RIGATONI WITH SPICED MEAT SAUCE
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente; drain, and return to pot. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, cook lamb in a large saucepan over medium-high, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, cinnamon, and cayenne, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar, and season again with salt and pepper. Add sauce to pot with pasta, and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 569 g, Fat 17 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 33 g
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE
This is the hearty pasta dish that everyone loves to eat. The rigatoni cooks right in the sauce, which not only saves you from having to wash an extra pan-it makes the pasta more flavorful.
Provided by Marge Perry
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the beef and garlic and cook, breaking the beef into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until the onion and beef are lightly browned, 9 to 10 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook until it is nearly evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and zucchini; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened, 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rigatoni, salt, pepper, and 3 cups water; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the sauce is somewhat thickened, about 18 minutes. Add 1 cup water and continue cooking until the pasta is tender, 9 to 10 minutes more.
- Serve the rigatoni topped with the Romano and basil.
BAKED RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE
This is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for a crowd, as it doubles and triples easily. It is comfort food at its best. Even picky eaters will come back for seconds!!! From the book Pasta by Food & Wine. COOKING TIME INCLUDES 70 MINUTES OF SIMMER & BAKE TIME!
Provided by Jostlori
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a medium frying pan, heat the oil and butter over low heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley and basil and cook until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Raise the heat to moderate, add the ground beef, fennel seed, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rigatoni until almost done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Lightly oil a 3 quart oval baking dish. Toss the pasta with the meat sauce and put half of it in the baking dish. Top with half the mozzarella. Repeat with remaining pasta and mozzarella.
- Bake until the pasta is piping hot, about 20 minutes.
RIGATONI WITH STEAK SAUCE
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Cook the steaks until they are brown but still rare in the center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a plate and set aside to cool completely. Add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil to the same pan. Saute the onions and carrots until the onions are translucent, about 8 minutes, with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Add the garlic and oregano, and saute for 1 minute. Add the wine and simmer for 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce and broth. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat to allow the flavors to blend, about 10 minutes. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, trim off any fat from the steaks, then cut the steaks into bite-size pieces and set aside. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the rigatoni and boil until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Drain the rigatoni.
- Toss the rigatoni and reserved steak pieces and any accumulated juices from the steaks with the sauce to coat. Transfer the pasta to bowls. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese shavings and serve.
PASTA WITH MEAT SAUCE
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. When hot, add the meat and cook, without stirring, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Break it up with a wooden spoon, then add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a simmer. Add the crushed tomatoes and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened and the flavors come together, about 1 hour.
- About 20 minutes before the sauce is done, bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt liberally. Drop in the pasta, give it a stir and cook until al dente according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Remove from the heat, toss in the cheese and serve.
RIGATONI AL SEGRETO (RIGATONI WITH SECRET SAUCE)
This Rigatoni al Segreto recipe was the most closely guarded secret at Gino's, one of New York City's most famous Italian restaurants. When it closed, the recipe got out. But I think the amount of butter was way too low. So here's my version.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt. Cook until no longer white and starting to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook about 1 minute. Add chili flakes and blended tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer; adjust heat to medium to medium-low. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 60 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes (5 minutes from doneness).
- Add about 2/3 of the basil to the sauce. Stir in butter. When butter melts, add cheese in 3 increments.
- Drain pasta; transfer to sauce. Stir until rigatoni are evenly coated with sauce. Serve sprinkled with the remaining basil and a dusting of grated cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 595.9 calories, Carbohydrate 57.9 g, Cholesterol 48.1 mg, Fat 33 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 17.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 1431.4 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
RIGATONI ALLA GENOVESE
I have no idea why this amazingly flavorful Genovese-style meat sauce isn't way more popular than it is. It's quite simply one of the best pasta sauces you'll ever taste, thanks to a very slow cooking process, and massive amounts of onions.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook pancetta until most of fat is rendered out, about 6 minutes. Remove cooked pancetta with a slotted spoon and save.
- Raise heat to high and transfer meat to the pot. Season with salt. Cook and stir until liquid releases from beef and begins to evaporate, and meat browns, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add celery, carrots, reserved cooked pancetta, salt and pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes. Add a heaping tablespoon of tomato paste, bay leaf, and white wine. Cook and stir, scraping up the brownings from the bottom of the pan, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sliced onions. Reduce heat to medium. Cover pot and cook 30 minutes without stirring. After 30 minutes, stir onions and meat until well mixed. Cover again, and cook another 30 minutes. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered 8 to 10 hours, stirring occasionally. Skim off fat as mixture cooks. If sauce seems to reduce too much, add water or broth as needed to maintain a sauce-like consistency. Cook until beef and onions seem to melt into each other.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until just barely al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Add rigatoni to the sauce and cook until heated through. Serve topped with a pinch of marjoram and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 891.2 calories, Carbohydrate 116.8 g, Cholesterol 79.9 mg, Fat 29.5 g, Fiber 10.1 g, Protein 38.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 1022.2 mg, Sugar 19.2 g
RIGATONI WITH MEAT AND CHEESE SAUCE
This recipe tops the rigatoni with a bechamel style sauce before broiling. Can substitute ground turkey or Italian sausage for the ground beef. I also just make this in a large casserole dish rather than individual bowls (it makes a LOT to be considered four servings).
