THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH
This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results! -Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 crusts (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, mix warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar; add yeast and whisk until dissolved. Let stand until bubbles form on surface. In a large bowl, whisk 3 cups flour, salt, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and, if desired, dried herbs. Make a well in center; add yeast mixture and oil. Stir until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead, adding more flour to surface as needed until no longer sticky and dough is smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes; transfer bowl to refrigerator and chill overnight. Allow dough to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes, before rolling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 121mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
QUICK AND EASY PIZZA CRUST
This is a great recipe when you don't want to wait for the dough to rise. You just mix it and allow it to rest for 5 minutes and then it's ready to go!! It yields a soft, chewy crust. For a real treat, I recommend you use bread flour and bake it on a pizza stone, but all-purpose flour works well too. Enjoy!
Provided by CHEF RIDER
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 292.8 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
For your next pizza night at home, make Bobby Flay's homemade Pizza Dough recipe from Food Network, and finish it with your favorite toppings.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 2 (14-inch) pizza crusts
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
Does the pizza delivery person know the route to your house by heart? With this easy recipe, you can bypass the pizzeria and pull together a piping hot, from-scratch pizza almost as quickly as it takes to get one delivered-using your own homemade pizza dough.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast. Add 3 tablespoons oil and the warm water. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl frequently. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves side of bowl. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rest 30 minutes.
- For Thin Crusts: Heat oven to 425°F. Grease two flat cookie sheets or 12-inch pizza pans with oil. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into 12-inch circle on one of the cookie sheets. Partially bake 7 to 8 minutes or until crusts just begin to brown. Add desired toppings; bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. For Thick Crusts: Grease two 8-inch square pans, or two 9-inch round pans with oil. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Divide dough in half. Pat each half in bottom of one of the pans. Cover loosely with clean kitchen towel; let dough rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes or until almost doubled in size. Move oven racks to lowest positions. Heat oven to 375°F. Partially bake 20 to 22 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Add desired toppings; bake about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1/8 of Recipe (without toppings), Sodium 300 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
ITALIAN ESSENTIALS: PIZZA DOUGH SEASONING MIX
I think that we can agree that the pizza crust can make or break a good pie. Whether it is the crispness of a thin-crust, or the doughiness of a thick crust, the dough is an important part of the experience. Years ago, I came up with a combination of dry spices that I add when making pizza dough. Not a lot, but just enough to...
Provided by Andy Anderson !
Categories Seasoning Mixes
Number Of Ingredients 18
- 1. PREP/PREPARE
- 2. OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS Many pizza makers add a bit of powdered milk to their dough. It mellows out the flour taste and makes for a more delicate crust. The marjoram and rosemary just give it a bit more of an Italian flavor, and the pepper flakes are for some kick.
- 3. Storage of homemade condiments and spices Because homemade spices and condiments do not contain any preservatives, it is important to store them properly. Non-reactive (glass) containers with tight-fitting lids are a must. If I am making a dry spice, I love to use old spice bottles that I have run through the dishwasher. If I am doing homemade sauces, I love using Weck jars. They are all glass, come in all sizes and shapes, and have excellent leakproof lids. If you shop online, you can go to Amazon, and type in "Weck Jars" and you will find a ton of them. Dry spices should be kept in a cool space, away from sunlight (spice cabinet), and sauces, in most cases, should be stored in the fridge. If properly stored, this spice mix should last 6 - 8 months.
- 4. Gather your ingredients (mise en place).
- 5. Add all the ingredients together, and then store, as mentioned above.
- 6. Make your pizza dough, then add a teaspoon or two of this seasoning to the dough as you are kneading it.
- 7. PLATE/PRESENT
- 8. Bake your pie. Enjoy.
- 9. Keep the faith, and keep cooking.
More about "pizza dough mix recipes"
BEST BASIC PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PIZZA DOUGH
5/5 (2)Category Baking, Comfort Food, Dinner, Main DishServings 4-6Total Time 9 hrs 25 mins
- Add the flour, olive oil and salt and mix with the dough hook on medium-low speed until the dough comes together, about 2 minutes.
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE – BEST EVER HOMEMADE PIZZA! | RECIPETIN ...
5/5 (153)Category MainsCuisine Italian, WesternCalories 116 per serving
- After rising, refrigerate bowl with dough for up to 5 days (do not punch down). Flavour gets better with time. (Note 7)
- Scrape dough out of bowl on work surface lightly dusted with flour. Shape into log, fully deflating dough in the process.
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH EVER - COPYKAT RECIPES
Ratings 8Calories 1048 per servingCategory Breads
- Place the 1/2 cup of warm water and yeast together in a medium bowl and whisk together briefly. Allow the yeast enough time to bubble up and become active, this should take a few minutes.
