PORK SAUSAGE WITH HERB SPAETZLE
- For the sausage: In a large bowl, combine the pork, garlic, sage, salt and crushed red pepper. Run the mixture through a meat grinder fitted with the die with the largest holes. Repeat so that all the meat goes through the grinder twice. Add the water and Parmesan and mix together.
- Attach the sausage-stuffing attachment to the meat grinder, keeping the grinder blade and die in place. Place a generous amount of the sausage mixture into the grinder pan. Give the casings a slight bit of resistance by holding onto the sausage stuffer with three fingers and letting the casing slip through your thumb and forefinger. Turn the machine on and fill the casings, being careful to avoid any air bubbles.
- Twist the casings to create evenly-sized 4-inch sausages. Tie the sausages with butcher's twine to keep them nicely sealed, then prick all over with a pin or skewer to allow steam to escape while cooking (you don't want to have a blow-out!).
- Place the sausage links into boiling water and parboil for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the water, reserving the sausage water for spätzle, and transfer sausages to a preheated saute pan slicked with oil. Saute until browned, about 6 minutes.
- For the spaetzle: Bring the sausage water back to a boil over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until homogeneous.
- Add the flour to a large bowl and make a well in the flour. Add a pinch of salt and then, with a fork, gradually combine the milk-egg mixture with the flour. Mix until just combined. Stir in half of the dill, marjoram, oregano and parsley (1/4 cup total).
- Place the batter in a colander set over the boiling sausage water. Using a rubber spatula or a spaetzle maker, push the batter through the colander and into the water. Boil the spaetzle until firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and add to a preheated saute pan slicked with oil. Add the savoy cabbage, white wine and mustard and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Finish with the butter.
- Serve 2 sausages to a plate with herb spaetzle on the side.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg-milk mixture. Gradually draw in the flour from the sides and combine well; the dough should be smooth and thick. Let the dough rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot, then reduce to a simmer. To form the spaetzle, hold a large holed colander or slotted spoon over the simmering water and push the dough through the holes with a spatula or spoon. Do this in batches so you don't overcrowd the pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the spaetzle floats to the surface, stirring gently to prevent sticking. Dump the spaetzle into a colander and give it a quick rinse with cool water.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the spaetzle; tossing to coat. Cook the spaetzle for 1 to 2 minutes to give the noodles some color, and then sprinkle with the chopped chives and season with salt and pepper before serving.
- Place flour in a medium bowl, making a well for the eggs. Introduce the eggs, and mix with a fork; then knead to form a stiff dough. Pinch off half-inch pieces of batter with fingers, and cook in a large pot of boiling water until dumplings float to the top, 5 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149.3 calories, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 92.5 mg, Fat 2.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 74.9 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
PAPA ORIOLD'S SPAETZLE
- Mix flour, water, eggs, salt, and baking powder in a bowl until blended.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place part of the dough into a spaetzle press or potato ricer. Press dough into boiling water; cook and stir until pasta floats, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and rinse with water; repeat with remaining dough.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.4 calories, Carbohydrate 36.1 g, Cholesterol 116.3 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 351.5 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
PORK SCHNITZEL WITH SAUCE
Whenever I serve this pork schnitzel, people always ask for the recipe. German-style schnitzel is usually made with veal. I substituted pork to save money without sacrificing flavor. -Diane Katzmark, Metamora, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Flatten meat to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, seasoned salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place bread crumbs and paprika in a third shallow dish. Coat meat with flour; dip in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes., In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm. , In the same skillet, stir in 1/3 cup broth, scraping browned bits. In a bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, dill, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with cutlets. If desired, garnish with dill.
Nutrition Facts :
PORK AND SAUERKRAUT WITH SPAETZLE RECIPE - (3/5)
Provided by á-519
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cover pork with water plus a little more and bring to a boil. Add the cut apple and boil with the meat for 1/2 to 3/4 hours; then add the sauerkraut. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove pork and throw away the apple. Add spaetzle and boil for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve with the pork.
