ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE AND NUTS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Individually wrap 4 beets in foil. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender when pierced with a paring knife, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool. Rub beets with paper towels to remove skins and cut into small wedges.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley. Toss beets with dressing. Serve topped with blue cheese and walnut pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 g, Fat 20 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 7 g
GOLDEN BEET SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the beets in a roasting pan and add water to a depth of 1/2 inch. Cover the pan with foil and bake until the beets are easily pierced with a fork, about 1 1/2 hours. Set the beets aside until they are cool enough to handle. Peel and rinse off any pieces of skin. Slice the beets into 1/2-inch-thick rounds, and then cut them into 1/4-inch-thick sticks. Let the beets cool to room temperature.
- Toss the beets with the rice vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the olive oil and mustard and toss with the spinach. Garnish with the toasted walnuts and crumbled blue cheese.
- Make Ahead: You can roast the beets up to 3 days in advance; toss them just before serving.
BEET SALAD WITH PECANS AND BLUE CHEESE
- Place beets into a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover beets by 1 inch; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until skins begin to loosen, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Drain beets, remove skins, and cut into halves or quarters, depending on size. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven until beets are dark in color and almost fork tender, but not too soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool beets, dice into 1/2-inch cubes, and place in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey in a lidded jar for the honey-mustard vinaigrette. Close jar and shake to combine. Pour vinaigrette over beets and chill in the refrigerator until flavors have melded, 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet over low heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized, 15 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat, cool, and chop.
- Arrange 1/4 of the marinated beets in a solid circle on 4 salad dishes. Top with layers of onions and micro greens and sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans. Drizzle remaining beet vinaigrette around each salad, if desired. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488.4 calories, Carbohydrate 24.6 g, Cholesterol 10.8 mg, Fat 42.1 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 377.6 mg, Sugar 17 g
ROASTED-BEET SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 4 pieces of foil with parchment. Place 10 beets in center of each; drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Fold into packets, crimping edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet, and roast until beets are tender, about 1 hour. Unfold packets to cool slightly. Peel, and quarter.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add reserved beet greens, and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plates, and let drain. Combine beets and beet-green mixture with pecans, blue cheese, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve warm.
ROASTED YELLOW BEET SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE
- 1. Remove tops and roots from beets. Roast for 45 minutes to one hour in an oven at 400 degrees. Allow to cool until beets can be handled. Remove skin. 2. In a bowl, combine orange juice, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, ground cloves, minced shallots and canola oil. Whisk until combines. 3. Toss beets with dressing. Add in green onions and blue cheese and toss to combine.
BEET SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE AND WALNUTS
Some of my favorite foods are beets and blue cheese. My friend sent me the idea for this recipe which she calls "red and stinky"! LOL To each their own!
Provided by Carolyn Haas
Categories Other Salads
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1. Trim roots and tops from beets, leaving 1/2 inch or so. Save the green tops, if they are nice and fresh. OR if not, use fresh spinach, kale or other greens.
- 2. Place beets in pot, cover with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hour or longer until fork inserts easily. Drain.
- 3. In a medium hot skillet, add walnut pieces. Stir to roast them slightly. Do not leave them alone, there is a short window between being roasted and being burnt! Set aside.
- 4. Remove skins from beets when cool enough to handle. Cut into slices or chunks. Place in serving bowl.
- 5. Wash well the green tops, or other greens, and chop coarsely. Heat a few sprays of pan spray or a little of the oil in a skillet and sauté greens until slightly wilted but bright green. Add to beets.
- 6. In a small bowl, whisk remaining oil, vinegar, thyme, agave syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Add minced onion.
- 7. Toss dressing on beets and greens. Sprinkle on cheese and walnuts. Serve warm, or chilled
- 8. NOTE- if you don't like greens, just eliminate them!
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE
Provided by Michael Chiarello : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the beets in a baking pan, drizzle with the oil, and season with salt. Cover with foil. Bake for about 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- In a 1-quart non-reactive saucepan, over medium-high heat, reduce the tangerine juice to about 3/4 cup. Add the lemon juice. Remove from the heat and strain with a fine sieve.
