I've adapted this recipe from the Moosewood Simple Suppers cookbook, and it always gets rave reviews! Beer and cheddar may not sound like ideal risotto ingredients, but I guarantee it'll be love at first bite! I often substitute mushroom stock for the vegetable broth, which gives this dish a warm earthy flavor.
Provided by velorutionista
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a gentle simmer.
- In a medium dutch oven (or large sauce pan), heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add rice and stir till well coated and golden. Add beer and stir till rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Ladle in a cup or so of the stock and continue stirring till liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Repeat till all broth has been absorbed (stirring constantly).
- While risotto is cooking, steam broccoli until bright green and just tender (I just pop it in a bowl, sprinkle with water, and microwave for a minute or so).
- When the last of the broth is absorbed, add mustard and cheese and stir till cheese is melted and well combined with risotto. Stir in broccoli and tomatoes and sever immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323, Fat 9.1, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 19.9, Sodium 160.9, Carbohydrate 46.3, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 1.8, Protein 9.9
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, add the flour and whisk to make a roux. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the ale and boil the mixture for 3 minutes while whisking. Reduce heat to low, add the Cheddar cheese, mustard, Worcestershire, and Tabasco pepper sauce, and cook, stirring, until hot but not boiling.
- Spoon the Cheddar mixture over the toasted muffins, garnish with parsley and serve with crispy bacon.
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil and then reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan on medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the rice and stir until well coated with oil. Add the beer and stir until the rice has absorbed the liquid, a couple of minutes. Ladle in the simmering broth a cup at a time, stirring often. Let the rice absorb most of the broth before adding the next cup, usually about 5 minutes between additions.
- While the risotto is cooking, steam the broccoli until bright green and just tender. Set aside.
- When the last of the broth is absorbed, the kernels of rice should be al dente and the risotto moist. Add the mustard and cheese to the risotto and stir until the cheese is melted. Stir in the broccoli and tomatoes, season with black pepper, and serve hot.
- Serving & menu ideas
- Serve something crisp with this silky risotto.
Quick supper dish for the family.
Provided by RuralK8
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Bring milk to point in separate pan.
- Melt butter, add flour and cook over low heat stirring frequently for two minutes.
- Gradually whisk warmed milk into butter and flour mixture and bring back to boil whisking continually.
- Whisk in egg yoks and return to boil before adding mustard, Worcestershire sauce [andr cider/ale].
- Add grated cheese and stir until smooth.
- Preheat grill. Spread rarebit mixture on one side of toast and grill until golden-brown.
More about "rarebit risotto recipes"
MUSHROOM AND RAREBIT MUFFINS - PINCH OF NOM
SIMPLE & SEASONAL: WELSH RAREBIT WITH GRILLED ASPARAGUS
GREATEST RECIPES EVER: FERGUS HENDERSON’S WELSH RAREBIT
SMOKED SALMON RAREBIT – RITCHIE'S OF ROTHESAY
TOMATO BACON WELSH RAREBIT - FRAMED COOKS
WELSH RAREBIT RECIPE - THE TELEGRAPH
BASIC RISOTTO | RICARDO
27 RISOTTO RECIPES FOR FANCY (BUT EASY) DINNERS AT HOME
WELSH RAREBIT | RICARDO
15 FANTASTICALLY EASY RISOTTO RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
RAREBIT RISOTTO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
WELSH RAREBIT A DELIGHTFUL BREAKFAST SANDWICH
GORDON RAMSAY WELSH RAREBIT RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
RISOTTO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
WELSH RAREBIT I RECIPE
RAREBIT RISOTTO – JESSER
WELSH RAREBIT RISOTTO - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
WELSH RAREBIT, WITH VARIATIONS: A BEER LOVER’S DELIGHT
10 BEST RISOTTO RECIPES | YUMMLY
27 RISOTTO RECIPES | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
CORNISH RAREBIT RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
WELSH RAREBIT JACKET POTATOES - BEST RECIPES UK
WELSH RAREBIT RISOTTO - FRAMED RECIPES
MUSHROOM RAREBIT WITH POACHED EGGS - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
RAREBIT RISOTTO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OAK COTTAGE RECIPE ROUND UP | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
RAREBIT RISOTTO | VEGGIE RECIPES, RISOTTO, VEGETABLE RECIPES
RECIPES FOR MAY - WHAT TO COOK IN MAY - THE OXFORD MAGAZINE
WELSH RAREBIT RISOTTO RECIPE | RISOTTO RECIPES, RECIPES, RISOTTO
MUSHROOM RAREBIT BEST RECIPES
RAREBIT RISOTTO RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, RISOTTO, …
WELSH RAREBIT BURGERS - RECIPES LIST
TOMATO RAREBIT RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
WELSH RAREBIT RECIPE BY JOANNE - COOKPAD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #side-dishes #rice #vegetables #european #vegetarian #italian #dietary #one-dish-meal #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #short-grain-rice #broccoli #tomatoes
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is rarebit and how is it made?Welsh rarebit, with its toasted bread smothered in melted cheese, is a take on a croque-monsieur or a croque-madame, as it is sometimes served topped with a fried egg. This must-have cooking accessory is perfect for baking cookies, pastries, meat or a whole meal making sheet pan dinner and getting the weeknight meal on the table fast.
How do you eat Rarebit on toast?Spread the topping over the toast. Cut into wedges and serve as a snack or alongside a salad for a light lunch. Welsh rarebit, with its toasted bread smothered in melted cheese, is a take on a croque-monsieur or a croque-madame, as it is sometimes served topped with a fried egg.
What can I do with Rarebit?Cut into wedges and serve as a snack or alongside a salad for a light lunch. Welsh rarebit, with its toasted bread smothered in melted cheese, is a take on a croque-monsieur or a croque-madame, as it is sometimes served topped with a fried egg.