PANCETTA WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
Asparagus spears wrapped with pancetta and sautéed until crisp. Perfect with brunch or as a side with simply grilled chicken.
Provided by Jennifer Segal
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Wrap a slice of pancetta tightly around each asparagus spear. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and coat lightly with vegetable oil (the more oil you use, the crispier the pancetta will be -- just be careful not to use too much or it will splatter). Cook the asparagus, turning as each side browns, until they are just tender and the pancetta is crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up any excess grease, then transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND PROSCIUTTO
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- If the asparagus are thick, peel them halfway up the stalks. Cut off and discard the bottom third of the asparagus. Place the asparagus in a single layer on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, until the stalks are just tender. Meanwhile, place the prosciutto in a single layer on another sheet pan and roast in the same oven for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a medium (10-inch) saute pan over medium heat and wait until the bubbles almost subside. Crack the eggs into the skillet, keeping them separate, if possible. Sprinkle the eggs generously with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until the whites are cooked but the yolks are still runny. Don't turn them over!
- Arrange the asparagus on 3 plates. Place 2 slices of prosciutto on top of each pile, drizzle with hollandaise, and place a fried egg on top of the prosciutto. Serve hot.
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in the jar of a blender and process on low for 15 seconds. Melt the butter in a small saucepan until it is sizzling hot. Remove the small clear insert in the top of the blender. With the blender on low, slowly add the hot butter to the egg and lemon mixture and blend for 30 seconds, until the sauce is very thick. Use immediately.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS, PANCETTA & CHERRY TOMATO PASTA
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Boil the pasta in salted water. Put the asparagus into a roasting tin, then toss with the oil and pancetta. Roast for 10 mins until the pancetta starts to crisp up, stir in the tomatoes, then cook for 5 mins more.
- Drain the pasta, then add to the roasting tin along with the torn basil leaves and seasoning. Stir well until everything is glistening, then serve in bowls, scattered with grated Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 80 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 0.82 milligram of sodium
Since asparagus is so abundant here in spring, I like to put it to use with this tasty roasted asparagus recipe. Not only does it come together quickly, but it calls for just a handful of items. We all look forward to this side dish each year. -Vikki Rebholz, West Chester, OH
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange asparagus in a single layer in 2 foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 12-15 minutes, turning once. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 73 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 122mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PASTA WITH ROASTED GARLIC, PANCETTA AND ARUGULA
For this pasta, garlic is roasted in the oven to bring out its sweetness, then sautéed with bold flavors: salty pancetta, fiery chile flakes and a squeeze of lemon. Chopped peppery arugula and a pound of penne round out the dish. It takes 40 minutes to an hour to roast the garlic, but you can do it a day in advance, and it is worth it for the final, honeyed results.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Trim hairy root and green stem from green garlic, or trim 1/4-inch off top of regular garlic, making sure to expose all cloves.
- Place garlic in a small, shallow baking dish, root side down, and drizzle each with a little olive oil. Cover dish with foil. Roast until cloves or bulbs are golden brown, about 40 minutes to 1 hour (green garlic will cook faster than regular garlic). If bottom of dish starts to burn before garlic is roasted, add one tablespoon water. Transfer to a rack to cool. Garlic can be roasted up to one day ahead; wrap well and store in refrigerator.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add pancetta and red pepper flakes. Sauté until pancetta is golden and crisp around edges, about 5 minutes.
- Peel outside layer of green garlic, or if using regular garlic, squeeze cloves from their papery skins. Chop roasted garlic, and add to skillet with lemon juice and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add drained pasta and arugula to skillet, place over low heat, and toss until arugula wilts. Add just enough cooking water to scrape up brown bits in pan (do this 1 tablespoon at a time). Taste and adjust seasoning, then serve with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 778, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 112 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 27 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 633 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH PANCETTA
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point, and discard ends.
- Toss asparagus with oil and minced garlic, and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and peppers and sprinkle with diced pancetta and parmesan cheese.
- Roast at 400F for 12 minutes or until done.
- Serve with lemon squeezed over asparagus.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.9, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 14.7, Sodium 287.4, Carbohydrate 11.5, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 3.1, Protein 12.1
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WRAPPED IN PANCETTA
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus by bending them at the end and snapping where it clicks naturally. Feel free to boil your asparagus for a minute or so if they are not as tender as they should be.
- Grab 6 spears of asparagus, sandwich one of the rosemary sprigs and one of the anchovy fillets among the spears, and wrap a slice of pancetta around the middle to hold everything in place. Make three more bundles in the same way , and out them into a small roasting tray or pan with ? lemon. Drizzle with a little olive oil and roast in the pre-heated oven for 4 to 5 minutes, until the pancetta is crispy.
- Remove from the oven, add your knob butter, and squeeze over the juice of your roasted lemon. Season of needs be. This will make a fantastic smoky sauce with your melted anchovies.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GOAT CHEESE AND BACON
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 500°F. Arrange asparagus on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and turn asparagus to coat well. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast asparagus until crisp-tender when pierced with knife, about 7 minutes. Arrange asparagus in single layer on platter. Sprinkle with goat cheese, then bacon. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle grated lemon peel over. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature.)
GRILLED PANCETTA-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Yield Makes 6 (appetizer) servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Prepare a grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high heat for gas).
- Trim asparagus to 6 inches long, then toss with oil and 1/4 tsp pepper in a small dish. Wrap middle of each asparagus with 1 slice of pancetta. Thread 3 or 4 wrapped asparagus 1/2 inch apart onto each skewer.
