THE BEST BEEF STEW
Our stew has tons of flavor thanks to the herbs, red wine and balsamic vinegar. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a small bowl, toss beef and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a large bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour and paprika. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat. , In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste, herbes de Provence and garlic; cook until fragrant and color starts to darken slightly. Add wine; cook until mixture just comes to a boil. Simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, 1 teaspoon rosemary and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is almost tender, about 1-1/2 hours., Add potatoes, onions and carrots. Cover; simmer until meat and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes longer., Discard bay leaves. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 2 tablespoon flour. Add cold water and vinegar; stir until smooth. Stir into stew. Bring to a boil; add peas. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. If desired, top with additional fresh rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 605mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
RED WINE-MARINATED BEEF STEW
A twist on traditional beef stew--stew meat that is so tender even the most finicky eaters will love! (i.e. kids that don't like meat that is tough to chew...like mine.) The "secret" is the acid from the red wine. It helps to break down the collagen, naturally tenderizing the meat and releasing great flavor! The longer you can marinate the better but a minimum of 3 hours is essential. Enjoy with a good crusty bread and a glass of red!
Provided by PittsburghersLuv2eat
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Marinate the beef in red wine in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, turning the meat over halfway through marinating time.
- Remove beef from the wine and pat dry with paper towels. Reserve the wine.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper. Brown in the hot oil, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove meat, drain the pot, and add bacon. Cook until semi-crisp and browned, about 5 minutes. Drain bacon grease but do not wipe the pot clean.
- Drizzle remaining oil into the pot and add potatoes, carrots, green beans, celery, and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Pour reserved wine, beef broth, and tomatoes into the pot, scraping up the browned bits that cling to the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add rosemary and sage. Return the meat to the pot and bring the liquid to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer until meat is very tender and no longer pink, 3 to 3 1/2 hours, adding mushrooms during the last 1 hour of cooking time.
- Combine tapioca and cold water in a bowl. Mix into the stew to thicken as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.3 g, Cholesterol 70.2 mg, Fat 24.2 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 26.4 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 400.8 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
RED WINE BEEF STEW
Tender and succulent, this red wine beef stew is the ultimate one-pot meal, loaded with tender potatoes and carrots. Don't forget to bring over a loaf of crusty French bread for sopping up the rich sauce.
Provided by Sara Quessenberry
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, place in a large bowl, and toss with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or wide-bottomed pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Cook the meat, in batches, until well browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes, transferring the pieces to a plate as they are browned. Pour off and discard any drippings from the pot.
- Add the tomato paste, wine, broth, onion, bay leaves, thyme, and 2 of the carrots and bring to a boil. Return the meat and any juices back to the pot (the meat should be barely submerged in liquid), cover, and transfer to the oven. Cook for 2 hours.
- Using tongs, remove and discard the cooked vegetables. Add the potatoes and the remaining 8 carrots to the pot, cover, and return to the oven. Cook until the meat and vegetables are fork-tender, about 1 hour more.
HEARTY BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE
This also can be made in a crockpot. I add different veggies, cubed squash, and 1/2 can baby peas, just added the peas the last 5 minutes of cooking. This is great on a cold winters day. Enjoy!
Provided by Dancer
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine flour and pepper; coat beef cubes.
- Reserve remaining flour mixture. In 3 tablespoons of hot oil, brown beef, and remove when brown.
- Sauté onion, celery and garlic until tender.
- Return beef to pan.
- Add beef, broth, wine and spices.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to simmer, cover and continue cooking for 1-3/4 hours.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook covered another 45 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender, but not mushy.
- Thicken broth if necessary with 2 tablespoons of the flour mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- Simmer until thick.
SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE
Hearty and full of flavor, this slow cooker beef stew with wine is perfect for the busy parent. There is no need to precook anything and everything can be prepped the night before to be thrown together the next day to cook.
Provided by Nicole Napeahi Lemon
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray and place meat inside.
