- Place potatoes, carrots, celery and onion in a pot. Pour in wine, add sugar, salt, and oil. Add 2 cups of chicken broth. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- While vegetables cook, brown chorizo in a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- If your leftover chicken was frozen, defrost in microwave. If the leftovers were refrigerated, continue with recipe method as below.
- Remove the cover from the vegetables and add chorizo to the vegetables. Stir in tomato sauce. Set cooked chicken into the pot and heat through, 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Ladle Portuguese Chicken into shallow bowls and garnish with parsley. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
HOMEMADE PORTUGUESE CHICKEN
This Portuguese chicken can be baked or grilled. You may double or triple the recipe (or more if required) for bigger batches of chicken. An easy recipe to make several servings for a party!
Provided by Juliette D.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, chili powder, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until very smooth.
- Score chicken legs a few times using a knife and place in a resealable bag or a bowl. Pour about 1/3 cup of sauce over chicken and toss well. Season with additional sea salt. Cover or seal and marinate chicken in a refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight. Reserve remaining sauce for basting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn chicken over and baste with extra marinade. Cover baking dish with foil once again and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near a bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.5 g, Cholesterol 139.8 mg, Fat 34.5 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 40.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 660.8 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in large bowl. Add chicken pieces to seasoned flour, 1 at a time, and turn to coat. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and sauté until brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate; reserve skillet.
- Arrange chicken in single layer in large ovenproof pot. Top with tomatoes and juice, prosciutto, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, and bay leaves; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon paprika. Add wine and Port to reserved skillet. Bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Remove from heat. Whisk in mustard and tomato paste; pour mixture over chicken and bring to boil. Cover; transfer to oven.
- Braise chicken until very tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Discard bay leaves and parsley. Using tongs, transfer chicken and toppings to platter. Return sauce in pot to simmer. If thicker sauce is desired, stir 1 tablespoon flour and butter in small bowl until smooth paste forms. Add flour paste to sauce and whisk to blend. Simmer until sauce thickens to desired consistency, whisking often. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken and serve.
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN I
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and cook until nicely browned on both sides. Pour in chicken stock and white wine, using enough chicken stock so that the chicken pieces are covered halfway to two thirds by liquid. Add whole garlic cloves. Reduce heat to medium-low, sprinkle flour over the top of the contents of the pan and cover with a lid. Simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove to a dish, and keep warm. Boil the liquid in the skillet until it is reduced to about 1 1/2 cups. Whisk cream into the reduced liquid, breaking up the garlic cloves as much as you can. Return chicken to the pan, and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 652.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.5 g, Cholesterol 225.4 mg, Fat 45 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 43.4 g, SaturatedFat 24.2 g, Sodium 1040.2 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
PORTUGUESE PERI PERI CHICKEN
Portuguese Peri Peri Chicken with Crispy Potatoes - smoky, flavorful and delicious, served over crispy potatoes, with a flavorful cilantro yogurt sauce.
Provided by Sylvia Fountaine| Feasting at Home
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Rehydrate dried chilies in a small pot of simmering water on the stove for 20 minutes. Remove stem and seeds.
- Butterfly the chicken: Rinse inside and out, removing innards. Pat dry. Place on a cutting board, breast down. Using sharp kitchen scissors, cut along both sides of the spine, remove and discard. Turn the chicken over, and placing your hand on the breast bone, press down hard with the palm of your hand, to flatten.
- Make the marinade by blending the marinade ingredients into a paste with a blender or food processor. Brush a layer of the marinade on the bottom of your large sheet pan.
- Place the thinly sliced potatoes on top of the marinade and sprinkle with a generous pinch of kosher salt, overlapping slightly but not too much.
- Brush all sides and crevasses of the chicken with the marinade, coating fairly heavily. (You will add more marinade during cooking, so be sure to save the remaining.) Place chicken, skin side down on the potatoes and place in the hot oven.
- Turn chicken over after 15 minutes, and place back in the oven. After 15 minutes, brush more marinade all over the chicken on the skin side, really lathering it up. Return to the oven and bake until cooked through another 15-30 minutes, or until leg/ thigh reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. The bigger the chicken, the longer this will take. ( A large, 5-6 pound chicken may take an additional 20 minutes!) To crisp the skin and get it deeply brown, broil for a few minutes. A little char is good here!!! Remove chicken when done and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. You can continue to cook the potatoes or crisp them up ( with broiler) while resting the chicken and cutting it into pieces.
- While chicken is roasting, combine Cilantro Sauce ingredients together, either in a bowl- mixing by hand, or in a food processor. Serve cilantro sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485 calories, Sugar 2.2 g, Sodium 1295.2 mg, Fat 15.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 30.2 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 54.3 g, Cholesterol 165.5 mg
PORTUGUESE ROASTED CHICKEN
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken on cutting board, breast-side down. Use a pair of poultry shears or heavy-duty kitchen scissors to cut along either side of the bird's backbone; remove. Turn the chicken over; use palms to press on breast bones to flatten the chicken. Using a sharp, heavy knife, cut the chicken between breast halves. The chicken will be in 2, flat pieces.
- Place an ovenproof cooling rack on a large rimmed baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and pimento paste, then rub over the chicken. Transfer the chicken to a rack, then pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 cup wine over the chicken. Roast 30 minutes; turn the chicken over and pour the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 cup wine over the chicken. Roast the chicken until golden, moist, and opaque throughout, about 30 minutes.
