EASY TOMATO SAUCE
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Stir in tomatoes, cook until juice begins to thicken. Stir in puree, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes more, until rich and thick.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Fat 16 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 436.5 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE
Provided by Michael Chiarello : Food Network
Yield 2 1/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Open the can of tomatoes and pour off the juice into a bowl. Use the lid to press against the tomatoes to extract as much juice as possible. Then use your hand to squeeze the tomatoes to a pulp. Reserve the juice and pulp separately and set the empty can aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat until hot. If using the jalapeno, tilt the pan to collect the oil in a little pool against the side and drop the jalapeno into the oil. Cook until lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Remove the jalapeno and reserve.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook briefly until light gold. Add the tomato juice and bring to a boil. Simmer rapidly for several minutes. Add the crushed tomato pulp. Then rinse the remaining pulp out of the can by filling it halfway with water and add that to the pan. Add the bay leaf, jalapeno, if using, and salt and pepper, to taste, and return to a boil. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and stir. Lower the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching, until the mixture thickens and the tomatoes have turned an orange red versus the pale blue red they were straight from the can, about 30 minutes. Add the oregano halfway through the cooking.
- Discard the bay leaf. Peel, seed and mash the jalapeno with a spoonful of the sauce and pass at the table so diners can add as much heat s they like to their plates.
- Variation for quick tomato sauce: substitute 2 pounds vine ripened tomatoes for the canned tomatoes. Peel the tomatoes, cut in 1/2 crosswise, and squeeze out the juice and seeds over a sieve suspended over a bowl. Chop the tomatoes. Proceed as directed, omitting the dried tomatoes and using jalapeno, if desired. The recipe may be increased proportionately.
QUICK PASTA SAUCE
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in oil until tender, 2 minutes. Stir in basil and crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.4 calories, Carbohydrate 10.2 g, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 172.9 mg
QUICK FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
In August and September, when tomatoes are at their ripest, make a batch of fresh tomato sauce. At the market, look for the cracked, slightly bruised tomatoes sold at a discount. The flesh of the tomato should be dense, sweet and blood red. This makes a very fresh- and bright-tasting sauce in a manageable small batch. Take advantage of good tasty tomatoes and fill a few zip-top bags for the freezer.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories sauces and gravies
Yield About 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontally. Squeeze out the seeds and discard, if you wish. Press the cut side of tomato against the large holes of a box grater and grate tomato flesh into a bowl. Discard skins. You should have about 4 cups.
- Put tomato pulp in a low wide saucepan over high heat. Add salt, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, basil and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a brisk simmer.
- Reduce the sauce by almost half, stirring occasionally, to produce about 2 1/2 cups medium-thick sauce, 10 to 15 minutes. Taste and adjust salt. It will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator or may be frozen.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 133, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 397 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams
10 MINUTE TOMATO SAUCE FROM AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
Fresh tasting pasta sauce using canned crushed tomatoes as described on America's Test Kitchens. Use either Muir Glenn or Tuttoroso crushed tomatoes because they use a lower processing temperature in the canning process and therefore are fresher tasting than other brands. Recipe Notes: According to the chefs, grating the onions instead of chopping allows them to carmelize more quickly. The butter is used because saturated fats helps the onions stay sweet. Olive oil contains unsaturated fats that react with an enzyme in the onion that can result in a bitter taste. Using crushed tomatoes is preferable to other forms. The chefs apparently expended a great deal of effort in developing this simple recipe so it is suggested that it be followed closely in order to acheive a fresh tasting sauce from canned tomatoes.
Provided by ks100
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup grated onion. Saute 2 minutes. Add oregano and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook with stirring 3 minutes until onions begin to brown. Add crushed garlic. Cook 30 seconds. Add crushed tomatoes and sugar. Turn heat to high and cook with stirring until simmering. Turn heat to medium low. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in olive oil and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152, Fat 9.7, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 604.1, Carbohydrate 16.2, Fiber 4, Sugar 0.7, Protein 3.6
QUICK HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE
I needed a recipe for a quick tomato sauce and all I had was canned tomatoes. I found this online and it was perfect! I hardly want "slow" cooked sauce anymore!
