Simple Roasted Rutabaga is an easy recipe that really lets the flavor of this root vegetable shine. It pairs well with just about any fish or meat.
Provided by Lauren Harris
Categories Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel the rutabaga and cut into 1/2 inch think slices, discarding the ends. Then cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add to a medium size bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- Spread rutabaga onto a baking sheet and season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until fork tender.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 66 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 3 g, Sodium 593 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g
This is a new recipe I discovered this past Thanksgiving. We wanted to try a a new vegetable. I have to admit rutabaga, or yellow turnip as it is sometimes called, was something I wasn't totally wild about trying, but it turned out great. I love it now! Definitely a repeat!
Provided by Shannon Kelley
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place rutabaga in a large resealable plastic bag and drizzle olive oil over it. Seal the bag tightly and shake until rutabaga is nicely covered with oil. Open the bag and add salt, sugar, basil, and oregano. Seal the bag again and shake gently until spices are evenly distributed. Transfer rutabaga to a nonstick baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender and golden, stirring halfway through, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 979.5 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
- Toss 1 large peeled and cubed rutabaga with 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast at 425 degrees F until golden and soft, 40 minutes. Toss with 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and chopped parsley.
ROASTED RUTABAGA RECIPE (JUST LIKE POTATOES!)
This easy, healthy roasted rutabaga recipe is a lower carb side dish similar to potatoes. Made with just 3 ingredients in half an hour, it's the perfect side for meat, chicken, or fish.
Provided by Maya Krampf
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or cooking spray.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106 kcal, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Protein 1.4 g, Fat 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 595.6 mg, Fiber 2.7 g, Sugar 5.1 g, UnsaturatedFat 5.9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY ROASTED RUTABAGA
In this recipe, naturally sweet rutabaga is diced and roasted to perfection with a little oil and simple seasonings.
Provided by Diana Rattray
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Peel the rutabaga(s) and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl or food storage bag, toss the diced rutabaga with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, if using.
- Arrange the rutabaga in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
- Toss with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 kcal, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 106 mg, Sugar 10 g, Fat 11 g, ServingSize 4 Portions (4 Servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
ROASTED RUTABAGA AND POTATOES WITH CARROTS
I wasn't able to find a recipe like this for rutabaga anywhere, so I came up with one on my own, and it was fantastic! Just make sure that you thoroughly cook your rutabaga--it's not so good when it still has that bitter semi-raw taste.
Provided by Laila Roscoe
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Adjust oven rack to bottom position. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a large roasting pan with olive oil.
- Toss potatoes, rutabaga, carrots, red onion, and white onion in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and toss to evenly coat vegetables. Mix in lemon juice and garlic. Add Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, and sea salt; toss to thoroughly distribute ingredients. Transfer vegetable mixture to the prepared roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated oven until rutabaga is easily pierced with a fork and bright yellow or orange, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.6 calories, Carbohydrate 68.5 g, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 8.8 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 414.6 mg, Sugar 11.5 g
More about "roasted rutabaga recipes"
HEALTHY DIETITIAN RECIPE: ROASTED CARROTS AND RUTABAGA RECIPE
BALSAMIC ROASTED RUTABAGAS RECIPE | PAMELA SALZMAN & RECIPES
10 BEST ROASTED RUTABAGA AND BEETS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN WITH DATE SAUCE AND ROASTED RUTABAGA
ROASTED ROSEMARY RUTABAGA FRIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SEA SALT & OLIVE OIL ROASTED TURNIPS (RUTABAGA)
ROASTED RUTABAGA BRINGS OUT THE SWEETNESS OF A ROOT VEGGIE
BROWN SUGAR ROASTED RUTABAGA - SPEND WITH PENNIES
OVEN ROASTED RUTABAGA RECIPE - HERE TO COOK
ROASTED RUTABAGA WITH ROSEMARY AND ONIONS - LOW CARB …
GARLIC-PARMESAN ROASTED RUTABAGA - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
HERB ROASTED RUTABAGAS - RAD FOODIE
ROASTED RUTABAGA WITH MAPLE SYRUP - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
10 BEST RUTABAGA RECIPES | YUMMLY
26 BEST RUTABAGA RECIPES - HOW TO COOK RUTABAGA
ZESTY ROASTED RUTABAGA AND CARROTS | RECIPES - FRESH CITY
ROASTED RUTABAGA WITH LEMON TAHINI DRESSING - WE HEART LOCAL BC
GREEK STYLE OVEN ROASTED RUTABAGA - MEAL GARDEN
ROASTED RUTABAGA RECIPE (EASY & STRAIGHTFORWARD!)
ROASTED RUTABAGA STEAKS - CRAFT BEERING
RECIPE: ROASTED RUTABAGA WITH BROWN BUTTER | KITCHN
15 WOW-WORTHY RUTABAGA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
ROASTED MASHED RUTABAGA (SWEDE) - EVERYDAY HEALTHY RECIPES
ROASTED SWEDE (RUTABAGA) - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
ROAST BEEF WITH RUTABAGAS AND HEARTY VEGGIES - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
EASY ROAST SWEDE (ROAST RUTABAGA) - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
RUTABAGA RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
BASIC ROASTED RUTABAGA - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
ROASTED RUTABAGA WITH BEETS - HEART OF NOURISHMENT
BITE-SIZED ROASTED RUTABAGA RECIPE WITH ITALIAN HERBS
ROASTED TURNIPS, RUTABAGA AND SWEET POTATOES | BEETS & BONES
HONEY ROASTED RUTABAGA - PEEL WITH ZEAL
ROASTED RUTABAGAS & APPLES (VEGAN) - MY BODY MY KITCHEN
OVEN ROASTED RUTABAGA - UNBOUND WELLNESS
ROASTED RUTABAGA WITH LEMON TAHINI DRESSING - HALF YOUR PLATE
ROASTED RUTABAGA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
RUTABAGA FRIES - FEELGOODFOODIE
HOW TO COOK RUTABAGA: 3 EASY RECIPES + TIPS & TRICKS
CREAMY ROASTED RUTABAGA SOUP - YUMMY ADDICTION
ROASTED RUTABAGAS WITH LEMON-BROWN BUTTER SAUCE & CRISPY …
WHAT IS RUTABAGA + 11 EASY RUTABAGA RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
HERB ROASTED RUTABAGA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
You'll also love