PIZZA WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND MOZZARELLA
If you can't get your kids to eat peppers in a salad, you might try this pizza. Even without tomato sauce, this is still a red pizza.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, pizza and calzones, main course
Yield Makes one 12- to 14-inch pizza
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees with a baking stone in it.
- Peel the roasted red peppers, remove the seeds and membranes (holding the peppers over a bowl to catch the juices), and slice in thin strips. Toss in the bowl with the juices, salt and pepper to taste, the garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Roll out the dough, and line a 12- or 14-inch pizza pan. Brush all but the rim of the dough with the remaining olive oil. Arrange the green pepper rings over the dough. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and top with slices of mozzarella, placing the cheese inside and between the pepper rings. Distribute the roasted peppers over the surface of the pizza, and drizzle on the juice remaining in the bowl. Return to the oven for five to 10 minutes, until the crust is nicely browned and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven, scatter the shaved Parmesan and the basil over the top, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1147, UnsaturatedFat 36 grams, Carbohydrate 91 grams, Fat 65 grams, Fiber 14 grams, Protein 51 grams, SaturatedFat 24 grams, Sodium 1830 milligrams, Sugar 20 grams
PIZZA WITH PEPPER, ONION AND FETA
The foods in this easy recipe are powerhouses of nutrition. Why this recipe is good for you: Powerful antioxidants in peppers, onion, garlic and herbs; Plus, vegetables help lower high blood pressure.
Provided by USA WEEKEND columnist Jean Carper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lay crust on pizza pan or cookie sheet. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cheese; spoon over crust. Top with cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until vegetables are crispy-tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395.1 calories, Carbohydrate 54.4 g, Cholesterol 23.4 mg, Fat 16.8 g, Fiber 9.7 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 606.7 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
ROASTED RED PEPPER PIZZA
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield one 13-by-18-inch pizza
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Place a pizza stone or inverted rimmed baking sheet on the lower oven rack and preheat to 500 degrees F. Make the tomato sauce: Crush the tomatoes in a large bowl with your hands. Stir in the olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Make the pepper spread: Roast the chile pepper and bell pepper over the flame of a gas burner (or under the broiler), turning, until charred, 4 minutes for the chile and 6 to 8 minutes for the bell pepper. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Peel off the charred skins with your fingers (you may want to use gloves for the chile pepper to avoid irritation). Halve the peppers and remove the seeds. Combine the garlic, anchovies, red pepper flakes and oregano in a food processor. Add the roasted peppers and pulse until almost smooth. Pour in the olive oil and pulse a few times. Season with salt.
- Assemble the pizza: Keep the prebaked crust on the baking sheet. Spread with 3/4 cup to 1 cup tomato sauce (you will have extra sauce). Top with the mozzarella, then spoon 1/2 cup pepper spread on top. Sprinkle with half of the parmesan. Transfer the baking sheet to the hot pizza stone and bake until the cheese melts and the crust is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining parmesan and the herbs. Season with salt.
- Combine the flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in 2 cups warm water (about 105 degrees F) and 2 tablespoons olive oil with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until the dough rises slightly, about 1 hour.
- Using lightly floured hands, transfer the dough to a generously floured surface and knead several times until it just starts becoming smooth and elastic, about 1 minute (do not over-knead). Transfer to a lightly oiled large bowl. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, place a pizza stone or inverted rimmed baking sheet on the lower oven rack and preheat to 500 degrees F.
- Brush two rimmed 13-by-18-inch baking sheets (not nonstick) with 3 tablespoons olive oil each. Place one piece of dough on each baking sheet. Prepare the pizzas one at a time: Cover the dough with plastic wrap, then press firmly with your hands to fill the baking
- Remove the plastic wrap and transfer the baking sheet to the hot pizza stone. Bake until the crust starts browning, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully loosen the crust from the pan using a spatula. Top and bake (see recipe indexfor ideas), or let cool, lightly wrap in plastic and set aside up to 8 hours.
