OMA'S RHUBARB CAKE
Oma always makes this for her grand kids after she picks through her garden. Probably not good for the thighs but Oma's cooking is always good for the taste buds.
Provided by Alea
Categories Desserts Cakes Yellow Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking soda, salt and 2 cups flour. Stir in the eggs and sour cream until smooth, then fold in the rhubarb. Pour into the prepared dish and spread evenly. In a smaller bowl, stir together the remaining 1 cup sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup flour until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the cake then dust lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.9 calories, Carbohydrate 57.7 g, Cholesterol 49.6 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 252.5 mg, Sugar 38 g
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE
Pretty pink fruit ripples through this light sponge cake with crunchy crumble topping - a spin on classic comfort baking
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield Cuts into 8 slices
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and grease and line the base and sides of a deep 20cm round cake tin with a little of the butter and baking parchment. Put the butter, 250g sugar and vanilla into a big mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy with an electric whisk.
- Beat in the eggs, one by one, then fold in the 300g flour and baking powder. Spoon out 85g of the batter, and stir the extra 7 tbsp flour and cinnamon into this with a cutlery knife so it becomes crumbly.
- Fold the rhubarb into the rest of the cake batter and scrape into the prepared tin. Scatter over the crumble mix followed by 1 tbsp sugar. Bake for 1 hr 15 mins, until a skewer poked in comes out clean - you'll need to lay a sheet of foil on top after an hour if the cake is browning too much. Cool for 15 mins in the tin, then finish on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8.7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 36.8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17.6 grams sugar, Fiber 1.5 grams fiber, Protein 4.8 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE
When tart, juicy rhubarb teams up with an orange-scented cake, dessert nirvana is achieved. The stalks offer jammy brightness and a rosy hue, and a crunchy brown-sugar crumble is its crowning glory. Cozy each slice up to a spoonful of whipped cream infused with the reserved rhubarb syrup.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss rhubarb with 1/4 cup sugar. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 30 minutes. To make streusel, stir together 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using your fingers, cut in cold butter until medium clumps form. Press mixture into bottom of bowl; refrigerate until ready to use, at least 20 minutes.
- Butter a 9-inch round cake pan and line bottom with parchment; butter parchment. Dust pan with flour; tap out excess. Whisk together baking powder and remaining 1 1/4 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In another bowl, stir together room-temperature butter and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Fold in half of flour mixture, then sour cream and zest. Stir in remaining flour mixture just to combine. Spread batter in bottom of prepared pan.
- Break streusel into large pieces; sprinkle half over batter. Strain rhubarb (reserving syrup); scatter over batter, then top with rest of streusel. Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack; let cool completely. Whip cream to soft peaks; sweeten to taste with syrup. Whisk until soft peaks return and serve with cake.
RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE
When the rhubarb comes up, I'm the first one in our household to get at it. I treat my family to this cake every spring.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and orange drink if desired; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour milk. Fold in rhubarb. , Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon; stir in coconut and nuts. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 105mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
RHUBARB CRUMB COFFEE CAKE
Since rhubarb grows well in our frigid climate, I freeze a lot of it. I have plenty on hand to make this old-fashioned coffee cake and other rhubarb treats.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in rhubarb. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. , Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 132mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Make and share this Rhubarb Cake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by bekrifat
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350°F Grease a 20cm / 8in cake pan, preferably loose-bottomed or springform. If you don't have one, use a regular cake pan but grease very well, line the bottom with a circle or parchment paper, and grease again.
- Trim the rhubarb and chop into pieces a couple of inches long. Put in a baking dish with the sugar and water and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft but still retains its shape. Drain the fruit and set aside you can reserve the juice to serve with the cake if you wish.
- Put the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl, or in the bowl of a food processor or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add the grated zest and the butter. If using your hands, rub the butter in as if making pastry - until the mixture resembles large crumbs. If using a food processor you just need to blitz for a few seconds, and if using a stand mixer, mix on low to medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Break the egg into a small bowl and mix with the milk. Now add slowly to the crumble mix, stopping as soon as everything has come together to form a soft, sticky dough. You may not need all the liquid, or you may need a little more milk to get the right consistency.
- Press about two thirds of the crumble mixture into the bottom of the cake pan, pushing a couple of centimetres up the sides of the pan. Place the rhubarb on top, being careful to leave a small rim around the edges uncovered. Crumble the rest of the mixture over the fruit in fat lumps, using your fingers - don't worry if the fruit isn't all covered. Scatter over the brown sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool the cake a little before removing from the pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.5, Fat 10.8, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 44.7, Sodium 111.5, Carbohydrate 32.7, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 18.3, Protein 2.8
More about "rhubarb crumble cake recipes"
RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE | CANADIAN LIVING
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE WITH GINGER CREAM - JAMES MARTIN CHEF
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - TASTEBOTANICAL - EASY SEASONAL LOAF CAKE
RHUBARB SQUARES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - BAKING HEAVEN
POLISH RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE – CIASTO Z RABARBAREM I KRUSZONKA
RHUBARB CRUMBLE TRAY-BAKE CAKE RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
COOK THIS: ODA'S RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE FROM ONLY IN …
RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE - BAKES BY BROWN SUGAR
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RHUBARB SOUR CREAM CRUMB CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
TRADITIONAL RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE | CRUMBLE TOPPING | STEP-BY-STEP …
THIS AIRY RHUBARB COFFEE CAKE IS THE PERFECT SPRING TREAT TO WAKE UP TO
10 RHUBARB CAKE RECIPES TO TRY | ALLRECIPES
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS - DAIRY DIARY
RHUBARB AND RASPBERRY CRUMBLE CAKE RECIPE - THE OXFORD …
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - SIMPLY STACIE
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - MATT MORAN
RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE - CHARLOTTE HUBBARD
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - EASY AND DELICIOUS - KLARA`S LIFE
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE RECIPE | DR. OETKER
QUICK RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE RECIPE - WHERE IS MY SPOON
VEGAN RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE RECIPE | ELEPHANTASTIC VEGAN
RECIPE: RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - SORTED FOOD
RHUBARB AND YOGHURT CRUMBLE CAKE - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE | DELICIOUS EVERYDAY
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE - MY BAKING ADDICTION
EASY OLD-FASHIONED RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE • THE FRESH COOKY
RHUBARB CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
JANE'S PATISSERIE RHUBARB CHEESECAKE RECIPE | EASY DESSERT IDEA
RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
30 BEST RHUBARB DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE - PRETTYSWEET
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE - COUNTRY AT HEART RECIPES
RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
RHUBARB CAKES | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
RHUBARB AND CUSTARD CRUMBLE CAKE | ONLY CRUMBS REMAIN
RASPBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE CAKE – VEGAN CHEESECAKE
RHUBARB CRUMB CAKE - BAKING SENSE®
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love