7-LAYER FIESTA PARTY DIP
This recipe was very popular back in my teenaged cast-party days, when my mom would make it for us. I recall getting the recipe from Mike Everheart's mom, I think. I love this stuff! I usually make a double or 1.5 recipe, and keep the extras at home for myself. ;) It's hard to believe how much folks are paying for these layered dips in the stores... it tastes better when you make your own!
Provided by Julesong
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl mix together the refried beans, half of the package of taco seasoning, the salsa, and 3 tablespoons of the sour cream.
- (Reason for adding salsa/sourcream: layered dips can be too thick for dipping if you don't add something to thin them down a bit - the salsa and sour cream add both flavor and the thinning aspect, so you don't want to skip them. Also, you can add cayenne and/or ancho powder to taste. I usually add ancho because I love the smokey flavor.).
- Spread the mixture into a large rectangular glass lasagna dish.
- (If you used two cans of beans and not all of the dip will fit in the dish, spread the remaining on a dinner plate and you can make your *own* dip to keep at home while you take the rest to the party!).
- In a separate bowl mix the rest of the sour cream with the remaining taco seasoning.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the refried beans.
- Taking your guacamole, spread it carefully on top of the sour cream mixture. Take care not to mix the two together. (Some people swap these layers around - it's up to you -- I just prefer the guac on top.).
- Toss the two types of grated cheese together, then spread them on top of the guacamole.
- Sprinkle with the tomatoes, olives, and green onions. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- You can make this recipe a day ahead and let it sit in the fridge overnight - let it come to room temperature before serving with round, restaurant-style tortilla chips. (The reason to serve it at room temp is so that when you attempt to dip your chips in they don't break!) Some folks like to serve this hot instead of cold: bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, if you'd like to do that.
- Notes: The above is my basic recipe. When I make it these days, I usually fiddle with it a bit, by: using 1 can of black bean refried beans instead of regular, adding ancho powder into the beans and sour cream, and adding a small can of chopped mild green chiles into the refried beans. When I'm lucky enough to bring home any of this from a party as leftovers, I fill flour tortillas with the dip and fry them up as burritos. They're wonderful both warm and cold, and taste great for lunch!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.2, Fat 23.7, SaturatedFat 13, Cholesterol 57.8, Sodium 1116.3, Carbohydrate 20.2, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 3.6, Protein 14.9
ROSARITA'S SUPER 7 LAYER PARTY DIP
This is another recipe straight from the coupon section of the Sunday newspaper :-) It is a Rosarita original recipe. It is fantastic for a super bowl party (or any other party, for that matter).
Provided by piranhabriana
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Reserve 1/2 cup drained tomatoes, set aside.
- Blend remaining tomatoes and reserved juice with beans in small bowl.
- Spread bean-tomato mixture into 8x8 inch baking dish or round casserole dish.
- Top with guacamole.
- Blend sour cream and taco seasoning mix together in small bowl.
- Spread over guacamole.
- Top evenly with layers of cheese, olives, green onions, and reserved tomatoes.
- Chill for 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332.6, Fat 24.6, SaturatedFat 14.5, Cholesterol 57.9, Sodium 652.1, Carbohydrate 18, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 0.5, Protein 11.8
More about "rosaritas super 7 layer party dip recipes"
SEVEN LAYER DIP - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
Ratings 3Calories 196 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Spread refried beans on the bottom of your dish. You can use a deep dish pie plate or large bowl or even an 8x8 square baking dish.
- Next, spread a layer of sour cream over the beans. Then, spread guacamole on top of the sour cream and then salsa on top of the guacamole.
- Finally, sprinkle green onions and black olives. You can also garnish with fresh tomatoes and fresh cilantro.
7 LAYER DIP RECIPE: THE BEST PARTY DIP EVER - PUREWOW
3/5 Total Time 30 minsServings 10Calories 285 per serving
- In the base of an 8-by-4-inch casserole dish (or other small casserole dish, if you don't own this size), spread the beans in an even layer.