GRILLED CHICKEN PIZZA WITH MOZZARELLA AND ROASTED GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap garlic heads in foil and place on small rimmed baking pan. Transfer to oven and cook 1 hour or until garlic is dark golden brown and very soft. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes or until cool enough to touch. Squeeze garlic cloves from their skin into a small bowl.
- Preheat grill for two-zone grilling: half of grill should be set to medium-high; other half should be off (indirect heat).
- Stretch and shape dough into 14-inch circle and place on pizza pan or large tray. Brush one side of dough with 1 tablespoon oil. Use hands to transfer dough to direct heat side of grill, oiled side down. Do not worry if dough becomes a little misshapen during the transfer. Cook 2 minutes, or until the dough releases itself from the grates (do not disturb dough before it releases).
- Brush top side of dough with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then use tongs to flip dough. Cook 2 minutes or until dough releases from grates. Continue cooking dough 3 to 4 minutes longer or until dough is firm and grill-marked in all areas, flipping and rotating frequently but keeping grill closed when not flipping.
- Remove dough from grill and spread with sauce. Top with chicken, Stella® Mozzarella Cheese, everything bagel seasoning, and roasted garlic cloves.
- Transfer pizza back to grill on indirect heat side. Close grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until toppings are warmed through and crust is fully cooked.
- Remove pizza from grill and top with spinach. Cut and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520.1 calories, Carbohydrate 67.2 g, Cholesterol 19.8 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 18.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.4 g, Sodium 1368.5 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
PROSCIUTTO & PEPPER PIZZAS
Cheat your way to a speedy supper by using garlic flatbreads as a pizza base, then top as you wish- we like ham, peppers and mozzarella cheese
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Main course
Yield Makes 2
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9. Put the flatbreads on 2 baking trays and spoon over the tomato sauce.
- Top with the pepper strips, prosciutto and mozzarella. Bake for 15 mins, swapping the trays over halfway through cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 785 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 98 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 42 grams protein, Sodium 4.7 milligram of sodium
PIZZA WITH ROASTED GARLIC, BELL PEPPERS AND TWO CHEESES
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice top off garlic head; place in small baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brush baking sheet with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Place onion slices on sheet and brush onion with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Bake garlic and onion until garlic cloves are light brown and soft and onion is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool.
- Using fingers, squeeze out roasted garlic cloves into food processor; add sun-dried tomatoes. Using on/off turns, process until almost smooth, adding enough reserved oil form sun-dried tomatoes to form paste. (Onions and garlic mixture can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place crust on baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread garlic paste evenly over crust. Top with mozzarella cheese, onion, pepper strips and feta cheese. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Bake pizza until crust is golden brown and cheese bubbles, about 8 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and 1 tablespoon parsley. Cut into wedges and serve.
MOZZARELLA-TOPPED PEPPERS WITH TOMATOES AND GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil baking sheet. Arrange peppers, cut side up, on sheet. Mix tomatoes and garlic in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Fill pepper cavities with tomato mixture. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over each. Place 2 anchovy fillets atop each. Bake until peppers are tender, about 50 minutes.
- Arrange cheese atop peppers. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Transfer peppers to platter. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
More about "pizza with roasted peppers and mozzarella recipes"
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED RED PEPPER PIZZA. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
5/5 (11)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 346 per serving See details »
PIZZA MINI PEPPERS: PERFECT KETO ... - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
4.8/5 (62)Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 75 per serving
- Preheat your broiler on high (450 degrees F). Position an oven rack 6 inches from the heating element. Line a broiler-safe rimmed baking sheet with unbleached, broiler-safe parchment paper or with nonstick foil.
- Place the bell pepper halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet, and spray their bottoms with olive oil.
- Turn the bell peppers cut side up. Fill each bell pepper half with about a teaspoon of pizza sauce, and about 1/2 tablepsoon mozzarella. Spray the tops with olive oil.
