peppercorns adhere. Spray three 12-inch lengths kitchen twine with vegetable oil spray; tie head of tenderloin to maintain even shape, spacing twine at 2-inch intervals. Transfer prepared tenderloin to wire rack set in rimmed baking sheet, keeping tail end tucked under. Roast until thickest part of meat registers 120 degrees for rare and 125 degrees for medium-rare (meat will be slightly more done in thinner parts), 60 to 70 minutes. Make Sauce Start sauce as soon as roast goes into oven. Mince 2 shallots. You should have about 6 tablespoons. Mince 3 garlic cloves. You should have about 1 tablespoon. Melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, and 2 teaspoons sugar. Cook, stirring frequently, until deep brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 2 cups beef broth, 1 cup red wine, ¼ cup orange juice, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire, and 1 sprig fresh thyme, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to simmer and cook until reduced to 1 cup, 35 to 40 minutes. Strain sauce through fine-mesh strainer and return to saucepan. Return saucepan to medium heat and whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep sauce warm. Rest and Slice Roast When roast reaches desired temperature, transfer it to carving board and let rest for 30 minutes. Remove twine and slice meat into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve, passing sauce separately
More about "pepper crusted beef tenderloin recipes"
PEPPER HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
Cuisine ItalianCategory EntréeServings 10Total Time 1 hr 45 mins
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 45 to 55 minutes for medium rare; 55 to 65 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°to 15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
4.9/5 (21)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory MealCalories 605 per serving
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST – THE COOK'S ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 1101 per serving
- Whole beef tenderloin is not even in size throughout and it’s covered in some fat. The fat layer is actually very easy to peel off. What will not be as easy to peel off is the silver skin that’s underneath.
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN – FREE OF TOP ALLERGENS AND ...
PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE
PEPPERCORN CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - MARTHA.COM
PEPPERCORN-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN & HORSERADISH SAUCE RECIPE ...
MARINATED PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - I AM HOMESTEADER
BLACK-PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH CHIMICHURRI ...
BLACK PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - SIMPLY SCRATCH
GARLIC PEPPERCORN CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - WHAT'S GABY ...
PEPPER-CRUSTED CENTER-CUT BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST | COOK'S ...
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
PEPPERCORN CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - WYSE GUIDE
SPD MARKETS - RECIPE: PEPPER HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
PEPPER CRUSTED TENDERLOIN WITH RECIPE
PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN – LA BOîTE
PARMESAN-PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - PAMELA COOKS
GARLIC- AND PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - FRESH-PRESSED ...
PEPPER-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED ...
PARMESAN-PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN - RECIPE - …
PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES : OPTIMAL ...
PEPPER HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST ...
PEPPER HERB-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN | BEEF LOVING TEXANS
PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE
PEPPER CRUSTED ROAST BEEF RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
PEPPERCORN-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
GROUND BEEF TENDERLOIN RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
PEPPER CRUSTED ROAST BEEF TENDERLOIN - CHEF'S PENCIL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beef tenderloin in oven with peppercorns?Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine peppercorns, 1 tablespoon salt, the sugar, and red-pepper flakes. Rub all over tenderloin to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Advertisement Step 2 Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat until almost smoking.
What is the best Pepper Mill for whole beef tenderloin?Whole beef tenderloin is also known as whole filet. Not all pepper mills produce a coarse enough grind for this recipe; our top-rated pepper mill is the Cole & Mason Derwent Gourmet Precision Pepper Mill. Serve with Red Wine–Orange Sauce (recipe follows), if desired. 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees.
How long to cook beef tenderloin in the oven?Directions. Place the beef on a rack and set over a baking sheet. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 130 degrees F for medium rare, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer the beef to a cutting board, preferably a meat board with a reservoir to catch the juices,...
What do you need to cook a beef tenderloin?All you need is a whole beef tenderloin, fat trimmed off, a few pantry staples. Tie the tenderloin up every inch or so to keep it tight so it roasts evenly and you’re in business.