- If the yeast is inactive, you may need to replace the yeast and try again. Add room temperature water and oil to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Into a food processor bowl pour in flour and salt, pulse to combine. Add yeast, olive oil, and water through the tube of the food processor and process.
- The dough will form into a ball. Process until the dough is smooth and elastic. The dough will be sticky if you are going to use the dough immediately or within a few days place into a bowl that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, cover dough with plastic wrap. Let rise until the dough has doubled in size, this may take up to 2 hours.
- If you are going to freeze the dough you will need to turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 30 seconds before preparing the dough for the freezer and then wrap it tightly for the freezer to use later.
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH FOR BEGINNERS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.9/5 (463)Category Dinner
- Whisk the warm water, yeast, and granulated sugar together in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or paddle attachment. Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes. *If you don’t have a stand mixer, simply use a large mixing bowl and mix the dough with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula in the next step.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and flour. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands, knead the dough for 3-4 minutes (for a visual, watch me do it in the video above!). The dough can be a little too heavy for a mixer to knead it, but you can certainly use the mixer on low speed instead. After kneading, the dough should still feel a little soft. Poke it with your finger – if it slowly bounces back, your dough is ready to rise. If not, keep kneading.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil or nonstick spray– just use the same bowl you used for the dough. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to coat all sides in the oil. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 60-90 minutes or until double in size. (Tip: For the warm environment on a particularly cold day, heat your oven to 150°F (66°C). Turn the oven off, place the dough inside, and keep the door slightly ajar. This will be a warm environment for your dough to rise. After about 30 minutes, close the oven door to trap the air inside with the rising dough. When it’s doubled in size, remove from the oven.)
- Preheat oven to 475°F (246°C). Allow it to heat for at least 15-20 minutes as you shape the pizza. Lightly grease baking sheet or pizza pan with nonstick spray or olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal, which gives the crust extra crunch and flavor. Highly recommended.
KITCHENAID PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE – A COUPLE COOKS
Reviews 10Calories 242 per servingCategory Pizza Dough
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all ingredients (except cornmeal). Leave out a small amount of the water.
- Using the dough hook from the mixer, stir until a loose dough forms. If a dough doesn’t form, add the rest of the water. If the dough is extremely wet and sticky, and a pinch of flour.
- Attach the dough hook to the mixer and start on a low speed. Gradually increase the speed to medium until a ball forms. This should take about 30 seconds. If the dough does not release from the sides of the bowl, add a pinch of flour. If the dough is very dry and floury, add a small amount of water.
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - TASTE AND TELL
4.9/5 (280)Calories 138 per servingCategory Main Dish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water, sugar and yeast. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes until frothy. Add in the vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and the salt. Add the flour to the yeast mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well between additions. Continue adding the flour until the dough can be pulled away from the sides of the bowl with a spatula, but the dough will still be quite sticky. You may need to add in a little bit more or less flour, but the key is to remember that the dough will still be sticky and will stick to your fingers when you try to pull it apart.
- Grease a large bowl, then scrape the dough into the bowl. Turn the dough to coat it in oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel and a let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface. Pull the dough around to the bottom, stretching it to create a smooth ball. Cut the dough into 3 equal portions. Each ball will be approximately 1 pound of dough.
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Category Uncategorised RecipesCalories 490 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
- In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar and oil into 650ml of lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well.
- Keep mixing, drawing larger amounts of flour in, and when it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean, flour-dusted hands.
BETTY CROCKER™ PIZZA CRUST MIX - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Saturated Fat 1g 4%Total Fat 2g 3%Sodium 350mg 15%
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH | RICARDO
5/5 (396)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main Dishes
PIZZA DOUGH USING JIFFY MIX RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
22 CREATIVE RECIPES WITH PIZZA DOUGH | EAT THIS, NOT THAT!
3.4/5 (30)Published 2020-02-06
- Breadsticks. Breadsticks are a versatile snack—perfect for an appetizer at a party with a side of marinara sauce or a dinner sidekick—and they're easy to make with pizza dough.
- Buffalo Chicken Bites. Football season is a great excuse to score big with some fun-loving snacks. Claudia Sidoti, head chef at HelloFresh, a leading meal delivery service, suggests using a premade pizza dough to wrap up these bites.
- Crackers. Crackers are a cheese plate's BFF. They also make a great soup companion and are a fun-loving crunch for dips. Pizza dough makes a perfect cracker, provided you roll the dough very thin.
- Cinnamon Rolls. We're on a roll, so how about cinnamon rolls? Basically, we're talking pizza dough with butter, cinnamon, and sugar and that clutch cinnamon roll ingredient, a gooey vanilla or cream cheese glaze.
