CRISPY RICE WITH SHRIMP, BACON AND CORN
This one-pan recipe is a great use of leftover rice, though you can also use freshly cooked rice as long as it's no longer hot. The starch in sticky short-grain rice, together with the corn's starch, caramelize into a nice crust that you can remove in big pieces. Long-grain rice will brown as well, but stay loose when served. Try to get a little of everything in each bite: crisp yet tender rice and corn, savory shrimp, crunchy bacon, juicy tomatoes. This recipe was developed with 16/20-count shrimp in mind, but you can use whatever shrimp you find aside from fancy super-jumbo ones. Serve with hot sauce if you'd like.
Provided by Genevieve Ko
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in large cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet over high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add to the hot oil in a single layer and sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add the bacon in a single layer. Cook, turning to evenly brown, until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- While the bacon browns, shuck the corn and cut off the kernels. You should end up with about 3 1/2 cups. Thinly slice the scallions and set aside some greens for garnish. Cut the tomatoes in half. (If the bacon is done cooking before you're finished slicing, remove the pan from the heat for a moment.)
- Drain the bacon on paper towels, leaving as much liquid as possible in the skillet. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the corn, scallions, and a pinch of salt to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until the scallions just wilt, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir until well-mixed and heated through, about 3 minutes. Press the rice evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Let cook, without stirring, as the rice and corn begin to crackle, until you smell a toasty scent and the rice browns, about 5 minutes. You can lift up a section of rice to peek and see if a golden brown crust has developed.
- Remove from the heat and divide the rice mixture among four bowls, scattering the tomatoes, shrimp and accumulated juices on top of each. (Alternatively, serve rice directly from the pan, with tomatoes and shrimp on top.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Crumble the bacon all over and garnish with the reserved scallions.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 521, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 64 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 27 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 1027 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
RED CHILI SHRIMP STIR-FRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: large shrimp, red bell pepper, red pepper flakes, low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, green onion
Provided by Joey Firoben
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the shrimp and season with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Fry the shrimp for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Toss in the red bell pepper, remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, and red pepper flakes and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in the soy sauce and sauté about 1 more minute.
- Toss the shrimp back into the pan and mix until everything is well incorporated and the shrimp is fully cooked, about 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 4 bowls and top with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 23 grams, Sugar 2 grams
BACON, EGG AND SHRIMP FRIED RICE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Add the eggs, reduce the heat a bit and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes to scramble. Remove and set aside. Reheat the wok and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon peanut oil. When the oil is hot, add the pancetta, garlic and ginger, then stir quickly. Once the pancetta begins to turn brown, 1 to 2 minutes, add in the shrimp and peas and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add the cooked rice and stir well to break it up in the wok. Add the scrambled eggs back in, season with the light soy and toss to coat the rice. Add in the toasted sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately garnished with chopped scallions.
MELLOW RED CHILE SALSA WITH SWEET GARLIC AND ROASTED TOMATOES
- Heat the broiler. Pull the stems off the dried chiles, tear them open and shake out the seeds (if you prefer a salsa with a more refined texture, be sure to remove all the seeds). Place in a bowl, cover with hot tap water and lay a plate on top to keep them submerged.
- Lay the whole tomatoes on a broiler pan or baking sheet. Set as close to the boiler as your oven allows and broil for about 6 minutes, until darkly roasted and blackened in spots - the tomato skins will split and curl. With a pair of tongs, flip over the tomatoes and roast them for another 6 minutes or so, until they are soft and splotched with dark spots. Set aside to cool.
- Turn the oven down to 425 degrees. Separate the onion into rings and, on a pan or baking sheet, combine it with the garlic. Set in the oven. Stir carefully every few minutes, until the onions are soft and beautifully roasted (don't worry if some of the edges char) and the garlic is soft and browned in spots, about 15 minutes total.
- If you're not inclined toward rustic textures in your salsa, pull off the peels from the cooled tomatoes and cut out the "cores" where the stems were attached; catch the flavorful juices on the baking sheet as you work, so as not to waste any of them. By now the chiles should be soft (to catch them at the perfect stage of rehydration - before they've lost much flavor into the water - soak them no longer than 30 minutes); drain. In a blender or food processor, combine the drained chiles with the tomatoes and their juice. Process to a fairly smooth puree - chile skins are tough, so you want to make sure they are chopped up enough. Scrape two-thirds of the puree into a large bowl. Roughly chop the onion and garlic, then add them to the blender containing the rest of the chile-tomato mixture. Pulse repeatedly until all is moderately finely chopped. Scrape down the sides from time to time to keep everything moving evenly; if the mixture just won't move through the blades, add a little water to loosen it up. Scrape the puree into the bowl. Stir in the oregano and vinegar, then add enough water to give this salsa a lightly consistency.
- Taste and season generously with salt - this is a condiment, remember. Taste again and add a little sugar if you think it's necessary to balance any lingering bitterness in the chiles. If you're planning to use your salsa right away, simply pour it into a bowl and it's ready, or refrigerate it covered and use within 5 days.