- Return to the saucepan; add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Over medium heat, reduce until the mixture bubbles and has a syrup-like consistency. You should have about 1/4 cup. Remove from the heat and strain again. Let cool to room temperature. Add the olive oil. Set aside. (Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 1/2 weeks.)
- When cool enough to handle, peel the beets, and thinly slice them into rounds. Arrange on a serving platter and drizzle with the dressing. In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the remaining dressing and place spinach on top of beets in the center of the platter.
- Remove the wedge of blue cheese from the freezer. Using a microplane grater, grate the desired amount over the salad. Garnish with toasted almonds.
More about "roasted yellow beet salad with blue cheese recipes"
ROASTED BEETS AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND ...
4.6/5 (12)Category SaladsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Cut the beet leaves and stems down to one inch from the top of the beet. Do not slice into the beet. Scrub the soil off the beets and dry with a paper towel.
- Place the beets in a zip-top plastic bag with the oil and roll the beets around to coat them well with the oil. Place the beets in an oven-proof dish and transfer to the middle rack of the oven. Roast them for approximately 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the beets, or until a sharp paring knife shows just a little resistance when inserted into the beet near the top. They should be tender but not mushy-soft. Remove and set aside to cool.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, trim off the remaining top and the long skinny, tail root. With the backside of a table knife or a paper towel, push or lightly scrape the skin off the beets.
ROASTED YELLOW BEET AND PEAR SOUP WITH BLUE CHEESE ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BEET & BLUE CHEESE SALAD RECIPE - NICOLAUS BALLA | …
5/5 Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small baking dish, brush the beets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and roast the beets for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until tender when pierced with a knife. Let cool, then peel the beets and cut them into 1-inch wedges.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 1/4 cup of grapeseed oil with the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Add the beets, toss to coat and let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add the scallions, dill and parsley to the beets and toss well. Transfer the beets to plates, top with the crumbled blue cheese and serve.
DINNER DOUBLE FEATURE, PART 2: ROASTED BEETS CREATE A ...
Servings 4Category Salad
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pomegranate molasses, olive oil and ponzu. Don’t add salt! There is plenty of sodium in the ponzu, and the blue cheese will be fairly salty too.
- Pour the dressing over the beets and oranges and lightly stir to combine. Add the blue cheese and gently toss. Grate black pepper over everything, toss lightly and serve.
ROASTED BABY BEETS & BLOOD ORANGE SALAD & BLUE …
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 8Calories 163 per serving
- Leave root and 1 inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Cut an 18 x 12-inch sheet of foil. Place beets in center of foil. Gather edges of foil to form a pouch; tightly seal edges. Place pouch on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool 20 minutes. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Cut beets into quarters.
- Grate 1 teaspoon orange rind. Peel and section oranges over a large bowl; squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside; reserve 3 tablespoons juice. Discard membranes. Combine rind, juice, vinegar, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Divide greens evenly among 8 plates. Arrange beets and orange sections on top of greens. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons nuts. Drizzle each serving with about 2 teaspoons dressing.
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH PEACHES, PLUOTS, BLUE CHEESE, …
4.5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 mins
- Place beets on a long piece of tin foil then fold the foil into a packet. Place the foil on a cookie sheet and roast 45 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork. Allow beets to cool 20 minutes. Once cool, peel the skins off using your fingers or a paring knife (they should come off in strips easily).
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT'S CHEESE RECIPE - SAVORY …
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 238 per serving
- Marinate beets: Peel and dice freshly roasted beets. Place in medium bowl and combine with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and salt & pepper. Place in refrigerator until chilled.
- Make dressing: Once beets are ready, make dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Assemble: Place salad ingredients in a large salad bowl (see notes if you want to keep cheese from turning pink), add marinated beets and pour over dressing. Gently toss to coat all ingredients with dressing. Serve immediately.
ROASTED BEETS WITH CABRALES BLUE CHEESE, ENDIVES AND ...
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory SALADSTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the red and golden beets in two separate sealed foil packets and roast until tender, about 45 to 60 minutes. Once the beets are cool enough to handle, peel them. Cut the beets into wedges, keeping the two colors separate.
- Whisk together the olive oil, sherry vinegar, chives and shallots and season to taste with salt and white pepper. Separately marinate the beets with the vinaigrette.