- Garlic Knots. You can easily make knots at home using pizza dough, says Sidoti. Twist your dough into a knot, brush with garlic butter (simply zap some butter and minced garlic in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds), and follow with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, and Italian seasoning.
- Apple Galette. Fall means apple pie season. Follow this recipe Jacques Pepin recipe that uses store-bought pizza dough to make an apple galette. And it's easy as pie to make.
- Mediterranean Turkey Pot Pies. Turkey or chicken pot pie made with pizza dough takes comfort food to another level. Make a typical pot pie or opt to bake ramekin pot pies for a party or to please little tykes.
- Cheesy Onion Focaccia Bread. You can turn any meal into a gourmet event by adding a cheesy focaccia bread to it, suggests Sidoti. Just top your pizza dough with brown sugar, onions, Italian seasoning, cheese, and bake at 400.
- Stromboli. Stromboli is excellent when made with pizza dough, says Sidoti. Take half of your dough and layer ham and pepperoni lengthwise. You can also add onion, pepper, marinara sauce, salami, bologna, fresh mozzarella, and other cheeses if you like.
- Dumplings. Who doesn't love dumplings? The irresistible pillows of goodness perfectly round out a flavorful fall soup or hearty winter stew. Our Everyday Life explains exactly how you can use pizza dough to make your dumplings.
PIZZA DOUGH IN 10 MINUTES - KITCHENAID MIXER MAGIC - 5 ...
4.5/5 (43)Category LunchCuisine North AmericaTotal Time 10 mins
CHEESY BREADSTICKS MADE FROM PIZZA DOUGH - SALLY'S BAKING ...
5/5 (10)Category Appetizer
- Prepare pizza dough through step 3. Punch the risen dough down to release the air bubbles. Divide in half. (Make a pizza with the other half or freeze half of the dough for another time. See dough recipe for freezing instructions.)
- On a lightly floured work surface or on a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat sprinkled with cornmeal (I skipped the optional cornmeal in the video above), roll the dough out into a 9×13 inch rectangle. The dough will want to be round, so do your best to shape it into a thin rectangle around this size– doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Combine the butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush over shaped dough. Cover evenly with shredded cheese.
BISQUICK PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - YEAST FREE PIZZA CRUST ...
Ratings 16Calories 150 per servingCategory Main Course
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Course
- To make the dough, mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large bowl and stir in the olive oil and milk. Gradually add the water, mixing well to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a damp teatowel and leave to rise for about 1½ hours, until doubled in size.
- When the dough has risen, knock it back, then knead again until smooth, roll into a ball and set aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour until risen again.
- Divide the dough into six balls and roll each out on a lightly floured work surface until 20cm/8in in diameter. (You can also make one big pizza.) Spread a little passata (or homemade tomato sauce) over each pizza base and top with your favourite toppings.
- Bake the pizzas in the oven for 10–12 minutes until the bases are crisp and golden brown around the edges and any cheese on top has melted.
POURABLE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - MASHED.COM
Ratings 8Category Dinner, Main CourseAuthor Ting DaltonCalories 360 per serving
100% BIGA PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE | GOZNEY
Servings 6Total Time 2 hrs 5 mins
26 THINGS TO MAKE WITH PIZZA DOUGH (THAT AREN'T PLAIN OL ...
PIZZA DOUGH MIX | CANADIAN LIVING
PIZZA FOR BEGINNERS – SIMPLE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE – GOZNEY
PIZZA DOUGH PACKET MIX RECIPES
10 BEST DESSERT WITH PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALL RECIPES UK EASY PIZZA DOUGH - BEST FISH CAKES RECIPE BBC
THIN-CRUST PIZZA DOUGH - COOKING RECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #main-dish #easy #beginner-cook #low-fat #pizza #dietary #gifts #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #inexpensive #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a 12 inch pizza dough mix?Pizza Makes 2 12-inch pizzas 1 package Pizza Dough Mix. 2 tablespoons olive oil. 1 cup warm water. 1 cup tomato sauce. 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese. 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan. 1 teaspoons crushed oregano. Place the Pizza Dough Mix in a large bowl& add the oil and water. Beat with a wooden spoon or dough hook until mixture forms a ball.
How do you make homemade pizza dough with bread flour?Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball.
How long does it take to make pizza dough with yeast?Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk to combine and then let sit until bubbles have formed on the top, about 10 minutes. Add the flour, olive oil and salt and mix with the dough hook on medium-low speed until the dough comes together, about 2 minutes.
How do you make a simple pizza?Pizza Dough. Pre heat oven to 450° (250° celsius). Punch dough down a few times and divide into 3 balls, let dough rest for 20 minutes. Place dough in desired pizza or cookie sheets (lightly oiled) and fit dough into desired shapes (using your clean hands). Top with your favourite toppings (without the cheese),...