- Mix flour, pepper, and salt together in a small bowl. Pour over the meat and stir to coat. Stir in potatoes, red wine, carrots, bacon, celery, onion, garlic, seasoning salt, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or High for 4 to 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, Carbohydrate 29.3 g, Cholesterol 70.2 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 746.4 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
RED WINE BEEF STEW
- Cut beef into 2 to 2 1/2 inch pieces; pat with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. Combine 3 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika and pepper in a bowl; toss beef with flour mixture.
- Cook beef in batches, in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4-6 minutes until brown. Remove beef from Dutch oven. Add red wine, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven. Return beef to Dutch oven; add broth, thyme, bay leaf, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, peel turnip, and cut into 1 inch cubes. Halve mushrooms. Add turnip, mushrooms, and carrots to stew. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended; whisk 1/2 cup hot broth into flour mixture until smooth. Whisk flour mixture into stew until smooth. Cook stirring often, 20 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416.8, Fat 17.4, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 149.7, Sodium 744.8, Carbohydrate 10.9, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 3.8, Protein 49.8
More about "red wine beef stew recipes"
ITALIAN BRAISED BEEF STEW IN RED WINE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
3.8/5 (6)Total Time 5 hrs 30 minsCategory Slow Cooked Beef RecipesCalories 602 per serving
- Heat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3. Heat a glug of oil in the casserole over a high heat. Season the beef generously with salt and pepper, then fry in 2-3 batches until browned all over. Set aside.
- Put the dried porcini in a heatproof bowl, pour over 200ml freshly boiled water, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat another glug of oil in the casserole over a medium heat, then add the onions and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until beginning to colour and soften. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, then add the rehydrated porcini with all but the last 1cm soaking liquid (discard as it will be gritty), the tomato purée, wine, herbs and tinned tomatoes. Rinse out the tin with the beef stock and add that to the casserole as well. Stir well.
- Return the browned beef to the casserole, cover with the lid, then transfer to the oven and cook for 5 hours. After 3 hours of cooking, give the stew a good stir, then add the potatoes, olives and capers. Continue to cook until the meat is fall-apart tender and the potatoes have softened.
EASY BEEF STEW RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER STEW RECIPES
Servings 6Calories 260 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC/325ºF/gas 3. Dice the beef into 1cm pieces, then toss in a bowl with the flour, making sure the meat chunks are totally covered.
- Transfer to a plate and leave to one side.While the beef cooks, peel and finely chop the garlic, then peel the shallots and halve most of them, keeping a few whole.
SLOW-COOKER RED WINE BEEF STEW - RECIPES, PARTY FOOD ...
5/5 (7)Servings 8Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 40 mins
- Sear meat on all sides until golden brown with a crust, working in batches if necessary, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker. Add butter and scrape pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat bits.
BEEF STEW RECIPE WITH RED WINE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 6Total Time 3 hrs 30 minsCategory Meat And PoultryCalories 402 per serving See details »
BEEF STEW CROCK POT RECIPES WITH RED WINE - THE BEST …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE - RECIPE GIRL
Reviews 1Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large pot over high heat. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper. Add the beef to the pot; sauté until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Push the meat to the sides of the pot. Reduce the heat to medium; add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the pot. Add the onions; sauté until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Mix the the meat into the onions. Add 1 cup of the wine, tomatoes with their juices, hoisin sauce, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots and the last cup of wine. Cover; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.Uncover, increase the heat to high; boil until the sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes longer. Reduce the heat to medium, add the cornstarch mixture and simmer until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Discard the bay leaves. Season the stew with salt and pepper. Transfer the stew to a large bowl. Sprinkle with parsley; serve.
EASY STOVE TOP BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE - PINCH ME, …
5/5 (9)Category Main CourseServings 4Total Time 3 hrs 15 mins
- In a gallon ziploc bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add stew meat, close bag, and shake to coat.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add meat chunks and brown on all sides. Set aside leftover seasoned flour.
- Add broth, bay leaves, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, covered, for about 1.5 hours.
BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
5/5 (5)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory SoupCalories 510 per serving
- Toss the beef cubes in the flour until coated. In a large pot or dutch oven, cook the beef in the oil over medium heat until browned on all sides. Add in the beef broth. Stir in the thyme, rosemary, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire, ketchup and red wine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender. Once done, if needed, thicken the stew by dissolving the cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and whisking into the stew.
