- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or casserole over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté gently for about 10 minutes, until softened. Add the paprika and 1 tablespoon of the oregano. Cook for another minute.
- If using dried beans, drain them after soaking and add to the pan with the stock and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the beans are completely tender (dried beans vary, and sometimes this may take over an hour). Add the squash, stir well, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the squash is just tender, then add the green beans and corn kernels and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- If using canned beans, add the drained, rinsed beans, the squash, bay leaf, and stock at the same time, and simmer until the squash is just tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Then add the green beans and corn kernels and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- To finish, season well-I use about 1 teaspoon of salt and plenty of pepper. Stir in the remaining oregano, leave to settle for a couple of minutes, then serve.
POROTOS GRANADOS (CHILEAN BEAN STEW)
This hearty harvest recipe is perfect for the coldest nights but stands up just as well to the summer heat. Using frozen vegetables, you can put together this dish in minutes and have it on the table in an hour.
Provided by Stefanie N
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat; add the onion and cover. Cook the onions until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir the squash, great Northern beans, and lima beans into the pot; pour the chicken stock over the mixture. Cover and cook until the squash is tender and beginning to break apart, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Stir the corn and basil into the stew; cook until the stew reaches the consistency of pancake batter, about 10 minutes more. Sprinkle the chopped banana pepper over individual portions to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.1 calories, Carbohydrate 53.2 g, Cholesterol 0.4 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 12 g, Protein 14.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 356.3 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
"Porotos" is Chile's word for "beans". This is a native Chilean dish. My mother-in-law gave me her version, but I like Ruth Van Waerbeek- Gonzalez' (The Chilean Kitchen) version as well, so this is my own, which is an adaptation of the two. Serve Chilean style with fresh bread and a salad of sliced tomatoes and onion drizzled with olive oil. This is a typical autumn and winter dish at our house.(prep time does not include soaking time for beans.)
Provided by Sernarama
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Rinse beans, place in a large pot with 6- 8 cups water, bring to a boil, turn off the heat and allow beans to soak for one hour.
- Drain beans and add chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer another hour.
- In a separate skillet, heat oil and saute onion, bell pepper and carrot, when onion is translucent, add squash and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture, corn and paprika to beans.
- Simmer 30 mins, or until beans and squash are tender.
- Add chopped basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
POROTOS GRANADOS (BEAN STEW)
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. It's from a special edition of Saveur, The Best of Tex-Mex Cooking. They recommend you use 2 cups dried navy beans soaked overnight, but I've altered the recipe and cooking time for canned. I also halved the amount of oil. When I tried this it made a rather soupy stew; if you prefer your stews drier, I suggest cutting back on the broth, and add more if it gets too dry.
Provided by Kumquat the Cats fr
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-low heat. Stir in paprika, then add onions and cook until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add navy beans and broth to pot, then add winter squash and lima beans. Cover and simmer over low heat until squash begins to soften, about 30 minutes. Add up to 1/4 cup water if mixture becomes too dry.
- Stir corn and basil into pot and cook, uncovered, until the corn is tender and sauce is thick, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.1, Fat 6, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 330.6, Carbohydrate 51.2, Fiber 13.2, Sugar 2.4, Protein 11.8
More about "porotos granados recipes"
CHILEAN BEAN STEW “POROTOS GRANADOS”
POROTOS GRANADOS (CHILEAN BEAN STEW) - WOODLAND FOODS
POROTOS GRANADOS | RIVER COTTAGE
POROTOS GRANADOS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
POROTOS GRANADOS (EASY) - RECIPE COMOQUIERO
HOW TO MAKE POROTOS GRANADOS FROM CHILE - YOUTUBE
POROTOS GRANADOS – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
CHILE - POROTOS GRANADOS
POROTOS GRANADOS (BEAN STEW) RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | NAVY …
POROTOS GRANADOS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
POROTOS GRANADOS | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
CHILEAN POROTOS GRANADOS RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
POROTOS GRANADOS | BARCOMBE NURSERIES
POROTOS GRANADOS: CHILE’S GIFT TO THE WORLD – TRAVELING BOY
POROTOS GRANADOS - PHYSICIANS COMMITTEE FOR …
RECETA DE POROTOS GRANADOS - CHILE | CHILEAN RECIPES, FOOD, …
POROTOS GRANADOS - PLAIN.RECIPES
THE ULTIMATE CHILEAN POROTOS GRANADOS RECIPE - CHILEAN …
CHILEAN SWEET POTATO STEW: POROTOS GRANADOS - ANOTHER MUSIC IN A ...
POROTOS GRANADOS - DRINKS & RECIPES
POROTOS GRANADOS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
GOLD MEDAL WINE CLUB RECIPES | POROTOS GRANADOS
POROTOS GRANADOS – VEGAN, DAIRY AND GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE - HELEN J.
CHILEAN POROTOS GRANADOS - JENNIFERSKITCHEN
RECETA POROTOS GRANADOS | GOURMET - YOUTUBE
POROTOS GRANADOS RECIPE (CHILEAN PUMPKIN AND CRANBERRY BEAN …
POROTOS GRANADOS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
RECIPE FOR CHILEAN POROTOS GRANADOS: COUNTRYSIDE BEAN STEW
POROTOS GRANADOS (BEAN STEW) - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CHILEAN POROTOS GRANADOS: HOW TO PREPARE THE CHILEAN SOUP
POROTOS GRANADOS - THE KITCHEN GARDEN
JUAN PABLO MELLADO'S POROTOS GRANADOS — THE BUTTER LAB
POROTOS GRANADOS - WIKIPEDIA
POROTOS GRANADOS - WORLD'S GREATEST PULSE DISHES, SALADS, SOUPS …
POROTOS GRANADOS | HUNGRY SOFIA
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #healthy #main-dish #beans #vegetables #low-fat #south-american #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #chilean #low-in-something #corn #squash #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love