SLICE AND BAKE RAINBOW COOKIES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, salt, eggs, flour, red food coloring, orange food coloring, yellow food coloring, green food coloring, blue food coloring, purple food coloring
Provided by Claire Nolan
Yield 24 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Gradually, add the flour until dough is moist and holds together, but doesn't stick to your hands.
- Place dough on a cutting board and form into a ball. Cut in half, then cover one half with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Divide the other half into 6 pieces. The outer layers of the rainbow will need a little bit more dough, so make two of them slightly larger than the others.
- Dye the dough with food coloring by placing a ¼ teaspoon of dye on the ball of dough and kneading it until it is one solid color. Gloves optional but suggested.
- Starting with purple, roll the dough into a log about 6-8 inches (15-20 cm) long. This will be the center of the rainbow.
- Next, roll out the blue dough with a rolling pin until it's about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick, slightly longer than the purple, and wide enough to wrap around the purple dough. Repeat with the green, yellow, orange, and red doughs. The further away from the purple you get, the wider the dough needs to be to go around the previous color, making the red dough the widest.
- Wrap the blue dough around the purple, pinching together any cracks that form, cutting off any excess dough. Repeat with the rest of the colors.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove the plastic wrap, and cut the dough in half to make 2 rainbow shapes. Set aside.
- Cut the reserved dough in half, roll out to ¼-inch (6 mm) thickness, and make it slightly longer than the rainbow log.
- Place the rainbow dough in the center and wrap the plain dough around it, again, pinching together any cracks and smoothing out the surface.
- Repeat with the other halves. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Once chilled, remove the plastic wrap. Slice cookies about ½-inch (1 cm) thick and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bottom has browned slightly.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 11 grams
RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE
All the colours of the rainbow, these bright and cheery biscuits are easy to make at home. All you need to do is whip up a batch of dough, colour and shape into rainbows - easy!
Provided by Jessica Dady
Yield Makes: 10
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Make up a batch of the vanilla cookie dough.
- Separate into 6 balls and colour each one by working a few drops of food gel into the dough. The dough may get a little wet so you can balance it out with a little extra flour.
- Wrap the balls in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Roll out each ball of dough to about 2mm thick. Cut strips of dough (one from each colour) and assemble into the shape of a rainbow. We ran ours along the inside of a circle cookie cutter to get the rounded shape. Press down lightly on the joins of the strips to fix them together.
- Bake for in the oven at 160°C/320°F/Gas Mark 3, checking after 12 mins. You don't want the cookies to brown and lessen the effect of the colour.
Nutrition Facts : @context https
These colourful cookies are bound to be a big hit with kids and adults alike
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Afternoon tea, Treat
Yield Makes 22
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the butter, sugars, egg yolks and vanilla with a wooden spoon until creamy, then mix in the flour in 2 batches. Stir in the orange zest. Roll the dough into about 22 walnut-size balls and sit on baking sheets. Bake for 15 mins until golden, then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the icing sugar with enough orange juice to make a thick, runny icing. Dip each biscuit half into the icing, then straight into the sprinkles. Dry on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 26 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
RAINBOW BUTTER COOKIES
Our family can't get through the holidays without these fun, colorful cookies. They come out of my oven by the dozens! -Lanette Tate, Sandy, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. , Divide dough into three portions; tint each a different color. Roll each portion of dough on waxed paper into a 9x5-in. rectangle. Freeze for 10 minutes. , Cut each rectangle in half lengthwise. Lightly brush top of one rectangle with milk. Top with another colored dough. Remove waxed paper; brush top with milk. Repeat with remaining dough, alternating colors to make six layers. Press together lightly. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. , Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 117mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
More about "rainbow biscuits recipes"
RAINBOW STRIPE BISCUITS RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
YUMMY RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE - BABY HINTS AND TIPS
EDD KIMBER'S TIE-DYE RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE - WAITROSE
LEMON ROAST CHICKEN WITH RAINBOW CARROTS RECIPE
RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE EIN YSGOLPENYBRYNAZUREWEBSITESNET
RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE | DR. OETKER
PEACH RAINBOW BISCUITS - RENSHAW BAKING
RAINBOW BISCUITS - FOOD HEAVEN
RAINBOW SKITTLES BISCUITS - TASTY BAKES KITCHEN
RAINBOW BISCUITS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE | DR. OETKER
RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE YSGOLPENYBRYNCOUK (460.41 KB ...
RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
AVIVA PRIDE RAINBOW BISCUIT RECIPE - AVIVA IRELAND
RAINBOW BISCUITS - MUNCHING MATILDA
DECORATING ICING RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE | DR. OETKER
RAINBOW BISCUITS RECIPE | AUSTRALIA'S BEST RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love