PORK OVER SPAETZLE
- 1. Cook spaetzle for 25 minutes, as per package directions. (For noodles, cook 7 minutes or as per package directions.) 2. Meanwhile, blend flour, 1 teaspoon of the rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper in a dish. Coat pork in flour mixture. 3. Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts, radicchio, mushrooms, remaining rosemary and vegetable broth. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. 4. In another large skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add half the pork and brown on both sides (1 to 2 minutes per side). Repeat with remaining pork. 5. Drain spaetzle and stir into veggies. Serve pork over spaetzle mixture.
This traditional German dish is one of the most popular dishes in our family restaurant. It is so delicious when served with schnitzel or Parmesan cheese.-5;Essen Haus, Bob and Gail Worm, Madison, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Add eggs and milk; stir to mix well (batter will be thick). In a Dutch oven or large kettle, bring chicken broth to a boil. Drop batter by 1/2 teaspoonfuls into boiling liquid. Boil until spaetzle rise to the surface; remove to ice water. Drain well. In a skillet, heat spaetzle in butter until lightly browned. Serve with schnitzel and gravy or with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 190mg cholesterol, Sodium 920mg sodium, Carbohydrate 51g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
PORK SAUTEED WITH SAUERKRAUT
I'm not sure if this is authentically German, but with pork, beer and sauerkraut it's close enough for me. This is excellent served over spaetzle.
Provided by quotPink Eyedquot J
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Render the fat out of the bacon, then cook until crisp.
- Removed the bacon from the pan, without draining oil.
- Saute the onion in the bacon fat until nicely caramelized.
- Add the pork strips and brown on all sides.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garlic about 1 minute before the pork is done.
- Add the sauerkraut and saute about 10 minutes, until the sauerkraut starts to brown and wilt a bit.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the sauerkraut and mix in.
- Mix the paprika into the beer, and add to the pan.
- Cook until most of the beer has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with reserved bacon crumbled on top.
More about "pork over spaetzle recipes"
PORK AND MUSHROOM RAGOUT WITH SPäTZLE | RECIPE
4.5/5 (19)Total Time 45 minsCategory GermanCalories 693 per serving
- Mix flour, eggs, salt, and cold water in a bowl. Let rest for ten minutes. Quarter the mushrooms. Finely dice garlic and onion. Cut the pork into small pieces and season with salt.
- In a large frying pan, fry the meat on all sides. Remove browned pork from pan, then add mushrooms and sauté for approx. 5 min. Add onion and garlic, mix to combine, then deglaze with white wine, vegetable stock, and lemon juice. Let cook for 10 min., then season with thyme, salt, pepper, and sugar. Add the pork back to the pan and cook for approx. 3 – 4 min. more.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and season with salt. Transfer some dough to a wooden cutting board and scrape the spätzle into the water. When the spätzle rises to the surface, they’re ready to be removed with a slotted spoon. Drain well, then transfer to a frying pan with melted butter. Serve on a plate and pour sour cream over the ragout for garnish. Enjoy!