Provided by pedspeech
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To make the meat sauce, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the beef for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned all over. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, herbs and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan, then add in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly. Return the pan to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring the mixture occasionally, until creamy and thickened.
- Add the egg yolk, cheese and seasoning, and stir until the sauce is well blended.
- Preheat the broiler. Meanwhile cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water according to the instructions on the package. Drain thoroughly and turn into a large mixing bowl. Pour the meat sauce over and toss to coat.
- Divide the pasta among four flameproof dishes. Spoon over the cheese sauce and place under the grill until brown. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh basil.
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add beef; brown 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, wine and parsley. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cook 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add pasta to skillet; toss gently. Cook, covered, over low heat 1 to 2 minutes or until some of sauce is absorbed.
More about "rigatoni with meat sauce recipes"
BAKED RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
5/5 (20)Calories 529 per servingCategory Main Course, Pasta
- Add olive oil to a Dutch oven and place over MEDIUM heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink and drain off grease. Add remaining sauce ingredients and simmer while preparing bechamel.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over MEDIUM-LOW heat. Sprinkle in flour and whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and nutmeg. Turn heat up to MEDIUM and and whisk and cook until smooth, thick and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Combine meat sauce and pasta and mix thoroughly. Spray a large casserole dish or lasagna pan with cooking spray and layer 1/2 of the pasta mixture, half the bechamel and half the cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE (RIGATONI AL RAGù DI CARNE)
5/5 (22)Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsCategory Main Dishes
ONE POT RIGATONI IN PINK SAUCE - SWEET SAVORY AND STEPH
RIGATONI MEAT SAUCE WITH BACON RECIPE – BACON & BEVS
BAGEL-SPICED GROUND BEEF & TOMATOES WITH FRESH RIGATONI
10 BEST RIGATONI PASTA GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
LOADED BAKED RIGATONI RECIPE WITH BEEF | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE RECIPE BY MICHAEL SYMON
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE RECIPE - KUDOS KITCHEN BY RENEE
BAKED RIGATONI PASTA RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BAKED RIGATONI WITH BEEF RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
10 BEST RIGATONI RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
THE GOOD DISH MELISSA GORGA&#39;S MEAT SAUCE OVER RIGATONI
BAKED RIGATONI WITH VEGAN MEAT SAUCE - VEGAN RICHA
RIGATONI AND MEAT SAUCE » HANGRY WOMAN®
RIGATONI AND MEAT SAUCE — COOKING WITH THE PAN
THE EASIEST RIGATONI BOLOGNESE - MIDWEST FOODIE
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY BAKED RIGATONI WITH BEEF | KITCHN
RIGATONI WITH MINCED MEAT AND ITALIAN SPICES - RECIPE
BAKED RIGATONI PASTA RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
RIGATONI WITH GENOVESE-STYLE MEAT SAUCE - CHEF JOHN ...
EASY RIGATONI PASTA WITH MEAT SAUCE | CARIBBEAN GREEN LIVING
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE - 5 INGREDIENTS 15 MINUTES
RIGATONI BOLOGNESE (RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE) - FOXES LOVE LEMONS
RIGATONI WITH 3 PEPPER SAUCE | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
BAKED RIGATONI WITH BEEF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LIDIA BASTIANICH’S RIGATONI WITH ITALIAN AMERICAN MEAT SAUCE
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BAKED RIGATONI WITH TOMATO HERB MEAT SAUCE
RIGATONI WITH ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE - CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE | ANOLON
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE - FUELED BY FLAVOR
10 BEST BAKED RIGATONI MEAT SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
MICHAEL SYMON’S RIGATONI WITH MEAT SAUCE - RUMBLY IN MY TUMBLY
RIGATONI MEZZI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RIGATONI PASTA BAKE (MEAL PREP & FREEZER FRIENDLY) - THE RECIPE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook rigatoni pasta?Add the tomatoes with their juice and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Stir in the parmesan. Heat the oven to 350F. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rigatoni until almost done, about 12 minutes. Drain. Lightly oil a 3 quart oval baking dish. Toss the pasta with the meat sauce and put half of it in the baking dish.
How do you cook meatloaf with rigatoni sauce?Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well. Combine beef, rigatoni, Tomato Sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
What are the ingredients in a baked rigatoni?All the ingredients in this baked rigatoni are layered, but in a no-fuss, rustic way. Here are is what you'll need to make it: For the meat sauce: one pound lean ground beef, onions, garlic, paprika, nutmeg, and rosemary. Crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. You can use ground turkey or Italian sausage, if you prefer.
What can I substitute for rigatoni pasta?Rigatoni is great for baked pasta dishes, and holds up well to thicker sauces such as cream sauces or chunky tomato sauces. If you can’t find rigatoni at your local grocery store, penne is a good substitute.