BEEF STEW IN RED WINE SAUCE RECIPE - JACQUES PéPIN | …
5/5 (628)Category Meat & Poultry Recipes, Beef RecipesServings 4Total Time 2 hrs 40 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large enameled cast-iron casserole, melt the butter in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the meat in the casserole in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 8 minutes. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir to coat the meat with it. Add the wine, bay leaves and thyme, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Cover the casserole and transfer it to the oven. Cook the stew for 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is very tender and the sauce is flavorful.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cover the pancetta with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain the pancetta and slice it 1/2 inch thick, then cut the slices into 1-inch-wide lardons.
- In a large skillet, combine the pancetta, pearl onions, mushrooms and carrots. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 cup of water and a large pinch each of sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until almost all of the water has evaporated, 15 minutes. Uncover and cook over high heat, tossing, until the vegetables are tender and nicely browned, about 4 minutes.
RED WINE BEEF STEW - A STOVETOP BEEF STEW RECIPE
4.4/5 (10)Total Time 23 minsCategory Appetizer, Main Course, Main Dish, SoupCalories 379 per serving
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika and black pepper. Mix dry ingredients well and set aside 2 tablespoons flour before adding beef.
- Heat light extra virgin olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add beef cubes. Turn every so often to sear and brown the outside. Cook for 4-5 minutes and remove to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess grease. Keep the heat on. Depend on the size of your pan, you might want to work in 2-3 batches. Meat browns best when it has room for air to circulate and isn't crowded.
THE DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE YOU'LL CRAVE ...
5/5 (6)Total Time 2 hrsCategory Main CourseCalories 528 per serving
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the cubed beef and use your clean hands to thoroughly blend hte spices with the meat so that the beef is evenly coated.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium heat. When the pot is hot, add the bacon and cook until crisped and fat the fat has rendered. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Add the seasoned beef cubes to the hot bacon grease, working in batches to evenly brown the beef. Turn the beef cubes occasionally with a pair of tongs. Transfer the beef to a plate and continue in the same method, browning the meat and transferring to the plate.
RED WINE BEEF STEW - FOX AND BRIAR
5/5 (20)Category Dinners, Soups/StewsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 15 mins
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onions and season with kosher salt. Cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
RED WINE BEEF STEW - PANLASANG PINOY
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseServings 4Calories 633 per serving See details »
BEEF STEW WITH MUSHROOMS AND RED WINE - A PERFECT …
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins See details »
RED WINE BEEF STEW - SCHECKEATS
- In a large pot, heat up the oil and then add in the beef to brown on all sides (medium-high heat). It's better to do it in batches so it doesn't overcrowd the pan. You are just looking to sear the exterior of each side, but not cook it all the way through. As you brown the meat, season generously with salt and pepper.When all the meat is well browned, take it out of the pot and place in a bowl set aside. The meat will probably leave some grease; leave it in. Add in the onions to the pot (now medium-low to low heat). Cook down the onions for about 10-15 minutes with some more salt and pepper.
- After the onions develop some light browning, add in the garlic, tomato paste, crushed red chili pepper flakes, and dry oregano. Cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the meat back in with the carrots and parsnips. Then add the wine and beef stock and top with the rosemary, thyme, and bay leaves.
DAUBE DE BOEUF (BEEF AND RED WINE STEW) RECIPE | …
Category Comfort Food Recipes, StewsTotal Time 5 hrs 55 mins See details »
CLASSIC BEEF STEW IN RED WINE RECIPE | EAT THIS NOT THAT
3.2/5 (109)Category DinnerAuthor David Zinczenko And Matt GouldingCalories 410 per serving See details »
RED WINE BEEF STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2/5 See details »
IRISH BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE - CASTLEWOOD HOUSE …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
HOW TO COOK RED WINE BEEF STEW - JEANNE TWISTED …
See details »
BEEF BOURGUIGNON RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
See details »
THIS IS THE BEST RED WINE FOR BEEF STEW
See details »
BEST RED WINE FOR BEEF STEW: COOKING, PAIRING, AND …
See details »
#time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #stews #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love