ROSARITA® 7 LAYER DIP | READY SET EAT
Cuisine MexicanCategory Appetizer/Snack, DipsServings 14Total Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- Reserve 1/2 cup drained tomatoes; set aside. Blend remaining tomatoes and reserved liquid with beans in medium bowl.
- Blend together sour cream and seasoning mix in small bowl. Spread over guacamole. Top evenly with layers of cheese, olives, green onions and reserved tomatoes. Chill 2 hours prior to serving. Serve with pita chips, if desired.
7 LAYER DIP RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
Reviews 4Category AppetizerServings 16Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
7 LAYER DIP PARTY CUPS - MY HEAVENLY RECIPES
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
QUICK VEGETARIAN 7-LAYER BEAN DIP APPETIZER RECIPE
4/5 (11)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side Dish, Appetizer, SnackCalories 923 per serving
THE BEST 7-LAYER DIP RECIPES FOR YOUR MARCH MADNESS BASH
Author Angela CarlosEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
7 LAYER PARTY DIP RECIPE - DIY JOY
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
7 LAYER DIP RECIPE - IMPRESSIVE PARTY APPETIZER - TARA ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 285 per serving
- Mix together the bean dip and refried beans until smooth and spread in a thin layer on a large round platter, 12 to 13 inches in diameter.
- Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning and gently spread on top of the guacamole, leaving a border around the edge.
- Arrange a ring of chopped tomatoes about ¼ inch in from the edge of the sour cream layer. Mix together the scallions, cilantro and jalapeño and arrange in a ring inside the tomatoes.
QUICK AND EASY MEXICAN 7-LAYER DIP - DOMESTICALLY CREATIVE
4.2/5 (6)Total Time 10 minsCategory Appetizer
CLASSIC 7 LAYER MEXICAN DIP RECIPE - MAKE YOUR MEALS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SEVEN LAYER DIP RECIPE WITH SPICED SOUR CREAM AND GREEN ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
7 LAYER PIZZA DIP - CRAZY FOR CRUST
5/5 (2)Calories 205 per serving
7 LAYER DIP - TWO SISTERS
Servings 12Total Time 25 minsCategory RecipesCalories 227 per serving
HEALTHY 7-LAYER DIP - THE PIONEER WOMAN – RECIPES ...
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Appetizers, SnackTotal Time 15 mins
MY FAVORITE RECIPES N' MORE: SUPER 7 LAYER PARTY DIP
7 LAYER DIP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MEXICAN RECIPE COLLECTIONS | ROSARITA
LAYERED DIPS FOR GAME DAY | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL ...
7 LAYER PARTY DIP RECIPE: MEXICAN STYLE! - YOUTUBE
ROSARITA'S SUPER 7 LAYER PARTY DIP RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in 7 layer Mexican dip?Although the ingredients can vary from recipe to recipe, there are always seven layers. And many recipes add additional flavors as toppings. The basic ingredients include refried beans, taco seasoning, sour cream, avocados (or guacamole), salsa, shredded cheese, and olives.
What foods go well with 7 layer dip?Beans, guacamole, sour cream and cheese layered to perfection! I am known for my 7 layer dip ever since I've been making this. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. My mom's Seven Layer Dip is a big hit at all small gatherings! Refried beans are layered with guacamole, seasoned sour cream, veggies and cheese.
How to make a 7 layer Guacamole dip?Spread an even layer of sour cream over the guacamole. Spread an even layer of salsa over the sour cream. Sprinkle an even layer of cheese over the salsa. Top with the tomatoes, then the scallions. Serve with tortilla chips. Note: You can make this 7 layer dip up to 12 hours ahead and refrigerate it until ready to serve.
What can I add to my Mexican dip recipe?One of the best parts of this 7 layer Mexican Dip recipe, is that you can add or remove whatever ingredient that you prefer. If you like it hot, add in some diced jalapenos. Or if you would like a little additional flavor without the heat, add in some green chiles.