- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cover quinoa with vegetable broth in an oven-proof saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until quinoa is dry and fluffy, about 15 minutes. Keep covered.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Pour in vegetable oil. Cook and stir onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, annatto paste, vinegar, paprika, oregano, cumin, and chipotle pepper. Cook until mixture is thick and stew-like, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss the mixture with the baked quinoa. Let cool, about 10 minutes. Season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.3 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 210.5 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
QUINOA WITH CHORIZO
- Add chorizo to cold sauce pan, bring up to medium high heat, (to render some fat from the sausage) sautee chorizo until it begins to brown, pour off excess fat so that you have about 1tps in the pot.
- Add peppers, onion, thyme and garlic and sautee' with chorizo until it begins to soften.
- In the meantime, rinse quinoa well in a fine mesh strainer.
- Add quinoa to the pot with the other ingredients, stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to a simmer and cover. Cook covered until quinoa is tender (about 15 minutes).
QUINOA AND CHORIZO SALAD
- Place 2 1⁄4 cups water, the quinoa, and salt in a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, and gently simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain any excess water and set aside to cool. Prepare the tomatoes, apples, and onion, and slice the fried chorizos. Whisk together olive oil, lemon, mustard, and sea salt in a small bowl. Put the quinoa, tomatoes, apples, onions, and lima beans into a large bowl. Add the chorizo slices, then pour the dressing over the salad and toss about to make sure all the ingredients are well coated. Garnish with oregano and serve
GRILLED CHORIZO ON QUINOA WITH ROASTED PEPPERS
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Make the quinoa by heating a medium sauce pot over moderate heat and melting butter. Add vermicelli and cook, stirring often, until pasta has turned golden brown. Add onion and salt.
- a few more minutes until onion is soft and begins to turn golden. Add stock or water and bring to a boil and add quinoa. Return to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, 20 to 30 minutes or until the grains are soft in the center.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add julienned onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden color. Add garlic and cook an additional minute or two, stirring, then add paprika and cumin and cook 1 minute. Add julienned peppers, chiles and chicken stock and cook 10 to15 minutes or until mixture thickens. Adjust with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, grill the chorizo links about 8 to10 minutes over a moderately hot fire or broiler, turning often until cooked through to the center. To serve, place chorizo on a bed of the quinoa pilaf and top with the pepper mixture.
CURRIED QUINOA SALAD
Quinoa is such a fantastic salad base-it's full of protein, it adds a nutty flavor, and it's the perfect vehicle to soak up any kind of dressing. If you like a little more heat, add more cayenne or curry to the dressing. -Shannon Dobos, Calgary, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a small saucepan, combine first 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly., Add tomatoes, cucumber and onion to quinoa. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with salad. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 2 hours. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 320mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic exchanges
More about "quinoa and chorizo salad recipes"
SOY CHORIZO QUINOA SALAD - DAMN DELICIOUS
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
QUINOA AND CHORIZO SALAD RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BEST QUINOA SALAD RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
SQUASH, CHORIZO AND SWEET PEPPER SALAD
CHORIZO & SWEET CORN SALAD - WYSE GUIDE
QUINOA SALAD WITH CHORIZO | THE MARKET BASKET
CHORIZO SALAD WITH SWEET POTATO - THE DEVIL WEARS SALAD
QUINOA AND VEGETABLE CHORIZO SALAD RECIPE ON FOOD52 ...
WARM CHORIZO SPINACH SALAD | CHEW OUT LOUD
QUINOA AND VEGETABLE CHORIZO SALAD RECIPE FROM THE GREEN ...
SERIOUSLY GOOD QUINOA SALAD - INSPIRED TASTE
QUINOA SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
15 QUINOA SALAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
QUINOA AND VEGETABLE CHORIZO SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
QUINOA SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RECIPE OF FAVORITE QUINOA, LENTILS AND CHORIZO SALAD ...
CACTUS AND CHORIZO SALAD - NIBBLES AND FEASTS
PUMPKIN | CHORIZO AND QUINOA SALAD | TESCO REAL FOOD RECIPE
10 BEST QUINOA SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUINOA AND VEGETABLE CHORIZO SALAD RECIPE FROM THE GREEN ...
10 BEST CHORIZO SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY SPANISH CHORIZO QUINOA PILAF WITH BEANS | GLUTEN-FREE ...
SOUTHWESTERN QUINOA SALAD - DELISH KNOWLEDGE
FAVORITE QUINOA SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
ZESTY QUINOA SALAD (VEGAN + WFPB) – NO SWEAT VEGAN
QUINOA TACO SALAD BOWL (WITH VEGAN CHORIZO!) - SPRINKLE OF ...
CAPRESE QUINOA SALAD - DAMN DELICIOUS
PUMPKIN, CHORIZO AND QUINOA SALAD | TESCO REAL FOOD
QUINOA, LENTILS AND CHORIZO SALAD RECIPE BY ALINE MWIZERO ...
PUMPKIN, CHORIZO AND QUINOA SALAD RECIPE
GREEN CHILE-CHEESE QUINOA WITH CORN AND SOY CHORIZO ...
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CHORIZO AND QUINOA SALAD | TESCO REAL FOOD
SIMPLE WAY TO MAKE FAVORITE QUINOA, LENTILS AND CHORIZO SALAD
WARM KORU® APPLE, CHORIZO, AND QUINOA SALAD - CHELAN FRESH
QUINOA CHICKEN SALAD HEALTHY - THERESCIPES.INFO
QUINOA WITH CHORIZO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
QUINOA SALAD RECIPE WITH PICKLED ONIONS - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
EVERYDAY GOURMET | QUINOA, LENTIL, CHORIZO AND ZUCCHINI SALAD
CHORIZO AND PEPPERS WITH QUINOA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WARM SALAD OF GRAINS, ROAST TOMATOES, CHORIZO AND AVOCADO ...
ASIAN-STYLE QUINOA SALAD | RICARDO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is quinoa salad and how do you use it?Quinoa adds bulk and also a softer texture against all of those crunchy veggies. If you find that your salads aren’t exactly filling, adding quinoa is a great way to fill out sad and insufficient salads. These quinoa salad recipes are worth checking out if you want a meat-free, gluten-free, and hearty salad option.
What goes well with quinoa?Pair cooked quinoa with crunchy vegetables like cucumbers, red onion, and sweet red or yellow peppers. Top it with a dressing comprised of white wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. It’s simple but incredibly satisfying. Plus, it saves you yet another trip to Costco. 4. Quinoa Avocado Salad
What is quinoa tabbouleh salad?Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad This classic Middle Eastern dish is as bright and flavorful as it looks. It’s exploding with punchy flavors that are filling without weighing your down. The quinoa in this dish pairs with fresh parsley, tomatoes, onion, and mint.