POTATO AND SPINACH CASSEROLE
A friend served this casserole at a dinner party, and I had to ask for the recipe. I've made it for friends and relatives on a number of holidays and other special occasions since. The recipe is perfect for parties, because it can be prepared early in the day and baked later on when the guests arrive.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts :
GREEK-STYLE POTATO-SPINACH CASSEROLE
Make this Greek-Style Potato-Spinach Casserole to create a new family fave. This potato-spinach casserole is topped with feta cheese and Kalamata olives.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave potatoes as directed on package. (Do not mash.)
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, yogurt, egg and lemon juice in medium bowl until blended. Add spinach, olives and Greek seasoning; mix well.
- Place potatoes in medium bowl. Add butter, milk and pepper; mash until ingredients are well blended and potatoes are mashed to desired consistency. Spread onto bottom of 9-inch square pan sprayed with cooking spray; cover with cream cheese mixture. Top with feta.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 720 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 4 g, Protein 10 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion and pancetta until onion is tender and pancetta is cooked through.
- Alternately layer the potato slices, salt and pepper, pancetta and onion mixture, spinach, and cheese in the prepared baking dish. Pour the heavy cream over all.
- Cover, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 30 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 521.5 calories, Carbohydrate 31.7 g, Cholesterol 112.2 mg, Fat 37.6 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 16.6 g, SaturatedFat 22.6 g, Sodium 712.8 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
POTATO, SAUSAGE, AND SPINACH BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Hash browns serve as the bottom crust in this multi-layered marvel.
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Yield 8-10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Position a rack in top third of oven; preheat to 350°F. Whisk eggs, cream, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12" cast-iron or nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning often, until browned all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add leeks to skillet. Season with salt; cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, spreading out in an even layer. Cook without stirring until bottom and edges are crisp and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Slide potato pancake onto a large plate. Invert onto another large plate. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Slide potato pancake into skillet, browned side up; cook until bottom is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Scatter spinach, leeks, and sausages over potato pancake, each in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper, then pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle both cheeses over.
- Bake until casserole is puffed and golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
CHEESY SPINACH-POTATO EGG CASSEROLE
A fantastic one-dish meal, our egg casserole with spinach and potatoes is naturally gluten-free and vegetarian, making it perfect for a gathering with mixed dietary needs. And while it is special enough to serve at a holiday brunch, the fact that you can prep it all the night before means that it is easy enough for everyday mornings, too.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush a 2-quart baking dish with butter. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden in places, 5 to 7 minutes. Add spinach and thyme; cook until spinach wilts and darkens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and milk; season with pepper.
- Simmer until milk thickens and reduces slightly and potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a knife but still retain their shape, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool completely. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and nutmeg. Stir cooled potato mixture and half of cheese into eggs.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and cover with parchment-lined foil. (If assembling the day before, wrap the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake). Bake casserole, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle evenly with remaining half of cheese, and continue baking until set and golden brown in places, 15 to 25 minutes more (if the top is browning too quickly, tent with foil). Let cool slightly before serving.
POTATO SPINACH CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
- In a large bowl combine mashed potatoes, spinach, sour cream, butter, green onions, salt and pepper. Spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430.2 calories, Carbohydrate 61.2 g, Cholesterol 42.7 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 766.3 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
POTATO SPINACH SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
This recipe comes from the charter issue of a new magazine called Cook's Country, a magazine devoted to home cooking.
Provided by Sandylee
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 Casserole, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 400°F Butter a 6x9 or 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Heat one of the teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer spinach to strainer and drain. When cool, squeeze out liquid and roughly chop the spinach.
- Wipe skillet clean. Add sausage to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Use slotted spoon to transfer sausage to bowl. Wipe skillet clean. Heat remaining oil in skillet and add onions, cooking until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Scrape mixture into bowl with sausage.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring potatoes to boil over high heat, then lower heat to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes, wipe pot dry, put potatoes back into the pot, and mash with butter, cream, broth, vinegar, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Transfer potato-spinach mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with sausage-onion mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake until potatoes are very hot and cheese is golden and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
POTATO SPINACH GRATIN
Since my family loves spinach, I knew this tender potato casserole would be a hit. It accompanies many of our meaty meals.-Nellie Runne, Rockford, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender. Add the spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and nutmeg., In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, 1/3 cup cheese and half of spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cheese., In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, milk, cream and remaining salt and pepper until smooth. Pour milk mixture over cheese. , Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 296mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
POTATO, SPINACH, & MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
This recipe is from the "Cooking with Friends" recipe book. "Friends" is my favorite TV show, and this is definitely one of my favorite recipes. I tend to make this when entertaining & am always proud of how it turns out. I always get wonderful reviews & many requests for this recipe. It is listed in the recipe book under Vegetarian Delights. I have found that it also makes an excellent side dish to accompany beef, chicken or fish. This dish has an incredible flavor & goes nicely with a glass of wine.
Provided by Cookin Kit
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets& set them aside.
- Scrub potatoes under cold water.
- Do not peel.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place slices in a large bowl.
- Add 4 T olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to bowl.
- Toss the potatoes gently coating them as best you can.
- It is easiest to do by hand, but a little messy.
- Once tossed, lay potatoes out on prepared baking sheets.
- Try not to overlap.
- Cover pans tightly with aluminum foil& bake for 30 minutes (see below what to do while potatoes are baking).
- When done, remove pans from oven.
- Uncover to cool.
