What a pretty parfait! Layered with fresh raspberries, it's a summertime treat. I'm a veterinarian. My husband, Jim, and I share cooking duties for our family. -Barbara Ulrich, Newark Valley, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside. , In another saucepan, heat whipping cream and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is lukewarm. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture until completely dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes., Stir in sour cream and vanilla. In each of four parfait glasses, place a scant 1/4 cupful of cream mixture; top each with a rounded tablespoonful of raspberries. Repeat layers. Top each with scant 1/4 cup of cream mixture. , Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with fresh raspberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 544 calories, Fat 32g fat (20g saturated fat), Cholesterol 119mg cholesterol, Sodium 46mg sodium, Carbohydrate 60g carbohydrate (55g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
RUSSIAN SOUR CREAM CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine eggs and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes until mixture is smooth and thick. Sift 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour on top and carefully mix into the batter using a wooden spoon or a spatula. Pour batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to completely cool on a wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Combine sour cream, 1 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer for 10 to 15 minutes until a thick cream forms.
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom layer on a cake platter and spread with a layer of cream filling. Add second layer and spread another layer of filling on top. Finish cake by placing the third layer on top and cover cake from all sides with the remaining cream. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.7 calories, Carbohydrate 52.6 g, Cholesterol 73.5 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 42.6 mg, Sugar 40.2 g
EASY RUSSIAN MUSHROOM BAKE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Increase heat to high and add mushrooms. Cook and stir until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Do not cook so long so that they begin to release a lot of liquid. Add sour cream, mix well, and transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a second skillet over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Distribute onions over mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted and is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 68.1 mg, Fat 36.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 15.3 g, SaturatedFat 16.3 g, Sodium 383.6 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
This makes an excellent dessert after a great meal. Just serve as individual molds or slice off a chunk from a large mold. Surround with fruit. You can't go wrong.
Provided by Bob Crouch
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix together cream, sugar, and gelatin in a saucepan and heat gently until the gelatin is thoroughly dissolved.
- Cool until slightly thickened.
- Fold in sour cream and flavor with vanilla.
- Whisk until mixture is quite smooth.
- Pour mixture into a serving bowl or 3 cup metal mold.
- If you want to make individual servings, pour into six small 1/2 cup individual molds.
- Cover and chill until set, at least 4 hours.
- Unmold by dipping container in hot water until edges being to melt.
- Invert mold onto a serving dish and surround with fruit.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.8, Fat 22.2, SaturatedFat 13.6, Cholesterol 74.3, Sodium 48.6, Carbohydrate 35.6, Sugar 34.7, Protein 2.6
This is a very festive-looking accompaniment to any holiday meal-and it's especially pretty with a Christmas buffet. I usually serve it on a cranberry-colored glass serving plate. We were first treated to Russian Creme by a "welcoming family" when we became members of our church. Since then, it's become a holiday tradition in our household.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Dissolve sugar and gelatin in water over low heat. Remove from stove; stir in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Chill the mixture until slightly thickened (like unbeaten egg whites). Fold in whipped cream with wire whisk until well blended. Pour into greased 6-cup ring mold; chill until set. To make topping, drain raspberries, reserving juice. Prepare dessert mix, following package directions for pudding, using raspberry juice as part of liquid. Chill topping; fold in raspberries. To serve, turn molded cream onto glass serving plate (at least 1 in. larger than mold) Put the raspberry topping in a small bowl in center of mold. Guests serve themselves by taking a slice of creme pudding and spooning topping over it.
Nutrition Facts :
This is mmm...mmm good. Very rich and creamy. The recipe originated at some fancy restaurant, but is a piece of cake to make.
Provided by Rob King
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine sugar, water, and gelatin in small saucepan and blend well.
- Let stand 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place over medium heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually blend in cream.