PESTO, ROASTED RED PEPPER AND MOZZARELLA FLATBREAD
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main DishTotal Time 17 mins See details »
MARINATED PEPPERS AND MOZZARELLA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (6)Calories 83 per servingServings 6
- Preheat broiler to high. Arrange sweet peppers in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan; broil peppers 4 minutes on each side or until blackened and tender. Cool. Combine peppers, olive oil, garlic, lemon rind, crushed red pepper, salt, and baby mozzarella balls; toss. Cover and refrigerate overnight, tossing occasionally. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in basil leaves and lemon juice before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Kitchen Notes: Serve this stunning dish solo as a predinner nosh, or spoon over mixed lettuces for a fresh spin on salad. Reserve excess oil, and toss it with steamed brown rice or noodles.
PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE AND RED PEPPER SAUCE - INSIDE THE ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 454 per serving
- First, make the pizza dough by following one of the first two links. Basic Pizza dough (traditional dough) or Instant Pizza dough (no yeast, no rise, thin crust dough).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/gas mark 4. Cut the red bell peppers in half and remove the white pith. Use two small/average sized red bell peppers or one large (in Italy they are extra large so I only need one). Cut the tomatoes in half too.
PIZZA WITH SWEET PEPPERS AND MOZZARELLA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 268 per servingServings 6
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon cornmeal, oil, and salt to yeast mixture; stir well until smooth (dough will be sticky). Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down; cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 10 x 8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Cover and let rise 20 minutes or until puffy.
- Sprinkle dough with 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, leaving a 1-inch margin around the edges. Combine bell peppers and remaining ingredients; spoon evenly over cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the bell pepper mixture. Bake at 475° for 18 minutes or until cheese melts.
BUFFALO MOZZARELLA WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES & PEPPERS ...
Servings 4Total Time 40 minsCategory Antipasti-Eggs & CheeseCalories 259 per serving
- On a large platter, arrange the tomatoes and peppers side by side overlapping in an attractive manner.
PORTOBELLO-MUSHROOM AND RED-PEPPER PIZZA RECIPE - QUICK ...
5/5 Servings 1
- Heat the oven to 450°. In a large frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over moderately high heat. Put the peppers in the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, oil a 14-inch pizza pan or large baking sheet. Press the pizza dough onto the pan in an approximately 14-inch round or 9-by-13-inch rectangle.
- Spread the peppers and mushrooms on the pizza crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Sprinkle on the garlic, black pepper, and basil. Top with the mozzarella and then with the Parmesan. Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Bake until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes longer.
GRILLED PIZZA WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER, GARLIC & FRESH ...
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main CourseServings 8 See details »
ROASTED PEPPER PIZZA - GUIDING STARS
Servings 3Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
ROASTED RED PEPPERS, FRESH MOZZARELLA AND BASIL - FOR A ...
Category Appetizers & Snacks See details »
FETA, ROASTED RED PEPPER, AND SPINACH PIZZA – WE LIKE TWO COOK
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
PIZZA RECIPE : ROASTED GARLIC AND PEPPERS PIZZA
Category ToppingsPreparation 105 MinutesCooking Time 8-12 MinutesServings 12'' Pizza (2-4) See details »
ROASTED BELL PEPPER AND CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE | PIZZA WITH ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 42 mins See details »
PIZZA WITH PESTO FRESH TOMATOES AND MOZZARELLA
See details »
SHEET PAN PIZZA WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND GREENS RECIPE
See details »
EASIEST WAY TO PREPARE SUPER QUICK HOMEMADE ROASTED ...
See details »
PIZZA WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND MOZZARELLA RECIPE | RECIPE ...
See details »
HOW TO COOK VITA PIZZA WITH MINCED MEAT AND PEPPERS - RECIPE
See details »
ROASTED GARLIC WHITE PIZZA SAUCE - SIMPLY RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love