PORTUGUESE BARBECUED CHICKEN
- Combine wine, lemon rind, and juice, tomato paste, oil, paprika, hot pepper sauce, salt, and garlic; pour over chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover or bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat; skin side down for 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook, brushing with marinade an additional 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN SOUP (CANJA)
Virtually every culture on Earth has a style of making chicken soup that they can call their own, and in Portugal it involves rice, lemon, and mint. Adapted from Worldwide Recipes.
Provided by TxGriffLover
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the chicken stock, chicken pieces, onion, parsley, and lemon zest in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer covered until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces and cool enough to handle. Remove and discard the skin and bones and cut or tear the meat into small pieces.
- Strain the soup through cheesecloth (muslin) and discard the solids. Return the stock and meat to the pot and add the rice, mint, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.
MACAU-STYLE PORTUGUESE CHICKEN
This comforting golden curry recipe is one of the national dishes of my hometown, Macau. Since moving to Toronto, I searched and could not find an authentic version of the dish that reminded me of the dish I grew up having. My version is close and holds a special place in my heart. - Sammi Pun, Sam's Edit
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Combine the first 7 ingredients; rub over chicken. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour or overnight. Meanwhile, place potato in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until just tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove and set aside. Reserve 5 slices chorizo for topping. In the same pan, cook and stir remaining chorizo, tomato paste, garlic and bay leaves for 1 minute. Add onion, green pepper and tomato; cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes., Stir in coconut milk, broth, cooked potato, 8 olives and reserved chicken. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Preheat broiler., Transfer chicken mixture to a 13x9 baking pan, place egg, reserved chorizo and remaining 4 olives over top; sprinkle with coconut. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until coconut is toasted, 7-10 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Serve curry with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 551 calories, Fat 38g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 137mg cholesterol, Sodium 1013mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
More about "portuguese chicken recipes"
PORTUGUESE-STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (70)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory Main Dishes
- In a small saucepan over high heat, brown the shallots in ¼ cup (60 ml) of the oil. Add the piri piri and paprika. Cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining oil (¼ cup/60 ml), the wine, broth and butter. Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- On a work surface, place the chicken, breast side down. With a chef’s knife or kitchen shears, remove the backbone and push down to open the chicken flat.
CHICKEN WITH CHOURIçO - FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
CHICKEN FRICASSEE | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
PERI PERI CHICKEN RECIPE - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PORTUGUESE MARINATED CHICKEN RECIPE - SIZZLING EATS
QUICK AND EASY PORTUGUESE-STYLE CHICKEN - RICARDO
5/5 (76)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main Dishes
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN RECIPE : SBS FOOD
3.1/5 (496)Servings 6Cuisine PortugueseCategory Main
PORTUGUESE INSPIRED ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
MACANESE STYLE PORTUGUESE CURRY CHICKEN 葡國雞 | CHINESE …
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN - ASTRAL CHICKEN
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN & RICE (ARROZ COM FRANGO)
10 BEST PORTUGUESE SAUCE FOR CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORTUGUESE PIRI PIRI CHICKEN RECIPE | NELSONCARVALHEIRO.COM
CHICKEN ARCHIVES - EASY PORTUGUESE RECIPES
BEST PORTUGUESE-STYLE POT-ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
MACAU-STYLE BAKED PORTUGUESE CHICKEN RICE - CHRISTIE AT HOME
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN MOZAMBIQUE - SIZZLING EATS
30 AUTHENTIC PORTUGUESE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PERI PERI CHICKEN RECIPE - MAD CREATIONS HUB
PORTUGUESE STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN (FRANGO GRELHADO)
PORTUGUESE BBQ PERI PERI CHICKEN (HOMEMADE NANDO’S RECIPE)
PORTUGUESE PERI PERI BAKED CHICKEN - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
BAKED PORTUGUESE COCONUT CHICKEN 焗葡國雞 - AUNTIE EMILY'S …
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN — BAROSSA FINE FOODS
EASY PORTUGUESE STYLE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN | PHOTOS & FOOD
PORTUGUESE RECIPE FOR CHICKEN STEW - THIS IS HOW I COOK
BEST PORTUGUESE-AFRICAN CHICKEN RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PORTUGUESE GRILLED CHICKEN (PIRI PIRI) RECIPE - URBAINE CITY
CHICKEN PORTUGUESE | CHICKEN.CA
PORTUGUESE STYLE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN - BROILKING
PORTUGUESE-STYLE ROAST CHICKEN | PHOTOS & FOOD
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH CILANTRO YOGURT DIP
PIRI PIRI CHICKEN – PORTUGUESE GRILLED CHICKEN
PORTUGUESE STYLE CHICKEN MARINADE - HOMESPUNCAFE
MACANESE STYLE PORTUGUESE CHICKEN (GALINHA à PORTUGUESA) (PO …
PORTUGUESE CHICKEN DINNER RECIPE | RECIPE | CHICKEN RECIPES, …
PORTUGUESE ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | NEW IDEA MAGAZINE
PORTUGUESE SIMPLE BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE - PINTEREST
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #easy #european #beginner-cook #portuguese #chicken #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love