- Combine creme fraiche and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Gradually add hot sugar mixture, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Pour into 6 or 8 wine glasses or desert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
More about "russian creme recipes"
BEST RUSSIAN CREAM DESSERT RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
15 RUSSIAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
RUSSIAN CREME CUSTARD | MIDWEST LIVING
RUSSIAN BUTTERCREAM - THE EASIEST FROSTING RECIPE
14 TRADITIONAL RUSSIAN DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
RUSSIAN CREME CUSTARD - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
RUSSIAN BUTTERCREAM RECIPE - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
RUSSIAN CREAM - MY RECIPE CONFESSIONS
THE BEST RUSSIAN HONEY CAKE - MOMSDISH
RUSSIAN CRèME CUSTARD - NOT ENTIRELY AVERAGE
THE BEST RUSSIAN BUTTERCREAM RECIPE - SMOOTH & CREAMY
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 15 minsCategory CakeCalories 196 per serving
SPOTLIGHT ON SMETANA: RUSSIA’S SOUR CREAM - THE MOSCOW TIMES
RUSSIAN BUTTERCREAM - BAKER BETTIE
RUSSIAN CREME RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
AUTHENTIC HOMEMADE SOUR CREAM - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
RUSSIAN CREAM WITH BERRIES DESSERT - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
11 MOUTHWATERING RUSSIAN CAKES YOU SHOULD TRY - CULTURE TRIP
RUSSIAN BUTTERCREAM CAKE FROSTING RECIPE – SWANS DOWN® CAKE …
RUSSIAN BUTTERCREAM RECIPE - CUPCAKES AND CUTLERY
RECIPES | RUSSIAN CREAM WITH RASPBERRIES - BUCK'S T-4 LODGE
RUSSIAN CREME - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
WHITE RUSSIAN CREME BRûLéE | KITCHEN CONFIDANTE
RUSSIAN SOUR CREAM CAKE (SMETANNIK) - ALYONA’S COOKING
RUSSIAN CREAM | NOBIGGIE
20+ RUSSIAN RECIPES YOU MUST TRY BEFORE YOU DIE - LACADEMIE
RUSSIAN CREAM WITH BERRIES - OUR BEST BITES
ORANGE RUSSIAN CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RUSSIAN CREME - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
RUSSIAN CREAM WITH STRAWBERRIES RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
CHOCOLATE RUSSIAN BUTTERCREAM: SIMPLE INGREDIENT RECIPE
RUSSIAN CREAM DESSERT - GLUTEN FREE FROM HOME
RUSSIAN CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
WHITE RUSSIAN CREME BRûLéE
RUSSIAN CREAM RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RUSSIAN ICE CREAM RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RUSSIAN CREAMCHEESE VATRUSHKA BUNS - MOMSDISH
BLINCHIKI (RUSSIAN CREPES) - LUIZA'S KITCHEN
15 TRADITIONAL RUSSIAN DESSERTS - THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #low-protein #desserts #eggs-dairy #european #dinner-party #kid-friendly #russian #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Russian cream?Don't let the simplicity of this recipe fool you— Russian Cream is pure heaven. In a saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in water; let stand 5 minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in whipping cream. In a bowl, combine sour cream and vanilla. Add gradually to hot mixture; mix until smooth.
How do you serve your Russian Creme?I usually serve it on a cranberry-colored glass serving plate. We were first treated to Russian Creme by a "welcoming family" when we became members of our church. Since then, it's become a holiday tradition in our household. Dissolve sugar and gelatin in water over low heat. Remove from stove; stir in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
What is Russian cream dessert?Russian cream is a dessert that is a mix between a custard and a pudding. It’s made similar to Panna cotta. Basically a gelatin cream dessert…the perfect berries and cream dessert. It just melts in your mouth with a smooth creamy texture with a simple vanilla flavor. Nothing crazy, just a delicious dessert.
How do you make sour cream and vanilla molds?Fold in sour cream and flavor with vanilla. Whisk until mixture is quite smooth. Pour mixture into a serving bowl or 3 cup metal mold. If you want to make individual servings, pour into six small 1/2 cup individual molds.