- Do not turn oven off.
- While potatoes are baking, heat remaining 2 T oil in a large pot.
- Add onions and cook over medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms until they throw off their juices (about another 5 minutes).
- Stir in spinach.
- then add salt& pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook til spinach wilts (about 4 minutes).
- Uncover and cook off any liquid in the pot.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in ricotta.
- Grease a 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
- Line the bottom of pan with 1/3 of potatoes.
- Spoon 1/2 spinach mixture over layer of potatoes& sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese.
- Make another layer of potatoes, cover with remaining spinach mixture& another 1/3 of the cheese.
- Lastly, cover with remaining potatoes& sprinkle the rest of the cheese.
- Bake until the casserole turns golden brown on top.
- Approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven& let settle for 5 minutes before cutting up slices.
More about "potato spinach casserole recipes"
HEALTHY POTATO AND SPINACH CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD
Servings 4Total Time 35 mins
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, add the spinach.
- Drain, shaking out any excess water and return to the pot. Add the oil and mash the potatoes until smooth. Stir in the stock and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the potatoes to a 3-quart ceramic baking dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top. Bake for 15 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and serve warm.
SPINACH POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - HAPPY FOODS TUBE
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 42 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Side DishCalories 546 per serving
- Transfer peeled and diced potatoes into a pot and pour water in. Use just enough water so they all are submerged. Add salt (I used 2 teaspoons per 3 cups of water). Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and simmer until they are almost done (don’t overcook).
- Meanwhile: Heat oil in a large frying pan/skillet and add onion in. Sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add fresh spinach in stages and sauté until all leaves are wilted. Now, stir in minced garlic and cook until it releases its aroma. Turn off the heat. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, salt, black pepper, oregano and garlic powder until smooth.
- Drain the water from potatoes and combine them with spinach and sour cream mixture (either in the pot or directly in an oven-proof dish). Pour the mixture in an oven-proof dish (see note 6) and cover with grated cheese.
POTATO-SPINACH CASSEROLE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4.1/5 (22)Calories 204 per servingTotal Time 50 mins
POTATO, SPINACH AND CHEESE EGG CASSEROLE + RECIPE …
SPINACH & POTATO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - TWINKLING TINA …
10 BEST BAKED SPINACH CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPINACH & GRUYèRE POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO …
10 BEST SPINACH EGG AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATO, SPINACH AND FISH CASSEROLE | RICARDO
POTATO AND BABY SPINACH CASSEROLE - SO DELICIOUS
POTATO SPINACH EGG AND CHEESE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
SAUSAGE-POTATO-SPINACH BAKE – RIEGL PALATE
POTATO AND SPINACH CASSEROLE | 12 TOMATOES
CREAMY ROASTED POTATOES WITH SPINACH & GARLIC RECIPE
POTATO – FISH – CASSEROLE WITH SPINACH
VEGETARIAN SPINACH CASSEROLE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPINACH AND GRUYERE POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - CFBNJ
POTATO, SPINACH, AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE RECIPE - DIY JOY
CHEESY SPINACH MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE | 12 TOMATOES
POTATO AND GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE (WITH SPINACH) - FOOD …
POTATO SPINACH CASSEROLE | MYPLATE
POTATO SPINACH CASSEROLE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ONE POT SPINACH AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE | SPINACH AND …
PARMESAN SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH SPINACH RECIPE - EATINGWELL
CREAMY POTATO CASSEROLE WITH SPINACH AND FETA - CHATELAINE
SPINACH POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
POTATO SPINACH CASSEROLE - POOK'S PANTRY RECIPE BLOG
POTATO SPINACH CASSEROLE | RECIPESTY
MEATBALL POTATO CASSEROLE WITH SPINACH AND CHEESE
SPINACH AND SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - SO DELICIOUS
BEEF SPINACH AND POTATO CASSEROLE
POTATO CASSEROLE WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES RECIPE - EAT SMARTER …
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE POTATO CASSEROLE - PLAIN CHICKEN
SPINACH & GRUYèRE POTATO CASSEROLE - GLOBAL CONNECTIONS FOR …
MASHED POTATO SPINACH CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPINACH AND POTATO CASSEROLE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CREAMY SPINACH AND POTATO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE - PINCH OF …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breakfast #main-dish #potatoes #vegetables #one-dish-meal #greens #spinach #brunch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook spinach and potatoes?While potatoes are baking, heat remaining 2 T oil in a large pot. Add onions and cook over medium heat until soft (about 5 minutes). Add mushrooms until they throw off their juices (about another 5 minutes). Stir in spinach. then add salt& pepper to taste. Cover and cook til spinach wilts (about 4 minutes).
Does this spinach potato casserole recipe have eggs?This spinach potato casserole recipe does not contain any eggs. Sour cream mixture is used to keep the potatoes moist and cheese on top adds an extra flavor to this simple dish.
How to make mashed potatoes and spinach salad?In a large bowl combine mashed potatoes, spinach, sour cream, butter, green onions, salt and pepper. Spoon into prepared dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
How do you cook ricotta cheese with potatoes and spinach?Uncover and cook off any liquid in the pot. Remove the pot from heat and stir in ricotta. Grease a 13 X 9 inch baking pan. Line the bottom of pan with 1/3 of potatoes. Spoon 1/2 spinach mixture over layer of potatoes& sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese. Make another layer of potatoes, cover with remaining spinach mixture& another 1/3 of the cheese.