HOMESTYLE POTATO CHIPS
Making homestyle potato chips is fun and easy. Guaranteed they won't last long! A food processor with a slicing attachment is very helpful. Experiment with the thickness; you may like them thicker or thinner. I like to use olive oil because it has less trans fats, but you can use safflower, corn, or peanut oil as well as vegetable oil.
Provided by ALMALOU
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place potato slices into a large bowl of cold water as you slice. Drain, and rinse, then refill the bowl with water, and add the salt. Let the potatoes soak in the salty water for at least 30 minutes. Drain, then rinse and drain again.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Fry potato slices in small batches. Once they start turning golden, remove and drain on paper towels. Continue until all of the slices are fried. Season with additional salt if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 2622.6 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water and salt. Soak for 30 minutes., Drain potatoes; place on paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, celery salt and pepper; set aside. , In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. , Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 703mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- Peel all of the potatoes and slice them thinly using a mandolin. Place the slice on a kitchen towel and make sure to dry them off. This will prevent the oil from spattering from the excess moisture of the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or a fryer, to 350 degrees F.
- Slowly add the potato slices and fry for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Quickly remove the chips from the oil and drain on paper towels. While the chips are still hot, sprinkle the salt over the chips.
- Serve while still hot with your favorite dressing or condiment.
Make your own potato chips using your microwave. A tasty and easy alternative to store-bought potato chips (not to mention economical)! A mandoline would make slicing the potato into paper thin slices a breeze.
Provided by Jessica
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Pour the vegetable oil into a plastic bag (a produce bag works well). Add the potato slices, and shake to coat.
- Coat a large dinner plate lightly with oil or cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned (if not browned, they will not become crisp). Times will vary depending on the power of your microwave. Remove chips from plate, and toss with salt (or other seasonings). Let cool. Repeat process with the remaining potato slices. You will not need to keep oiling the plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80.2 calories, Carbohydrate 11.6 g, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 294.5 mg
HEALTHIER HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 F. Arrange potato slices directly onto oven rack in a single layer. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Place in serving bowl and sprinkle lightly with vinegar, chili, salt and pepper.
ROASTED THICK POTATO CHIPS
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Thinly slice the potatoes lengthwise 1/8-inch thick. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on nonstick baking sheet. Brush the potatoes with extra-virgin olive oil, rosemary and grill seasoning. Bake potatoes turning once 25 minutes until crisp.
- Preheat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a 4-quart cast iron Dutch oven. A deep-fry thermometer clipped to the Dutch oven should reach 300 degrees F.
- While the oil heats, line a large mixing bowl with paper towels.
- On a mandoline or with a sharp knife, cut 8 to 10 slices of the potato, widthwise, to about the thickness of a dime. Carefully add the slices 1 at a time to the hot oil. Using a spider, constantly move the slices in the hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove the chips with the spider, allowing some of the excess oil to drain off. Move the finished chips to the lined bowl and shake to remove additional oil. Adjust the heat as necessary to maintain 300 degrees F and continue slicing and frying the potatoes in small batches. When the final batch has finished frying, sprinkle the chips with kosher salt, to taste, and shake the bowl to evenly distribute the salt. Remove the paper towels and serve.
SPICED-UP POTATO CHIPS
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Spread out the potato chips on 2 baking sheets. Bake until hot, oily-looking and slightly golden, about 10 minutes. Dump the chips into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, mix the garlic salt, paprika, cayenne and 1 tablespoon black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle on the hot chips and gently toss.
BUBBLE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE BY TASTY
The crispy potato chips puff up as they fry so that they are hollow in the middle. They are crazy fun to make and eat and pair well with your favorite dip-we like this zesty bacon-packed crème fraîche!
Provided by Codii Lopez
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until the temperature reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Use a mandoline to thinly slice the potatoes into ⅛-inch-thick rounds. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on a paper towel-lined baking sheet and let dry for 5 minutes.
- Lightly dust the cornstarch over half of the potato slices, then use a pastry brush to distribute the cornstarch evenly over the potatoes.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the remaining potato slices with the egg white.
- Place a cornstarch slice on top of an egg white slice with the cornstarch and egg white on the inside. Repeat with the remaining potato slices.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the rounded edges of each layered potato so they are even rectangles.
- Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot, gently place the potatoes in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. They will deflate, but don't worry.
- Once all of the potatoes have been fried once, return to the oil for 1 minute more, until puffed and crispy. Remove from the oil, return to the paper towel-lined plate, and generously season with salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the crème fraîche, lime zest and juice, cumin, cayenne, chives, and bacon.
- Serve the bubble potato chips with the spiced crème fraîche.
SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potato into ⅛-inch to ¼-inch (3- to 6-mm) slices. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil until fully coated. Add the seasonings and toss to coat. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet without overlapping the potatoes.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown. Let the slices cool to room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710 calories, Carbohydrate 55 grams, Fat 54 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 17 grams
BAKED POTATO CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside. Put potatoes, oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and the cayenne in a large bowl; season with pepper. Toss to combine.
