ROASTED ONIONS WITH VINEGAR
Elevating the humble onion: Roasting them in their skins retains their natural sugars, and they get meltingly soft without disintegrating.
Provided by Andrew Tarlow
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange onions on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, shaking baking sheet halfway through, until the innermost layers of largest onions are just tender (some of the onions will be jammy and others will have some bite to them), 30-40 minutes. If you have one, a cake tester is a great tool to check doneness.
- Transfer onions to a clean surface and let cool slightly. Halve through root ends and remove papery layers. Separate layers into individual petals and transfer to a platter or a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and toss gently to coat; season with salt and pepper.
ROASTED RED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
The sweetness of the onion and the flavour of the vinegar make this a hearty fall side dish. If you are using a well aged expensive balsamic vinegar the sugar may not be needed.
Provided by Tebo3759
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Remove papery skin from onions, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, in a small pan at 375 for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove onions and keep warm.
- Put water and vinegar in pan and boil 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mixture should reduce to about 1/4 cup.
- Remove from heat and add brown sugar.
- Cut onions in half and drizzle with vinegar mixture.
ROASTED RED ONIONS WITH BUTTER, HONEY, AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the butter, vinegar, honey, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute to reduce slightly. Place the onions, cut sides up, in a single layer on a baking pan. Drizzle the butter-vinegar mixture over and roast until soft and slightly caramelized, about 45 minutes.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position; heat to 425 degrees.
- Cut onions in half; toss with oil and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place, cut-side down, on a lipped cookie sheet.
- Roast until tender and cut surfaces are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Adjust seasonings; drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54.3 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Fat 3.4 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 148.6 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
ROASTED BALSAMIC ONIONS
Provided by Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the onion quarters with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and season with salt and pepper. Place in an ovenproof, large, nonstick skillet, spreading them out in an even layer. Cover the skillet with aluminum foil. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, and then remove the foil. Toss the onions well to coat with the reduced balsamic glaze and put back in the oven to roast another 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.
SWEET ROASTED ONIONS
This vegetarian side dish works well with a Sunday roast. Sweeten the whole onions with balsamic vinegar and maple syrup
Provided by James Martin
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut about 1cm off the top and bottom of each onion and peel off the skin. Nestle the onions in a small roasting tin or casserole dish, so that they fit snugly together in a single layer. Drizzle over the oil and balsamic vinegar, season, then get your hands in and toss the onions to coat. Cover the tin with foil and roast for 40 mins until tender.
- Remove the foil and drizzle over the maple syrup, then return to the oven, uncovered, for 20-30 mins, until the onions are caramelised.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS
- Position 1 rack in center and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 500°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Cut onions through root end into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. Place in medium bowl; toss with oil. Arrange onions, cut side down, on baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until onions are brown and tender, rotating pans in oven and turning onions once, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add vinegar. Return to heat. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. (Onions and balsamic glaze can be made 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover separately and chill. Rewarm onions in 375°F oven about 15 minutes. Stir glaze over low heat to rewarm.)
- Arrange onions on platter. Drizzle glaze over. Sprinkle with parsley.
ROASTED POTATOES, ONIONS, AND CARROTS WITH BROWN SUGAR AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, sage, and basil in a large bowl; add oil and balsamic vinegar and toss to coat. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven, tossing a couple of times for even cooking, until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with brown sugar. Continue to roast for 10 minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper just prior to serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240.1 calories, Carbohydrate 40.8 g, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 85.1 mg, Sugar 9 g
ROASTED ONIONS WITH HONEY AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
This recipe is from Tyler Florence, a side to his Prime Rib recipe. I've made it a few times and substituted 1 package frozen pearl onions, thawed, for the red onions, and added medium sized button mushrooms half way through the cooking time. I was never sure just how much a 'half bunch' of fresh thyme was, (and rarely have it on hand) so I used a little less than a tblsp of dried thyme. I also doubled the sauce recipe, due to the size of the onion pkg, and addition of the mushrooms. Delicious.
Provided by arroz241_11561377
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, except onions, in a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, simmer for about 1 minute, and reduce slightly.
- Place onions, cut side up, in a single layer on baking pan.
- If using pearl onions, no need to cut in half.
- Drizzle the honey,vinegar mixture over onions and roast for about 45 minutes, or until onions are caramelized.
More about "roasted onions with vinegar recipes"
EASY ROASTED ONIONS RECIPE (WITH VARIATIONS) - THE …
4.2/5 (49)Category Side DishAuthor Ronnie MooreCalories 80 per serving
ROASTED ONIONS WITH VINEGAR RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BALSAMIC-ROASTED RED ONIONS | RECIPE | FOOD & STYLE
OVEN ROASTED RED ONIONS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BEST BALSAMIC ONIONS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC ONIONS
HOW TO COOK ROASTED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND OLIVE …
ROASTED ONIONS WITH VINEGAR | RECIPE | ROASTED ONIONS, ROAST, ONION
ROASTED SWEET ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR - BIGOVEN.COM
ROASTED CIPOLLINI ONIONS WITH SHERRY VINEGAR RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ROASTED ONIONS WITH VINEGAR RECIPE - THE BEST RECIPES - 2022
ROASTED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR - BIGOVEN.COM
BUTTERY WHOLE ROASTED ONIONS - INSPIRED TASTE
ROASTED ONIONS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SLOW ROASTED BAKED ONIONS + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
BOILED, ROASTED ONION WITH VINEGAR AND HONEY RECIPE
ROASTED ONIONS WITH VINEGAR DRESSING RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
WHOLE ROASTED ONIONS - ROASTED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC …
EASY ROASTED ONIONS – A COUPLE COOKS
ROASTED ONIONS WITH VINEGAR DRESSING - COOKSTR.COM
ROASTED RED ONION | JUST PLAIN COOKING
ROASTED CIPOLLINI ONIONS WITH SHERRY VINEGAR RECIPE
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED ONIONS WITH VINEGAR | RECIPE | ROASTED ONIONS, VEGETABLE …
ROAST RED ONIONS WITH BASIL | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
ROASTED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
WHOLE ROASTED ONIONS - IT'S A VEG WORLD AFTER ALL®
ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BALSAMIC ROASTED ONIONS - PAULA DEEN
HOW TO ROAST PEPPERS & ONIONS IN OLIVE OIL & BALSAMIC VINEGAR
ROASTED ONION VINAIGRETTE — DIG ACRES
ROASTED ONIONS WITH VINEGAR RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ROASTED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
SHEET PAN VINEGAR CHICKEN WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND ONIONS
ROASTED RED ONIONS | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook onions in a pan with vinegar?Remove papery skin from onions, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, uncovered, in a small pan at 375 for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Remove onions and keep warm. Put water and vinegar in pan and boil 4 to 5 minutes.
What is the best way to roast onions?These whole roasted onions are seasoned with sweet balsamic vinegar and fresh thyme. The long roast time leaves them soft and buttery, almost melting in your mouth with each bite. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice off the tops of the onions and a small sliver on the bottom so that they sit flat.
How do you cook onions in a baking sheet?Prepare the onions by slicing off ¼" from the bottom and top so they lay flat. You can keep the skin on or take it off if you wish. Transfer the onions to the lined baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then drizzle it over the onions. Add a pat of butter to each onion, and a crack of sea salt and pepper.
How do you make caramelized onions with vinegar and honey?Combine the butter, vinegar, honey, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute to reduce slightly. Place the onions, cut sides up, in a single layer on a baking pan. Drizzle the butter-vinegar mixture over and roast until soft and slightly caramelized, about 45 minutes.