PUNTARELLE WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice. Add the frisée and endive and chill for 30 minutes or so.
- In a mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic and anchovies until a smooth paste forms. Stir in the vinegar.
- When ready to serve, drain and dry the greens and place in a large bowl. Pour a tablespoon or two of olive oil over the greens and season with pepper. Toss until lightly coated. Divide among four shallow bowls. Serve each with a spoonful of the anchovy mixture dolloped on top, or simply leave the mixture in the spoon set on top of the salad. Each person should mix his or her own salad, using a fork and spoon.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 18, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 149 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
PUNTARELLE WITH ANCHOVY VINAIGRETTE
Puntarelle is a type of chicory. This bitter green pairs well with this anchovy vinaigrette.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Tear the long puntarelle leaves in to bite size pieces and slice the thicker stalks, place in a chilled bowl Combine all ingredients (except puntarelle) in a mini food processor or blender, blend until smooth. Taste and correct seasonings as needed. Use right away or bring to room temperature before using. Toss the dressing with the greens, serve on chilled plates with fresh ground pepper.
RADICCHIO & PUNTARELLE SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING
Toss this simple salad with a delicious anchovy dressing. If you can't find puntarelle and radicchio, you can use red and white chicory leaves instead
Provided by Lina Stores
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- To make the dressing, heat a little of the oil in a pan and cook the garlic briefly (don't let it brown). Tip into a blender with the other ingredients and the remaining oil, and blitz to a smooth dressing.
- Pull the stalks off the puntarelle to find the core and cut the individual bulbs into thin shreds. Put straight into ice-cold water to soak for 1 hr. Drain well, then toss with the radicchio and anchovy dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 26 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 3 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
PUNTARELLE SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING
- Use all of the puntarelle-the leaves and the heart. Slice the heart lengthwise in very narrow pieces, then soak in ice water until leaves become curly. To make the dressing, smash together the garlic and the anchovies with a little pepper and enough vinegar to cover the anchovies. (Use plenty of anchovies and garlic if you want a strong taste of these. If you don't like either one, stay away from this recipe.) Now add an equal amount of olive oil and beat well until you have a thick infusion and the oil and vinegar are no longer separated. Put the dressing in the bottom of a salad bowl, add the puntarelle, and mix. Serve with lots of bread on the side to dip into the dressing.
ROMAN GARLIC AND ANCHOVY SALAD DRESSING
- In a bowl combine anchovies and 1/4 cup vinegar and let stand 6 hours if using salted anchovies, 2 hours if using bottled or canned. Drain anchovies (debone if using salted) and rinse well. Pat anchovies dry between paper towels and in small food processor blend with garlic until garlic is minced. Add oil, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, salt, and pepper and blend dressing until smooth and emulsified. Dressing keeps, covered and chilled, 1 week.
More about "puntarelle with anchovy dressing recipes"
RACHEL RODDY’S RECIPE FOR A WINTER SALAD | FOOD | THE …
PUNTARELLE ALLA ROMANA RECIPE - GOURMET PROJECT
PUNTARELLE SALAD RECIPE WITH ANCHOVIES AND CAPERS
PUNTARELLE SALAD WITH CAPERS AND ANCHOVIES – ERECIPE
PUNTARELLE ALLA ROMANA SALAD - SIPPITYSUP
PUNTARELLE IN ANCHOVY SAUCE: PUNTARELLE ALLA ROMANA
PUNTARELLE SALAD & ANCHOVIES RECIPE | SANPELLEGRINO® …
PUNTARELLE WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING (PUNTARELLE CON LA SALSA)
Servings 4Total Time 10 mins
CHICORY IN ANCHOVY SAUCE (PUNTARELLE IN SALSA DI ALICI) | SAVEUR
PUNTARELLE: HOW TO EAT PUNTARAELLE, THE ROMAN DELICACT
RADICCHIO & PUNTARELLE SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING – COOKER APP
PUNTARELLE WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING (PUNTARELLE CON LA SALSA)
CHICORY SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING (PUNTARELLE) - 9KITCHEN
CHICORY SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING (PUNTARELLE) | GOURMET TRAVELLER
PUNTARELLE ALLA ROMANA - THE TASTE EDIT
PUNTARELLE WITH LEMON, CAPERS, ANCHOVY & PECORINO ROMANO
INSALATA DI PUNTARELLE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PUNTARELLE ALLA ROMANA (WINTER CHICORY SALAD WITH ANCHOVY AND …
PUNTARELLE ROMAN SALAD: A STRANGE ITALIAN GREEN - GIULIANO HAZAN
PUNTARELLE WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
PUNTARELLE SALAD - FLAVOR OF ITALY
ROMAN STYLE PUNTARELLE CHICORY WITH ANCHOVY SAUCE - MAD AND …
PUNTARELLE - AN ITALIAN SPECIALITY CHICORY WITH A RECIPE FOR ANCHOVY ...
THE BEST RECIPE FOR PUNTARELLE ALLA ROMANA - STRICTLY ROME
PUNTARELLE WITH LEMON, CAPERS, ANCHOVY &AMP; PECORINO ROMANO
CHICORY SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING (INSALATA DI PUNTARELLE ALLA …
PUNTARELLE WITH ANCHOVY SAUCE | RECIPE | ANCHOVIES, ANCHOVY SAUCE ...
PUNTARELLE IN ANCHOVY SAUCE - A TASTY NEW KIND OF CHICORY …
COLORFUL CHICORY SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING RECIPE
PUNTARELLE ALLA ROMANA SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING
CHICORY WITH ANCHOVY SAUCE RECIPE - LETITWINE
PUNTARELLE SALAD WITH ANCHOVY VINAIGRETTE | STARCHEFS.COM
PUNTARELLE WITH ANCHOVIES RECIPE - SANPELLEGRINO SPARKLING FRUIT …
PUNTARELLE ALLA ROMANA WITH ANCHOVIES VINAIGRETTE
RECIPE: BAR TARTINE’S CHICORY SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING
CAESAR-STYLE PUNTARELLE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHICORY SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING (PUNTARELLE) | RECIPE | CHICORY ...
PUNTARELLE WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING (PUNTARELLE CON LA SALSA) RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Puntarelle with radicchio and anchovy dressing?Put straight into ice-cold water to soak for 1 hr. Drain well, then toss with the radicchio and anchovy dressing. Puntarelle is a type of chicory.
How to cook puntarelle?Cut the shoots very thinly and immerse them in iced water. This bath will make them curl (2), giving the typical curly look of the Puntarelle. Make sure the shoots are long enough otherwise they will remain straight (1). Rince, serve them in a salad bowl and season with the anchovy vinaigrette
What is puntarelle alla romana?Puntarelle alla Romana is a classic Roman dish, they are shoots from the chicory family called Cicoria Catalogna. They are crunchy and have a bitter flavour. They are cut very thin and seasoned with garlic, anchovies and vinegar. Puntarelle are grown around Rome and in some areas of the South of Italy.
Is Puntarelle a chicory?Puntarelle is a type of chicory. The base of the inner stalks have a mildly bitter flavour and are eaten in this classic salad. The leaves and outer stalks can be used in stews and soups, but need to be cooked briefly in salted water first to lessen their bitter flavour. You’ll find both puntarelle and radicchio at ocado. com or nifeislife.