- Arrange potato slices on prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1/4 inch apart. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until potatoes are crisp and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Spread out potatoes on parchment paper; let dry 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
POTATO CHIP CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Drain off the grease. Stir in the green beans and corn, and cook for a few minutes. Mix in the cans of soup until well blended. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with shredded cheese and crushed potato chips.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese melts and the chips are toasted. If you like crispier chips, you can sprinkle them on top after the cheese has melted, and bake for another 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.6 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Cholesterol 52.4 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 19.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 947.6 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
MICROWAVE POTATO CHIPS
Can you make golden, crispy homemade potato chips in the microwave? We had our doubts, but they were quickly put to rest by this simple recipe. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Layer three paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; set aside., Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/16-in.-thick slices. Brush slices on both sides with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and curry. Arrange on prepared plate (do not overlap)., Microwave on high for 3 minutes; turn and microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until chips are dry and brittle. Repeat with remaining potatoes, oil and seasonings. Let chips cool for at least 1 minute before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 calories, Fat 11g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 476mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
HOMEMADE BAKED POTATO CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl; mix cheese, salt and garlic.
- Slice potatoes thinly and place in a layer on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle both sides with the cheese mixture.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes.
Soaking the potato rounds briefly in water before frying prevents them from becoming oxidized and removes excess starch, guaranteeing perfectly crisp chips.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 9 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Add 1 inch oil to a deep straight-sided skillet and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fat thermometer reaches 360 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cut potato into very thin rounds with a handheld slicer or sharp knife. Immediately transfer to a large bowl of water and let soak 1 minute. Drain potatoes and thoroughly pat dry.
- Working in small batches (a handful at a time), fry potatoes until golden and curling at edges and oil stops bubbling, about 2 minutes. Regulate heat to maintain oil temperature between 350 degrees and 365 degrees, and return oil to 360 degrees between batches. Transfer chips as fried to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain and immediately sprinkle with salt. Potato chips are best served the same day but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
More about "potato chips recipes"
EASY MEXICAN POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - COOKTHINK
10 BEST POTATO CHIP TOPPING RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATO CHIP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
DO POTATO CHIPS CAUSE HEARTBURN - THERESCIPES.INFO
24 HOMEMADE DIPS FOR CHIPS | TASTE OF HOME
DELICIOUS BAKED POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST RECIPES WITH POTATO CHIPS - FOOD.COM
10 BEST TUNA CASSEROLE WITH POTATO CHIPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BARBECUE POTATO-CHIP CRUSTED 'FRIED' CHICKEN RECIPE | PEOPLE.COM
28 DELICIOUS HOMEMADE POTATO CHIP RECIPES- A …
CRISPY POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRISPIEST POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
21 POTATO CHIP DIP RECIPES THAT'LL PLEASE A CROWD | ALLRECIPES
I TRIED THE WILDLY POPULAR RECIPE FOR MASHED POTATO CHIPS AND IT …
POTATO CHIPS | RICARDO
EASY HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS | MASTERING DIABETES
10 BEST HOMEMADE POTATO CHIP SEASONING RECIPES | YUMMLY
THIS VIDEO SHOWS YOU HOW TO MAKE MASHED POTATOES—WITH …
10 BEST POTATO CHIP CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
OVEN-FRIED POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
CRISPY BUBBLE POTATO CHIPS (SUPER CRISPY AND JUST 3 INGREDIENTS!)
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS (OVEN-BAKED) - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
HOMEMADE CHIPS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER POTATO RECIPES
SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE (BAKED IN THE OVEN) | KITCHN
POTATO CHIP CRISPY TREATS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
POTATO CHIP PORK STRIPS RECIPE | ONTARIO PORK
10 BEST POTATO CHIP DIP RECIPES | YUMMLY
20 CREATIVE RECIPES TO MAKE WITH POTATO CHIPS | TASTE OF …
EXTRA-CRUNCHY POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BAKED POTATO CHIPS - SLENDER KITCHEN
HOW TO KETTLE COOK POTATO CHIPS: 9 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE (EASY AND CRISPY) | KITCHN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #lunch #snacks #potatoes #vegetables #easy #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #inexpensive #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make potato chips in the oven?Making homemade potato chips is healthy and easy, especially when they're baked in the oven! You'll need potatoes, oil, and salt, plus any other seasoning you want. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the potato slices (2 cups) and olive oil (1 tablespoon).
How do you fry potato chips in a deep fryer?This will prevent the oil from spattering from the excess moisture of the potatoes. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or a fryer, to 350 degrees F. Slowly add the potato slices and fry for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Quickly remove the chips from the oil and drain on paper towels.
Is it easy to make your own potato chips?"Making your own potato chips is easy to do and the best part is that you control the amount of oil and salt added. Next time I make these I think I'll add flavorings such as nutritional yeast, for that cheesy taste, or chipotle and paprika for a little smokey flavor." — Carrie Parente Gather the ingredients.
How to cook potato chips in the microwave?Brush slices on both sides with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and curry. Arrange on prepared plate (do not overlap). Microwave on high for 3 minutes; turn and microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until chips are dry and brittle. Repeat with remaining potatoes, oil and seasonings. Let chips cool for at least 1 minute before serving.