- Clean the endives and cut off the bottom inch of each. Slice off the stem, then thinly slice the cut-off end of each endive. Carefully separate the remaining leaves, wrap in wet paper towels and chill.
- Whisk together the vinegar and mustard and slowly drizzle in the walnut and olive oils until emulsified. Stir in the shallot and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
ROASTED BEET AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Servings 10Calories 183 per servingCategory Salads
- Combine beets and canola oil in a bowl; toss to coat. Wrap beets tightly in foil and place in a baking dish.
- Unwrap beets. When cool enough to handle, peel and chop beets; set aside. There should be about 4 cups of each type of beet.
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE, WALNUTS & …
5/5 (77)Servings 4-6Cuisine American, FrenchCategory Salads
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wipe or scrub beets clean then trim stems down to one-inch (leave "tails" on). Place beets on a large piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil, then wrap foil around them to form a neat packet. Roast directly on rack in middle of oven until tender, about 1 hour. Test for doneness by piercing the largest beet with a knife. If it enters easily, it's done. Unwrap beets and let sit until cool enough to handle. Use your hands or a paring knife to peel skin, then cut into ½-inch dice (I usually do this right on the aluminum foil but you can also use a stain-proof cutting board or plate). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add the oil in a steady stream. (Alternatively, add all your ingredients to a jar, cover with lid, and shake vigorously to blend.) Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place the greens in a large bowl, drizzle with about half of the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Add as much of the remaining vinaigrette as desired and toss again. Divide greens onto plates, then sprinkle with beets, walnuts and goat cheese. (The reason you don't just mix it all together in a salad bowl is that the beets would cause the whole salad to turn pink.) Serve immediately.
ROASTED BEET, BLUE CHEESE AND PECAN SALAD | …
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with foil. Put the beets and a drizzle of olive oil in the center; toss the beets to coat. Fold the foil into a loose-fitting but tightly sealed packet around the beets. Roast the packet on the baking sheet until the beets are tender (about 1 hour and 20 min). Let the beets cool completely in the foil. When cool, use a paring knife to peel and slice the beets into wedges (six to eight per beet.) The beets can be roasted up to two days ahead and refrigerated.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Just before serving, distribute the mixed baby greens onto the salad plates. Divide the beet wedges among the plates. Drizzle the salads with the vinaigrette. Scatter the blue cheese and pecan across the plates. Serve.
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPE
Calories 308Saturated Fat 5g 26%Cholesterol 8mg 3%Total Fat 29g 37%
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE : RECIPES : …
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
SLOW ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE RECIPE | …
5/5 (4)Servings 6Cuisine EuropeanAuthor Michael Symon
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GRATED BLUE CHEESE : RECIPES ...
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 55 minsCategory Main-Dish
CHICORY & ROASTED BEET SALAD & BLUE CHEESE DRESSING …
Servings 6Calories 164 per serving
ROASTED BEETS WITH BLUE CHEESE | HEALTHY BEETS RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE AND WALNUTS | …
ROASTED BEETS WITH CABRALES BLUE CHEESE ENDIVES AND ...
BEET SALAD WITH WALNUTS BLUE CHEESE RECIPES
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH TOASTED PINE NUTS AND …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook beets for salad?Directions. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley. Toss beets with dressing. Serve topped with blue cheese and walnut pieces.
How do you make spinach salad with beets and blue cheese?In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the remaining dressing and place spinach on top of beets in the center of the platter. Remove the wedge of blue cheese from the freezer. Using a microplane grater, grate the desired amount over the salad.
What to do with red and Golden beets?This simple but elegant roasted beet salad features red and golden beets, mild feta cheese and baby greens tossed in a light dressing of olive oil and lemon juice. Using a mix of red and golden beets gives the salad a nice visual contrast. In addition, many people find the golden beets to be a bit sweeter...
How do you use Honey-Dijon vinaigrette with beets?Arrange 1/4 of the marinated beets in a solid circle on 4 salad dishes. Top with layers of onions and micro greens and sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans. Drizzle remaining beet vinaigrette around each salad, if desired. Serve chilled. Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of honey-dijon vinaigrette dressing ingredients.