- Oil grill rack, then grill asparagus, uncovered, turning, until pancetta is golden brown in spots and asparagus is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
SESAME-COATED PANCETTA-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- Put flour, eggs, and sesame seeds in 3 shallow dishes. Wrap each asparagus spear with pancetta, leaving tip exposed.
- Heat oil in a medium straight-sided skillet over medium heat until it registers 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Dredge spears in flour, shaking off excess. Dip pancetta portion in egg; coat with sesame seeds. Fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Thread spears lengthwise onto skewers, if desired.
Asparagus never tasted so good! Simply seasoned with butter and green onions, they taste fresh and keep their bright green color, too. They're so good, you might want to make extra. This is how to cook asparagus in the oven. -Jody Fisher, Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place asparagus in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Toss with melted butter and green onions; spread evenly. Sprinkle with salt., Roast until crisp-tender, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 266mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CRISPY LEEKS AND CAPERS
In this supremely springy recipe, thick asparagus stalks and thinly sliced leeks are glossed with olive oil and covered in salty capers. Everything is roasted in the same pan and emerges tender and golden-edged. Capers also make an appearance in the mustard sauce served alongside, which adds a tangy, mayonnaise-like richness. You can double the recipe, if you wish, though you may have to increase the roasting time by a few minutes to make up for a more-crowded pan. Serve this on its own as a first course, or as an accompaniment to roast chicken, braised meats or seared fish. Just don't use thin asparagus: It'll cook too quickly, before the leeks have a chance to turn golden. Stick with spears that are at least 1/2 inch in diameter.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Put asparagus on a rimmed sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt until well coated.
- In a small bowl, stir together leeks, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Sprinkle leeks on top of asparagus, then sprinkle with capers. Roast until asparagus are tender and golden brown, about 12 to 18 minutes.
- While the asparagus stalks roast, make the mustard sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, capers and garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil a few drops at a time to create a thick, emulsified dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once asparagus stalks are out of the oven, squeeze a lemon wedge over it and sprinkle parsley on top. Serve with mustard sauce and more lemon wedges on the side.
ASPARAGUS WRAPPED IN PANCETTA
This dish is a really good starter, or could be served as a light lunch with bread.
Provided by salamandercookshop
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- First make the dressing. Mix the rind and juice of the lemon with the garlic, parsley and olive oil, seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Take three asparagus spears and wrap them together tightly in one slice of Pancetta, ensuring that the whole asparagus is well covered in the Pancetta, particularly the tip. Complete this for the rest of the asparagus.
- Heat a large heavy non-stick frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and place the Pancetta wrapped asparagus in the pan to cook.
- It may be necessary to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan. Cook until the Pancetta is really crispy, turning as it cooks.
- On four plates arrange a bed of salad leaves and dress with the lemon and garlic dressing, gently tossing the leaves to coat.
- Slice each of the Pancetta wrapped asparagus in half with a diagonal slice and divide between the plates.
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bend asparagus spears and snap off tough ends. Wrap 3 to 4 spears with a slice of prosciutto and secure with a toothpick. Place bundles in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle some lemon juice and olive oil over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until asparagus is crisp-tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until prosciutto is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle with more lemon juice after broiling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.8 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 220.4 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
More about "roasted asparagus with pancetta recipes"
ROASTED ASPARAGUS | VEGETABLES RECIPES - JAMIE OLIVER
ASPARAGUS WITH CRISPY PANCETTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPE WITH PANCETTA (BEST ASPARAGUS …
SLOW-SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH PANCETTA - RECIPE
PANCETTA-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | POPSUGAR FOOD
10 BEST ROASTED POTATOES CARROTS AND ASPARAGUS …
ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS - CULINARY HILL
RECIPE: TRUFFLE & PANCETTA PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS & SPINACH - BLUE …
SCRAMBLED EGG AND ROASTED ASPARAGUS TOASTS - FOODIECRUSH
VIDEO: ASPARAGUS WRAPPED IN PANCETTA | MARTHA STEWART
SIMMERED IN TRADITION: PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS AND PANCETTA
ROASTED ASPARAGUS - SHE'S COOKIN
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AND BACON - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
BEST OVEN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ROASTED …
PANCETTA ASPARAGUS CARBONARA - SIMPLY SCRATCH
BEST ASPARAGUS WITH PANCETTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PANCETTA …
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH FRIED EGGS AND PANCETTA RECIPE
RECIPE: CALABRIAN SHRIMP & PANCETTA PASTA WITH ASPARAGUS
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH PANCETTA AND SHAVED ASIAGO RECIPE | EAT …
ASPARAGUS AND PANCETTA PESTO PIZZA - THE ROASTED ROOT
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | PARMESAN ROASTED ASPARAGUS | RECIPES
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WRAPPED IN PANCETTA - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH PANKO AND PARMESAN - WHAT'S GABY …
ASPARAGUS AND PANCETTA QUICHE - GRAB A PLATE
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH HOLLANDAISE - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
WARM ASPARAGUS TOAST WITH PANCETTA AND VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | BON …
CRISPY GARLIC ROASTED ASPARAGUS (WITH GARLIC AIOLI)
12 ASPARAGUS RECIPES FOR PASTA, SALAD AND SOUP - CANADIAN LIVING
THE BEST ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - FOODIECRUSH .COM
AIR FRYER ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
#ham #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #side-dishes #pork #vegetables #spring #seasonal #meat #asparagus #number-of-servings
You'll also love