10 BEST PORK SPAETZLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GESCHNETZLETES (CREAMY HUNTER'S SAUCE) RECIPE - THE …
ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH CHEESY SPAETZLE - MANDY JACKSON
PORK SCHNITZEL WITH SPAETZLE - SO MUCH FOOD
ZURICH-STYLE PORK TENDERLOIN WITH SPäTZLE RECIPE - EAT …
PORK SCHNITZEL & SPAETZLE - STRYKER FARM
GERMAN SPAETZLE WITH CABBAGE - COUNTRY AT HEART …
OMA'S GERMAN CHEESE SPäTZLE - KäSESPäTZLE (GERMAN …
RECIPE: PAN-ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH BROWN …
GRANNY'S GERMAN SPAETZLE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
PORK LOIN ROAST WITH SPAETZLE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FLORENTINE PORK SCHNITZEL & GREEN ONION SPAETZLE
EASY PORK SCHNITZEL RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
PORK SCHNITZEL RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
10 BEST SPAETZLE NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED SPAETZLE WITH PORK RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsServings 4
HOMEMADE GERMAN SPAETZLE RECIPE - THE DARING GOURMET
OKTOBERFEST PORK CHOPS & SPäTZLE | COMMISSARIES
SPAETZLE RECIPE - HOMEMADE, EASY, AUTHENTIC! - ALL TASTES GERMAN
GERMAN SPAETZLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SHOULDER, SAUERKRAUT, AND SPAETZLE - SHADY GROVE RANCH
ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH BACON AND ONION SPAETZLE RECIPE
PULLED PORK SPAETZLE MAC AND CHEESE - CAKE 'N KNIFE
10 BEST PORK SPAETZLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GERMAN PORK SCHNITZEL RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
PORK SCHNITZEL WITH SPAETZLE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SMOKEY PORK CHOUCROUTE OVER GERMAN SPAETZLE | EDIBLE DELMARVA
MUSTARD PORK WITH SPAETZLE - BIGOVEN.COM
JAGERSCHNITZEL WITH SPAETZLE ⋆ VINTAGE MOUNTAIN HOMESTEAD
GERMAN SPAETZLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - JäGERSPäTZLE
GERMAN SPAETZLE DUMPLINGS - THERESCIPES.INFO
SCHNITZEL OVER BUTTERED SPäTZLE WITH SWEET + SOUR CABBAGE
RECIPES - BECHTLE TEIGWAREN
SPAETZLE: 9 RECIPES FOR THIS DELIGHTFUL GERMAN SIDE DISH
HOMEMADE SPAETZLE - JO COOKS
CRISPY RACK OF PORK WITH HERBED SPAETZLE - SNAKE RIVER FARMS
ROASTED PORK SHOULDER CRISPY SPAETZLE & SAUERKRAUT RECIPE
Pork Schnitzel with Sour Cream Dill Sauce & German Spaetzle Dumplings recipe56K views-06:42
Quick and Simple Recipe | Spaetzle with Chicken Breast Fillet | Under 30 Minutes Recipe |10K views-05:55
How to Make Chicken Paprikash, Buttered Spaetzle, and Ground Beef Stroganoff92K views-23:11
Pork Schnitzel and Spaetzle153 views-09:19
Sparkle's Kitchen - Slow Cooker Chicken Paprikash with Spaetzle Dumplings749 views-15:15
Braised Chicken & Spaetzle Show489 views-23:41
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for a spaetzle?Ingredients US Customary 1 2 cups all-purpose flour (you can also use whole wheat flour) 2 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 3 4 large eggs 4 1/2 cup milk or water + more as needed (milk produces a richer Spaetzle) (**add more flour if the dough is too runny, add more milk or water if it's ... 5 butter for serving
How to make German pork schnitzel?How to Make German Pork Schnitzel. Place three shallow dishes out on the counter. In the first, place the flour. In the second, beat the egg with a fork then stir in the milk. In the third, the seasoned bread crumbs. Working one pork chop at a time, dredge the meat in the flour, then dunk in the egg mixture, and coat with the bread crumbs.
What is a spaetzle sauce?A creamy sauce with pork, mushrooms and onions, it is traditionally served with Spaetzle, egg noodles, or potatoes. Spaetzle, homemade or purchased and cooked according to package directions. Or 1 (16 oz) package egg noodles cooked according to package directions.
How to cook Spätzle noodles?Press the Spätzle maker down to squeeze the Spätzle noodles out into the simmering water. Simmer the Spätzle for about 2-3 minutes or until they float to the top. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the Spätzle to a colander and then immediately put them in a bowl of very cold water. This helps them firm up to the desired consistency.