RED CHILE RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 3-quart ovenproof saucepan, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring, until crispy and brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving behind the fat (you'll need a generous tablespoon to fry the rice). Set the crisp bacon aside. Add the rice to the pan and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the salsa and stir for 1 minute, then add the broth, salt and green onions. Bring to a boil, stir once, cover tightly and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Uncover and lay the shrimp on top of the rice mixture; re-cover and bake until the shrimp is opaque, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro and crispy bacon, mix everything thoroughly with a fork and serve.
More about "red chile rice with shrimp and bacon recipes"
RED RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine Southern
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, hot sauce, creole seasoning, thyme, paprika, bay leaf, salt, rice, and 1 1/4 cups chicken broth.
SHRIMP & BACON FRIED RICE - THE LITTLE KITCHEN
Servings 4-6Total Time 40 mins
CAROLINA RED RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
DEEP SOUTH DISH: SOUTHERN RED RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON
Servings 6-8Total Time 1 hr 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
SPICY RED CHILI SHRIMP SAUTé WITH ASIAN VEG AND RICE ...
Estimated Reading Time 8 minsTotal Time 45 mins
- If using fresh shrimp, peel and devein the shrimp. Then toss the shells in a big pot with about 6 cups of water and bring to a soft over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or so while you prep the rest of the ingredients. When the shrimp water is boiling, strain the shrimp shells out and discard them. Add the liquid from the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts, and/or a nice pour of sake to the shrimp water at this time for a little more flavor if you’d like.
- Cook the vermicelli noodles according to the directions on the package. If there aren’t any directions, all you do is soak the noodles in the hot shrimp water for a few minutes until they’re tender. Strain the noodles from the hot water, rinse them with cold water, and strain again. Then set the noodles aside to air dry – making sure to toss them often to avoid sticking – while you prepare the shrimp sauté.
- In a medium-sized glass bowl, add the red curry paste, fish sauce, sambal, and chili sauce, and stir well. Add the peeled shrimp to the bowl, toss to make sure the shrimp are completely coated with sauce, and set aside.
- Prepare the snow pea pods, baby bok choy, red onion, and carrots. Place everything in a bowl and set aside.
BUTTERFLY SHRIMP W/ BACON: CHINESE RESTAURANT RECIPE - THE ...
5/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsCategory Fish & SeafoodCalories 456 per serving
- Peel the shrimp, only leaving the small segment of shell that connects to the tail. Place the shrimp on its side with its underbelly facing you. Holding the shrimp with one hand, use the tip of your knife to split the tail shell.
- Next, rinse the shrimp clean under running water. Pat the shrimp dry with a kitchen towel and return to the cutting board, backside down. Season the shrimp with a light sprinkle of salt. Cut the slices of bacon to match the length of the shrimp. Gently press them onto the shrimp.
THAI FRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
Reviews 12Category Main CourseCuisine American, AsianTotal Time 25 mins
- "Stir fry sauce" ingredients together in a cup (soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar) until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons oil, then add 2 minced garlic cloves and chili. Stir-fry 30 seconds to release the fragrance, then add shrimp and stir-fry until shrimp turns pink about 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and drizzle the stir-fry sauce over. Use a large flat utensil to perform a scooping motion to fry the rice another 2-3 minutes, or until sauce is well distributed.
CAROLINA RED RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON - SOUTHERN CAST IRON
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RED CHILE RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SHRIMP WITH SPICY SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
RED RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON | RECIPE | RED RICE ...
BACON AND SHRIMP FRIED RICE - SAVEUR: AUTHENTIC RECIPES ...
RED CHILE RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON RECIPES — DISHMAPS
SHRIMP-AND-BACON RED RICE RECIPE
20 EASY SHRIMP RECIPES WITH RICE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST SHRIMP RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RED CHILE RICE WITH SHRIMP AND BACON RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make crispy rice with shrimp, bacon and corn?Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add to the hot oil in a single layer and sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Turn heat down to medium-low and add the bacon in a single layer. Cook, turning to evenly brown, until crisp, about 10 minutes. While the bacon browns, shuck the corn and cut off the kernels.
What's the best way to cook red chili shrimp?Sauté the shrimp for a minute or two, then add the snow pea pods, baby bok choy, red onion, carrots, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. Stir well to coat everything with the oil and sauces, and sauté for another minute or two.
What's the best way to make shrimp fried rice?Once the pancetta begins to turn brown, 1 to 2 minutes, add in the shrimp and peas and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add the cooked rice and stir well to break it up in the wok. Add the scrambled eggs back in, season with the light soy and toss to coat the rice. Add in the toasted sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
What's the best way to cook shrimp with bacon?Sprinkle a pinch of red pepper flakes in the hot bacon grease, then add the shrimp, stirring for one to two minutes per side, or until just cooked. Using a slotted spoon, remove from grease and lay atop the paper towels that are on top of the bacon.