A classic Italian combination is remade into a creamy, family-pleasing spaghetti pie. This recipe was given to me several years ago. My family never grows tired of it. - Ellen Thompson, Springfield, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente; drain., In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, seasonings and sugar., In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, melted butter and Parmesan cheese until blended. Add spaghetti and toss to coat. Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese onto bottom; top with beef mixture. , Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 690mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY SPAGHETTI PIE
This was a recipe that I learned from a neighbor in Ohio. There are other recipes out there like this one, but this is the easiest one I've found, and in my opinion, the best tasting...I always make 2 of these at a time and share the 2nd with friends who in turn share a dish with my family...Or you could make it all in one big 9 x 13" rectangular pan...It's a keeper for sure! (And quite the ice-breaker, I must say!)
Provided by Stacky5
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Brown ground beef and garlic in skillet. Drain well.
- Mix cooked and drained ground beef/garlic mixture with the Prego spaghetti sauce in a large skillet. Cook on medium/low until heated through.
- Beat eggs and add parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Add cooked and drained pasta (cooled slightly so as not to "scramble" the eggs) and toss well to coat.
- Spread pasta mixture on bottom and up sides of 2- 9" glass deep dish pie plates. (Press it down firmly with a spoon to resemble the shape of a pie crust.).
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning evenly on pasta mixture on each 9" pie.
- Spread 1/2 Ricotta cheese evenly on EACH pie, over the pasta mixture.
- Top each pie with 1/2 the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle each pie with 1 cup mozzerella cheese. (I sprinkle a little bit more Parmesan cheese on top -- ).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, until the cheese melts and is SLIGHTLY crispy on top.
- Let stand and cool for 5 minutes, and then cut into wedges.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-3-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 3 to 4 minutes less than the package recommends, so that it is very al dente. Drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef, 5 to 8 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the beef to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel. Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat and saute the onions until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marinara, ricotta, parsley, eggs, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the cooked spaghetti, beef and onions and toss to evenly coat. Transfer to the prepared pan, top with the mozzarella and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
SAUCY SPAGHETTI PIE
This is a kid pleaser and is a great weeknight meal. I've made this the night before to pop in the oven after work. Cut calories and fat by using light cheeses, ground turkey and whole wheat spaghetti.
Provided by DuChick
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 pie, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Shell: Cook spaghetti according to package directions: drain.
- Stir in butter or margarine, Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Form spaghetti into a "crust" in a 10 inch pie plate.
- Sauce: Brown ground beef and onions, drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Filling: Spread cottage cheese over bottom spaghetti "crust". Top with half the mozzarella cheese and then the sauce mixture.
- Bake in 350* oven for 30 minutes, topping with the remainder of the cheese during the last 10 minutes of baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 533.4, Fat 27.3, SaturatedFat 12.6, Cholesterol 159.4, Sodium 849.5, Carbohydrate 36.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 8.3, Protein 33.8
CHEESY SPAGHETTI PIE
- Mix the cooled spaghetti, grated cheeses and eggs together in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the oil to a large nonstick saute pan and heat to medium heat. Once hot, add a handful of the spaghetti mixture to the pan and flatten it out to the edges. Lay the American cheese on top and add another layer of the spaghetti mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes and flip, cooking for another 5 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
- Turn out onto a cutting board, slice as you would a pizza and serve.
SPAGHETTI PIE I
- Cook spaghetti in water with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 tablespoon oil until tender but still firm. Drain. Add eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Mix and shape into a crust in a greased 10-inch pie plate or springform pan.
- Spread cottage cheese over crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is thoroughly browned. Mix in tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and garlic powder. Spread mixture over cottage cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 524.5 calories, Carbohydrate 31.9 g, Cholesterol 144.5 mg, Fat 30.9 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 29.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.8 g, Sodium 1587.3 mg, Sugar 7 g
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: spaghetti, garlic, butter, grated parmesan cheese, large egg, bread crumbs, oil, small onion, ground beef, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, fresh basil, ricotta cheese, large egg, dried oregano, shredded mozzarella cheese
Provided by Jordan Kenna
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Wrap pasta in a clean dish towel and fold twice, breaking pasta into smaller 1-3 inch (2½ - 7½ cm) pieces.
- Cook until al dente (about 3 minutes) and drain well.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix warm cooked pasta with garlic, butter, grated parmesan, egg, and bread crumbs. Still until well incorporated and the butter and cheese have completely melted.
- Press pasta mixture into a deep 10-inch (25-cm) pie plate or casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until crust is set and edges have started to brown
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add in ground beef and cook until lightly browned. Using a spoon, drain off any excess fat that accumulates in the pan.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and sugar. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta, egg, and oregano.