Provided by HisPixie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions; you could also use shallots if you had them. Cook until soft, a few minutes. Add garlic and saute for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to the point where the sauce still simmers. Add dried herbs. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. (While it's simmering, you can smash the sauce up a bit with a ricer or pastry blender, to break up some of the tomatoes--depends on how chunky you like your sauce.) If using fresh basil, add now.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.6, Fat 7.2, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 401.5, Carbohydrate 17.7, Fiber 3, Sugar 13.1, Protein 2.4
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE
This tomato sauce -- rich in beneficial lycopene -- tastes great over pasta, fish, or grilled chicken. It can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
Yield Makes about 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, wine, oregano, and basil. Simmer 8 minutes or until lightly thickened. Season with salt to taste.
You'll never buy ready-made jars of pasta sauce again after trying this simple, easy blend with garlic and oregano
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Condiment, Dinner
Yield Makes enough to feed a family of 5, when stirred through pasta or spooned over chicken or fish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook on a low heat until soft. Add the garlic and tomato purée. Cook for a few minutes then add the chopped tomatoes and oregano. Season generously and simmer for 20 mins, then allow to cool.
- Store in sterilised jars in the fridge for up to 1 week, or transfer to a container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE
- In a blender or food processor coarsely purée tomatoes with juice and in a heavy saucepan stir together with remaining ingredients. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Sauce may be made ahead, cooled completely uncovered, and chilled, covered, 2 days or frozen 1 month. Reheat sauce before using.
More about "quick tomato sauce recipes"
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | VEGETABLES RECIPES - JAMIE …
Category Quick FixesCalories 187 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
- Peel and finely slice the garlic. Pick the basil leaves and tear into pieces.Place a large non-stick frying pan on the heat and pour in 4 generous lugs of olive oil.
- Add the garlic, shake the pan around a bit and, once the garlic begins to colour lightly, add the basil and the tomatoes.
QUICK 5-INGREDIENT TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.9/5 (24)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4
- Purée tomatoes in a food processor until they’re as smooth or chunky as you like. Transfer tomatoes to a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot. (Or, use an immersion blender and blend directly in pot.) Add garlic, oil, and a 5-finger pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by about one-third, about 20 minutes. Stir in butter.
- Do Ahead: Sauce can be made 5 days ahead; cover and chill. Or let cool to room temperature and freeze up to 3 months.
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE 1 RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
HOW TO MAKE A QUICK TOMATO SAUCE – COOKING CLARIFIED
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | BETTER TOGETHER BC
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
QUICK HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - QUEEN KETO
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE | ELBOWS ON THE TABLE
EASY TOMATO SAUCE | JAMIE OLIVER
HOW TO MAKE QUICK AND EASY TOMATO SAUCE FROM SCRATCH
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WINTER TOMATO SAUCE ON TRIVET RECIPES
GREAT IDEA FOR QUICK SUPPER AND GOOD USE OF EXTRA TOMATO SAUCE ...
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
EASY TOMATO SAUCE - A FAST, SIMPLE HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE - CULINARY HILL
30 MINUTE QUICK TOMATO SAUCE - THE GENETIC CHEF
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
EASY HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE - SAVORING ITALY
QUICK TOMATO BASIL SAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO SAUCE FROM FRESH TOMATOES
15 MINUTE EASY TOMATO SAUCE + VIDEO (HOW TO FREEZE!)
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE + 50 MORE TOMATO RECIPES - HEALTHY GREEN …
BEST ROASTED TOMATOES FOR SAUCE | EASY SAUCE RECIPES
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE: MADE WITH TOMATO PASSATA - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
CREAM CHEESE TOMATO PASTA SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
QUICK 10 MINUTE 'NO COOK' TOMATO SAUCE - THE TINY ITALIAN
QUICK SOUTHERN ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
QUICK AND EASY TOMATO SAUCE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
QUICK AND EASY ITALIAN-AMERICAN RED SAUCE IN 40 MINUTES OR LESS …
QUICK SICILIAN-STYLE TOMATO SAUCE - THE CLEVER CARROT
QUICK TOMATO SAUCE | RECIPE CART
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #condiments-etc #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love