- Spread ricotta mixture over the cooked pasta crust. Spread the meat sauce over the top of the ricotta mixture then cover with mozzarella. Bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Fancy-Pants Parmesan Crisps (optional for garnish): Pour a tablespoon of parmesan cheese onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400˚F (200˚C) until cheese has melted and become golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Let cool before removing from parchment paper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526 calories, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 32 grams, Sugar 7 grams
SPAGHETTI PIE CASSEROLE
My family adores this spaghetti casserole. It's old-timey comfort food. This is how to make baked spaghetti with cream cheese. -Patricia Lavell, Islamorada, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally., In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese., Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is bubbly, 5-10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calories, Fat 20g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 73mg cholesterol, Sodium 622mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
SPAGHETTI PIE II
- Cook and drain spaghetti. Stir in margarine, parmesan cheese and eggs, while spaghetti is hot. Form spaghetti mixture into a crust in a buttered 10 inch pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Drain off the fat and stir in the undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and oregano. Heat through.
- Spread cottage cheese over the spaghetti crust then pour in the beef and tomato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the pie then bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.7 calories, Carbohydrate 32.4 g, Cholesterol 144.1 mg, Fat 26.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 29.5 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 750 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
EASY SPAGHETTI PIE
Don't leave pies just for dessert. Try our Easy Spaghetti Pie. Throw a few ingredients together and bake. You'll be enjoying Easy Spaghetti Pie before you know it.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Toss spaghetti with Parmesan and egg; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with half the shredded cheese.
- Combine meat, pasta sauce and basil; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Let stand 5 min. before cutting into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 22 g
- Cook and drain vermicelli as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add cooked vermicelli; toss to coat. Spoon mixture evenly into pie pan, pushing mixture up sides of pan to form crust.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook ground beef, bell pepper and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce. Spoon evenly into vermicelli-lined pie pan.
- In small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons over filling.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pie is thoroughly heated and crust is light golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. To serve, cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Carbohydrate 44 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 740 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1/2 g
Meet your new favorite pasta dish. It's spaghetti, in the shape of a pie, with crispy edges and a chewy interior. This dish is as fun as it is tasty-your friends could eat it with their hands if they wanted to.
Provided by Alexandra Shytsman
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook the pasta in generously salted water according to the package directions until just shy of al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan (see Note) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, red sauce, pepper, salt, and all but 1 tablespoon each of the mozzarella and Parmesan. Add the pasta and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to the prepared springform pan and sprinkle with the reserved cheeses.
- Bake until the top is nicely browned and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before unmolding.
More about "saucy spaghetti pie recipes"
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE – QUICK AND EASY COMFORT FOOD
Ratings 8Calories 448 per servingCategory Main
- Break spaghetti in half. Cook in boiling salted water until 1 to 2 minutes before done according to package directions.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add green pepper and onion. Saute until they just start to soften. Remove the vegetables to a small bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Add the sour cream to the vegetables and stir to combine.
- **In the same skillet as you used on the vegetables, brown the meat. Drain. Add tomato paste and water. You can also add garlic or herbs to this sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes without a lid covering the pan.
SPAGHETTI PIE WITH SOUR CREAM - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
OH MY SPAGHETTI PIE (AN OLD CHICAGO COPYCAT) - INSTRUCTABLES
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE CASSEROLE RECIPE| TASTES OF LIZZY T
SAUCY SPAGHETTI PIE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPAGHETTI PIE: A COMFORT CLASSIC MEAL THAT'S SUPER EASY TO MAKE!
GAIL SIMMONS' EPIC SPAGHETTI PIE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE — MANDY IN THE MAKING | MEALS & MORE ON …
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS INCORPORATED
CLASSIC SPAGHETTI PIE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
ONE-PAN CHEESY SPAGHETTI PIE. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE - OH SWEET BASIL
NEAPOLITAN SPAGHETTI PIE - COOKING WITH NONNA
10 BEST BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE NO SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI PIE
EASY SPAGHETTI PIE - RECIPE GIRL
SPAGHETTI PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE | LIL' LUNA
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - FREEZER FRIENDLY! - EATING ON A DIME
FAMILY SPAGHETTI PIE - PREGO® PASTA SAUCES
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
BEST EASY BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE - THE FRESH COOKY
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE WITH TOMATO MEAT FILLING AND RICOTTA
SPAGHETTI PIE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
SAUCY SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
SPICEY ITALIAN SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE
SPAGHETTI PIE - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
SPAGHETTI PIE | THE DINNER BELL
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
10 BEST SPAGHETTI PIE NO SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #pasta #kid-friendly #dietary #one-dish-meal #ground-beef #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #spaghetti
You'll also love